Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1405168 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#983020 Sep 14, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
A drop in the proverbial bucket compared to radical Islam.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provisional_Iris...
Nearly 3,000 people were killed in the attacks of 2001 but more than 3,700 died and tens of thousands were injured in more than 30 years of violence in Northern Ireland.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#983022 Sep 14, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
????
I'm guessing you don't have a clue.
Were they all home schooled?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#983023 Sep 14, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
really, al Qaeda was not present in Iraq until after we took out Saddam. In fact by invading Iraq, Bush gave Osama bin Laden exactly what he wanted. A place to fight America in a war of attrition, similar to what he and the Mujahideen did to the Soviets in the 80's. He even said the way to beat the U.S. was to drive them into a huge economic debt, and that he preferred the war be fought in Iraq. Osama didn't like Saddam, he considered Saddam a boozing woman chasing infidel. He also didn't like the idea of Saddam keeping al Qaeda out of Iraq.
Bush out sourced the job of fighting al Qaeda in Afghanistan to a bunch of incompetent militias.
The only reason we ended up fighting al Qaeda in Iraq was because President Dumbo and his administration refused to use the Iraqi Army to secure the peace. Bush let his idiotic CIVILIAN administration who didn't know a thing about the Middle East or military operations run the show over the objections of his military commanders.
Dude, I've probably forgotten more about Middle East politics than you ever knew about.
Good grief-The US always had military in Afghanistan since two months after 9-11 until today.

Your lack of knowledge about the Iraq conflict is glaring besides it is BS as none of this proves Bush gave arms to al Qaeda like OBama is.

PS The MIddle East thinks Obama is a total failure at diplomacy so I fail to understand how you thought this was a talking point.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#983024 Sep 14, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
Ahem...
Racism Alert: Ann Coulter says Putin has made a monkey out of Obama
http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/make+a+mo...
Another example of left wing hysteria.
Send her to the Gulag, I'll buy the one way ticket.
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

#983025 Sep 14, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it was revealed that he didn't even right it himself?
For those of you from boca raton these words while sounding the same have different meanings--write vs right.
Wake up lilly
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#983026 Sep 14, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Christie is an exceptionally likeable (R) politician but in no way conservative enough for FOX-TEA and others.
Christie in the White House would be akin to reelecting DaBammy to a third term.
BTW__UCLA is putting an azz whoopin on the Cornhuskers and that's always a beautiful thing.
Christie is actually very conservative economically and willing to stand up to government unions.

The only strike against him is kissing Obama.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#983027 Sep 14, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
geesh, you are dense. I was just trying to point out the hypocrisy of Republicans and their supporters.
You try and make a case that President Obama is arming terrorists and we should never do that.
I was just pointing out a few of the terrorist organizations supported by past REPUBLICAN PRESIDENTS.
Tell me did you take a stance agains Reagan, Dumbya and Nixon when they were arming terrorists? Or are you only complaining when its done by a black democratic president.
I see you falsely put in someone who didn't do as you allege-stupid stunt.

What kind of illogical hell do you live in when you try to claim that everyone supported something that happened some 30 to 40 years ago and now do not have the right to object to arming terrorist.

That is dense
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#983028 Sep 14, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
LMAO thinking about what Putin would do to that little leftist scarecrow, wimpy-chimpy baruck........:-
Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, R-Calif., told Southern California Public Radio this week about the time he met Vladimir Putin during a visit from a Russian delegation in the early 1990s. The congressman invited Putin, who was then the deputy mayor of St. Petersburg, and two of his colleagues to spend the weekend with him. The rest is pretty brilliant history:
About 1990, or '91, communism has just fallen and it was no longer in existence, the Soviet Union, in fact now it's Russia, and a group of young political leaders came to my office and they wanted to meet me because I'd been Reagan's speech writer. Well, I talked to them and I asked them, "Well, I by the way, I'm spending the weekend here; any of you want to play some American football with me and my buddies?" Three of them said, "Yeah, sure,". So I come to find out later that was Putin; I didn't know who he was then. He was the deputy mayor of St. Petersburg, that's all we knew. But he did have a HUGE bodyguard, so that did sort of give a little hint that maybe he's more important than just St. Petersburg.
So we went out and we played touch football, and uh, Scooter Libby was one of the players and a bunch of my right-wing friends were there, and so we all went over to this pub afterwards, the Irish Times Pub afterwards. And we were having a little bit too much to drink, I guess, but anyway we all started arguing about who won the Cold War, etc. And so we decided to settle it like men do when they've had too much to drink in the pub.
So we got down to these arm-wrestling matches. And, uh, I ended up being paired off with Putin! And he's, uh, he's a little guy, but boy I'll tell ya, he put me down in a millisecond. He is tough. It's just BING you know, muscles are just unbelievable. And so then his bodyguard gets up and this buddy of mine says "Oh, I'll take him" and my friend put his bodyguard down.
It was good, so, at that moment, you know, he's a tough guy and he's supposed to be a tough guy, and that's what the Russian people want, but that's no reason that we shouldn't try to work with him.
lol! wolfie, white furred commie pup speaks!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#983029 Sep 14, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Amb. Stevens was told not to to Benghazi. There was also a large CIA operation on going in Benghazi....which Petraeus wanted to keep quite
Home> International
President Obama Authorizes Covert Help for Libyan Rebels
March 30, 2011
By JAKE TAPPER, JON KARL and RUSSELL GOLDMAN
Russell Goldman More from Russell »
VIDEO: Barack Obama and Libya
The President's Secret Plan for Libya
Next Video Target Libya: Rebels in Retreat
Auto Start: On | Off
President Obama has a signed a secret presidential finding authorizing covert operations to aid the effort in Libya where rebels are in full retreat despite air support from U.S. and allied forces, a source tells ABC News.
The presidential finding discusses a number of ways to help the opposition to Moammar Gadhafi, authorizing some assistance now and setting up a legal framework for more robust activities in the future.
The finding does not direct covert operatives to provide arms to the rebels immediately, although it does prepare for such a contingency and other contingencies should the president decide to go down that road in the future.
The White House press office issued a statement saying it does not comment on intelligence matters.
"I will reiterate what the President said yesterday – no decision has been made about providing arms to the opposition or to any group in Libya. We're not ruling it out or ruling it in," the statement said. "We're assessing and reviewing options for all types of assistance that we could provide to the Libyan people."
http://abcnews.go.com/International/president...
I also suggest you check your sources, those arm shipments came from Qatar, a free and independent country.
So what was the large CIA operation in Benghazi?

The rest is a tacit admission that Obama was arming the rebels, but didn't want to admit so.
LCNLin

United States

#983030 Sep 14, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
He'll have to reopen the Gulags in Siberia
Good late afternoon
LCNLin

United States

#983031 Sep 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney was the best choice of a weak lineup in 2012, but from today's perspective, either of Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, or Marco Rubio would have been better.
Christie was Galt's first choice. Maybe he can rehabilitate himself before 2016.
Amusing but a bit late for the Titanic
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#983032 Sep 14, 2013
Realtime wrote:
Ban Ki-Moon says Bashir Assad is a war criminal, brother Maher as well__thanks Putin.
Looks like when it's all said and done Vlad can invite Bashir and Maher to retire in Russia with his new bff Snowden.
Part of the Obama capitulation is that there will be no charges of war crimes against Assad.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#983033 Sep 14, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Hey... how are those declaration of wars coming son?
You are the one saying the dems engaged in illegal wars without War Declarations or the modern equivalent of voting for military action.

Your idiocy....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#983034 Sep 14, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Bush hasn't been in the White House for years. Obama needs to take personal responsibility for his failures. You can't blame the Obama economy on the retired guy sitting on his porch in Texas. The radical Obama agenda has been with us for six years now and our country has been degrading for six years.
i was referring to republican hypocrisy. want a taste?

'Clinton started the Bush War.'

'Democrats are responsible for the Bush economy.'

both of which have offshoots of various sorts.

'Barney Frank waved his fairy wand and got GOP Congress to capitulate to his every whim.'

'Never mind that Republicans voted for the Iraq War, it was the Democrats who voted for it who really wanted the War so it's their fault.'

and it's very funny watching you nutjobs going after Obama for doing the same stuff Bush did. you want to talk about degraded? the conservative image is on the ropes. remember what happened to flip-flop Mitt? or rather....Mitt who?

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#983035 Sep 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Christie is actually very conservative economically and willing to stand up to government unions.
The only strike against him is kissing Obama.
lol! Apparently, that's the only thing that matter to reich wingers!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#983036 Sep 14, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
????
I'm guessing you don't have a clue.
Nice try at smoke and mirrors.

You were the one claiming the Muslim Brotherhood and the Church of the Christ was the same than failed to provide any evidence that the latter engaged in any terrorist activity.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#983037 Sep 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Part of the Obama capitulation is that there will be no charges of war crimes against Assad.
lol! It curious to see cons proclaiming no military action and a peaceful settle as a 'loss.'

They must consider iraq a loss today and Afghanistan an increasing one!

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#983038 Sep 14, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Nearly 3,000 people were killed in the attacks of 2001 but more than 3,700 died and tens of thousands were injured in more than 30 years of violence in Northern Ireland.
A detailed study "Lost Lives", states the Provisional IRA was responsible for the deaths of 1,781 people up to 2004:

944 British Security members: 456 British military (including British Army, RAF, Royal Irish Regiment, Royal Navy, and Territorial Army)

273 Royal Ulster Constabulary (including RUC reserve), 182 Ulster Defence Regiment, 23 Northern Ireland Prison Service officers, five British police officers and five former British Army.

644 civilians.

163 Republican paramilitary members (including IRA members, most caused their own deaths when bombs they were transporting exploded prematurely).

28 loyalist paramilitary members.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#983039 Sep 14, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
Ahem...
Racism Alert: Ann Coulter says Putin has made a monkey out of Obama
http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/make+a+mo...
Another example of left wing hysteria.
"Ann Coulter says Putin has made a monkey out of Obama" Only a racist would think this is a racist statement, it is kind of like when people said we had to use the term clear ice instead of black ice,boycott instead of black balled,shiner instead of black eye,etc.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#983040 Sep 14, 2013
But practically as soon as it began, AIPAC's widely publicized push for the authorization vote in Congress drew criticism from the same country it aims to support -- Israel. "In case you were wondering, AIPAC is not Israel" blared the headline of an editorial Monday in the prominent Israeli newspaper Haaretz. AIPAC "is not authorized to express Israeli policy," the editorial said. "Israelis and Israeli decision-makers should give up any pretense of intervening" in American military decisions.

Shalom Yerushalmi, a senior political columnist at Maariv, another Israeli newspaper, was more critical, writing the same day as the Haaretz editorial that AIPAC is "harming Israeli interests," and that Israel should tell AIPAC to "stay out of this." And the Jerusalem Post warned that lobbying on Syria by U.S.-based groups with strong ties to Israel should "not be predicated in any way on whether the [military] action against Syria is 'good' or 'bad' for Israel."
But practically as soon as it began, AIPAC's widely publicized push for the authorization vote in Congress drew criticism from the same country it aims to support -- Israel. "In case you were wondering, AIPAC is not Israel" blared the headline of an editorial Monday in the prominent Israeli newspaper Haaretz. AIPAC "is not authorized to express Israeli policy," the editorial said. "Israelis and Israeli decision-makers should give up any pretense of intervening" in American military decisions.

Shalom Yerushalmi, a senior political columnist at Maariv, another Israeli newspaper, was more critical, writing the same day as the Haaretz editorial that AIPAC is "harming Israeli interests," and that Israel should tell AIPAC to "stay out of this." And the Jerusalem Post warned that lobbying on Syria by U.S.-based groups with strong ties to Israel should "not be predicated in any way on whether the [military] action against Syria is 'good' or 'bad' for Israel."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/14/aipa...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Dr Guru 219,644
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 17 min Go Blue Forever 103,135
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 56 min GEORGIA 1,806
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 58 min GEORGIA 2,862
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr GEORGIA 6,564
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr RACE 9,222
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 2 hr RACE 8,521

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages