Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
902,941 - 902,960 of 1,080,393 Comments Last updated 2 min ago

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try at smoke and mirrors.
You were the one claiming the Muslim Brotherhood and the Church of the Christ was the same than failed to provide any evidence that the latter engaged in any terrorist activity.
I never made any claims about the Church of Christ!!!!

Dude, cut down on the drugs, you're reading things that aren't there
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Still waiting for your dow's son.
Unless you made a stupid statement.
LOL Wrong poster

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's numbers shows the recovery since June 2009 has been dismal.
We were losing 800,000 jobs a month when Bush 43 left office in 2009 and Obama was inaugurated. Since then, we've enjoyed over 48 consecutive months of job creation and still counting averaging 150,000 new jobs a month.(Just for starters)
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
The Gulf of Tonkin was a false flag operation, while the Iraq use of force resolution was based on lies and doctored intelligence. Ironic that you would pick those two.
Your opinions about the war does not change the fact that there was war declarations.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you wish I was using drugs so I would forget your dumb analogy where you stated the Muslim Brotherhood was like the Church of Christ.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah is being LAME
His illogical stance is without providing to the idiot every War Declaration for every war started by the Dems since WW I then there was no war or something.
lol! Not every war son....

... just the ones you listed.

I call you a liar and you let it pass.

But that's fine. At least we know where you stand.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinions about the war does not change the fact that there was war declarations.
?????????? How odd you can't provide them then but only claim of their existence.

Seems Obama's BC carries a lot more weight than reich winger words.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Had to re-post Yeah's very good post on Muslim Brotherhood as it fits into the current discussion

"UAE leads Gulf front against Egypt's Islamists
Email this Story
Sep 14, 2:18 AM (ET)
By BRIAN MURPHY
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP)- More than six months ago, Dr. Mahmoud al-Jaidah was asked to step out of line as he transited through Dubai en route home to Qatar. He has been held ever since, allowed to visit his family once a month after a blindfolded trip from an undisclosed detention facility.
UAE authorities have given no public statements on the case. But the family of the 52-year-old doctor has no doubt why he was detained: He has been caught up in the escalating pressures across the Western-backed Gulf states against the now-battered Muslim Brotherhood and its perceived Islamist allies.
The crackdowns in the Gulf began more than a year before the Muslim Brotherhood's political collapse in Egypt this July, but now they take on wider regional implications, meshing with the campaign of arrests by Cairo's new military-protected leadership against the Brotherhood.
The Egyptian military's ouster of President Mohammed Morsi on July 3 further emboldened the UAE and other Gulf states to step up arrests of suspected Brotherhood supporters, whom they see as a threat to the Gulf's tightly run fraternity of monarchs, sheiks and emirs.
And in turn, several Gulf countries have stepped up as critical sources of cash for Egypt's new military-backed leadership as it cracks down on Morsi's Brotherhood. The UAE, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait have promised Cairo $12 billion in aid. Several thousand Brotherhood members and other Islamists have been arrested in Egypt since Morsi's fall.
"The Gulf states and Egypt are now bonded together in the belief of the Muslim Brotherhood as their common enemy," said Christopher Davidson, an expert in Gulf affairs at Britain's Durham University. "This is a powerful alliance."
The Gulf's rulers have long considered the Brotherhood as a danger. In Saudi Arabia, for example, the Brotherhood's version of political Islam is seen as a challenge to the country's monarchy backed by the strict Wahhabi interpretation of Islam. The group is also seen as part of the wave of Arab Spring upheavals, which so far Gulf rulers have ridden out, though not without clampdowns on social media and other tools of budding political opposition.
Now, Gulf officials have become fearful of anything that could serve as potential footholds for the Brotherhood. In rhetoric at least, the group has begun to replace Iran as the most worrisome threat in the eye of many officials. The exception is Qatar, which has cultivated the Brotherhood regionwide and strongly backed Morsi.....

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you happy that Assad will not have to face War Crime chargers?
There is that knee-jerk reaction before thinking it through in action.
why should we care, we are not the police of the world. There are plenty of foreign dictators over the history of the U.S. that have not have to answer for their crimes. Many of those dictators we put in power.

SO WHY ALL THE FRIGGIN CONCERN NOW?????

What about all the brutal dictators President Bush let escape war crime charges???

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you wish I was using drugs so I would forget your dumb analogy where you stated the Muslim Brotherhood was like the Church of Christ.
show me exactly where I made that statement......its just another figment of your imagination or drug induced

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
actually, I never made a comment about them being war declarations. However, I do believe that they were authorizations for the use of force and not declarations of war. they were specifically not declarations of war

The Gulf of Tonkin Resolution (officially, the Southeast Asia Resolution, Public Law 88-408) was a joint resolution that the United States Congress passed on August 7, 1964, in response to the Gulf of Tonkin Incident.

It is of historical significance because it gave U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson authorization, without a formal declaration of war by Congress, for the use of "conventional'' military force in Southeast Asia. Specifically, the resolution authorized the President to do whatever necessary in order to assist "any member or protocol state of the Southeast Asia Collective Defense Treaty". This included involving armed forces.

It was opposed in the Senate only by Senators Wayne Morse (D-OR) and Ernest Gruening (D-AK). Senator Gruening objected to "sending our American boys into combat in a war in which we have no business, which is not our war, into which we have been misguidedly drawn, which is steadily being escalated".(Tonkin Gulf debate 1964) The Johnson administration subsequently relied upon the resolution to begin its rapid escalation of U.S. military involvement in South Vietnam and open warfare between North Vietnam and the United States.

There is a difference between a DECLARATION OF WAR AND a Resolution of the use of force.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you happy that Assad will not have to face War Crime chargers?
There is that knee-jerk reaction before thinking it through in action.
WTH are you talking about now son? Are you off your drugs again?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
Had to re-post Yeah's very good post on Muslim Brotherhood as it fits into the current discussion
"UAE leads Gulf front against Egypt's Islamists
Email this Story
Sep 14, 2:18 AM (ET)
By BRIAN MURPHY
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP)- More than six months ago, Dr. Mahmoud al-Jaidah was asked to step out of line as he transited through Dubai en route home to Qatar. He has been held ever since, allowed to visit his family once a month after a blindfolded trip from an undisclosed detention facility.
UAE authorities have given no public statements on the case. But the family of the 52-year-old doctor has no doubt why he was detained: He has been caught up in the escalating pressures across the Western-backed Gulf states against the now-battered Muslim Brotherhood and its perceived Islamist allies.
The crackdowns in the Gulf began more than a year before the Muslim Brotherhood's political collapse in Egypt this July, but now they take on wider regional implications, meshing with the campaign of arrests by Cairo's new military-protected leadership against the Brotherhood.
The Egyptian military's ouster of President Mohammed Morsi on July 3 further emboldened the UAE and other Gulf states to step up arrests of suspected Brotherhood supporters, whom they see as a threat to the Gulf's tightly run fraternity of monarchs, sheiks and emirs.
And in turn, several Gulf countries have stepped up as critical sources of cash for Egypt's new military-backed leadership as it cracks down on Morsi's Brotherhood. The UAE, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait have promised Cairo $12 billion in aid. Several thousand Brotherhood members and other Islamists have been arrested in Egypt since Morsi's fall.
"The Gulf states and Egypt are now bonded together in the belief of the Muslim Brotherhood as their common enemy," said Christopher Davidson, an expert in Gulf affairs at Britain's Durham University. "This is a powerful alliance."
The Gulf's rulers have long considered the Brotherhood as a danger. In Saudi Arabia, for example, the Brotherhood's version of political Islam is seen as a challenge to the country's monarchy backed by the strict Wahhabi interpretation of Islam. The group is also seen as part of the wave of Arab Spring upheavals, which so far Gulf rulers have ridden out, though not without clampdowns on social media and other tools of budding political opposition.
Now, Gulf officials have become fearful of anything that could serve as potential footholds for the Brotherhood. In rhetoric at least, the group has begun to replace Iran as the most worrisome threat in the eye of many officials. The exception is Qatar, which has cultivated the Brotherhood regionwide and strongly backed Morsi.....
Sure son! Post it as many times as you want!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
why should we care, we are not the police of the world. There are plenty of foreign dictators over the history of the U.S. that have not have to answer for their crimes. Many of those dictators we put in power.
What about all the brutal dictators President Bush let escape war crime charges???
lol!

Because they're not running the show!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
show me exactly where I made that statement......its just another figment of your imagination or drug induced
What is drug induced is denying a post I, Galt and several other posters commented on.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
actually, I never made a comment about them being war declarations. However, I do believe that they were authorizations for the use of force and not declarations of war. they were specifically not declarations of war
The Gulf of Tonkin Resolution (officially, the Southeast Asia Resolution, Public Law 88-408) was a joint resolution that the United States Congress passed on August 7, 1964, in response to the Gulf of Tonkin Incident.
It is of historical significance because it gave U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson authorization, without a formal declaration of war by Congress, for the use of "conventional'' military force in Southeast Asia. Specifically, the resolution authorized the President to do whatever necessary in order to assist "any member or protocol state of the Southeast Asia Collective Defense Treaty". This included involving armed forces.
It was opposed in the Senate only by Senators Wayne Morse (D-OR) and Ernest Gruening (D-AK). Senator Gruening objected to "sending our American boys into combat in a war in which we have no business, which is not our war, into which we have been misguidedly drawn, which is steadily being escalated".(Tonkin Gulf debate 1964) The Johnson administration subsequently relied upon the resolution to begin its rapid escalation of U.S. military involvement in South Vietnam and open warfare between North Vietnam and the United States.
There is a difference between a DECLARATION OF WAR AND a Resolution of the use of force.
Oooooo!!!! Now why do you have to go and get legal and all????
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us the logic that claims a use of military force is different from war?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
You just went against what Obama said trying to defend him.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
That fkn mutt somehow believes that "fundamentalist" Muslims are somehow different than "fundamentalist" Christians.

LMAO

Like that end times illiterate who posts that Revelations nonsense here__they shouldn't allow Church of Christ members to own weapons of any kind or get within 500 feet of children.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
What is drug induced is denying a post I, Galt and several other posters commented on.
You are correct it was Realtime who made the idiotic comment.

My apologies.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

38 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 min JOEL 68,379
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min LRS 174,663
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 33 min andet1987 465
No people will be punchlines in 'Racist Jokes 101' 1 hr FOOK U2 Azz Holes 6
McCarthy: 'Very good leads' in investigation in... 1 hr McCarthy B An Azz Hole 2
Good Ol' Harry............A True GEM. 1 hr Did he killmost at 1 Time 4
Interview with retired border patrol agent. Tru... 1 hr Very concerned citizen 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr Sublime1 97,539
Abby 7-24 Thu Pippa 42
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search