Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#982001 Sep 12, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Checkmate... No Surprize I win... You lose sonicmoron...
Loser sonicmoron elected this ass clown obama...
t's the culture....
awwwww.... how cute. playing by yourself.

oh wait! perhaps it's playing with yourself!

Ooooooooo!!!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#982002 Sep 12, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
All you have to do is look at social democracies in Europe who eventually elected conservatives to fix the problems.
And how Obama is taking down the same path they turned away from.
And yet, no one can show one and follow it up.

Just words and opinions being mistaken for facts.

SNAFU.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#982003 Sep 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
If you leave out all of these-Arkansas recruiting office shooting, Fort Hood, Benghazi and Boston.
oh my goodness son! are they wars?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#982004 Sep 12, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>repeat please
obama has surrendered America's influence in the world to Putin...

Why is Obama supplying weapons to Al Qaeda?

It's the culture...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#982005 Sep 12, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>repeat please
There is a common link between all you Neanderthals and losers on the left. No common sense.

It's the culture...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#982006 Sep 12, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you didn't see this, it was linked before-the only people that are headless are the ones being killed by O'bama's rebels.
http://lightbox.time.com/2013/09/12/witness-t...
I'm sorry.

I thought to you idiots, bodies didn't prove a thing!

Did you swap positions as usual?

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#982007 Sep 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
If you leave out all of these-Arkansas recruiting office shooting, Fort Hood, Benghazi and Boston.
Mere bumps in the road...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#982008 Sep 12, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>obama has surrendered America's influence in the world to Putin...
Why is Obama supplying weapons to Al Qaeda?
It's the culture...
lol! poor cons. they hate having their messiah bow to Obama!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#982010 Sep 12, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you didn't see this, it was linked before-the only people that are headless are the ones being killed by O'bama's rebels.
http://lightbox.time.com/2013/09/12/witness-t...
...but decapitating helpless prisoners doesn't seem to bother the Kenyan...it's a cultural thing...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#982011 Sep 12, 2013
lol! Cons.... Obama doesn't have to outplay them.

They just trip all over themselves.

They're looking like Putin now!

I love this comedy channel! The laughs are always coming!

"GOP leaders confounded on stopgap spending bill
Email this Story

Sep 12, 8:17 PM (ET)

By ANDREW TAYLOR

WASHINGTON (AP)- GOP leaders eager to avoid blame for a possible government shutdown next month appear confounded by conservatives' passion for using fast-approaching deadlines to derail the implementation of President Barack Obama's health care law.

House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, conceded Thursday his plan was all but dead for quickly passing a temporary spending bill that also defunds Obamacare, make the Senate vote on each idea separately and then send only the portion for keeping the government open to the White House for the president's signature.

Meanwhile, new freelance effort by rank-and-file Republicans to condition keeping the government open or preventing a debt ceiling default on delaying Obamacare for a year hit a brick wall of opposition from Democrats vowing to never let the health care law be delayed or unraveled.

Nonetheless, some Republicans floated the idea of postponing all of the unimplemented portions of the new law for a year - including a requirement that virtually everyone buys health insurance and with new tax subsidies to help many people pay for it - in exchange for raising the government's borrowing cap and easing tens of billions of dollars in broad, automatic spending cuts.

"Let's give them something and then we get something in exchange," Rep. John Fleming, R-La., said. "We give the administration the debt ceiling increase they want. We give them maybe some sequestration dollars that they would like to have. And in exchange we delay Obamacare, which I think the president should want.... He's already delayed big chunks of it. It's not ready for implementation."..."

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#982012 Sep 12, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Time flies when you're having fun:)
Not everybody is convinced that Voyager has left the heliosphere yet.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/local-news/201...

I'm one of them.

Location hidden

#982013 Sep 12, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
We're finding out that eliminating diseases like this or polio or smallpox and malaria are more difficult than we realized. Travel is common, diseases easy to pick up when traveling to other countries.
As proven by the recent outbreak, the spread of these things can be truly amazing and scary. I think it's a good thing for your kids to get protected.
When I hear of people who reject modern vaccines, I picture primitive native groups somewhere who fear the shots are to sterilize them or poison them or steal their souls or something. I think some muslim groups do this, and some Christian groups do it.
In this world, there's too many things out there trying to kill you. If you can eliminate the threat of some of them, why not? Esp. those that have a true danger to long term health for children. The diseases that have haunted man forever.
Those disease have not been eliminated.
LCNLin

United States

#982014 Sep 12, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Presidents are only as strong as their Congress. And Democrats held all the strength for four years until 2010. But liberals elected them all. And that set the mood for the entire country.
It's not a matter of supporting and agreeing with the opposition once you're in power, it's knowing how to compromise.
That hasn't happened since 2009.
"Presidents are only as strong as their Congress."
LOL

Location hidden

#982015 Sep 12, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You've all the wit of a nit. Hence your title.
He has more intelligence in pinky nail than you have in your entire skull.
LCNLin

United States

#982016 Sep 12, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
...but decapitating helpless prisoners doesn't seem to bother the Kenyan...it's a cultural thing...
Drinking?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#982017 Sep 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget about all of the Trayvon thugs being emboldened by the Racist-In-Chief's racist remarks, too. Lots of deaths, shooting and beatings.

When nutsack says that he kept us safe for the past 5 years, "us" means those of his preferred race.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#982018 Sep 12, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The best way to flunk a job interview is to ask how much the job pays.
No kidding... and to put down how much you expect to get paid. Always the answer was:'your best offer'. You can't believe what these people fill in the blank with these days. They have no clue. And didn't their parents teach them what to wear to job interview. I am embarrassed for many of them. As far as they way they dress I must assume they are looking for a hooker job.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#982019 Sep 12, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Drinking?
No, just disgusted that Obama finances and arms barbarians.

Bozeman, MT

#982020 Sep 12, 2013
U.S. consulate in Herat, Afghanistan, attacked

CNN- A huge explosion rocked the area near the U.S. Consulate in the Afghanistan's Herat province early Friday during a heavy gunfight between militants and security forces, officials said.

Bozeman, MT

#982021 Sep 12, 2013
In the case you watch only left-leaning, main stream media sources, you may not have heard this.

Community in Turmoil after Teachers Support Convicted Child Molester

Rose City— This tiny farm town in northern Michigan has risen up against a school board member and six teachers.

Longtime friends no longer talk to them. They’ve been blasted by a judge, criticized by the local newspaper and mocked in public meetings.

Residents are trying to recall board member Mike Eagan, and the board is contemplating firing the teachers.

Their offense: supporting a friend convicted of having sex with an eighth-grade student. When middle school teacher Neal Erickson was sentenced last month, Eagan sat in court with Erickson’s family. The six teachers wrote letters of support to the judge.

The case has split the close-knit community, threatened the future of the school district and forced residents to re-examine long-held beliefs.

“This case has taken on a life of its own,” said Mike Juarez, a West Branch attorney who represented Erickson.

Residents say they will pull their children from the West Branch-Rose City Area School District if the teachers aren’t fired. But the board isn’t sure the letter-writing is grounds for dismissal.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130803/M ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Rogue Scholar 05 187,433
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 25 min Red_Forman 5,921
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr Red_Forman 5,207
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr Red_Forman 865
No one works in 1 of 5 families in the USA. 1 hr Entitlements 1
Cartel-like warnings hanging mannequins found o... (May '14) 1 hr Tina 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr OzRitz 52,900
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]