Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1460339 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#981771 Sep 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly what program keeps people from working?
How about raising the minimum wage so a family of 4 with two fT minimum wage earners would no longer qualify for food stamps
See this is the problem with you right whiners. OMG we can't have a higher minimum wage because US companies have to pay minimum wage to survive.
Its like you subsidize these companies for not paying a livable wage. They pay crap wages & we fill in with food stamps & other assistance programs.
Dumbass dave's solution isn't to fix the foodstamp program but to GIVE people more money. Dumbass dave doesn't realize that once everyone make a million dollars a year, the poverty line will be raised to a million and one dollars a year. Stupid fckn liberals.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#981772 Sep 12, 2013
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
talk about a wimp...
Baby Killer!
Really??????????

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#981773 Sep 12, 2013
When you need to get Sonic, DumDave, and Lilly all bent out of shape you post this:

Americans in '''poverty'''
From the Census Bureau...
- 80.9% of have cell phones and landline phones,
- 58.2% have computers
- 96.1% of those in “poverty” have televisions,
- 83% have some sort of DVR.
- 97.8% own a refrigerator

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#981774 Sep 12, 2013
Communist Manifesto wrote:
Jews, jews, jews...
Realtime's pal, crazy ron is here.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#981776 Sep 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Michelle is pushing bottled water which is bad for the environment when filtered tap water is a cheaper and enviro friendly solution.
Remember when single use plastic bags were supposed to save the world?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#981777 Sep 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Technology replacing certain jobs has been gong on for a century. You act as though it is something new.
The "Jetsons" is not reality TV - its a cartoon from 50 years ago.
The winchesters aren't going to save us either.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#981778 Sep 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
he largest Muslin group along with others did not support the event. Everyone knew in advance no one was coming.
"real dumb"
If they knew no one was coming, why did they hold the event? So they could look stoopid? To get the message that the message they offered was of interest to no one? Why did they hold the event if they knew no one was coming? I asked this question of you twice because you are prone to change the subject.
Peace
KMA

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#981779 Sep 12, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt: Free vodka for Russians; they'll all show up with their babushkas on.
Here's our resident bigot stereotyping again.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#981780 Sep 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So decades of wealth redistribution towards the wealthy is now because of our education system.
Even though the trend has been toward more & more people completing HS & getting college degrees.
I mean it can't because the wealthy set the policies in this country & have for decades, bending the laws & tax codes to their advantage.
Its because the evil liberals made everyone else stupid.
"real dumb"
Your last statement "Its because evil liberals made everyone else stoopid". I agree with just one little change, drop the evil. Liberals for the most part are not evil, they are just misguided. They are envious of those who work, produce, provide, they are firm believers that government should control all.
Peace
KMA
Agent Orange

Meridian, MS

#981781 Sep 12, 2013
Vietnam 35 Years Later: Agent Orange
Watch:
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#981782 Sep 12, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt: Free vodka for Russians; they'll all show up with their babushkas on.
Syria and the White House both 'welcome' plan to give up chemical weapons after Kerry said it could avert military attacks -- but now he says he DIDN'T mean it!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-24160...

Baawaaahhhh!!!!

Moran.

Chess move?

Brilliant!

Baawwaaahhh!!!!!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#981783 Sep 12, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! awww... poor baby. You'd elect putin as president of the US wouldn't you?
Traitor!
I love this comedy channel.
Your level should stick to Tom & Jerry on Saturday morning, libtard.

That is the correct level for you, mooch.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#981784 Sep 12, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I bet you sit on their laps?
Yeah, we've heard all of this before Ghost/Dem/Retard.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#981785 Sep 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, Putin? If America isn't exceptional, name another country stupid enough to re-elect Obama.
This was an observation by Mr. Hayward: "The Syrian debacle is completed with an op-ed by Vladimir Putin in the New York Times, in which he chastises Americans for threatening the international order with wanton war-mongering, counsels obedience to the rule of law, and suggests we give up on all that nonsense about "American exceptionalism" before we hurt ourselves.

It's very well-played, an Alinskyite slam of Obama's own rhetoric right back across the net into his face. Our current President is uniquely unsuited to defend America against most of the points Putin made... because Obama has made the same points himself, including an infamous observation about how America is really nothing special - every nation's citizens think they're "exceptional," don't you know!- that Putin's conclusion lifts almost word-for-word.

This is what happens when American leadership does a rote, half-hearted job of upholding our principles. How can people who don't really believe in freedom and capitalism present their virtues to the rest of the world? How does the President who thought his job was to "transform" an unworthy nation stick up for it against a slashing critique? How can a leader who won't take responsibility for anything he does stand up to a hard-nosed Russian strongman?

Obama checkmated himself. Putin just rolled through the New York Times to tip over his king and make sure his victory in the Middle East is properly recorded by the scorekeepers."

*some libs on here think O'bama made brilliant moves... as in chess. If that is the case-I don't think he knows that game either.
American Exceptionalism

Meridian, MS

#981786 Sep 12, 2013
Victims of Agent Orange in Vietnam War still suffer
Watch:
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#981787 Sep 12, 2013
Two infants dead in Texas whooping cough epidemic

Prevented this

#981788 Sep 12, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Syria and the White House both 'welcome' plan to give up chemical weapons after Kerry said it could avert military attacks -- but now he says he DIDN'T mean it!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-24160...
Baawaaahhhh!!!!
Moran.
Chess move?
Brilliant!
Baawwaaahhh!!!!!
Guess this shoots Dave and what's his lincolnlol propaganda all to shit. Fricking derelicts.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#981789 Sep 12, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama can accept Putin's offer or go back to Congress or bomb away.
Obama's choice, Putin probably doesn't care what the fool decides...
Putin's op-ed piece was pitched to the New York Times by the American public relations firm, Ketchum, which is "under contract with the Russian Federation to promote 'Russia as a place favorable for foreign investments'. The article was not written by Putin...but that's a different discussion.

Senator Robert Menendez, the chairman of the foreign relations committee, said on CNN he "almost wanted to vomit" when he read the op-ed at dinner. That should have been the response of any American patriot.

If Ketchum's intention was to paint Russia in a good light, they failed miserably. Trying to turn Americans against their president is never a good idea. I agreed with Putin when he said we should wait for U.N. inspectors but now, I only feel contempt and disgust that this foolish former head of the KGB is preaching to us. U.S. How dare he!!! I no longer care what this fool thinks or says.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/vladimir-putin...

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/12/...

Prevented this

#981790 Sep 12, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbass dave's solution isn't to fix the foodstamp program but to GIVE people more money. Dumbass dave doesn't realize that once everyone make a million dollars a year, the poverty line will be raised to a million and one dollars a year. Stupid fckn liberals.
Do all these liberals work for minimum wage-I don't get it-I have not worked for minimum wage since I was 18. Am I missing something here?
American Exceptionalism

Meridian, MS

#981791 Sep 12, 2013
Depleted Uranium Collateral Victims.flv
Watch:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 min Black Mom 62,359
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 19 min Patriot AKA Bozo 7,959
Should TRUMP use this? 47 min ITs TRUE USE IT 10
Are democrats destroyed? 58 min YUP DemDEMSrDONE 14
The Color of Crime in Chicago. 1 hr TEXAS Shoot-emUP 24
News 700 are dead and Chicago is out of control 1 hr red dawn 4
TRUMP FORCE being formed to clean up Chicago! 2 hr red dawn 3

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages