Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1507767 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Apr 07

Key Largo

#980809 Sep 11, 2013
A simple question to realdave and fetch almighty.
Did you support the Iraq war?
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#980810 Sep 11, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it true that Miley Cyrus is going to perform her naked ball and chain act at the RNC?
Will Anthony Wiener be openly wagging his wiener at the DNC again?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#980811 Sep 11, 2013
The bikers are overwhelming D.C. We don't need no stinkin' permit!!!!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#980812 Sep 11, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text> Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are masking billions of dollars losses because of the level of delinquent home loans they carry.
Bi-polar people tend to lie.
lol! Hi bi-polar!
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#980813 Sep 11, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Sonic-
Doesn't read any stinky posts
Doesn't even read the articles he posts
It's the culture...
sonicfilter

United States

#980814 Sep 11, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it true that Miley Cyrus is going to perform her naked ball and chain act at the RNC?
as long as she uses a red white and blue foam finger.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#980815 Sep 11, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so which way are you leaning? today.
the oh so fickle pulse of the right wing 'We hate Obama no matter what!' etch-a-sketch philosophy.
Galt supports whichever side is fighting against radical Islam.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#980816 Sep 11, 2013
John Kerry gaffe ‘Assad would not accept Weapon Proposal’ Putin/Assad jumps on it now become the official policy of the United States!! Putin/Assad, 1 Obama/Kerry, 0!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#980817 Sep 11, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Obama lifted his Syria speech from Bush
He then went on to pose a number of questions raised by critics about the need for military action, and answer them:“First, many of you have asked, won’t this put us on a slippery slope to another war?.&#8201;.&#8201;. Others have asked whether it’s worth acting if we don’t take out [Syrian President Bashar al-]Assad..&#8201;.&#8 201;. Other questions involve the dangers of retaliation..&#8201;.& #8201;. Many of you have asked a broader question: Why should we get involved at all in a place that’s so complicated and where, as one person wrote to me, those who come after Assad may be enemies of human rights?.&#8201;.&#8201 ;. Finally, many of you have asked, why not leave this to other countries or seek solutions short of force?”
Hmm, that sounded familiar. In his October 7, 2002, speech in Cincinnati, making the case that the United States must hold a Baathist dictator who used chemical weapons on his people to account, Bush declared:“Many Americans have raised legitimate questions: about the nature of the threat; about the urgency of action..&#8201;.&#8201 ;. These are all issues we’ve discussed broadly and fully within my administration. And tonight, I want to share those discussions with you.”
Bush then went on to pose a number of questions raised by critics and answer them:“First, some ask why Iraq is different from other countries or regimes that also have terrible weapons..&#8201;.&#820 1;. Some ask how urgent this danger is to America and the world..&#8201;.&#8201; . Some have argued that confronting the threat from Iraq could detract from the war against terror..&#8201;.&#8201 ;. Many people have asked how close Saddam Hussein is to developing a nuclear weapon..&#8201;.&#8201 ;. Some citizens wonder, after 11 years of living with this problem, why do we need to confront it now?.&#8201;.&#8201;. Some believe we can address this danger by simply resuming the old approach to inspections, and applying diplomatic and economic pressure.”
In other words, Obama essentially copied Bush’s speech making the case for military action in Iraq to make his case for military action in Syria.
While imitation may be the sincerest form of flattery, it takes a special kind of chutzpah to plagiarize your predecessor while attacking him at the same time.
Of course, the imitation only went so far. After making the case for military action, Bush issued an ultimatum to the Iraqi regime. After making the case for military action, Obama announced he was deploying .&#8201;.&#8201;. Secretary of State John F. Kerry to meet with his Russian counterparts. Presumably Kerry will explain that if Assad fails to comply with Obama’s just demands, the Syrian dictator will face the consequences — a military strike that is “unbelievably small.”
Now that wasn’t lifted from George W. Bush.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/marc-t...
Putin caught the clown act in the White House flat-footed. Just like Al Bundy, our clown act in our White House didn't have a plan B when plan A blew up in their faces. This was the best they could do on short notice.
They would have had much more notice if they actually paid attention to what is happening in the world, instead of thinking they are so much smarter than everyone else and don't need to look around to see what is actually happening.
If I could speculate Russia would intervene with a solution involving the disposition of the chemical weapons last week, why couldn't those idiots calling themselves genuisses in the White House do that?

I can hear the butler in the White House singing a song to himself...
"Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right...."
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#980818 Sep 11, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that world wide call to go to war to go against Syria was deafening or maybe just silent.
lol! War? War? Aren't you missing several 'war' documents son?

Or did you LIE?????
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#980819 Sep 11, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text> Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are masking billions of dollars losses because of the level of delinquent home loans they carry.
Bi-polar people tend to lie.
The government should not be in the mortgage business.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#980820 Sep 11, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! I didn't realize chickens could scream!
All Democrats scream. Just listen to Howard Dean!

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#980821 Sep 11, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I would ask why you make false statements about what was in my post, but it is most likely because you have no argument unless you can change what I wrote.
The market crashed in two motions, both motions after the close of the conventions to nominate the candidates for president. The first crash was because it could no longer be ignored the network of investments were based on worthless real estate traunches comprised of failed CRA mortgages. The second crash occurred after the Democrat-controlled House refused to pass a bank bailout legislation that it decided to pass immediately after the election was over.
You must think you are talking to a class of second graders.
Please tell us who the Majority Leader of the Senate was in 2007. How did that happen?
You are an ignorant dupe, and not worth the money we're paying you to post here.
You mean like your CRA crap?

BTW, have you figured out yet when it was repealed? I mean, just to prove your own point son!!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#980822 Sep 11, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
and Boston.
True. That Muslim bastard should be at Gitmo.
sonicfilter

United States

#980823 Sep 11, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I've been there many times. I have clearance.
hop to. i'm sure there's no danger.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#980824 Sep 11, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Sonic-
Doesn't read any stinky posts
Doesn't even read the articles he posts
lol! So can you support YOUR claims son?

Still waiting for those declarations. Found them yet?

Or do facts trump your opinions??
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#980825 Sep 11, 2013
ONE YEAR after the terror attacks in Benghazi, Libya, the families of the four murdered Americans are frustrated with former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and her successor, John Kerry, for not bringing them closer to the truth about what happened to their loved ones than they were 12 months ago.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#980826 Sep 11, 2013
lily's hero:

SINGLE-DIGIT LOSER
Weiner gets only 5 percent, then 'flips' out on reporter
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#980827 Sep 11, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>In what whine and crybaby mode are you in today lily?
It's the culture...
lol! Why would anyone want to be like you son?
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#980828 Sep 11, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! I didn't realize i was humped and ridden by chickens, I could scream!
It's the culture...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Jacques Ottawa 239,221
Jonny's Towing is Chicagoland's Most Crooked Co... 1 hr Trekkie 38
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr SweLL GirL 10,490
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Seer 8,064
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Bbzzoo 63,543
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 4 hr They cannot kill ... 3,629
News Chicago should decriminalize fare evasion 4 hr ShouldPharrt 2

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages