Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Truman

Boise, ID

#983146 Sep 15, 2013
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
You couldn't have found a more biased source if you tried.
...but of course you have NOTHING to disprove a single line of the quotes and info he provided do you Scooter?
TYpe #2
When confronted with FACTs that counter their wishful thinking narrative Teabaggers attack the 'source' and retreat into denial.
Your just Textbook arent you?
Truman

Boise, ID

#983147 Sep 15, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Today,using the word work or the word earn is considered racist as are standards.testing, or credentials.
Lmao!What complete idiocy.
You Teabaggers have a real sick view of the world.
I think it says alot more about you then anybody else.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#983148 Sep 15, 2013
Bombings kill 35 in South and Central Iraq today as the head of Baghdad's provisional council escapes assassination.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#983149 Sep 15, 2013
John Galt wrote:
For those who think chemical weapons are the cruelest form of warfare, read below and learn what your tax dollars are paying for, courtesy of Barack Hussein Obama. There is nothing more to say.
http://lightbox.time.com/2013/09/12/witness-t...
The man was brought in to the square. His eyes were blindfolded. I began shooting pictures, one after the other. It was to be the fourth execution that day I would photograph. I was feeling awful; several times I had been on the verge of throwing up. But I kept it under control because as a journalist I knew I had to document this, as I had the three previous beheadings I had photographed that day, in three other locations outside Aleppo.
The crowd began cheering. Everyone was happy. I knew that if I tried to intervene I would be taken away, and that the executions would go ahead. I knew that I wouldnít be able to change what was happening and I might put myself in danger.
I saw a scene of utter cruelty: a human being treated in a way that no human being should ever be treated. But it seems to me that in two and a half years, the war has degraded peopleís humanity. On this day the people at the execution had no control over their feelings, their desires, their anger. It was impossible to stop them.
I donít know how old the victim was but he was young. He was forced to his knees. The rebels around him read out his crimes from a sheet of paper. They stood around him. The young man was on his knees on the ground, his hands tied. He seemed frozen.
Two rebels whispered something into his ear and the young man replied in an innocent and sad manner, but I couldnít understand what he said because I donít speak Arabic.
At the moment of execution the rebels grasped his throat. The young man put up a struggle. Three or four rebels pinned him down. The man tried to protect his throat with his hands, which were still tied together. He tried to resist but they were stronger than he was and they cut his throat. They raised his head into the air. People waved their guns and cheered. Everyone was happy that the execution had gone ahead.
That scene in Syria, that moment, was like a scene from the Middle Ages, the kind of thing you read about in history books. The war in Syria has reached the point where a person can be mercilessly killed in front of hundreds of peopleówho enjoy the spectacle.
As a human being I would never have wished to see what I saw. But as a journalist I have a camera and a responsibility. I have a responsibility to share what I saw that day. Thatís why I am making this statement and thatís why I took the photographs. I will close this chapter soon and try never to remember it.
Patrick Witty is the International Picture Editor at TIME.
Read more: http://lightbox.time.com/2013/09/12/witness-t...
Sure, and your evidence for your assertion that these people are being backed by the Obama administration is what?

You're an idiot Galt!
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#983150 Sep 15, 2013
Truman wrote:
<quoted text>Teabaggers are congenitally unable to accept responsibilty for ANYTHING EVER.
Not as long as there is someone else to blame no matter how implausible.
You cant help but be true to type can you scooter?
Hahahahahaha, I love it when the truth reduces a dem to sniveling idiot who has nothing left but childish insults!!!!!!!

By the way, what EXACTLY has Obama ever taken the blame for?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#983151 Sep 15, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> We were losing 800,000 jobs a month when Bush 43 left office in 2009 and Obama was inaugurated. Since then, we've enjoyed over 48 consecutive months of job creation and still counting averaging 150,000 new jobs a month.(Just for starters)
You need about another 100,000 to keep up with population growth. So lets see, 48 months times 100,000 is 4.8 million. Your short quite a few and yet the unemployment rate goes down? LMAO!!!
Truman

Boise, ID

#983152 Sep 15, 2013
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahahaha, I love it when the truth reduces a dem to sniveling idiot who has nothing left but childish insults!!!!!!!
By the way, what EXACTLY has Obama ever taken the blame for?
Pathetic.Too funny.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#983153 Sep 15, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You need about another 100,000 to keep up with population growth. So lets see, 48 months times 100,000 is 4.8 million. Your short quite a few and yet the unemployment rate goes down? LMAO!!!
Was Carol your math teacher?
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#983154 Sep 15, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, because dramatic increases in wages cause inflation and because DemoKKKrat politicians have no purpose in a world without poverty, misery, class envy, and racial division.
Now, get off my planet, you child-molesting pervert!
Really? When has increases in wages, ever caused inflation you lying sack of crap? Never! You're just another example of the Ayn Randian attitude of "I've got mine, screw you".
John Galt; the Cliff Clavin of topix.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#983155 Sep 15, 2013
Truman wrote:
<quoted text>Pathetic.Too funny.
Yes you are pathetic. Now, what was it that Obama has taken the blame for?

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#983162 Sep 15, 2013
Kneegrow Drug Addict wrote:
Why would anybody listen to a drug addict homo kneegrow pig like Obama who is totally controlled by Jews and should be executed ????? This kneegrow pig is no USA President .
Yet another right whiner racist f*ck.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#983163 Sep 15, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You need about another 100,000 to keep up with population growth. So lets see, 48 months times 100,000 is 4.8 million. Your short quite a few and yet the unemployment rate goes down? LMAO!!!
So, what Flack is saying that Bush really lost 900,000 jobs in January of 2009.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Flack, when the f*ck will you fricken morons learn that "better" is not the same as great.

Obama has made the economy better. No one said it was where it needed to be.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
yTubeNews

AOL

#983164 Sep 15, 2013

ANTICHRIST ...on world stage

TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#983168 Sep 15, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Flack, when the f*ck will you fricken morons learn that "better" is not the same as great.
Did you miss that blurb about places like Sea World, cutting staff/hours, due to Obirdcarelinerworthybillagecar e?

Posted September 11, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Sea World parks released a statement that was reported by the ORLANDO SENTINEL newspaper that confirms that their part time employee work force of about 18,000 will soon have their hours cut. Currently, their part time workers top off at 32 hours scheduled a week. The new cut off will be 28 hours in order to not comply with the offering of healthcare benefits which the Affordable Care Law, or Obamacare as it is known in the vernacular, requires as of this October 1st.

Its sad to see these theme park employees (of the parks' total 22k employees, 18K are part time or seasonal)get this treatment. I remember when I was younger and worked part time a 4 hour cut in hours really could sting...I can't imagine how badly it would be for an unskilled worker with two part time jobs and a couple of kids.

Catlett, J., "Part Time Sea World Employees". ThemeParkInsider. 9/11/2013.

Not toooo gooDuh there Duh A Vey, when rather LARGE employers start jumping the sinking ship.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#983170 Sep 15, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
No I'm not saying that. Learn to read. The economy would be this bad or better if Obama had done absolutely NOTHING! Once all the deadwood was cut the job market stabilized. It would have done so if Mickey Mouse was elected. Obama had nothing to do with it except cause the layoffs in the first place. Obama hasn't done jack squat but screw the economy up even worse.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

#983171 Sep 15, 2013
Another example from the are-you-fucking-kidding-me-the -Three-Stooges-are-running-our -government file:

The Democrats' version of government mandates movie theaters make changes to ensure the blind can watch movies.
No. This is not from the script for a new Mel Brooks movie. This is actually our government.
Naturally, more money will grow in trees to give to Hollywood to comply with this routinely ludicrous mandate from our government.

It is un-American to put such incompetent imbeciles in charge of our government.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#983172 Sep 15, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
y
STEPHEN MOORE

For better or worse, a truism of American politics is that voters vote their pocketbooks. Yet according to a new report on median household incomes by Sentier Research, in 2012 millions of American voters apparently cast ballots contrary to their economic self-interest.

Each month the consultants at Sentier analyze the numbers from the Census Bureau's Current Population Survey and estimate the trend in median annual household income adjusted for inflation. On Aug. 21, Sentier released "Household Income on the Fourth Anniversary of the Economic Recovery: June 2009 to June 2013." The finding that grabbed headlines was that real median household income "has fallen by 4.4 percent since the 'economic recovery' began in June 2009." In dollar terms, median household income fell to $52,098 from $54,478, a loss of $2,380.

What was largely overlooked, however, is that those who were most likely to vote for Barack Obama in 2012 were members of demographic groups most likely to have suffered the steepest income declines. Mr. Obama was re-elected with 51% of the vote. Five demographic groups were crucial to his victory: young voters, single women, those with only a high-school diploma or less, blacks and Hispanics. He cleaned up with 60% of the youth vote, 67% of single women, 93% of blacks, 71% of Hispanics, and 64% of those without a high-school diploma, according to exit polls.

According to the Sentier research, households headed by single women, with and without children present, saw their incomes fall by roughly 7%. Those under age 25 experienced an income decline of 9.6%. Black heads of households saw their income tumble by 10.9%, while Hispanic heads-of-households' income fell 4.5%, slightly more than the national average. The incomes of workers with a high-school diploma or less fell by about 8%(-6.9% for those with less than a high-school diploma and -9.3% for those with only a high-school diploma).
Whatever

Gering, NE

#983173 Sep 15, 2013
Pres Obama also says there are Syrian rebels associated with al-Qaeda who "would have no compunction using (CW's) in Syria" or elsewhere.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#983174 Sep 15, 2013
According to the Sentier research, households headed by single women, with and without children present, saw their incomes fall by roughly 7%. Those under age 25 experienced an income decline of 9.6%. Black heads of households saw their income tumble by 10.9%, while Hispanic heads-of-households' income fell 4.5%, slightly more than the national average. The incomes of workers with a high-school diploma or less fell by about 8%(-6.9% for those with less than a high-school diploma and -9.3% for those with only a high-school diploma).

To put that into dollar terms, in the four years between the time the Obama recovery began in June 2009 and June of this year, median black household income fell by just over $4,000, Hispanic households lost $2,000 and female-headed households lost $2,300.

The unemployment numbers show pretty much the same pattern. July's Bureau of Labor Statistics data (the most recent available) show a national unemployment rate of 7.4%. The highest jobless rates by far are for key components of the Obama voter bloc: blacks (12.6%), Hispanics (9.4%), those with less than a high-school diploma (11%) and teens (23.7%).

This is a stunning reversal of the progress for these groups during the expansions of the 1980s and 1990s, and even through the start of the 2008 recession. Census data reveal that from 1981-2008 the biggest income gains were for black women, 81%; followed by white women, 67%; followed by black men, 31%; and white males at 8%.

In other words, the gender and racial income gaps shrank by more than in any period in American history during the Reagan boom of the 1980s and the Clinton boom of the 1990s. Women and blacks continued to make economic progress during the mini-Bush expansion from 2002-07. "Income inequality" has been exacerbated during the Obama era.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#983175 Sep 15, 2013
You see worse. The ones suffering the most are the ones who voted for him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Guru 187,387
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min zion 52,880
Ask Amy 4-25-15 21 min Stina2 5
abby 4-26 37 min Blunt Advice 5
Ask Amy 4-27-15 48 min Stina2 6
Dear Abby 4-27-15 56 min Stina2 6
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr RACE 8,018
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]