Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1480143 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Waxman

Windsor, CT

#982822 Sep 14, 2013
Jeebuss wrote:
Yep.
People don't care. They just wanted a black president. Period.
You're right, they have no one to blame but themselves when taxes skyrocket and the military becomes downsized, leaving us vulnerable to attacks.
They are actually happy that they have put this country in danger.
Yup.

Admiral: US submarine forces decline as China, Russia, Iran advance warfare capabilities

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09/13/ad...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#982823 Sep 14, 2013
Sorry about the double post.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#982824 Sep 14, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Bawaaahhh!!! You are a joke, airhead.
In a nutshell, nutjob, what we have now thanks to Obama is a Middle East where the USA was, after decades of Super Power status, relegated to now having to negotiate with the Russians.
Obama did not get support from the U.N., the allies, Congress, nor the American people. He demonstrated how inept & indecisive he is, and exposed the fraud cannot get consensus.
The Community Organizer is rated very low on foreign policy, the most important (traditionally) job for any president.
Obama's legacy will be the president that steered us towards weakness and a low standing in world opinion, and a lower standard of living for all Americans except the very wealthy.
Knock yourself out trying to spin.
spin this.

Bill Maher not only got a laugh out of Republican flip-flopping during President Barack Obama’s administration on Friday, but he shared a new word for it with his Real Time panelists.

“It should be in the dictionary:‘Black-track,’” Maher explained, defining it as,“The act of changing one’s mind because President Obama has agreed with you. See also:‘Pulling a one-hatey,’ or the ‘Kenyan boomerang.’”

That led Maher to ask the panel whether Republicans really are opposed to a U.S. attack against Syria, or is it just a case of “black-tracking,” which would be corrected the next time a white president is elected.

“The ‘black-tracking’ part I don’t know about,” former Republican National Committee chair Michael Steele answered.“But I do know that there is — appropriately and rightly — that libertarian voice that has always been in the background like this that [is] now beginning to assert itself.”

Steele pointed out that there were also Republicans who grew disillusioned with Obama’s predecessor, George W. bush, in 2006 and 2007.

“I remember Ron Paul at debates, saying the kinds of things that I’m hearing out of mainstream Republicans now, and getting booed off the stage,” Maher noted.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/09/13/maher-m...

"The act of changing one’s mind because President Obama has agreed with you."

kind of hard to pay attention to anything any of you have to say about foreign policy considering you were saying something different a month ago. we can start with: Saddam had chemical weapons so that was one of the reasons we needed to attack him! as one of many excuses the right tries to use to justify the worst hit we've ever taken as to how the world looks at us. at this point the only person accusing Obama of lying about Syria are a handful of right wing nutjobs, and not the rest of the world. Bush could only wish.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#982825 Sep 14, 2013
Who is this peace loving Gen. Salim Idriss that the US sent weapons to in Syria?

Translation by MEMRI of an interview this guy did with Al Jazeera--

"Israel is an enemy country" and that Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad and the Lebanese terrorist group Hizballah are "Israeli collaborators."

"As for us being Israeli collaborators--the only Israeli collaborator in the region is the criminal Bashar," said Idris. "The Israeli collaborators are the people who put on the show of the 2006 war--Hizballah and its leader Hassan Nasrallah. They diverted all their forces to the slaughtering of Syrians. Their scheme is totally clear. They used to hide behind the pretext of resistance and the fight against Israel, but now it has become clear that they are implementing a sectarian, Iranian, Safavid plan in the region."

http://www.memritv.org/clip_transcript/en/383...

And Obama is fully aware this and yet chooses to arm them and is willing to go to war to ensure their victory.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#982826 Sep 14, 2013
By Aaron Applegate
The Virginian-Pilot
© September 14, 2013

VIRGINIA BEACH

"It's like an engineered human stomach," explained J. Dano, a project manager for the Hampton Roads Sanitation District.

He was describing the region's largest waste-treatment plant, explaining the process known as anaerobic digestion.

As in a human stomach, it produces methane gas.

For years, HRSD has burned excess methane, or "flared it off," like an Olympic flame. While common, it's not an ideal solution, mainly because burning methane releases greenhouse gases into the atmosphere.

On Friday, HRSD officials unveiled a new, greener way to use methane at the Virginia Beach plant, tucked away between subdivisions and farm fields north of Sandbridge.

A series of cylindrical tanks and silver pipes remove corrosive elements and moisture from the gas, which in turn powers two large engines to make electricity.

The engines are expected to generate almost half the power used by the plant, and save HRSD about $650,000 a year, Dano said.

It's the largest operation of its kind in Virginia.

The $9.1 million project was partly funded by a $1.2 million state grant. Dano estimated that it will pay for itself over 20 years. HRSD rates will not change as a result of the project, he said.

HRSD was looking for a project that might qualify for federal stimulus money after the 2008 economic collapse, said Ted Henifin, HRSD's general manager. The idea was born.

Federal officials didn't select the project, but state environmental officials liked the idea and awarded it the grant.

Dano said the project shows there's more potential in treated waste than people might think.

"There's a lot of pure energy available in all that carbon if you can process it cost-effectively."
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#982827 Sep 14, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Don't worry technology will fix that. There will soon be no need for big burdensome buildings, the upkeep, and maintenance. One teacher will be able to teach many people all over a city, a state, or even the country. Get rid of the buses, their liability, and the drivers. Oh, and get rid of the Federal Department of Education.
Have you heard of Khan Academy?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#982828 Sep 14, 2013
Why is Obama losing the world-

Obama is a destabilizing war monger in the Middle East. He has brought down both Egypt and Libya. The once stabilized governments is now over ran by the Muslim Brotherhood and their off branches.

Now he is targeting Syria-another stable government that has kept its PAC with Israel for decades- and is arming rebels/terrorist who thinks Syria needs punished for doing this.

I would like to think Obama is a bumbler but there appears to be a little more thought out than that as has time again Obama has sent our money and to support the Muslim Brotherhood et al.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#982829 Sep 14, 2013
Good morning, leftist phags! Its a beautiful AZ day, with the sun shining down in glorious fashion!! Dont cry over all the beatings you received this week (Baruck/Putin, odumbocare defunding, senators recalled, etc etc). Do something positive, like killing yourself!!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#982830 Sep 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
spin this.
Bill Maher not only got a laugh out of Republican flip-flopping during President Barack Obama’s administration on Friday, but he shared a new word for it with his Real Time panelists.
“It should be in the dictionary:‘Black-track,’” Maher explained, defining it as,“The act of changing one’s mind because President Obama has agreed with you. See also:‘Pulling a one-hatey,’ or the ‘Kenyan boomerang.’”
That led Maher to ask the panel whether Republicans really are opposed to a U.S. attack against Syria, or is it just a case of “black-tracking,” which would be corrected the next time a white president is elected.
“The ‘black-tracking’ part I don’t know about,” former Republican National Committee chair Michael Steele answered.“But I do know that there is — appropriately and rightly — that libertarian voice that has always been in the background like this that [is] now beginning to assert itself.”
Steele pointed out that there were also Republicans who grew disillusioned with Obama’s predecessor, George W. bush, in 2006 and 2007.
“I remember Ron Paul at debates, saying the kinds of things that I’m hearing out of mainstream Republicans now, and getting booed off the stage,” Maher noted.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/09/13/maher-m...
"The act of changing one’s mind because President Obama has agreed with you."
kind of hard to pay attention to anything any of you have to say about foreign policy considering you were saying something different a month ago. we can start with: Saddam had chemical weapons so that was one of the reasons we needed to attack him! as one of many excuses the right tries to use to justify the worst hit we've ever taken as to how the world looks at us. at this point the only person accusing Obama of lying about Syria are a handful of right wing nutjobs, and not the rest of the world. Bush could only wish.
Obama is knowingly arming terrorist in Syria with OUR money. Obama has already destabilized Egypt and put in the Muslim Brotherhood which is a front for other terrorist groups.

And this is what the no-brainer Maher thinks is important.

Maher lack of grasp on reality and current events makes him the JOKE and so out of the main stream.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#982831 Sep 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov reached agreement Saturday on a framework for Syria to destroy all of its chemical weapons, and said they would seek a U.N. Security Council resolution that could authorize sanctions – short of military action – if Syrian President Bashar Assad's government fails to comply.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/14/us-r...
Nice work Mr. Secretary!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#982832 Sep 14, 2013
Should read-

*Maher lacks a grasp on reality and of current events which makes him the JOKE and so out of the main stream
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#982833 Sep 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
spin this.
Bill Maher not only got a laugh out of Republican flip-flopping during President Barack Obama’s administration on Friday, but he shared a new word for it with his Real Time panelists.
“It should be in the dictionary:‘Black-track,’” Maher explained, defining it as,“The act of changing one’s mind because President Obama has agreed with you. See also:‘Pulling a one-hatey,’ or the ‘Kenyan boomerang.’”
That led Maher to ask the panel whether Republicans really are opposed to a U.S. attack against Syria, or is it just a case of “black-tracking,” which would be corrected the next time a white president is elected.
“The ‘black-tracking’ part I don’t know about,” former Republican National Committee chair Michael Steele answered.“But I do know that there is — appropriately and rightly — that libertarian voice that has always been in the background like this that [is] now beginning to assert itself.”
Steele pointed out that there were also Republicans who grew disillusioned with Obama’s predecessor, George W. bush, in 2006 and 2007.
“I remember Ron Paul at debates, saying the kinds of things that I’m hearing out of mainstream Republicans now, and getting booed off the stage,” Maher noted.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/09/13/maher-m...
"The act of changing one’s mind because President Obama has agreed with you."
kind of hard to pay attention to anything any of you have to say about foreign policy considering you were saying something different a month ago. we can start with: Saddam had chemical weapons so that was one of the reasons we needed to attack him! as one of many excuses the right tries to use to justify the worst hit we've ever taken as to how the world looks at us. at this point the only person accusing Obama of lying about Syria are a handful of right wing nutjobs, and not the rest of the world. Bush could only wish.
Those are great! Black tracking! Haha!! He's so clever and pulling a one-hatey! We'll have to use those on here!
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#982834 Sep 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
spin this.
Bill Maher not only got a laugh out of Republican flip-flopping during President Barack Obama’s administration on Friday, but he shared a new word for it with his Real Time panelists.
“It should be in the dictionary:‘Black-track,’” Maher explained, defining it as,“The act of changing one’s mind because President Obama has agreed with you. See also:‘Pulling a one-hatey,’ or the ‘Kenyan boomerang.’”
That led Maher to ask the panel whether Republicans really are opposed to a U.S. attack against Syria, or is it just a case of “black-tracking,” which would be corrected the next time a white president is elected.
“The ‘black-tracking’ part I don’t know about,” former Republican National Committee chair Michael Steele answered.“But I do know that there is — appropriately and rightly — that libertarian voice that has always been in the background like this that [is] now beginning to assert itself.”
Steele pointed out that there were also Republicans who grew disillusioned with Obama’s predecessor, George W. bush, in 2006 and 2007.
“I remember Ron Paul at debates, saying the kinds of things that I’m hearing out of mainstream Republicans now, and getting booed off the stage,” Maher noted.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/09/13/maher-m...
"The act of changing one’s mind because President Obama has agreed with you."
kind of hard to pay attention to anything any of you have to say about foreign policy considering you were saying something different a month ago. we can start with: Saddam had chemical weapons so that was one of the reasons we needed to attack him! as one of many excuses the right tries to use to justify the worst hit we've ever taken as to how the world looks at us. at this point the only person accusing Obama of lying about Syria are a handful of right wing nutjobs, and not the rest of the world. Bush could only wish.
While maher is a phag that should be publicly horsewhipped, nobody is accusing baruk of lying. Its clear he was bitch-slapped, outmaneuvered, and embarrassed by V Putin.

No debate or spin there.....
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#982835 Sep 14, 2013
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
This is quite a racist comment. You are correct, there is a lot of racism in America, Just look at how many people voted for Obama, just because he is black, even tho he had no qualifications to be president. Two years later look at how many people voted for him again, just because he is black, even tho he accomplished nothing positive during his first term. Obama has, however, done more to further racism that any other modern-day president.
What a load. You're a racist "tho"
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#982836 Sep 14, 2013
Why is Russia now the peace maker in the Middle East?

Because they don't sale out their allies and they don't make idle threats.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#982837 Sep 14, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Have you told putin you love him today?
He's posting with his I Love Putin Tshirt on
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#982838 Sep 14, 2013
Retarded 17 year old chimp murders 71 year old mexican man on surveillance tape. Chimp will escape the death penalty due to age.........

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2013/09/13/arrest-m...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#982839 Sep 14, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you heard of Khan Academy?
No but I will look it up.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#982840 Sep 14, 2013
Whatever wrote:
Should read-
*Maher lacks a grasp on reality and of current events which makes him the JOKE and so out of the main stream
argo eff yerself you stupid moran
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#982841 Sep 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
and how did that turn out?
"The American people revealed great maturity by overwhelmingly rejecting a presidential candidate who had become identified with extremism, racism, and retrogression."
http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/...
After purging the Demo-lite Eastern establishment, Republicans won five of the next six Presidential elections, that's how it worked.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min District 1 234,069
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 23 min Interesting Times 62,898
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 44 min Ize Found 71,311
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 47 min SweLL GirL 10,072
John Lewis is NOT a hero, he's an idiot who got... 1 hr Needs New BASHING 9
Duck it and Duck you. 1 hr Quack Quack 1
Cong. John Lewis is a worthless black dem. hack... 4 hr NeedsANewHeadBashing 7

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages