Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#981129 Sep 11, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, and I don't think that will be the case. It will have to be collected and destroyed by an international group.
Any country external to Syria is "international"...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#981130 Sep 11, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>put your 'basically' link up that Assad basically admitted his military used 'them'.
Any country can agree to turn over all chemical weapons in their possession and then determine that they have none....
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#981131 Sep 11, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is stronger now than ever. A good leader is not arrogant. He must be capable of changing his direction when circumstances change and Obama has proven he is a true leader. He will look like a miracle worker if the Putin plan works. If it fails, he will be praised for leaving no stone unturned toward a peaceful resolution.
What kind of drugs are you smoking? Obama looks like exactly what he is, a weak leader who changes his words like the wind, has no realistic plan, and is flying by the seat of his pants.

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#981132 Sep 11, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Obamas (really putins) so called brilliant move doesn't punish assad at all.

So Assad has spent over a a decade building a chemical weapon arsenal & program & he doesn't care if it is taken away.

Really Eman?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#981133 Sep 11, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Incredible, indeed.
He's the absentee president who expects his "fellow Americans" to rally around him at a time when he finds himself backed into a corner when he has done nothing except lie and deceive us and polarize us from the first day he was in office.
Incredulous is more like it.
Has anyone else noticed his movie directors always have him walk down that long hallway to the Teleprompter like he was Jesus entering Jerusalem? I'm waiting for them to begin using CGI to frame his glorious head with a halo and his body with heavenly aura.

Past Presidents would simply enter the Press Room stage right, say what they will and then leave.

This jerk does a Rodeo Drive wiggle down that dammed hallway like he was on display to portraits of American heroes with Rose Petals being thrown before him. Nero didn't have it this good while fiddling during Rome's demise.

This Presidency is wholly image without substance. Madison Ave., Hollywood and RockStar Theatrics rolled into one big ball of dung.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#981134 Sep 11, 2013
Syrian opposition activists tell NBC News that Bashar Assad is getting away with having used chemical weapons to massacre hundreds of civilians and that giving the regime a pass will only benefit al-Qaeda extremists.

“If there is no action, everyone will be desperate. We are already desperate. We are dying. Many will join al-Qaeda. Even the educated will join them, because no one else is helping,” a Syrian rebel said.

There is a battle underway within the Syrian revolt -- a war within the war -- between the generally moderate US-backed Free Syrian Army and Islamic extremist groups.

The Free Syrian Army put its faith in Washington, which promised action, but so far hasn’t delivered. The moderates say they have lost hope and face. Islamists, on the other hand, always doubted Washington would act, and instead of attending meetings, they are putting bullets in their guns; and they are sending men.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09/11...

The last sentence says it all. Jihadists around the world are celebrating.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#981135 Sep 11, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So why give them up if he never used them.
He is accepting a penalty for something his military did not do?
who says he is? I want to know why you keep saying that he admitted using chemical weapons. Put your link up. Show the class all your proof.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#981136 Sep 11, 2013
Obama is at 38% approve/56% disapprove with all adults

A little better with registered voters at 43%

http://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_...

Prevented this

#981137 Sep 11, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Which international group? The mysterious one nobody knows about?
Putin supplies Assad with weapons.
I'm sure he's going to make sure they get into the right hands.
Putin supplies O'bama with weapons too if you want to put it that way.

Prevented this

#981138 Sep 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Any country can agree to turn over all chemical weapons in their possession and then determine that they have none....
Exactly. But you can't get a lib to understand that.

Lapeer, MI

#981139 Sep 11, 2013
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of drugs are you smoking? Obama looks like exactly what he is, a weak leader who changes his words like the wind, has no realistic plan, and is flying by the seat of his pants.
The jerk is doing more with the seat of his pants than just flying.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#981140 Sep 11, 2013
Twitter/Facebook is getting sad. As people get home from work they are posting photos of friends and love ones lost on 9-11

“For God & Country”

Since: Aug 13

The Promised Land Illinois

#981141 Sep 11, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"silly"
The fact is that if assad is disposed in Syria nothing will change. The various sects will continue to kill those who belong to other sects. They have doing it for what 1500 years? No matter what the US does or does not do nothing will change. Hopefully president nobama will not make a strike. It would be a waste of American resources.
Peace
KMA
I agree so how can we be friends with cultures who don't like us.

“For God & Country”

Since: Aug 13

The Promised Land Illinois

#981142 Sep 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
The Putin/Russia thing is going nowhere unless Obama kisses Putin's butt.
So, what's your plan now, Barack?
Well I hope Putin washes up first

Lapeer, MI

#981143 Sep 11, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So Assad has spent over a a decade building a chemical weapon arsenal & program & he doesn't care if it is taken away.
Really Eman?
Just how old are you anyways(mentally)?

Talk is cheap - that's why you and the Boy Messiah do so much of it - and, in diplomacy, talk is far cheaper than explosions.

So Putin suggests, Assad agrees and the Magic Negro accepts so we can then all go back home to Chicago and the golf course.

Don't you get it?

You were born yesterday, DumbDave. One minute before midnight.

lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#981144 Sep 11, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Syrian opposition activists tell NBC News that Bashar Assad is getting away with having used chemical weapons to massacre hundreds of civilians and that giving the regime a pass will only benefit al-Qaeda extremists.
“If there is no action, everyone will be desperate. We are already desperate. We are dying. Many will join al-Qaeda. Even the educated will join them, because no one else is helping,” a Syrian rebel said.
There is a battle underway within the Syrian revolt -- a war within the war -- between the generally moderate US-backed Free Syrian Army and Islamic extremist groups.
The Free Syrian Army put its faith in Washington, which promised action, but so far hasn’t delivered. The moderates say they have lost hope and face. Islamists, on the other hand, always doubted Washington would act, and instead of attending meetings, they are putting bullets in their guns; and they are sending men.
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09/11...
The last sentence says it all. Jihadists around the world are celebrating.
Aunt Battie in favor of war

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#981145 Sep 11, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Eed, you need to learn more about electric supplier choice & how it works. You can choose all renewable or a suppler that gets their electric from a percentage of renewable sources.
You can also choose a supplier & opt for more renewable. percentage.
Become better informed,
"real dumb"
Bullmanure.
Peace
KMA
Whatever

Gering, NE

#981146 Sep 11, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Has anyone else noticed his movie directors always have him walk down that long hallway to the Teleprompter like he was Jesus entering Jerusalem? I'm waiting for them to begin using CGI to frame his glorious head with a halo and his body with heavenly aura.
Past Presidents would simply enter the Press Room stage right, say what they will and then leave.
This jerk does a Rodeo Drive wiggle down that dammed hallway like he was on display to portraits of American heroes with Rose Petals being thrown before him. Nero didn't have it this good while fiddling during Rome's demise.
This Presidency is wholly image without substance. Madison Ave., Hollywood and RockStar Theatrics rolled into one big ball of dung.
People were commenting that due to the high angel of the shot, rather than making Obama appear imperial just simply made him look small.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#981147 Sep 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Chances are it's the other way around.
48 is 48
Spoken like a true 83 year old; I forgot you were in Korea.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#981148 Sep 11, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Which international group? The mysterious one nobody knows about?
Putin supplies Assad with weapons.
I'm sure he's going to make sure they get into the right hands.
I don't think those details have been revealed. Perhaps the Finns!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 4 min Le Duped 7
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 16 min market indicators 98,836
How long to do this? 20 min Jako Hondasaki 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr scirocco 70,993
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 181,753
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 68,880
Deat Abby 12-16 3 hr cheluzal 71
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News