Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1657019 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#981790 Sep 12, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbass dave's solution isn't to fix the foodstamp program but to GIVE people more money. Dumbass dave doesn't realize that once everyone make a million dollars a year, the poverty line will be raised to a million and one dollars a year. Stupid fckn liberals.
Do all these liberals work for minimum wage-I don't get it-I have not worked for minimum wage since I was 18. Am I missing something here?
American Exceptionalism

Meridian, MS

#981791 Sep 12, 2013
Depleted Uranium Collateral Victims.flv
Watch:

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#981792 Sep 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
Two infants dead in Texas whooping cough epidemic
That's what happens when people come to this country unscreened. California recently went through the same thing.
American Exceptionalism

Meridian, MS

#981793 Sep 12, 2013
US-War Crimes on children using Depleted Uranium ( Iraq )
Watch:
American Exceptionalism

Meridian, MS

#981794 Sep 12, 2013
The Bush Babies - birth defects from depleted uranium
Watch:
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#981795 Sep 12, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>This was an observation by Mr. Hayward: "The Syrian debacle is completed with an op-ed by Vladimir Putin in the New York Times, in which he chastises Americans for threatening the international order with wanton war-mongering, counsels obedience to the rule of law, and suggests we give up on all that nonsense about "American exceptionalism" before we hurt ourselves.
It's very well-played, an Alinskyite slam of Obama's own rhetoric right back across the net into his face. Our current President is uniquely unsuited to defend America against most of the points Putin made... because Obama has made the same points himself, including an infamous observation about how America is really nothing special - every nation's citizens think they're "exceptional," don't you know!- that Putin's conclusion lifts almost word-for-word.
This is what happens when American leadership does a rote, half-hearted job of upholding our principles. How can people who don't really believe in freedom and capitalism present their virtues to the rest of the world? How does the President who thought his job was to "transform" an unworthy nation stick up for it against a slashing critique? How can a leader who won't take responsibility for anything he does stand up to a hard-nosed Russian strongman?
Obama checkmated himself. Putin just rolled through the New York Times to tip over his king and make sure his victory in the Middle East is properly recorded by the scorekeepers."
*some libs on here think O'bama made brilliant moves... as in chess. If that is the case-I don't think he knows that game either.
I agree with Howard and posted the same observation that this was Alinsky nonsense. Putin was playing Obama as he regards Alinsky as a game for amateurs.

Worse was the WH Alinsky response back: Putin "owned the disarmament".
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#981796 Sep 12, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Putin's op-ed piece was pitched to the New York Times by the American public relations firm, Ketchum, which is "under contract with the Russian Federation to promote 'Russia as a place favorable for foreign investments'. The article was not written by Putin...but that's a different discussion.
Senator Robert Menendez, the chairman of the foreign relations committee, said on CNN he "almost wanted to vomit" when he read the op-ed at dinner. That should have been the response of any American patriot.
If Ketchum's intention was to paint Russia in a good light, they failed miserably. Trying to turn Americans against their president is never a good idea. I agreed with Putin when he said we should wait for U.N. inspectors but now, I only feel contempt and disgust that this foolish former head of the KGB is preaching to us. U.S. How dare he!!! I no longer care what this fool thinks or says.
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/vladimir-putin...
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/12/...
We never cared what your fool Obama thinks. The part a libtard like you does not get is this is the first time another world leader mocks our president and controls him.

An idiot liberal like you has no clue what really just happened.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#981797 Sep 12, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what happens when people come to this country unscreened. California recently went through the same thing.
It is called the Jenny McCarthy idiocy. She bounced through all the talk shows claiming vaccinations caused ADD without an ounce of proof. Parents listen to the moron and stop vaccinating and then the epidemic occurred. Add in the deaths to measles and this woman has a lot of nerve to still be showing up on TV.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#981799 Sep 12, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Guess this shoots Dave and what's his lincolnlol propaganda all to shit. Fricking derelicts.
Unequivocally. Dumb Dave, lily, linctard, Boner, DUH-Pont - the whole lot of then just feed off the propaganda & ignorance.

The whole world knows Obama was played, but the idiot Democrats that are allowed to vote in the USA are too ignorant to figure out what just happened.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#981800 Sep 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with Howard and posted the same observation that this was Alinsky nonsense. Putin was playing Obama as he regards Alinsky as a game for amateurs.
Worse was the WH Alinsky response back: Putin "owned the disarmament".
as history goes... we are watching the collapse of the O'bama regime.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#981802 Sep 12, 2013
How ironic the hypocrites who politicized the wars after we were attacked now love war because they have a moron Democrat as president.
LCNLin

Brooksville, FL

#981803 Sep 12, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! So is Obama's use of technology and the teleprompter son.
I'd still like to see you cons go back to campaigning off the back of a steam locomotive!
I'd also have to say he made better use of human lives too.
She has issues with reality!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#981804 Sep 12, 2013
Klein hits end of his limit and delivers a "beat down" of Obama

"[H]e has damaged his presidency and weakened the nation’s standing in the world. It has been one of the more stunning and inexplicable displays of presidential incompetence that I’ve ever witnessed. The failure cuts straight to the heart of a perpetual criticism of the Obama White House: that the President thinks he can do foreign policy all by his lonesome. This has been the most closely held American foreign-policy-making process since Nixon and Kissinger, only there’s no Kissinger. There is no éminence grise—think of someone like Brent Scowcroft—who can say to Obama with real power and credibility, Mr. President, you’re doing the wrong thing here.

[H]e has done himself, and the nation, great and unnecessary harm. The road back to credibility and respect will be extremely difficult."

http://swampland.time.com/2013/09/11/obama-an...
LCNLin

Brooksville, FL

#981805 Sep 12, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Putin's op-ed piece was pitched to the New York Times by the American public relations firm, Ketchum, which is "under contract with the Russian Federation to promote 'Russia as a place favorable for foreign investments'. The article was not written by Putin...but that's a different discussion.
Senator Robert Menendez, the chairman of the foreign relations committee, said on CNN he "almost wanted to vomit" when he read the op-ed at dinner. That should have been the response of any American patriot.
If Ketchum's intention was to paint Russia in a good light, they failed miserably. Trying to turn Americans against their president is never a good idea. I agreed with Putin when he said we should wait for U.N. inspectors but now, I only feel contempt and disgust that this foolish former head of the KGB is preaching to us. U.S. How dare he!!! I no longer care what this fool thinks or says.
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/vladimir-putin...
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/12/...
Lost on tinker-toy libertarians.
GOPIdiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#981806 Sep 12, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
Hahahahaha! You leftist phags got the bejeeezuz bitch-slapped out of you this week!! How does it make you feeeeeeel????:-)
Really?
You say that every week, except for ,of course, the week you lost the POTUS election AGAIN.
GOPIdiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#981807 Sep 12, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbass dave's solution isn't to fix the foodstamp program but to GIVE people more money. Dumbass dave doesn't realize that once everyone make a million dollars a year, the poverty line will be raised to a million and one dollars a year. Stupid fckn liberals.

Who is the idiot?
Do you think the poverty line goes up when incomes go up?
American Liberalism

Phoenix, AZ

#981808 Sep 12, 2013
American Exceptionalism wrote:
The Bush Babies - birth defects from depleted uranium
Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =7CNSq6Kb7QMXX
Excuse me Jew hating racist Democrat mental retard. The only president to use nuclear weapons against humanity was one of your Democrats.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#981809 Sep 12, 2013
For those who think chemical weapons are the cruelest form of warfare, read below and learn what your tax dollars are paying for, courtesy of Barack Hussein Obama. There is nothing more to say.

http://lightbox.time.com/2013/09/12/witness-t...

The man was brought in to the square. His eyes were blindfolded. I began shooting pictures, one after the other. It was to be the fourth execution that day I would photograph. I was feeling awful; several times I had been on the verge of throwing up. But I kept it under control because as a journalist I knew I had to document this, as I had the three previous beheadings I had photographed that day, in three other locations outside Aleppo.

The crowd began cheering. Everyone was happy. I knew that if I tried to intervene I would be taken away, and that the executions would go ahead. I knew that I wouldn’t be able to change what was happening and I might put myself in danger.

I saw a scene of utter cruelty: a human being treated in a way that no human being should ever be treated. But it seems to me that in two and a half years, the war has degraded people’s humanity. On this day the people at the execution had no control over their feelings, their desires, their anger. It was impossible to stop them.

I don’t know how old the victim was but he was young. He was forced to his knees. The rebels around him read out his crimes from a sheet of paper. They stood around him. The young man was on his knees on the ground, his hands tied. He seemed frozen.

Two rebels whispered something into his ear and the young man replied in an innocent and sad manner, but I couldn’t understand what he said because I don’t speak Arabic.

At the moment of execution the rebels grasped his throat. The young man put up a struggle. Three or four rebels pinned him down. The man tried to protect his throat with his hands, which were still tied together. He tried to resist but they were stronger than he was and they cut his throat. They raised his head into the air. People waved their guns and cheered. Everyone was happy that the execution had gone ahead.

That scene in Syria, that moment, was like a scene from the Middle Ages, the kind of thing you read about in history books. The war in Syria has reached the point where a person can be mercilessly killed in front of hundreds of people—who enjoy the spectacle.

As a human being I would never have wished to see what I saw. But as a journalist I have a camera and a responsibility. I have a responsibility to share what I saw that day. That’s why I am making this statement and that’s why I took the photographs. I will close this chapter soon and try never to remember it.

Patrick Witty is the International Picture Editor at TIME.

Read more: http://lightbox.time.com/2013/09/12/witness-t...
American Liberalism

Phoenix, AZ

#981810 Sep 12, 2013
GOPIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
You say that every week, except for ,of course, the week you lost the POTUS election AGAIN.
The last 5 out of 7 presidential elections before Putin's bitch Obama were won by Republicans, idiot.

Back to the retard bin with you, Boris.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#981811 Sep 12, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
See if you can get an answer to this...

What exactly is the "fair share" of income we earn that we should be able to keep?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr what a russsh 11,557
Trump is A 8 hr Chilli J 165
Shouldn't this skank apologize B4 next session? 9 hr SQUAW B Malignant 13
Juanita Broaddrick explains why she supported T... 9 hr BUBBA GUILTY 2
Moore Jones will be close. 10 hr The Predicting Kimd 1
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 10 hr They cannot kill ... 3,731
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 hr Dudley 64,306

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages