Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#983230 Sep 15, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't point fingers when you were the one to change the topic and failing to notice this.
The discussion was documented gains that blacks and women were making in income prior to Obama.
Your attempt to obfuscate this and claim the figures wrong by using income inequality data is mixing apple and oranges.
Ergos isn't a magic word that overcomes this mixing of stats.
lol! Still waiting for your declaration of wars son.

Still waiting......

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#983231 Sep 15, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
folks if you lack reading and comprehension skills, maybe you shouldn't be posting...it just confirms what everyone knows,
the subject was income gains of blacks and women since the 80's as compared to under President Obama.
Yes and what you fail to understand is they lost ground under Obama because you can't read. Nobody was talking about the wealthy(changing the question).
Whatever

Gering, NE

#983232 Sep 15, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Blaming Obama yet again for the effects of the Bush recession.
And ATMs is destroying the economy.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#983233 Sep 15, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Yes. I can think of one screen name in particular that several people post under. Sometimes they don't get their lies straight which makes them scramble with more lies in an attempt to explain themselves. It's laughable.
lol! You know? I've need seen people work so hard to perpetuate their lies while claiming the party they're against is a poor example for the nation!

I'm sure they believe the ends justify the means.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#983234 Sep 15, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! And yet, you have no declaration of wars you claim exist.
Son, you clearly aren't making any sense.
You're only trying to escape!
You are the only confused about who was in office during those wars.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#983235 Sep 15, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish I was kidding but...
Obama again is complaining about technology taking away jobs such as bank tellers.
I wish you would support your claims instead of just making them.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#983236 Sep 15, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't point fingers when you were the one to change the topic and failing to notice this.
The discussion was documented gains that blacks and women were making in income prior to Obama.
Your attempt to obfuscate this and claim the figures wrong by using income inequality data is mixing apple and oranges.
Ergos isn't a magic word that overcomes this mixing of stats.
dude, I don't dispute the fact that since the recession started in 2007, the income of middle class and poor Americans has gone down, my point was why just look at the last four years or so

The income of middle class and poor Americans has been steadily declining since 1980

those links showed both income and wealth, which are interconnected
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#983237 Sep 15, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Yes and what you fail to understand is they lost ground under Obama because you can't read. Nobody was talking about the wealthy(changing the question).
So.... what part of Obama's plan does your census say caused this mess by him?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#983239 Sep 15, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish I was kidding but...
Obama again is complaining about technology taking away jobs such as bank tellers.
I got news for him. It's only just getting started.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#983240 Sep 15, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> No I'm not saying that. Learn to read. The economy would be this bad or better if Obama had done absolutely NOTHING! Once all the deadwood was cut the job market stabilized. It would have done so if Mickey Mouse was elected. Obama had nothing to do with it except cause the layoffs in the first place. Obama hasn't done jack squat but screw the economy up even worse.
How could you possibly 'know' this?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#983241 Sep 15, 2013
Time to go watch some football/racing. I shall respond when I return.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#983242 Sep 15, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us the logic that claims a use of military force is different from war?
"There is a difference between a limited punishment of Syria for breaking an international taboo on the use of chemical weapons and becoming involved in a civil war." The foreign policy risk behind the Arab revolutions http://wapo.st/17sysWe via @washingtonpost
Whatever

Gering, NE

#983243 Sep 15, 2013
Okay folks here is what appears to be Obama's official line of excuse making

1)1) Rs call for strikes
2) Rs then oppose Obama's proposed strikes
3) Rs now oppose UN deal over its lack of force threat

1) McCain and Graham doesn't count
2) Just like the majority of Americans
3) You asked for use of force then reversed stance and agreed to removing threat of force

Elmont, Long Island NY

#983244 Sep 15, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Yes and what you fail to understand is they lost ground under Obama because you can't read. Nobody was talking about the wealthy(changing the question).
they've been losing ground since 1980...you and your alter ego whatever, claimed was that their incomes had been going up in the 80's, 90's and under bush. I just provided links that provided evidence that statement was not accurate.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#983246 Sep 15, 2013
lol! Well, now that we know Stephen Moore is a political hack for the right wing nuts, it puts new light on the data he's interpreting!!!!!

"Stephen Moore
Editorial board member and senior economics writer, The Wall Street Journal.

Stephen Moore joined The Wall Street Journal as a member of the editorial board and senior economics writer on May 31, 2005. He splits his time between Washington and New York, focusing on economic issues, including budget, tax and monetary policy.

Stephen has been a frequent contributor to the Journal over the years, and is previously known as the founder and former president of the Club for Growth, which raises money for political candidates who favor free-market economic policies. He left that position in 2004. Just prior to coming to the Journal, Stephen was president of a new organization, the Free Enterprise Fund.

Over the years Stephen has served as a senior economist on the Congressional Joint Economic Committee, as a budget expert for the Heritage Foundation and as a senior economics fellow at the Cato Institute, where he published dozens of studies on federal and state tax and budget policy. He was a consultant to the National Economic Commission in l987, and research director for President Reagan's Commission on Privatization.

Stephen is the author of five books, most recently, "Bullish on Bush: How the Ownership Society Is Making America Richer." He graduated from the University of Illinois and holds a masters degree in economics from George Mason University."
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#983248 Sep 15, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
dude, I don't dispute the fact that since the recession started in 2007, the income of middle class and poor Americans has gone down, my point was why just look at the last four years or so
The income of middle class and poor Americans has been steadily declining since 1980
those links showed both income and wealth, which are interconnected
lol! Don't worry. The 'source' they're ascribing to is a political right wing hack. He's simply interpreting data others need to purchase.

In other words, they're just parroting a source.

Elmont, Long Island NY

#983250 Sep 15, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"Middle class" is a set of values, not an income level.
Make your arguments by referring to specific income levels.
Most people with middle class values are doing very well, or at least do not continually blame others for their problems.
Maybe for you it is, but for everyone else, it is related to income and wealth

"One plausible definition of "middle-class" is those households in the middle quintile of the income distribution, or between the 40th and 60th percentiles. Under this view, 0-20th percentile is lower class, 20th-40th is lower-middle class, 40th-60th is middle class, 60th-80th is upper middle class, and 80th to 99th is upper class. The lower classes make under $20,262, in this view, and the upper classes above $101,582, according to the latest Census data. How do the classes compare, then? Let's compare the five classes, as well as what we'll call the Romney/Obama upper class, defined as those making over $200,000 a year. Here's how much each group makes, on average:"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...

here's the result of googling middle class definition

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#983251 Sep 15, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>How could you possibly 'know' this?
Because it has done so under every president except two. FDR and Obama.

LATER!!!!

Elmont, Long Island NY

#983252 Sep 15, 2013
Whatever wrote:
Okay folks here is what appears to be Obama's official line of excuse making
1)1) Rs call for strikes
2) Rs then oppose Obama's proposed strikes
3) Rs now oppose UN deal over its lack of force threat
1) McCain and Graham doesn't count
2) Just like the majority of Americans
3) You asked for use of force then reversed stance and agreed to removing threat of force
I did notice in the long run, when it comes to disarming Assad of his WMD's seems to be on the road towards MISSION ACCOMPLISHED without invading the country, the loss of a single American serviceman, the use of military force or arming questionable rebels

hard to argue with results
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#983253 Sep 15, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the only confused about who was in office during those wars.
lol! Now, now son.

That's another lie of yours!

I haven't disputed that.

All I've asked for is the declaration of wars you claim exist. If you think about it (and clearly you haven't), just by proving that simple proof would make that claim of yours true.

So far, all you're proving is you want to duck, dodge, run and hide from your original point.

In other words, you lied! I'm simply trying to help you prove YOUR case son. I shouldn't have to but it seems you're having a lot of difficulty with yourself!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abby 1-25 6 min boundary painter 2
Amy 1-25-14 11 min boundary painter 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 50,186
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Learn to Read 184,288
Man Charged In Robbery, Fatal Shooting In South... 1 hr reality is a crutch 4
Abby 1.9.15 1 hr marilynn 8
Accumulating snow overspreading the area Sunday 1 hr reality is a crutch 1
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 18 hr Chooch 73
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News