Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1263800 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#981709 Sep 12, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you looked into how the wealth is distributed across the populations in very well educated countries?
Have you looked at what your so-called "progressives" have done to our education system?
Wouldn't you conclude that, given your so-called "progressives" have destroyed our education system and replaced it with the most expensive education system in the world that generates the most ignorant workforce in the industrialized world, we are becoming less educated in general, and a natural effect of becoming less educated is the wealth will migrate increasingly to a smaller percentage of the population?
Want to have a more evenly distributed wealth? Fix the goddam education system you destroyed. Your only other option is to steal it from those who are still sufficiently educated to maintain a good paying career.
You created this mess. And, now that you're sufferring from what you caused, you want to steal to compensate what you're not worth today.
The only think that will happen with your plan is there will continually be less wealth to redistribute, until there is no wealth.
So easy for you to talk your shit since you work for an industry that has no regulations on the amount it can charge for its product. And that same product must be used by every American. Exxon made the largest profit of any company ever in world history by screwing America and there is nothing that can be done about it. There was a time in America before Reagan that a person could have a middle class life working for a company. Those days have pasted and those jobs are few. The Rich sent the middle class jobs to China to pay slave girls .30 cents an hour to produce their product. Now I know you think .30 cents an hour is fair but losing over 30,000 companies in the past 20 years has destroyed the nation.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#981710 Sep 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is now murdering Christians. You people get more pathetic every day.
That is exactly what the Syrian Christians said--it was a video shown by the BBC last night. So it must be true:)

Prevented this

#981711 Sep 12, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
If I posted on facebook today that I'm going to have a party Friday, there would be more than twenty one people show up.
The muslims had every national network news program promote their Million Muslim March every evening for over two weeks.
Twenty one muslims showed up for the Million Muslim March.
... twenty one.
I don't think I've ever seen anything like this before.
The streets of DC were placed off limits for everyone else so the Million Muslim March could have them to theirselves, and only twenty one muslims showed up.
... Washington DC closed all traffic to the mall so twenty one muslims could march.
That is a HUGE news story. Don't you wonder why all the news networks are pretending it didn't happen?
There were 3 times more police officers than there were moslems. Guess we have more terrorist moslems than most like to think...they didn't want to show their faces.
Anti-Semitic or Pro-GOYIM

Waynesboro, MS

#981712 Sep 12, 2013
Where's Michael Moore and the rest of the "Anti-War" commies?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#981713 Sep 12, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
You really should stick to your copy & past propaganda job, moran, and stop embarrassing yourself.
"Don't touch my Medicare!" or was it Social Security?

wasn't me.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#981714 Sep 12, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>There is a common link between all you losers on the left sonicmoron, idiots...
Its the culture...
2 non-replies in a row.

i wish it was a record.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#981715 Sep 12, 2013
NYT continues pile on

As Obama Pauses Action, Putin Takes Center Stage
Yet suddenly Mr. Putin has eclipsed Mr. Obama as the world leader driving the agenda in the Syria crisis. He is offering a potential, if still highly uncertain, alternative to what he has vocally criticized as America’s militarism and reasserted Russian interests in a region where it had been marginalized since the collapse of the Soviet Union.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/12/world/europ...

Here I thought they were Obama syncopates but it turns out embarrassing Americans is their top game.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#981716 Sep 12, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>IN reality O'bama insulted all of us when he gave his speech the other day-Putin didn't say anything that O'bama hasn't already said to us about American Exceptionalism. Frankly I don't think O'bama knows what it is either.
whatever it is it keeps getting us into trouble.

Bozeman, MT

#981717 Sep 12, 2013
Anti-Semitic or Pro-GOYIM wrote:
<quoted text>"Yiddish" is NOT a "SEMITIC" language "Captain Irony".Don't make me "thump" my bible.
Seems you have me confused with the voices in your head.

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#981718 Sep 12, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
If I posted on facebook today that I'm going to have a party Friday, there would be more than twenty one people show up.
The muslims had every national network news program promote their Million Muslim March every evening for over two weeks.
Twenty one muslims showed up for the Million Muslim March.
... twenty one.
I don't think I've ever seen anything like this before.
The streets of DC were placed off limits for everyone else so the Million Muslim March could have them to theirselves, and only twenty one muslims showed up.
... Washington DC closed all traffic to the mall so twenty one muslims could march.
That is a HUGE news story. Don't you wonder why all the news networks are pretending it didn't happen?
he largest Muslin group along with others did not support the event. Everyone knew in advance no one was coming.
Anti-Semitic or Pro-GOYIM

Waynesboro, MS

#981719 Sep 12, 2013
"Your safest response... is no response".
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#981720 Sep 12, 2013
At least one half-dozen protesters attend the return of Benghazipalooza

"Thousands"? Seriously? Take a look at that photo at the top of this post. That's the rally they were talking about. If you think that looks like thousands of people, then you are one of the blessed few who can see the evidence supporting President Obama's impeachment. Everybody else just sees nothing.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/09/12/1238...
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#981721 Sep 12, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush simply said Obama was in a tough position and had to make a tough decision. Obama was too naïve to know about tough decisions as a corrupt Chicago politician and wanting to try Bush and Cheney for war crimes as the president because they made tough decisions.
"Instant Karma's gonna get you
Gonna knock you right on the head."
-John Lennon
Obama never said anything about putting Bush or Cheney on trial for war crimes YOU GODDAMNED LIAR! No Bush and Cheney didn't make hard decisions , they were planning on invading Iraq even before the Al Qaeda attacks on 9/11. Unlike Obama they were as shown in the downing street memo fixing intelligence around their intention to invade. Obama is not planning on sending troops to their deaths without ant post invasion plans like Bush did but to use our airpower to prevent Assad from using his chemical weapons against his own people.

