Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
903,041 - 903,060 of 1,081,633 Comments Last updated 21 min ago
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

NSA disguised itself as Google to spy, say reports

If a recently leaked document is any indication, the US National Security Agency -- or its UK counterpart -- appears to have put on a Google suit to gather intelligence.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-57602701-38...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Obama, in an ABC interview airing now, is blaming ATMs again for the bad job market.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
According to the Sentier research, households headed by single women, with and without children present, saw their incomes fall by roughly 7%. Those under age 25 experienced an income decline of 9.6%. Black heads of households saw their income tumble by 10.9%, while Hispanic heads-of-households' income fell 4.5%, slightly more than the national average. The incomes of workers with a high-school diploma or less fell by about 8%(-6.9% for those with less than a high-school diploma and -9.3% for those with only a high-school diploma).
To put that into dollar terms, in the four years between the time the Obama recovery began in June 2009 and June of this year, median black household income fell by just over $4,000, Hispanic households lost $2,000 and female-headed households lost $2,300.
The unemployment numbers show pretty much the same pattern. July's Bureau of Labor Statistics data (the most recent available) show a national unemployment rate of 7.4%. The highest jobless rates by far are for key components of the Obama voter bloc: blacks (12.6%), Hispanics (9.4%), those with less than a high-school diploma (11%) and teens (23.7%).
This is a stunning reversal of the progress for these groups during the expansions of the 1980s and 1990s, and even through the start of the 2008 recession. Census data reveal that from 1981-2008 the biggest income gains were for black women, 81%; followed by white women, 67%; followed by black men, 31%; and white males at 8%.
In other words, the gender and racial income gaps shrank by more than in any period in American history during the Reagan boom of the 1980s and the Clinton boom of the 1990s. Women and blacks continued to make economic progress during the mini-Bush expansion from 2002-07. "Income inequality" has been exacerbated during the Obama era.
actually, from everything I've read, real earnings of the middle class and poor have been shrinking since the 80's

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2011/02/i...

http://www.npr.org/2013/09/12/221425582/tired...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tag/us-income-i...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/15/inco...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/12/ineq...

http://www.reuters.com/subjects/income-inequa...

http://www.oregonlive.com/today/index.ssf/201...

The income gap between the richest 1 percent and the rest of America widened to a record last year.

The top 1 percent of U.S. earners collected 19.3 percent of household income in 2012, their largest share in Internal Revenue Service figures going back a century.

U.S. income inequality has been growing for almost three decades. But until last year, the top 1 percent's share of pre-tax income had not yet surpassed the 18.7 percent it reached in 1927, according to an analysis of IRS figures dating to 1913 by economists at the University of California, Berkeley, the Paris School of Economics and Oxford University.

One of them, Emmanuel Saez of the University of California, Berkeley, said the incomes of the richest Americans might have surged last year in part because they cashed in stock holdings to avoid higher capital gains taxes that took effect in January.

Last year, the incomes of the top 1 percent rose 19.6 percent compared with a 1 percent increase for the remaining 99 percent.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
actually, from everything I've read, real earnings of the middle class and poor have been shrinking since the 80's
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2011/02/i...
http://www.npr.org/2013/09/12/221425582/tired...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tag/us-income-i...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/15/inco...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/12/ineq...
http://www.reuters.com/subjects/income-inequa...
http://www.oregonlive.com/today/index.ssf/201...
The income gap between the richest 1 percent and the rest of America widened to a record last year.
The top 1 percent of U.S. earners collected 19.3 percent of household income in 2012, their largest share in Internal Revenue Service figures going back a century.
U.S. income inequality has been growing for almost three decades. But until last year, the top 1 percent's share of pre-tax income had not yet surpassed the 18.7 percent it reached in 1927, according to an analysis of IRS figures dating to 1913 by economists at the University of California, Berkeley, the Paris School of Economics and Oxford University.
One of them, Emmanuel Saez of the University of California, Berkeley, said the incomes of the richest Americans might have surged last year in part because they cashed in stock holdings to avoid higher capital gains taxes that took effect in January.
Last year, the incomes of the top 1 percent rose 19.6 percent compared with a 1 percent increase for the remaining 99 percent.
That isn't what he was talking about. God when are you libtards going to learn to read. Oh and I just love how you all change the question before you answer so as to put your spin on it.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Oh and I just love how you all change the question before you answer so as to put your spin on it.
Yep, a common tactic.

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> That isn't what he was talking about. God when are you libtards going to learn to read. Oh and I just love how you all change the question before you answer so as to put your spin on it.
1. my post was a reply to your post, so it should be "That isn't what "I" was talking about"

2. I was pointing out that since blacks and women are part of the middle class and poor, for their incomes to have been going up since the 80's and during the Bush administration doesn't make sense, as those two groups have seen their income and wealth go down.

here's part of your post
"This is a stunning reversal of the progress for these groups during the expansions of the 1980s and 1990s, and even through the start of the 2008 recession. Census data reveal that from 1981-2008 the biggest income gains were for black women, 81%; followed by white women, 67%; followed by black men, 31%; and white males at 8%.

In other words, the gender and racial income gaps shrank by more than in any period in American history during the Reagan boom of the 1980s and the Clinton boom of the 1990s. Women and blacks continued to make economic progress during the mini-Bush expansion from 2002-07. "Income inequality" has been exacerbated during the Obama era. "

Just provided evidence that your conclusion is false.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
This is a stunning reversal of the progress for these groups during the expansions of the 1980s and 1990s, and even through the start of the 2008 recession. Census data reveal that from 1981-2008 the biggest income gains were for black women, 81%; followed by white women, 67%; followed by black men, 31%; and white males at 8%.
This is a very interesting stat
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
1. my post was a reply to your post, so it should be "That isn't what "I" was talking about"
2. I was pointing out that since blacks and women are part of the middle class and poor, for their incomes to have been going up since the 80's and during the Bush administration doesn't make sense, as those two groups have seen their income and wealth go down.
here's part of your post
"This is a stunning reversal of the progress for these groups during the expansions of the 1980s and 1990s, and even through the start of the 2008 recession. Census data reveal that from 1981-2008 the biggest income gains were for black women, 81%; followed by white women, 67%; followed by black men, 31%; and white males at 8%.
In other words, the gender and racial income gaps shrank by more than in any period in American history during the Reagan boom of the 1980s and the Clinton boom of the 1990s. Women and blacks continued to make economic progress during the mini-Bush expansion from 2002-07. "Income inequality" has been exacerbated during the Obama era. "
Just provided evidence that your conclusion is false.
Why should he be demanded to prove his conclusion is false; that would be you job as opposition.

First paragraph

According to the Sentier research, households headed by single women, with and without children present, saw their incomes fall by roughly 7%. Those under age 25 experienced an income decline of 9.6%. Black heads of households saw their income tumble by 10.9%, while Hispanic heads-of-households' income fell 4.5%, slightly more than the national average. The incomes of workers with a high-school diploma or less fell by about 8%(-6.9% for those with less than a high-school diploma and -9.3% for those with only a high-school diploma).

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

mdbuilder wrote:
One small benefit from Obama's presidency - no one will ever have to wonder what kind of a president a black Democrat would make.
Concur...One small benefit but one giant leap for mankind of any color but democrat.
Obama's color is Islam. His race is irrelevant
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Folks, if you are changing the topic, the original poster has the right to challenge you for obfuscating the issue.

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should he be demanded to prove his conclusion is false; that would be you job as opposition.
First paragraph
geesh, you are a little slow on the uptake there. I never asked him to provide evidence that his conclusion was false.

I PROVIDED THE EVIDENCE, IN NUMEROUS LINKS ABOUT THE STATE OF INCOME AND WEALTH INEQUALITY IN THE U.S.

All those studies revealed that the income and wealth of the middle class and poor have decreased since 1980. Ergo, it would be pretty difficult for the income and wealth of blacks and women to have increased since the 80's and under George W Bush only to decline since President Obama took office.

Since: May 11

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you miss that blurb about places like Sea World, cutting staff/hours, due to Obirdcarelinerworthybillagecar e?
Posted September 11, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Sea World parks released a statement that was reported by the ORLANDO SENTINEL newspaper that confirms that their part time employee work force of about 18,000 will soon have their hours cut. Currently, their part time workers top off at 32 hours scheduled a week. The new cut off will be 28 hours in order to not comply with the offering of healthcare benefits which the Affordable Care Law, or Obamacare as it is known in the vernacular, requires as of this October 1st.
Its sad to see these theme park employees (of the parks' total 22k employees, 18K are part time or seasonal)get this treatment. I remember when I was younger and worked part time a 4 hour cut in hours really could sting...I can't imagine how badly it would be for an unskilled worker with two part time jobs and a couple of kids.
Catlett, J., "Part Time Sea World Employees". ThemeParkInsider. 9/11/2013.
Not toooo gooDuh there Duh A Vey, when rather LARGE employers start jumping the sinking ship.
OMG OMG OMG cut 4 hours a week. The cheapsass b*astard were already using PT help to avoid paying certain benefits.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary won't have to worry, she can blame the republican congress for saying NO to everything including events like Syria and at the same time expecting to say NO to Putin as well. In their world its all about the NO's , no progress, no growth, no taxes, no global warming, no brains.
Hillary will need to defend the failures of Obama, including Benghazi, if she runs...which she will not...

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
Folks, if you are changing the topic, the original poster has the right to challenge you for obfuscating the issue.
folks if you lack reading and comprehension skills, maybe you shouldn't be posting...it just confirms what everyone knows,

the subject was income gains of blacks and women since the 80's as compared to under President Obama.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
oh gfy
Joe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

We need a new president that will lessen our debt, so our citizens can have a better way of living for theirself and their familys and future generations.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Kill Crooked Jews wrote:
The Big Business lobby stepped up its game earlier this week when human resource officers from more than 100 large corporations sent a letter to House Leadership pushing for an immigration bill that would grant a blanket amnesty and provide dramatic increases in the number of work permits given to new foreign workers each year. It coincided with a "Day of Action" organized by FWD.us - the organization co-founded by Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg.
A few of the companies that signed the letter included: General Electric, Disney, Marriott, Hilton, McDonalds, Wendy's, Coca-Cola, Cheesecake Factory, Cisco, and Verizon.
Last week's monthly unemployment report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics depicted a declining situation for American workers. More than half a million working-aged Americans left the labor force, raising the total number to more than 90 million. Plus, a slightly better report from July was revised to show that only 104,000 new jobs were created that month compared to the 162,000 jobs first thought. In June, BLS reported that 195,000 jobs had been created, but last week's report revised the number down to 172,000.
not to mention that those hit hardest by job competition from illegal aliens are blacks, who nevertheless vote like sheep for those who keep them in poverty...

Since: May 11

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> No I'm not saying that. Learn to read. The economy would be this bad or better if Obama had done absolutely NOTHING! Once all the deadwood was cut the job market stabilized. It would have done so if Mickey Mouse was elected. Obama had nothing to do with it except cause the layoffs in the first place. Obama hasn't done jack squat but screw the economy up even worse.
"The economy would be this bad or better if Obama had done absolutely NOTHING!"

Prove it dumbass. Prove we would be we we are today in the same amount of time.

I knew that when Obama took office & when the economy improved you f*cking morons would scream how it would have improved any how. This is how PATHETIC you people are.

Obama & hos stimulus took us from looking nearly 800,000 jobs a month to zero is less than a year.

And then this whopper: Flack said: "Obama had nothing to do with it except cause the layoffs in the first place."

This GD idiot is blaming Obama for the Bush recession saying he caused all the layoffs.

The only people that have done squat are your heroes the Republicans who blocked nearly every effort to get our economy growing faster.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what Flack is saying that Bush really lost 900,000 jobs in January of 2009.
Thanks for pointing that out.
Flack, when the f*ck will you fricken morons learn that "better" is not the same as great.
Obama has made the economy better. No one said it was where it needed to be.
Obama has no economic plan except to place more people on welfare and more people in government jobs, a plan similar to the Detroit plan.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
geesh, you are a little slow on the uptake there. I never asked him to provide evidence that his conclusion was false.
I PROVIDED THE EVIDENCE, IN NUMEROUS LINKS ABOUT THE STATE OF INCOME AND WEALTH INEQUALITY IN THE U.S.
All those studies revealed that the income and wealth of the middle class and poor have decreased since 1980. Ergo, it would be pretty difficult for the income and wealth of blacks and women to have increased since the 80's and under George W Bush only to decline since President Obama took office.
Yes, you did ask him to prove his conclusion false-re-read your post.

The income of blacks and women were showing gains some 18% in the recent two decades but has stopped and reversed itself during the Obama admin are backed by census data.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 1 hr TW_sugar_daddio 17
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr LRS 174,860
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,391
Word (Dec '08) 4 hr andet1987 4,585
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr andet1987 4,561
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 hr truth 48,928
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 8 hr TRD 68,037
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 3:19AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••