Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#983671 Sep 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, yeah, actually he did.
A plot that involved more airplanes targeting LAX as one of its targets was originating in the UK but was prevented with the combined efforts of the CIA and Scotland Yard with 19 jihadists arrested in one night.
You should find the documentary about this and watch it. It was as intense as a movie but reality.
That was when the Patriot Act listened only to international chatter. It's how this plot was disbanded.
Obama thinks the Tea Party is the enemy.
So long as you leave off 9/11 and iraq and Afghanistan.

Did I miss any other event you'd like to leave out of the equation son?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#983672 Sep 16, 2013
RealDave wrote:
Republicans getting desperate.
The ACA exchanges will be opening soon.
OMG what if people like it!!!!
What if people save money!
What if you weren't a whackjob?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#983673 Sep 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Russia's Putin is doing enough eye rolling for all of us.
Trust me.
He's a close buddy of yours, eh?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#983674 Sep 16, 2013
RealDave wrote:
Wonder how fast the unfunded liability will grow? Think it will take 50 years to get to $100 trillion? Bet it won't take 20.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#983675 Sep 16, 2013
RealDave wrote:
RealDave you must be in this Poll: 12% Say Obamacare Will Have Positive Impact the rest of Americans ‘Grown Ups ‘know it’s a Disaster!!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#983676 Sep 16, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
How about when you trash the military career of a US Congressman who lost multiple limbs in Vietnam to win his seat in Congress.
See Karl Rocv & George W Bush.
You must be talking about Max Cleland.
Max Cleland didn't lose limbs to win a seat in Congress.

And, Max Cleland cause his own injuries. He had boarded a helicopter to leave, then for some unexplained reason, he diceded to get out of the helicopter that was already lifting off. One of his own grenades somehow became unsecured and the pin came out, and he blew himself up. No enemy action. No other people involved. The area had been secured even before he arrived.

What did Max Cleland in was when he basically told the VFW and American Foreign Legion to kiss his ass, giving them a very public snub when he turned his wheel chair around and rolled away to avoid coming into contact with them and receiving a letter written by them to him.

Just like when he blew himself up, he did that to himself, too.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#983677 Sep 16, 2013
Very fascinating.

Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

1. How many steps does the guard take during his walk across the tomb of the Unknowns and why? 21 steps:

It alludes to the twenty-one gun salute which is the highest honor given any military or foreign dignitary.

2. How long does he hesitate after his about face to begin his return walk and why?
21 seconds for the same reason as answer number 1

3. Why are his gloves wet? His gloves are moistened to prevent his losing his grip on the rifle.

4. Does he carry his rifle on the same shoulder all the time and, if not, why not? He
carries the rifle on the shoulder away from the tomb. After his march across the path, he executes an about face and moves the rifle to the outside shoulder.

5. How often are the guards changed? Guards are changed every thirty minutes, twenty-four hours a day, 365 days a year.

6. What are the physical traits of the guard limited to? For a person to apply for guard duty at the tomb, he must be between 5' 10' and 6' 2' tall and his waist size cannot exceed 30.

They must commit 2 years of life to guard the tomb, live in a barracks under the tomb, and cannot drink any alcohol on or off duty for the rest of their lives. They cannot swear in public for the rest of their lives and cannot disgrace the uniform or the tomb in any way.

After two years, the guard is given a wreath pin that is worn on their lapel signifying they served as guard of the tomb. There are only 400 presently worn. The guard must obey these rules for the rest of their lives or give up the wreath pin.

The shoes are specially made with very thick soles to keep the heat and cold from their feet. There are metal heel plates that extend to the top of the shoe in order to make the loud click as they come to a halt.

There are no wrinkles, folds or lint on the uniform. Guards dress for duty in front of a full-length mirror.

The first six months of duty a guard cannot talk to anyone nor watch TV.

All off duty time is spent studying the 175 notable people laid to rest in Arlington National Cemetery.

A guard must memorize who they are and where they are interred. Among the notables are:

President Taft,
Joe Lewis {the boxer}
Medal of Honor winner Audie L. Murphy, the most decorated soldier of WWII and of Hollywood fame.

Every guard spends five hours a day getting his uniforms ready for guard duty..

ETERNAL REST GRANT THEM O LORD AND LET PERPETUAL LIGHT SHINE UPON THEM.

In 2003 as Hurricane Isabelle was approaching Washington, DC, our US Senate/House took 2 days off with anticipation of the storm. On the ABC evening news, it was reported that because of the dangers from the hurricane, the military
members assigned the duty of guarding the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier were given permission to suspend the assignment. They respectfully declined the offer, "No way,
Sir!" Soaked to the skin, marching in the pelting rain of a tropical storm, they said that
guarding the Tomb was not just an assignment, it was the highest honor that can be
afforded to a service person. The tomb has been patrolled continuously, 24/7, since 1930.
Lakisha Bocateesha

Lakewood, NJ

#983678 Sep 16, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is; that the twitter comments and the Fox commentators comments were all disgusting and vile; just like you. You're all a bunch of filthy pigs. They're all mad because a blonde, tattooed gun toter didn't win. Oh boo effing hoo. gfy.
Bad booger-toothed lily she be drunker than a skunk while spewing her dirtbag-mama language.
Annie

New York, NY

#983680 Sep 16, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Panera Bread founder and CEO Ron Shaich usually doesn’t do his own shopping. But Saturday, the millionaire found himself looking for cheap groceries in Dorchester, Mass., a historically-poor neighborhood in Boston, he wrote in a LinkedIn post documenting a week of living on the equivalent of food stamps.
“[W]hat began as mild sense of uneasiness ahead of the shopping trip, graduated to outright worry once I began shopping,” he wrote.“After just a few minutes walking the aisles of the store, the concern set in that I may not be able to sustain myself for the next seven days. Thirty one dollars and fifty cents, the weekly budget, didn’t feel so insignificant until I actually started filling – and editing – what was ultimately a barren shopping cart.”
As part of Hunger Action Month, Shaich said he is eating on $4.50 a day, the average daily benefit per person provided by the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. Policy makers, including 26 members of Congress, have embraced the SNAP challenge as a way to demonstrate the difficulty of living with food insecurity.
Panera Bread has been experimenting with pay-what-you-can cafes in economically-difficult cities such as St. Louis and Detroit. The cafes have no set prices, only suggested donations. The company is testing the concept in other markets with a pay-what-you-can item: turkey chili in a bread bowl.
I guess in liberal speak "Supplemental" means give all you want to eat for free. Meanwhile, dia-obesity is a major health problem in minority communities.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#983681 Sep 16, 2013
RealDave wrote:
You never told us why every Democrat in Washington hates ObamaKare.
And, you didn't tell us why the AFL-CIO should be exempted from ObamaKare.

And, what on Earth gives the president the authority to exempt anyone from the law? Does the president have the authority to write his own laws?

If every Democrats in Washington hates ObamaKare, why don't they repeal it?
Besara

Omaha, NE

#983682 Sep 16, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it. If we did not elect a black President it wouldn't have brought out all you racists.
Go away, child molester!!
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#983683 Sep 16, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
Yet another terror act on USA soil under Obama.
I thought the Teleprompter Stooge was going to fix everything?
Instead, the stooge now owns a legacy of failure.
I think that it's another case of "work place violence".
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#983684 Sep 16, 2013
RealDave wrote:
What if people can't afford to eat and pay their new affordable health care insurance.
Predicting 30-40% rise in monthly cost.
Now there is an affordable care everyone will enjoy-----
You are really, really, really dumb dave.
Which exchange have you signed up with dumb?
Just askin'

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#983685 Sep 16, 2013
The Clown is on TV blathering. He sure does like to use I, me, mine, and my a lot doesn't he?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#983686 Sep 16, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Should not be difficult to name the leader of the republican party?
Rush limpbaugh!

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#983687 Sep 16, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Wonder how fast the unfunded liability will grow? Think it will take 50 years to get to $100 trillion? Bet it won't take 20.
unfunded? really?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#983688 Sep 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is weak because he's on the wrong side. The world is against Al Qaeda. That's why the world gave Obama a vote of no confidence.
If Obama wasn't part of the Islamist terrorist network, the world would have more confidence in him.
Besides, the entire world knows Obama is just a puppet. Now, what country is going to follow a puppet?
lol!... as putin bows to him.

It's amazing how you right wing nuts support a foreign, commie president!
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#983689 Sep 16, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
You post ......
He is President of the USA
That suits America
That doesn't mean that he either acts like a man or that he takes responsibility for his actions.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#983690 Sep 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
What "rebels"? It's Al Qaeda in Syria, dumbass. 10 thousand of them. Now, what level of effort is required to field 10 thousand infantry? You really are completely ignorant on this, aren't you?
Now, why are we running an Al Qaeda terrorist training camp in Jordan? Who's idea is that?
And, what "conservatives" want us to arm Al Qaeda?
... names, dufus... names.
Our only ally in Syria is Al Qaeda.
How in hell did that happen?
lol! wow. sounds like the same claim cons were making about iraq.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#983691 Sep 16, 2013
Obama's just turned a news alert about the naval shootings into a self glorifying ad of himself. Which means it's really all about his bloated ego and not the people who just died. The worthless azz opportunist.

BTW, don't let him near your puppy if he looks hungry. ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 29 min HughBe 70,017
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 52 min Jonah1 50,600
Lou Holtz nails it! 1 hr GiveLouAShot 13
A General's Point of View. 1 hr Gen_Geo Parton 2
Are you sick of Topix polls or do you vote? 1 hr Interpoll 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Grau 68,642
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 2 hr Sam 95
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Learn to Read 179,283
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]