Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 45,093)

Showing posts 901,841 - 901,860 of1,036,765
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
It was child's play for Putin to "outsmart" Obama and Kerry.
All he had to do was to sit back and let them run their mouths off.
Maybe if the key players in this administration were on the same page. Hillary, John Kerry, Susan Rice and the president are all saying different things.

Or maybe if someone were in charge. But no one has been in charge for some time.
Lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You confuse hating America with not trusting those presently in power or their competency to lead.
I would hate America if I believed they were the best we had to offer.
Republicans aren't perfect but can make tough decisions that are in the best interests of the country even if it costs them votes. Democrats are only concerned about appeasing their base and getting votes at all costs even if it's to the detriment of the country.
In the process, they're all over the place and don't know what they're doing. We're witnessing that right now.
Explain why the neocons like McCain and Graham went to meet the rebels And want to support them?
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Glenmora, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

President Obama walks into a local bank in Chicago to cash a check, surrounded by Secret Service agents. As he approaches the cashier he says, "Good morning Ma'am, could you please cash this check for me?"

Cashier: "It would be my pleasure sir. Could you please show me your ID?"

Obama: "Truthfully, I did not bring my ID with me as I didn't think there was any need to. I am President Barack Obama, the President of the United
States of AMERICA !!!!"

Cashier: "Yes sir, I know who you are, but with all the regulations and monitoring of the banks because of 9/11, impostors, forgers, money laundering, and bad mortgage underwriting not to mention requirements of the Dodd/Frank legislation, etc., I must insist on seeing ID."

Obama: "Just ask anyone here at the bank who I am and they will tell you. Everybody knows who I am."

Cashier: "I am sorry Mr. President but these are the bank rules and I must follow them."

Obama: "I am urging you, please, to cash this check. I need to buy a gift for Michelle for Valentine's Day"

Cashier: "Look Mr. President, here's what we can do. One day, Tiger Woods came into one of our bank branches without ID. To prove
he was Tiger Woods, he pulled out his putter and made a beautiful shot across the bank into a coffee cup. With that shot, we knew him to be
Tiger Woods and cashed his check. Another time, Andre Agassi came into the another branch without ID. He pulled out his tennis racquet, and made a fabulous shot where the tennis ball landed in a coffee cup. With that shot we cashed his check. So, Mr. President, what can you do to prove that it is you, and only you, as the President of the United States?"

Obama: "Honestly, my mind is a total blank. There is nothing that comes to my mind. I can't think of a single thing. I have absolutely no idea
what to do and I don't have a clue."

Cashier: "Would you like that in large or small bills, Mr. President"?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
See if you can listen to the entire interview. Assad did not say that, but, he did offer an explanation of what has been happening in Syria for 2 and 1/2 years that was enlightening. I maintain we should stay out, let him kill the Al Quaeda rebels. I think there is a brhnd the scenes negotiation going on.
Assad is a brutal man and a liar.

However, attacking a country in the middle of a civil war where the opposing side is mostly terrorist groups requires a multinational action to ensure the chemical weapons were secured. It was estimated this would take 75,000 boots on ground.

Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Explain why the neocons like McCain and Graham went to meet the rebels And want to support them?
Obama's actions would have supported the rebels.

Graham and McCain "Breaking Syria apart from Iran could be as important to containing a nuclear Iran as sanctions".

Couldn't agree more with a big BUT

Graham and McCain were being hosted by the same group Kerry referenced as being moderates.

Graham and McCain should have checked them out better. BUT it is unbelievable that the SoS was unaware of their ties.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if the key players in this administration were on the same page. Hillary, John Kerry, Susan Rice and the president are all saying different things.
Or maybe if someone were in charge. But no one has been in charge for some time.
Galt stated it the way it is.
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
See if you can listen to the entire interview. Assad did not say that, but, he did offer an explanation of what has been happening in Syria for 2 and 1/2 years that was enlightening. I maintain we should stay out, let him kill the Al Quaeda rebels. I think there is a brhnd the scenes negotiation going on.
Agree with this
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You confuse hating America with not trusting those presently in power or their competency to lead.
I would hate America if I believed they were the best we had to offer.
Republicans aren't perfect but can make tough decisions that are in the best interests of the country even if it costs them votes. Democrats are only concerned about appeasing their base and getting votes at all costs even if it's to the detriment of the country.
In the process, they're all over the place and don't know what they're doing. We're witnessing that right now.
Doubt if you understand what is taking place

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Obama was played.
However, the other option was just as unattractive. Risking weakening Assad to the point that his Army couldn't secure the CW from the al Qaeda.
Putin is a brutal man, no doubt. But he is also a focused man. Having faced his own challenges from unpredictable Jihadist, he probably didn't blink at them being gassed. But, he has an interest in ensuring the CW does not fall into a radical groups hands.
Putin's main interest in Syria is the U.S. not having any influence in the region.

This administration knew about the chemical weapons in Syria long before it got to this point.

Why did this president wait until the last minute to rally support?

“All Human Freedom began”

Since: May 10

Happy Pesach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Did any of you watch Charlie Rose interview of President Assad? And what was your impression.?
Definitely smarter than O'bama and much more articulate. I was impressed that he brought the Petro dollar topic up.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
What, are you really going against Obama?
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

steve richards wrote:
<quoted text>
you weren't there, you don't know squat, Doorknob.
And your were there supporting Syria?
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

steve richards wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying dumbass, Bush had a coalition of 30 countries. How many times have you been passed around the back rooms of congress?
No weapons of mass destruction

Happy Pesach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Saw clips of it. While Kerry is emphasizing an "unbelievably small strike", Assad is saying we will destroy you.
It's the pettiness on the part of this administration to keep repeating it would be a "limited" strike just to prove something when there are powerful forces ready to play hard ball.
That's the danger here that most people aren't willing to risk.
I did not hear Assad say 'we will destroy you'. I heard him say be prepared for anything. But that is War isn't it?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I don't know how old the father is; however in Florida, a person 65 or older who is a victim of aggravated assault, is a second degree misdemeanor with a minimum sentence of 3 years and $10,000 fine.
Age 65 is not "elderly" and besides, why should the age of the victim matter?

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
There is a large segment of Syrians who are fighting for their civil and human rights. It's the infiltration of al Qaeda members into certain factions that's unknown.

Videos and information that emerge about the "rebels" acting more like terrorists is why there are reservations among most.

Ironically, the same democrats - Pelosi and Kerry - who wanted to meet Assad and develop an international relationship just a few years ago are the ones ready to fire the tomahawks themselves at Syria under his regime.

Happy Pesach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I got the feeling that Charlie Rose is misinformed about the Mo Bro Hoodies also. Why would anyone care if Asad's father got rid of all of them? The United States should get rid of the Mo Bro Hood here also.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
They want to become DemoKKKrats.
Warning

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Stop the racism here, you white blowhards.

Happy Pesach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Assad is a brutal man and a liar.
However, attacking a country in the middle of a civil war where the opposing side is mostly terrorist groups requires a multinational action to ensure the chemical weapons were secured. It was estimated this would take 75,000 boots on ground.
So really who is more brutal?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 901,841 - 901,860 of1,036,765
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

34 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min dhimsbugs 167,725
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 47,180
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Welp 43,164
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 65,556
Babylon the Great 3 hr Dr_Jay 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr Sublime1 96,279
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr jackson 4,041
Amy 4-23 8 hr cheluzal 40
ask amy 4-22 14 hr Sublime1 69
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs