Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#980750 Sep 11, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe it's not a test.
how close are you?
35-40 miles as the crow flies. The EBS comes on the TVs and radios when it happens telling people what is going on.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#980751 Sep 11, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Can you imagine after 9-11 that the president wanted to arm Al-Qaeda? that's where O'bama is at.
Sorry, I haven't been following along with the nutjob cacophony of right wing nonsense concerning Syria.

which simply put means: i don't read your posts. and for that...i am not sorry.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#980752 Sep 11, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Ah! Con stupidity!
They work it, you know!!!!
Hey Ghostie!!! The leaves changing up there in "The Valley" yet?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#980753 Sep 11, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Read the article lily: it isn't Rush implying, it is media:
http://therightscoop.com/rush-what-if-assad-w...
don't you mean the 'right wing media'?

which is a lot different from 'The Media'.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#980754 Sep 11, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
and OMG, now liberals are acting like conservatives!
so just explain it to her....Sometimes you just lose.
"Voter suppression" is a long standing Left cliche.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#980755 Sep 11, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! That's what putin lovers like me believe!
It's the culture...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#980756 Sep 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why was a strike on Syria necessary and then not necessary?
What has changed?
Assad and Putin shat in their pants.
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#980757 Sep 11, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I know. It's still too high of a level for you people to comprehend.
I try to go down further but I'm always hopeful you will at least attempt to rise.
Do you always talk to grown ups like they're mindless velteenage worms?

Sicko Psycho.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#980758 Sep 11, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
We are not at war.
Bush is supporting Obama
Republicans divided..
Good news for America
Obama lifted his Syria speech from Bush

He then went on to pose a number of questions raised by critics about the need for military action, and answer them:“First, many of you have asked, won’t this put us on a slippery slope to another war?.&#8201;.&#8201;. Others have asked whether it’s worth acting if we don’t take out [Syrian President Bashar al-]Assad..&#8201;.&#8 201;. Other questions involve the dangers of retaliation..&#8201;.& #8201;. Many of you have asked a broader question: Why should we get involved at all in a place that’s so complicated and where, as one person wrote to me, those who come after Assad may be enemies of human rights?.&#8201;.&#8201 ;. Finally, many of you have asked, why not leave this to other countries or seek solutions short of force?”

Hmm, that sounded familiar. In his October 7, 2002, speech in Cincinnati, making the case that the United States must hold a Baathist dictator who used chemical weapons on his people to account, Bush declared:“Many Americans have raised legitimate questions: about the nature of the threat; about the urgency of action..&#8201;.&#8201 ;. These are all issues we’ve discussed broadly and fully within my administration. And tonight, I want to share those discussions with you.”

Bush then went on to pose a number of questions raised by critics and answer them:“First, some ask why Iraq is different from other countries or regimes that also have terrible weapons..&#8201;.&#820 1;. Some ask how urgent this danger is to America and the world..&#8201;.&#8201; . Some have argued that confronting the threat from Iraq could detract from the war against terror..&#8201;.&#8201 ;. Many people have asked how close Saddam Hussein is to developing a nuclear weapon..&#8201;.&#8201 ;. Some citizens wonder, after 11 years of living with this problem, why do we need to confront it now?.&#8201;.&#8201;. Some believe we can address this danger by simply resuming the old approach to inspections, and applying diplomatic and economic pressure.”

In other words, Obama essentially copied Bush’s speech making the case for military action in Iraq to make his case for military action in Syria.

While imitation may be the sincerest form of flattery, it takes a special kind of chutzpah to plagiarize your predecessor while attacking him at the same time.

Of course, the imitation only went so far. After making the case for military action, Bush issued an ultimatum to the Iraqi regime. After making the case for military action, Obama announced he was deploying .&#8201;.&#8201;. Secretary of State John F. Kerry to meet with his Russian counterparts. Presumably Kerry will explain that if Assad fails to comply with Obama’s just demands, the Syrian dictator will face the consequences — a military strike that is “unbelievably small.”

Now that wasn’t lifted from George W. Bush.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/marc-t...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#980759 Sep 11, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Read the article lily: it isn't Rush implying, it is media:
http://therightscoop.com/rush-what-if-assad-w...
The only thing true in that article is this:

Rush laid a big one out there today in his first hour

Pfffttt...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#980760 Sep 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
What has changed?
so which way are you leaning? today.

the oh so fickle pulse of the right wing 'We hate Obama no matter what!' etch-a-sketch philosophy.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#980761 Sep 11, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Can you imagine after 9-11 that the president wanted to arm Al-Qaeda? that's where O'bama is at.
That is the absolute issue that Obama cannot overcome in this debate.

American blood for al-Qaeda not against.

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#980762 Sep 11, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:

Look little Miss Ditto Head, I know what I can certainly believe.

That you right whiners are still using 9-11 to lie.

The US is supplying arms only to certain rebel groups not associated with radical Islam & certainly not Al Qaeda.. You f*cking idiots run around implying that Al Qaeda to leading the rebel forces and/or are the majority involved.

My God you people are dumber than sh*t.

You can't even try to make a point without lying about something. This is how pathetic you people are.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#980763 Sep 11, 2013
Time to go to Wally World.

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#980764 Sep 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
What has changed?
Galt exposes his ignorance.
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#980765 Sep 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely not.
Galt would let Assad kill radical Islamists, with Russian help if necessary.
Next: Snowden for Dohjo trade--russian gulag prison MUCH better suitable for the culture of the Chechyn terrorist.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#980766 Sep 11, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> 35-40 miles as the crow flies. The EBS comes on the TVs and radios when it happens telling people what is going on.
maybe you should drive over and take a look?

Prevented this

#980767 Sep 11, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So how would you explain the record breaking profits by Fannie and Freddie son?
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are masking billions of dollars losses because of the level of delinquent home loans they carry.
Bi-polar people tend to lie.

Prevented this

#980768 Sep 11, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
don't you mean the 'right wing media'?
which is a lot different from 'The Media'.
why?
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#980769 Sep 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, Obama supports radical Islam in Libya, Egypt, and Syria.
and Boston.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 min Mister Tonka 98,539
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 min HughBe 70,142
Abby 10-30 15 min edogxxx 9
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 23 min Rogue Scholar 05 179,650
Amy 10-30 37 min edogxxx 11
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 41 min Lawrence Wolf 50,752
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr RACE 4,814
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]