Gettysburg, PA

#981722 Sep 12, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you looked into how the wealth is distributed across the populations in very well educated countries?
Have you looked at what your so-called "progressives" have done to our education system?
Wouldn't you conclude that, given your so-called "progressives" have destroyed our education system and replaced it with the most expensive education system in the world that generates the most ignorant workforce in the industrialized world, we are becoming less educated in general, and a natural effect of becoming less educated is the wealth will migrate increasingly to a smaller percentage of the population?
Want to have a more evenly distributed wealth? Fix the goddam education system you destroyed. Your only other option is to steal it from those who are still sufficiently educated to maintain a good paying career.
You created this mess. And, now that you're sufferring from what you caused, you want to steal to compensate what you're not worth today.
The only think that will happen with your plan is there will continually be less wealth to redistribute, until there is no wealth.
So decades of wealth redistribution towards the wealthy is now because of our education system.

Even though the trend has been toward more & more people completing HS & getting college degrees.

I mean it can't because the wealthy set the policies in this country & have for decades, bending the laws & tax codes to their advantage.

Its because the evil liberals made everyone else stupid.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#981723 Sep 12, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
The incompetent man-child Liberal's messiah Obama to take credit for Putin's foreign affair idea.
Only Liberals fall for it!!!
HEY STUPID! This deal wouldn't be happening if Obama didn't show that he was willing to drop the hammer on Assad.
You're an idiot!

Gettysburg, PA

#981724 Sep 12, 2013
flack wrote:
Voyager I has left the building!!! It has left the Solar System and entered intersteller space. Next stop, the nearest star, in 40,000 years.
We know that Voyager returns to Earth in 300 years with a hot bald chick & threatened t destroy the planet.

So it must not have made it to that star.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#981725 Sep 12, 2013
Face palm

Jay Carney says he can't comment on how the Putin NYT op-ed appeared in print, because he only read it online

“For God & Country”

The Promised Land Illinois

#981726 Sep 12, 2013
25 Muslims wow and another 25 Christens as a counter protest good for them! With Over 2,000,000 Bickers. Do you think they will mind if we count 1 million bicker as Christens so the count would be 25 Muslims, 1,000,000 Bikers and another 1,000,025 Christens some of whom also own a Bike?
http://www.wnd.com/2013/09/2-million-bikers-r...

“Thank You”**Patriotic Bikers** God Bless :)
Thank you American Lady for the Post
http://www.topix.com/forum/us/TR4NO3GTFHLCF7J...

Gettysburg, PA

#981727 Sep 12, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
If anyone working hard is making minimum wage, they just started working hard the other day, or maybe just this morning.
Anyone who works hard as a way of life will not be in the position you describe. They are in that position because they made the choices that caused them to be worth only minimum wage, if that.
Anyone who is still making minimum wage after two years in the work force is worthless.
I suggest firing anyone who has not progressed above minimum wage after two years. Perhaps they are just in the wrong place. If that is the case, then they needed to change jobs. Sometimes that's the only change that needs to be made.
If you don't like making minimum wage, make the choices that makes you worth more than minimum wage.
No employer should be forced to pay more for the same worthless product.
So you think companies with minimum wage jobs, fill those positions & they all get advanced within that company.

You people keep telling me companies can't survive if the minimum wage is raised. Even though todays rate is far lower than it was 30 - 40 years ago in comparative dollars.

So certainly there must be a pile of minimum wage workers out there & they certainly aren't all getting promoted within two years.

So companies pay a wage that two wage earners in a family still don't make enough & we have to subsidize these people with food stamps & government programs - rent, heat, healthcare, school lunches, etc.

Earned Income Tax Credits was passed by Republicans to avoid a hike in the minimum wage. So tax payers pay instead of the employers. A subsidy.

I thought you free market" people were about no government help?

But here you are ( with or subsidized salary) telling us the government needs to subsidize the workers of companies that pay minimum wage.

So many of people working to get off welfare & make it on their own & you call them "worthless".

Prevented this

#981728 Sep 12, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
whatever it is it keeps getting us into trouble.
What? you don't know either--of course you don't. Exceptionalism in individuals is what made this country great. Are you on crack like O'bama?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 33 min Dr Guru 194,523
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 36 min Mister Tonka 100,298
Ask Amy July 31 48 min Julie 6
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr litesong 54,356
abby7-31-15 3 hr mrs gladys kravitz 5
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 hr Mark 52,069
Amy 7-30-15 7 hr Mister Tonka 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages