Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#982853 Sep 14, 2013
Waxman wrote:
Wisconsin teachers union decertified in latest blow to labor under Walker law
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09/14/wi...
Many teachers belong to unions only because they have no choice.

Wisconsin has given teachers a choice.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#982854 Sep 14, 2013
Waxman wrote:
The AFL-CIO just passed a resolution blasting ObamaCare as “highly disruptive,” and the administration has been trying to convince the unions to lower the volume on their complaints about the law’s implementation.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09/13/tr...
The unions are still trying to get an exception from the law to allow their members to receive taxpayer subsidies.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#982855 Sep 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
spin this.
Bill Maher not only got a laugh out of Republican flip-flopping during President Barack Obama’s administration on Friday, but he shared a new word for it with his Real Time panelists.
Is Maher on TV?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#982856 Sep 14, 2013
Whatever wrote:
Why is Obama losing the world-
Obama is a destabilizing war monger in the Middle East. He has brought down both Egypt and Libya. The once stabilized governments is now over ran by the Muslim Brotherhood and their off branches.
Now he is targeting Syria-another stable government that has kept its PAC with Israel for decades- and is arming rebels/terrorist who thinks Syria needs punished for doing this.
I would like to think Obama is a bumbler but there appears to be a little more thought out than that as has time again Obama has sent our money and to support the Muslim Brotherhood et al.
really, President Obama brought down the Egyptian dictator Hosni Mubarak??

Just what exactly did he do? How did he oust Hosni? and here I thought it was the Egyptian Military.

And what exactly did President Obama do to oust Colonel Muammar Gaddafi? You know the terrorist dictator responsible for the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103, killing 270 people, 189 of whom were Americans.

I suppose you would rather see that terrorist still in power?

so what exactly did President Obama do?

so let me get this straight, I'm guessing you supported President Bush and the Iraq war. Part of the justification for that war was that Saddam used Chemical and biological weapons on his own people decades before we invaded Iraq.

Now you are against taking action against a brutal dictator who just recently used chemical nerve agents against his own people.

so as I understand it,
Taking out Saddam because he didn't have any WMD's but did decades in the past and used them on his own people OKAY
Aiding the rebels fighting a brutal dictator who had tons of WMD's and used them on his own people BAD

I wonder what the difference is.
Is there an obvious difference between President Bush and President Obsama?

Other than the obvious one that President Bush lied and doctored the intel on Iraq to get us into that fiasco.

Let me think, maybe a picture of the two side by side might reveal the difference?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#982857 Sep 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, didn't Obama make Putin back down?
In the eye's of the Obama voting Reichtards here, I guess, but the rest of the world knows Putin wiped the floor with Obama.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#982858 Sep 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Many teachers belong to unions only because they have no choice.
Wisconsin has given teachers a choice.
Win/win for the people.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#982859 Sep 14, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is knowingly arming terrorist which make you a terrorist cheerleader if you think this is okay. Who is the idiot?
Islamic fanatics with CW is your dreams for the world?
aren't those the rebels that McCain and Graham have advocated for us to provide arms and munitions for months?

In fact both McCain and Graham have complained that we weren't supplying them enough, and wanted to give them MANPAC SAMs

Speaking of being a terrorist cheer leader, didn't your god, Ron Reagan provide arms, munitions and training to Osama bin Laden? Guess that makes him a terrorist cheerleader.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#982860 Sep 14, 2013
flack wrote:
By Aaron Applegate
The Virginian-Pilot
© September 14, 2013
VIRGINIA BEACH
"It's like an engineered human stomach," explained J. Dano, a project manager for the Hampton Roads Sanitation District.
He was describing the region's largest waste-treatment plant, explaining the process known as anaerobic digestion.
As in a human stomach, it produces methane gas.
For years, HRSD has burned excess methane, or "flared it off," like an Olympic flame. While common, it's not an ideal solution, mainly because burning methane releases greenhouse gases into the atmosphere.
On Friday, HRSD officials unveiled a new, greener way to use methane at the Virginia Beach plant, tucked away between subdivisions and farm fields north of Sandbridge.
A series of cylindrical tanks and silver pipes remove corrosive elements and moisture from the gas, which in turn powers two large engines to make electricity.
The engines are expected to generate almost half the power used by the plant, and save HRSD about $650,000 a year, Dano said.
It's the largest operation of its kind in Virginia.
The $9.1 million project was partly funded by a $1.2 million state grant. Dano estimated that it will pay for itself over 20 years. HRSD rates will not change as a result of the project, he said.
HRSD was looking for a project that might qualify for federal stimulus money after the 2008 economic collapse, said Ted Henifin, HRSD's general manager. The idea was born.
Federal officials didn't select the project, but state environmental officials liked the idea and awarded it the grant.
Dano said the project shows there's more potential in treated waste than people might think.
"There's a lot of pure energy available in all that carbon if you can process it cost-effectively."
This is old technology and the reporting is typical of those who are clueless. Anaerobic digestion is used for the sludge produced by aerobic treatment of the wastewater. Anaerobic digesters must be heated, and the methane produced is barely sufficient to heat the digesters, let alone power the rest of the plant. Nothing wrong with this, but hardly rocket science.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#982861 Sep 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
spin this.
Bill Maher not only got a laugh out of Republican flip-flopping during President Barack Obama’s administration on Friday, but he shared a new word for it with his Real Time panelists.
“It should be in the dictionary:‘Black-track,’” Maher explained, defining it as,“The act of changing one’s mind because President Obama has agreed with you. See also:‘Pulling a one-hatey,’ or the ‘Kenyan boomerang.’”
That led Maher to ask the panel whether Republicans really are opposed to a U.S. attack against Syria, or is it just a case of “black-tracking,” which would be corrected the next time a white president is elected.
“The ‘black-tracking’ part I don’t know about,” former Republican National Committee chair Michael Steele answered.“But I do know that there is — appropriately and rightly — that libertarian voice that has always been in the background like this that [is] now beginning to assert itself.”
Steele pointed out that there were also Republicans who grew disillusioned with Obama’s predecessor, George W. bush, in 2006 and 2007.
“I remember Ron Paul at debates, saying the kinds of things that I’m hearing out of mainstream Republicans now, and getting booed off the stage,” Maher noted.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/09/13/maher-m...
"The act of changing one’s mind because President Obama has agreed with you."
kind of hard to pay attention to anything any of you have to say about foreign policy considering you were saying something different a month ago. we can start with: Saddam had chemical weapons so that was one of the reasons we needed to attack him! as one of many excuses the right tries to use to justify the worst hit we've ever taken as to how the world looks at us. at this point the only person accusing Obama of lying about Syria are a handful of right wing nutjobs, and not the rest of the world. Bush could only wish.
Baawwaaaahhh!!!

Let me break the news to you Reichtard. Nobody is shaking in their boots because of what you, or Bill Maher think.

As usual, the left distracts & blames others for their failures.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#982862 Sep 14, 2013
So much to do. So little time.

Hope my liberal pals won't miss me too much today. But I'll be back soon. Not to worry.

Hope everyone has a great day and some on the wrong side of the fence will have hopped over to the right side by the time I return.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#982863 Sep 14, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice work Mr. Secretary!
Lurch had no choice, but to do as he was told by Putin.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#982864 Sep 14, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Seems like a good thing. You know almost all colleges offer online classes now. You people have to get rid of your old ways of thinking. The past is gone and the future beckons. The world you know now is not the world of tomorrow. It is changing before your very eyes. But you do not see it. Think of the changes over the last 25 years. How much different will it be in 25 more.
Good to a point. However, online colleges for certain professions are not even close to acceptance by most employers or licensing boards. Nobody wants a doctor whose medical training is all online.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#982865 Sep 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Maher on TV?
HBO. His show is for small minded people who lack the ability to think for themselves. It's one of three shows the libard loons on here get their talking points.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#982866 Sep 14, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> HBO. His show is for small minded people who lack the ability to think for themselves. It's one of three shows the libard loons on here get their talking points.
Interesting how the welfare crowd can afford premium channels...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#982867 Sep 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
This is old technology and the reporting is typical of those who are clueless. Anaerobic digestion is used for the sludge produced by aerobic treatment of the wastewater. Anaerobic digesters must be heated, and the methane produced is barely sufficient to heat the digesters, let alone power the rest of the plant. Nothing wrong with this, but hardly rocket science.
I just posted it because I've been there. They also turn the solid waste into fertilizer. 500,000 plus people make a lot of waste.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#982868 Sep 14, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember when their beloved Mitt Romney referred to Putin as “a real threat to the stability and peace of the world” and said “I think he endangers the stability and peacefulness of the globe?”
Then he went on to poke a stick at China for their position on North Korea. Yet, reich wingnuts blame Obama for the animosity Russia and China feel toward the U.S. Geez! If Romney was president, we would already be involved in WWIII.
They just can't figure out what they want to be... so long as they counter Obama and support anyone outside the country who does.

It's about as clear a definition of being a traitor as can be found short of taking arms.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#982869 Sep 14, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
We are still back east so it is interesting to observe their posts without the three hour delay. Just when it seemed they were on here 24/7, they actually do take a few hours off to sleep.
lol! They used to take shifts!!!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#982870 Sep 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to a point. However, online colleges for certain professions are not even close to acceptance by most employers or licensing boards. Nobody wants a doctor whose medical training is all online.
That too will change. No offense but you are thinking in today's terms. Did you know surgeons are now doing operations around the world by internet and robotics? It is not common yet but it will be.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#982871 Sep 14, 2013
Putin set the Terms/Conditions and from the looks of it, Vladmir Putin got everything he wanted and the United States will have to wait until Obama's second term is almost half-over before airstrikes can be threatened again!! I guess Assad stays?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#982872 Sep 14, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
We are still back east so it is interesting to observe their posts without the three hour delay. Just when it seemed they were on here 24/7, they actually do take a few hours off to sleep.
lol! I was wondering why you were up so early!

Hope the trip is going well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 13 min Mandela 68,673
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 51 min Hey U 50,660
Amy 10-24 2 hr RACE 16
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr _Zoey_ 4,800
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr WelbyMD 179,478
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 6 hr Wolverine33 654
Rattlesnake Logic 9 hr i need a bump to 22
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]