Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 45,109)

Showing posts 902,161 - 902,180 of1,036,600
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Right-Wing Media's Love Affair With Putin Continues Over Syria Weapons Proposal

http://mediamatters.org/research/2013/09/09/r...

right wing media commies who will be hating on Reagan tomorrow.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
as long as republicans are in the whine mode
it is a victor for America
...as long as we avoid a needless war, it's a victory for America.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Now Dumbf*ckwaiter says that Obamacare created the Bush recession.
My God, man. Get a grip.
The CRA recession was created by the Democrats when it collapsed the economy after two years of oversight by Democrats.
Obama's "recovery" is putting 5 people into poverty for every one person it gives a living wage to.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
How old is he?
...you made the claim, so back it up.
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone (except low information voters) knew where O'bama was going to take the United States of America once he was elected--he is doing exactly what he (O'bama) planned to do. Does this come as a 'surprise' to you? certainly it is not a surprise to me. O'bama has done exactly what

I said

he would do five years ago. You may not know but I lived in Chicago at the time.
You seem a legend in your own mind?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

'Great American' Hannity And Buchanan Heart Vladimir Putin’s Syria Actions

http://www.newshounds.us/_great_american_hann...

more commies nostalgic for the return of the USSR.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Agreed! President Assad said last night that sarin is something anyone can make in their backyard!
Yes it is. So why was Obama willing to risk so much if that's true?

Assad also said there were other powers in that region besides his own government ready to retaliate.

So we're looking at a Russian/Iranian/Chinese superpower emerging. CNN implied such in the link I posted the other day.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
His government was & Assad knows it & is refusing to admit it.
I don't think Assad ordred the use of the chemical weapons.
His military did.
Plausible deniability. He said in the interview that he would not reveal if he possessed such weapons.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
His government was & Assad knows it & is refusing to admit it.
I don't think Assad ordred the use of the chemical weapons.
His military did.
Prove it.

Putin says Al Qaeda did it.
Obama says Assad did it.

Which of the above has a history of routinely lying to you?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Teat time! We need mommy's milk...
Don't take away poor people's healthcare....

$96 MILLION in improper payments...

"another example, an OIG evaluation of payments for facet joint injections (a pain management treatment) found that 63 percent of these services allowed by Medicare in 2006 did not meet program requirements, resulting in $96 million in improper payments..."

http://www.hhs.gov/asl/testify/2010/06/t20100...

how many routine visits to a PCM would $96 million pay for?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Flacktard evidently thinks that when I chose West Penn as my electricity provider that West Penn ran a line from the generating station to my house. Or maybe they route electricity they generate to my home sort of like how oil companies use he system of pipelines.
Dumbass Dave is financially supporting an evil coal-fired utility rather than paying the higher rate charged by "green" utilities.

Typical liberal hypocrite!

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
There is also abundant evidence that the rebels are war criminals, executing helpless prisoners.
Why should we fight for these subhuman creatures?
Not to mention entire villages of Christians.

Obama is one of the terrorists.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

As Syrian crisis turns, U.S. conservatives rally behind Putin

Coming on the heels of other conservatives celebrating Putin, the whole dynamic just seems to be increasingly creepy. When was the last time U.S. Republicans were so vocal about their affections for a former KGB official with an authoritarian streak?

http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/2013/09/10/...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

sonicfilter wrote:
Syria Debate Shows Some Senators Listen To Constituents, Just Not On Gun Control
In arguing against President Barack Obama's proposal to attack Syria over its use of chemical weapons, congressional lawmakers have cited poll after poll that shows the vast majority of their constituents oppose the United States' involvement in another Mideast conflict.
On his official Facebook page, Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) posted, "During my recent town halls, it was clear that my constituents had many questions and concerns about military intervention in &#8234;#&#8206;Syria &#8236;. This week my office has received numerous phone calls, emails, and letters about this issue, and 1.7% of those contacting my office support military intervention. An astounding 98.3% of my constituents that are reaching out to me do not want to see the U.S. military involved in the Syrian conflict."
Congressional leaders do not always feel themselves so strongly bound to their constituents' opinions or poll numbers.
In the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shooting, support among the general public for expanded background checks on gun owners was widespread, even in the deepest red states. In fact, few policies have been as popular in recent memory; even before Newtown, CNN reported 94 percent of Americans supported background checks.
Yet those poll numbers did not compel lawmakers to act.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/09/syri...
Nobody gives any credibility to your communist rag source. Even you don't believe what's written there.

“All Human Freedom began”

Since: May 10

Happy Pesach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Absolutely son!
When bushie boy wanted to invade iraq, Russia Germany and France said no.
But cons we're all hells-bells against them.
But by golly, they were right!
Within Russia’s ruling elite a certain consensus had developed that while it did not support the US in a war, it also did not approve of breaking with America in favour of an alliance with Europe. For example, Leonid Slutski, deputy chairperson of the Duma (parliament) Committee for International Affairs, declared,“If Russia moved toward an anti-American tripartite alliance with France and Germany... this tactically favourable step would lead to a strategic defeat.”

This passive-pragmatic position fully corresponds to the role of Russia in the world economy as a supplier of raw materials, dependent on the good will of its most important customers.

That was then during the GW Bush Administration.

This is now: Russia and President Putin put their feet firmly on the ground against O'bama. No one is afraid of O'bama-he wears mom pants after all and is incompetent. The world agrees.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, well, then let me refresh your memory.
We helped the Afghanis run off a Russian invasion back in the 1980s supplying them weapons that blew Russia's planes and helicopters out of the sky.
Don't think they'd forget something like that.
The economic collapse of the USSR's economy was because of increased military spending budget after Reagan labeled them an evil empire. The increased spending came at the expense of investment in the rest of the economy.
As one general in the KGB put it, Nikolai Leonov:
"First there was a visible decline in the rate of growth, then its complete stagnation. There was a drawnout, deepening and almost insurmountable crisis in agriculture."
Don't think they'd forget something like that either.
Are you good now?
I agree that no one wants a proxy war in Syria and hope for a peaceful solution; however, you're giving credit to Putin rather than to your own countries President; who, kept up the pressure that may result in this compromise. That is what I find deplorable in you, that you are anti American because of racism. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Russia is also happy about 43%.
You reveal yourself a bit :-)
Some day you will support the U S A?
What could possibly be the reason for a small strike in Syria that would leave Assad in power and his chemical weapons still intact?

Is that what you call supporting the USA? Or Obama saving face?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure about actual distance limitations, but step-up transformer tech has made it (long distance transmission) pretty effective...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_power_t...
Long-distance transmission of electricity (thousands of kilometers) is cheap and efficient, with costs of US$0.005–0.02/kWh (compared to annual averaged large producer costs of US$0.01–0.025/kWh, retail rates upwards of US$0.10/kWh, and multiples of retail for instantaneous suppliers at unpredicted highest demand moments).[7] Thus distant suppliers can be cheaper than local sources (e.g., New York City buys a lot[quantify] of electricity from Canada). Multiple local sources (even if more expensive and infrequently used) can make the transmission grid more fault tolerant to weather and other disasters that can disconnect distant suppliers.
A high-power electrical transmission towerLong-distance transmission allows remote renewable energy resources to be used to displace fossil fuel consumption. Hydro and wind sources cannot be moved closer to populous cities, and solar costs are lowest in remote areas where local power needs are minimal. Connection costs alone can determine whether any particular renewable alternative is economically sensible. Costs can be prohibitive for transmission lines, but various proposals for massive infrastructure investment in high capacity, very long distance super grid transmission networks could be recovered with modest usage fees.
Extremely high voltages are required to transmit power over long distances. The transmission lines to bring solar power from the Southwest to the rest of the country do not exist and are extremely difficult to permit.

“All Human Freedom began”

Since: May 10

Happy Pesach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

<quoted text>
Have you ever lived in Russia?
why would you care? last thing I need to be called is a commie Jew. LOL.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
This is really what Putin proposed, and will not be acceptable to Obama.
Not because it's not a good idea, but because it would make Obama look even weaker.
Heel, Barack! Good boy!
Putin just showing up makes Obama look weaker. Putin's not a fraud. That's the difference.

So what if Obama objects to Putin taking the chemical weapons out of Syria and putting them in Russia. The goal is to get them out of the hands of Assad, right? What's Obama going to do?
Obama gets what his mouth says he wants.
The only problem is, the Muslim Brotherhood and Al Qaeda don't want those chemical weapons taken out of Syria. They won't be able to get their hands on them if the chemical weapons are in Russia.
Obama is an ignorant buffoon playing chess with a master. The outcome is predictable.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 902,161 - 902,180 of1,036,600
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

92 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Amy 4-19 15 min boundary painter 15
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min litesong 43,149
word in common game (Aug '13) 21 min boundary painter 21
Abby 4-23 27 min Mister Tonka 25
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 31 min KiMare 47,170
Abby 4-22 31 min Mister Tonka 38
Amy 4-20 43 min boundary painter 6
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr ScarletandOlive 96,262
Amy 4-23 2 hr edogxxx 38
ask amy 4-22 4 hr Sublime1 69
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs