Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1418191 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

balls_4_Obama

United States

#982477 Sep 13, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop crying, granny.
You asked for it.
Scrub up...
You got balls to wash!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#982478 Sep 13, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The old troll Galt is just throwing poo on the wall.
There's some fighting between rebel factions in Syria with several dead just yesterday but there are too many groups to keep up with.
In Iraq, a Sunni mosque bombing killed 33 overnight North of Baghdad__weird that as it's been Shiite's that have been dying in droves. This could be a very nasty weekend in that area.
Wonder how they can tell who is who? It's not like they have uniforms or name tags; not that that would matter; they're all named Mohammed!!
Looks like a bunch of guys running around shooting at anything and everything, buildings, cars...total chaos. Cwazzeeee.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#982479 Sep 13, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, Lily, don't you know that we "guus" need to be "lead"? I swear this group of GOP (and you know what that stands for) have managed to devolve...doesn't that prove Darwin's theory?
We could make a mint selling I Love Vlad tshirts on here
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#982480 Sep 13, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
As for murder — which is tallied separately, by the FBI — rates have also dropped precipitously, in general, and for blacks specifically, in the past forty years.
In 1971, for instance, there were over 16,000 murders in the U.S., and 8,900 of the victims that year were black; this number grew to 21,505 murders in 1991, of which more than 10,700 victims were black.
By 2011, however, the total number of murders stood at 12,664, of which 6,332 of the victims were African American.
In other words, over a 40-year period, even as the overall population grew dramatically, there were around 3500 fewer murders in 2011 than in 1971, and almost 9000 fewer murders than in 1991! And by 2011 there were about 2500 fewer blacks being murdered every year than in 1971, and almost 4500 fewer blacks being killed annually than twenty years before in 1991.
From 1976-2005, the murder victimization rate for blacks fell 45 percent, from 37.1 murder victims for every 100,000 blacks to 20.6 murder victims for every 100,000 blacks (the rates for whites also fell 40 percent), and the offending rate for blacks fell 43 percent, from 46.6 murders committed for every 100,000 blacks in the population to only 26.5 murders committed per 100,000 blacks by 2005. As additional homicide data since then demonstrates, the numbers of murders committed by blacks, both numerically and in terms of their homicide offending rate, has continued to fall through 2010 (the latest year for which we have comprehensive offending data on homicides).
In other words, by every possible measure of criminal violence, and in terms of both victimization and victimizing, the black community — which the right typifies as a tangle of pathology — is doing better, not worse, than in the past. This means that conservatives are simply wrong when they suggest that black folks are increasingly given to lawbreaking. Any suggestion that the “real solution” to the problems facing blacks is to put the brakes on criminal wrongdoing is simplistic in the extreme: the trend lines are all positive in that regard, and yet, gaps in well-being between whites and blacks persist. Crime is not the culprit.
http://www.timwise.org/2013/08/deflecting-the...
Rather than looking at a lump together trends over decades that fail to address directly the black population, I suggest you use

"Blacks accounted for 49% of all homicide victims in 2005,
according to the FBI's UCR.
Black males accounted for
about 52%(or 6,800) of the nearly 13,000 male homicide
victims in 2005. Black females made up 35%(or 1,200) of
the nearly 3,500 female homicide victims. The number of
black males murdered increased between 2004 and 2005,
while the number of black females murdered remained the
same (figure 3). A higher percentage of black homicide vic-
tims (36%) than white victims (26%) were ages 13 to 24.
About half (51%) of black homicide victims were ages 17 to
29, compared to about 37% of white victims. "

Notice the ages of these victims, they are getting younger.

Also note the charts that shows the downward trend has stopped. Although the murder rates are lower if compared to 1970s still shows that this trend has slowed.

I don't think we should say the murder rates are OKAY because they are less than during a more violent time.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#982482 Sep 13, 2013
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#982484 Sep 13, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Eed still blaming Obama for the effects of the Bush recession.
No one is buying that anymore. The recovery or lack of it has been 5 years now.

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#982485 Sep 13, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
One more time you prove your inability to comprehend. My post pointed out that 46 democrats and two independents said in effect f*ck the constitution. They agreed with a UN resolution that was a direct contradiction of our constitution. You kind of azz holes.
Peace
KMA
PS: Sorry the topix censors did not like my choice of words. I had to edit a bit.
My point , dickwad, is that the resolution does nothing to your Constitutional rights.

The idea you think it does proves how uninformed you are.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/untreaty....

And this:

UN General Assembly Resolution A/C.1/64/L.38/Rev.1, Oct. 28:…Acknowledging also the right of States to regulate internal transfers of arms and national ownership, including through national constitutional protections on private ownership, exclusively within their territory…
balls_4_Obama

United States

#982486 Sep 13, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Back to homosexual eroticism.
Dem,
The only way for you to experience the 'afro-centric' culture...

Clean african balls!
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#982487 Sep 13, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
arrested with no evidence???
this so-called chief should learn to keep his mouth shut
Florida sunshine laws dummy. No one needs to press charges for an DV arrest__that's bullsht from your era.

Problem is that Shellie is on probation and doesn't need this sort of nonsense in her life. Her dad isn't on friendly terms with the local authorities either nor is her mama who is also likely on probation.

Speaking off big mouth police chiefs, I see where your Obama hating homeboy got his azz tossed earlier this month.

TSM

El Paso, TX

#982488 Sep 13, 2013
Oldies for Goodies!!
Then-Senator Obama said, "I can make a firm pledge. Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes." Middle Class taxes on the Rise!!
If we Pass the stimulus we will put Americans back to Work and my administration will create 5,00,000 new jobs a month didn’t happen hasn’t happen!! The stimulus was nothing but a Slush Fund to Pay Back Unions that supported Obama!! Historic Debt!!
Obamacare will reduce Health Cost and insure all Americans!! Health Cost on the Rise 30 million Americans will still be without Coverage!!
balls_4_Obama

United States

#982489 Sep 13, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonder how they can tell who is who? It's not like they have uniforms or name tags; not that that would matter; they're all named Mohammed!!
Looks like a bunch of guys running around shooting at anything and everything, buildings, cars...total chaos. Cwazzeeee.
How do you tell you black men apart? Measure their rods?
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#982490 Sep 13, 2013
I wonder if Putin has entered in today's calendar, "bitch-slap two white house pickaninnies"......??
balls_4_Obama

United States

#982491 Sep 13, 2013
<quoted text>
We could make a mint selling I Love Vlad tshirts on here
You and Leo would go broke selling peeks at your koochie!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#982492 Sep 13, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The old troll Galt is just throwing poo on the wall.
There's some fighting between rebel factions in Syria with several dead just yesterday but there are too many groups to keep up with.
In Iraq, a Sunni mosque bombing killed 33 overnight North of Baghdad__weird that as it's been Shiite's that have been dying in droves. This could be a very nasty weekend in that area.
No, it really is not when the groups are associated with KNOWN al-Qaeda groups and KNOWN terrorist.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#982493 Sep 13, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Rather than looking at a lump together trends over decades that fail to address directly the black population, I suggest you use
"Blacks accounted for 49% of all homicide victims in 2005,
according to the FBI's UCR.
Black males accounted for
about 52%(or 6,800) of the nearly 13,000 male homicide
victims in 2005. Black females made up 35%(or 1,200) of
the nearly 3,500 female homicide victims. The number of
black males murdered increased between 2004 and 2005,
while the number of black females murdered remained the
same (figure 3). A higher percentage of black homicide vic-
tims (36%) than white victims (26%) were ages 13 to 24.
About half (51%) of black homicide victims were ages 17 to
29, compared to about 37% of white victims. "
Notice the ages of these victims, they are getting younger.
Also note the charts that shows the downward trend has stopped. Although the murder rates are lower if compared to 1970s still shows that this trend has slowed.
I don't think we should say the murder rates are OKAY because they are less than during a more violent time.
Oh, you know: "monkey see, mokey do"......
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#982494 Sep 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Pretty much lily, that's how Arabs go to war.

"Mo" for short lol.
balls_4_Obama

United States

#982496 Sep 13, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Jungle Bunny??? Lord, you sound more like old Fred every day...have you talked about those two pickaninnies in the White House today?
After you ingest a hit of acid you,
1) want a ham and cheese sandwich.
2) run around naked sticking things in your koochie.
3) go inro your hood classroom and dance the hustle.
4) sleep it off.
5) practice ebonics with dem.
balls_4_Obama

United States

#982497 Sep 13, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Where ya been, nostrilfuckface?
Unlike you....
Its not where I been....
Its where I am going....

Tell us that one about how you make $80k in 6 months...
That's a knee slapper!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#982498 Sep 13, 2013
<quoted text>
fetch claims she's a redhead jew; think she's "atoning" today?
Concealer LOL

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#982499 Sep 13, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
I wonder if Putin has entered in today's calendar, "bitch-slap two white house pickaninnies"......??
LMAO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 11 min SweLL GirL 9,382
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr whatimeisit 3,034
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr silver surfer 222,412
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ize Found 70,941
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr Red_Forman 2,421
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr Red_Forman 1,468
Instagram upload from windows 10 PC? 5 hr jeskkaphilli618 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 hr PEllen 103,452

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages