Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1382931 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#981309 Sep 12, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>"liberal elites blindly accepted White House fiction that Russian intervention this week was somehow part of Obama's master plan." The good news is O'bama undercut his credibility, and with it his ability to lead the nation and world. You must figure O'bama accepted Putin's deal huh?
Since you didn't bother to attribute your quote I'll do it for you. It came from an opinion piece by Ron Fournier. It's an opinion, nothing else.
sonicfilter

United States

#981310 Sep 12, 2013
Former Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) marked the anniversary of 9/11 on Wednesday with a renewed call against U.S. military intervention, saying that the terrorist attacks that took place 12 years ago were the consequences of American foreign policy.

Paul, a renowned anti-interventionist, has taken heat for similar claims in the past. In 2011, amid his presidential campaign, Paul took to cable TV to explain his belief that decades of U.S. engagements in the Middle East had triggered backlash in the form of terrorism.

“I think there's an influence,” Paul told CBS'“Face the Nation.”“That's exactly what the 9/11 Commission said. That's what the DoD has said. That's also what the CIA has said. That's what a lot of researchers have said.”

Paul continued:“To deny this I think is very dangerous but to argue the case that they want to do us harm because we're free and prosperous I think is a very, very dangerous notion because it's not true."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/11/ron-...

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#981311 Sep 12, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Not drawing red lines would accomplish that.
So here should not be any resolutions stating the use of chemical weapons is illegal because that is drawing a red line.

Aspers, PA

#981312 Sep 12, 2013
richardIII wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you can understand this one, smaller words:
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
At President Clinton’s direction, no fewer than 10 federal agencies issued a chilling ultimatum to banks and mortgage lenders to ease credit for lower-income minorities or face investigations for lending discrimination and suffer the related adverse publicity. They also were threatened with denial of access to the all-important secondary mortgage market and stiff fines, along with other penalties.
The threat was codified in a 20-page “Policy Statement on Discrimination in Lending” and entered into the Federal Register on April 15, 1994, by the Interagency Task Force on Fair Lending. Clinton set up the little-known body to coordinate an unprecedented crackdown on alleged bank redlining.
The edict — completely overlooked by the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission and the mainstream media — was signed by then-HUD Secretary Henry Cisneros, Attorney General Janet Reno, Comptroller of the Currency Eugene Ludwig and Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan, along with the heads of six other financial regulatory agencies.
OMG enforcing current law.

Ending racial discrimination in mortgage lending.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#981313 Sep 12, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>OF course, that is why they would not issue a permit to the 2 million AMERICAN Patriots who wanted to ride their motorcycles in the same Washington, DC. WELL--the AMERICAN Patriots are riding through muzzieville anyway.
So in other words you stated that the O'bama administration, by not allowing a permit, for Patriots is failing the test. Got it!
Well nobody stopped them from riding their bikes through DC moron. They have the same rights as any other motorists to use the public streets as long as they follow the traffic rules.

Aspers, PA

#981314 Sep 12, 2013
richardIII wrote:
<quoted text>
you get educated, Doorknob, ur ignorant:
Your article did not mention one important difference between solar and commercially generated power: Residence-based solar power is supplied at the convenience of the supplier (homeowner), who has no obligation to supply power. Commercial power suppliers, on the other hand, have a legal responsibility to meet demand for power regardless of the time of year, the time of day, the weather, the level of demand or any other factor. Indeed, the commercial suppliers must have “spinning reserve” available to supply power when the solar power fades for any reason.
Is it fair that a supplier who has no obligation to meet any requirement for delivery of power be paid the same price as a commercial supplier who has that obligation, as well as the obligation to provide instantaneous backup when the solar supplier fails to supply power?
William Stewart, Westcliffe
WTF did that have to do with my post?

Aspers, PA

#981315 Sep 12, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
What penalty?
Losing his chemical weapons.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#981316 Sep 12, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you didn't bother to attribute your quote I'll do it for you. It came from an opinion piece by Ron Fournier. It's an opinion, nothing else.
Hey DUH-Pont. Reuters reported the truth. You swallow & repeat Democrat lies. Your leftwing Ministry of Propaganda made you think that, but here is reality, doofus:

Headline: "Syria and the White House both 'welcome' plan to give up chemical weapons after Kerry said it could avert military attacks -- but now he says he DIDN'T mean it!"

"But hours later, Kerry told Russia that he didn't mean it as a serious proposal, Reuters reported.

In the intervening hours, however, a White House official told CNN that Kerry's comments were a 'major goof,' and that he 'clearly went off-script.'

'There is no one in the administration who is taking this Syria proposal seriously,' the official said."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-24160...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

You are a liar and an idiot!

Next, you will tell us "Sweden is doing just fine", eh dingbat?
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#981317 Sep 12, 2013
Controversial Florida pastor Terry Jones was arrested in Polk County yesterday while driving a pick up truck carrying thousands of kerosene soaked Qurans and pulling a large barbeque.

The felony charges have yet to be explained.

Pastor Terry has been calling himself a doctor lately__I wonder if that's with a PhD.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#981318 Sep 12, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
No its called FREEDOM OF SPEECH.
The true test of Freedom of Speech is not when you allow those with whom you agree with to speak, but when you allow those who hate and abhor their message that same freedom.
I know its a difficult concept for you to understand, and I doubt you will.
What people seem to forget is that the vast majority of the Muslim world condemned the 9/11 attacks as a perversion of Islam. One of the largest pro American vigils was held in Tehran. People like "fetch" who paint all Muslims with the terrorist brush are idiotic and ignorant.

Aspers, PA

#981319 Sep 12, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
That was dumbass dave then putin came along and he changed his mind. Dumbass dave is the definition of obamabot.
I understand that you think chemical weapons should be available for anyone to use but there are those who believe these weapons should not be used.

In fact, over 180 nations joined an organization to end the use of chemical weapons that are banned under the Geneva Convention.

Evidently you also believe people that violate these resolutions should be only scolded only & just winked at & allowed to continue.

Syria needs to suffer the consequences of using thee weapons against their own people. You evidently think that Assad was right to use these weapons.

I support a military strike against Assad's military would be justified to punish Asaad for his military's use of chemical weapons. If a deal can be reached to avoid a strike that also punished Assad, then I would be OK with that also.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#981320 Sep 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So how does a military strike help Assad? Blowing up some of Assad's military assets help him how?
If the UN takes control of his chemical weapons, how does that help Assad. He basically admitted that his military used them. The government of Syria is still Assad.
Again, you claim the rebels are all Al Qaeda. Another lie.
There won't be any military strike, dumbass. You should pay more attention to what goes on in the world, and right here in the country you live in.
The UN is incompetent.
You should also read up on what's going on in Syria. There are no "rebels" to speak of. It's Al Qaeda. Al Qaeda is training its army in two locations we know of in Libya, and WE ARE TRAINING AL QAEDA IN JORDAN.
I noticed all the news networks are now using the world "rebel" when they refer to Syria. That isn't consistent with McCain's photo op with Al Qaeda in Syria. Weren't there any real rebels for McCain to meet with? The answer to that question is... no.
Obama got knocked to the canvas on this one... which has become so common it's almost not news anymore.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#981321 Sep 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that you think chemical weapons should be available for anyone to use but there are those who believe these weapons should not be used.
In fact, over 180 nations joined an organization to end the use of chemical weapons that are banned under the Geneva Convention.
Evidently you also believe people that violate these resolutions should be only scolded only & just winked at & allowed to continue.
Syria needs to suffer the consequences of using thee weapons against their own people. You evidently think that Assad was right to use these weapons.
I support a military strike against Assad's military would be justified to punish Asaad for his military's use of chemical weapons. If a deal can be reached to avoid a strike that also punished Assad, then I would be OK with that also.
Syria has not signed the treaty so can not violate it.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#981322 Sep 12, 2013
Just how devastating was last week to Obama and the Democrats? There are a couple of indicators.
Obama walked into a trap a blind person could see, and it was such a surprise to the Democrats they didn't even have a contingency plan (speech for Obama to read from the teleprompter) for it. They had to scramble, and all they could come up with was Bush's speech before the invasion of Iraq. Imagine that. Obama plagiarizing Bush on WMDs.

And, muslims in America have lost all confidence in Obama. The Million Muslim March drew twenty one...(end of sentence. There isn't another word after "twenty one" like "thousand, which would have been an awful showing, anyway.) Twenty one people showed up for the Million Muslim March which was a major story on every news network for a couple of weeks before 9/11. They have a muslim president of the United States, and they can get only twenty one people to show up after getting prime time promotion for two weeks on every major network in the country.

Does anyone have any idea why only twenty one muslims showed up for the Million Muslim March?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#981323 Sep 12, 2013
Does anyone have any idea why all the major news networks are ignoring the fact that they all gave prime time promotion to the Million Muslim March, and only twenty one muslims showed up?
This is just another case where the entire news media is ignoring news in an attempt to keep you ignorant.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#981324 Sep 12, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe anything the Magic Negro tells you. You follow anything he sticks on your nose. You're an idiot!
You're an idiot!!!
“My Administration is Proud to be Your Partner”, Obama Tells Muslim Brotherhood Pro-Hamas Group: http://tinyurl.com/ohc9vha
Egyptian official ties Obama’s half-brother to Muslim Brotherhood: http://www.examiner.com/article/egyptian-offi...
The hole in your head is so big, the Boy Messiah uses it as a French Tickler on Larry Sinclair.
The statements I posted didn't come from the Obama administration you vomitous cretin, they were actual statements made by the Muslim Brotherhood in the wake of 9/11. Nothing you've posted lends any credence to DB's lie that there's any connection between the Muslim Brotherhood and Al Qaeda.

Aspers, PA

#981325 Sep 12, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You're stupid enough to think he will declare them all.
Really dumbass?
Its a slap on the wrist to those without their heads up obamas ass.
So,what is your plan. Do nothing like the rest of your right whiner buddies?

Even if Assad hides some chemical weapons, the bulk will be taken & his programs dismantled. A lot more than a military strike would do.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#981326 Sep 12, 2013
Today is the 51st anniversary of a real president committing America to a goal of reaching the moon. A real president who realized the potential of America's future. A president you believed in the American people to achieve great things!
We really need another president like him right now.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#981327 Sep 12, 2013
Osama bin Laden was blinded in his right eye and a member of the Muslim Brotherhood as a youth, al-Qaida’s new leader said in an Internet video.

Ayman as-Zawahiri, the terror group’s leader after bin Laden was killed by Navy SEALs in a raid in Pakistan in 2010, confirmed bin Laden was a member of the Muslim Brotherhood as a youth in his native Saudi Arabia.

Zawahiri would know all about the Muslim Brotherhood as he came out of Egypt and joined the Muslim Brotherhood as a teenager. He provided much of the real blueprint for Al-Qaeda based on the ideas of the Muslim Brotherhood.
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#981328 Sep 12, 2013
If Obama wants to really punish Assad and his Syrian regime for using chemical weapons he should not order a military strike. Ruining their economy would be a better option.

Force Syria to enact a national healthcare program similar to ObamaKare. The program will then create unemployment, overtax the creative sector, and incentivize laziness, thus ruining their economy like it is ruining ours.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What nation is this? 17 min Slithering Eels 15
You have two cows............ 22 min CrispyHamHocks 3
Hillary's History 27 min CanadianBacon 58
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 48 min SweLL GirL 8,401
A Muslim woman asks the wrong person a question. 1 hr Very Interesting 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Dr Guru 214,382
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Earthling-1 59,472
Politics? 5 hr Ferretman 54
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr CrunchyBacon 101,966
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages