Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Whatever

Gering, NE

#979478 Sep 9, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if the key players in this administration were on the same page. Hillary, John Kerry, Susan Rice and the president are all saying different things.
Or maybe if someone were in charge. But no one has been in charge for some time.
Galt stated it the way it is.
LCNLin

United States

#979480 Sep 9, 2013
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
See if you can listen to the entire interview. Assad did not say that, but, he did offer an explanation of what has been happening in Syria for 2 and 1/2 years that was enlightening. I maintain we should stay out, let him kill the Al Quaeda rebels. I think there is a brhnd the scenes negotiation going on.
Agree with this
LCNLin

United States

#979482 Sep 9, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You confuse hating America with not trusting those presently in power or their competency to lead.
I would hate America if I believed they were the best we had to offer.
Republicans aren't perfect but can make tough decisions that are in the best interests of the country even if it costs them votes. Democrats are only concerned about appeasing their base and getting votes at all costs even if it's to the detriment of the country.
In the process, they're all over the place and don't know what they're doing. We're witnessing that right now.
Doubt if you understand what is taking place

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#979484 Sep 9, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Obama was played.
However, the other option was just as unattractive. Risking weakening Assad to the point that his Army couldn't secure the CW from the al Qaeda.
Putin is a brutal man, no doubt. But he is also a focused man. Having faced his own challenges from unpredictable Jihadist, he probably didn't blink at them being gassed. But, he has an interest in ensuring the CW does not fall into a radical groups hands.
Putin's main interest in Syria is the U.S. not having any influence in the region.

This administration knew about the chemical weapons in Syria long before it got to this point.

Why did this president wait until the last minute to rally support?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#979485 Sep 9, 2013
Did any of you watch Charlie Rose interview of President Assad? And what was your impression.?
Definitely smarter than O'bama and much more articulate. I was impressed that he brought the Petro dollar topic up.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#979486 Sep 9, 2013
<quoted text>
See if you can listen to the entire interview. Assad did not say that, but, he did offer an explanation of what has been happening in Syria for 2 and 1/2 years that was enlightening. I maintain we should stay out, let him kill the Al Quaeda rebels. I think there is a brhnd the scenes negotiation going on.
What, are you really going against Obama?
LCNLin

United States

#979487 Sep 9, 2013
steve richards wrote:
<quoted text>
you weren't there, you don't know squat, Doorknob.
And your were there supporting Syria?
LCNLin

United States

#979488 Sep 9, 2013
steve richards wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying dumbass, Bush had a coalition of 30 countries. How many times have you been passed around the back rooms of congress?
No weapons of mass destruction

Prevented this

#979489 Sep 9, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Saw clips of it. While Kerry is emphasizing an "unbelievably small strike", Assad is saying we will destroy you.
It's the pettiness on the part of this administration to keep repeating it would be a "limited" strike just to prove something when there are powerful forces ready to play hard ball.
That's the danger here that most people aren't willing to risk.
I did not hear Assad say 'we will destroy you'. I heard him say be prepared for anything. But that is War isn't it?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#979490 Sep 9, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't know how old the father is; however in Florida, a person 65 or older who is a victim of aggravated assault, is a second degree misdemeanor with a minimum sentence of 3 years and $10,000 fine.
Age 65 is not "elderly" and besides, why should the age of the victim matter?

Orlando, FL

#979491 Sep 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Explain why the neocons like McCain and Graham went to meet the rebels And want to support them?
There is a large segment of Syrians who are fighting for their civil and human rights. It's the infiltration of al Qaeda members into certain factions that's unknown.

Videos and information that emerge about the "rebels" acting more like terrorists is why there are reservations among most.

Ironically, the same democrats - Pelosi and Kerry - who wanted to meet Assad and develop an international relationship just a few years ago are the ones ready to fire the tomahawks themselves at Syria under his regime.

Prevented this

#979492 Sep 9, 2013
<quoted text>
I got the feeling that Charlie Rose is misinformed about the Mo Bro Hoodies also. Why would anyone care if Asad's father got rid of all of them? The United States should get rid of the Mo Bro Hood here also.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#979493 Sep 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Explain why the neocons like McCain and Graham went to meet the rebels And want to support them?
They want to become DemoKKKrats.
Warning

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#979494 Sep 9, 2013
Stop the racism here, you white blowhards.

Prevented this

#979495 Sep 9, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Assad is a brutal man and a liar.
However, attacking a country in the middle of a civil war where the opposing side is mostly terrorist groups requires a multinational action to ensure the chemical weapons were secured. It was estimated this would take 75,000 boots on ground.
So really who is more brutal?

Prevented this

#979496 Sep 9, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Putin's main interest in Syria is the U.S. not having any influence in the region.
This administration knew about the chemical weapons in Syria long before it got to this point.
Putin's main interest in Syria is commerce. The warm water ports.

Prevented this

#979497 Sep 9, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Age 65 is not "elderly" and besides, why should the age of the victim matter?
IT didn't matter when they shot the 107 year old.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#979499 Sep 9, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course Putin is interested in weakening the US

But, to poo poo his interest in manipulating and controlling terrorist groups would be single minded.

Obama two years ago should have been building his collation. Why?
Ask him and Hilary. It was a diplomatic failure on their part.

Orlando, FL

#979500 Sep 9, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I did not hear Assad say 'we will destroy you'. I heard him say be prepared for anything. But that is War isn't it?
I was reading between the lines and comparing Kerry's "unbelievably small strike" to Assad saying the U.S. should "expect every action" in response to a Syrian strike reminding the U.S. that his government is "not the only player in this region".

Enter Iran, Russia and China. And a possible retaliation by Israel. And the possibility of WWIII.

Orlando, FL

#979501 Sep 9, 2013
Warning wrote:
Stop the racism here, you white blowhards.
Get over yourself and join the 21st century by moving on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 30 min welcome home 50,029
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 69,490
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Who 46,993
Grocery Coupon and saving your pennies 1 hr Susan 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr WelbyMD 178,583
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr PEllen 98,344
A short math question. I will reply with answer... 5 hr Whats the Bulb An... 8

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]