Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#979110 Sep 9, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Russia says it will push Syria to relinquish control of chemical weapons
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_ea...
Obama Adminstration just lied again today in the Press Conference saying that chemical weapons haven't been used since World War One and we all know they were used by Iraq on Iran in the 1980's which the US knew about and had no problems with the use of them then so there is really no big deal except other reasons which the Obama Adminstration isn't telling.

CIA Files Show U.S. Played Role in Iraq’s Chemical Attacks on Iran
By Margaret Hartmann

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/08/...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#979111 Sep 9, 2013
Today: "Kerry didn't really mean what he said but we're seriously considering Putin's response to it."
WOW

Bronx, NY

#979112 Sep 9, 2013
FACTS NOT OPINIONS Four Questions for Supporters of a Strike Against Syria
Simple Context Questions
Ask anyone still thinking of supporting an attack on Syria to explain why the U.S. started supporting the Syrian opposition years before any uprising had occurred there.
And ask them to explain why 4-Star General Wesley Clark was told – right after 9/11 – that Pentagon officials planned to attack 7 countries in 5 years … including Iraq, Libya and Syria:

I had been through the Pentagon right after 9/11. About ten days after 9/11, I went through the Pentagon and I saw Secretary Rumsfeld and Deputy Secretary Wolfowitz. I went downstairs just to say hello to some of the people on the Joint Staff who used to work for me, and one of the generals called me in. He said,“Sir, you’ve got to come in and talk to me a second.” I said,“Well, you’re too busy.” He said,“No, no.” He says,“We’ve made the decision we’re going to war with Iraq.” This was on or about the 20th of September.

So I came back to see him a few weeks later, and by that time we were bombing in Afghanistan. I said,“Are we still going to war with Iraq?” And he said,“Oh, it’s worse than that.” He reached over on his desk. He picked up a piece of paper. And he said,“I just got this down from upstairs”— meaning the Secretary of Defense’s office —“today.” And he said,“This is a memo that describes how we’re going to take out seven countries in five years, starting with Iraq, and then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and, finishing off, Iran.”
WOW

Bronx, NY

#979113 Sep 9, 2013
Four Questions for Supporters of a Strike Against Syria
And ask them why this planning of regime change in Syria and 6 other countries started by 1991 at the latest:

It came back to me … a 1991 meeting I had with Paul Wolfowitz.

In 1991, he was the Undersecretary of Defense for Policy – the number 3 position at the Pentagon. And I had gone to see him when I was a 1-Star General commanding the National Training Center.

And I said,“Mr. Secretary, you must be pretty happy with the performance of the troops in Desert Storm.”

And he said:“Yeah, but not really, because the truth is we should have gotten rid of Saddam Hussein, and we didn’t … But one thing we did learn [from the Persian Gulf War] is that we can use our military in the region – in the Middle East – and the Soviets won’t stop us. And we’ve got about 5 or 10 years to clean up those old Soviet client regimes – Syria, Iran, Iraq – before the next great superpower comes on to challenge us.”
Whatever

Gering, NE

#979114 Sep 9, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Obama adminstration just lied and said that Chemical Weapons havent been used since world war one and we know that isn't true which the US set back and left Iraq gas the Iranian's.
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/08/...
The last known use of gas- known to be a CW- was in 1988 by Hussein against his own people.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#979115 Sep 9, 2013
WOW wrote:
What Is Driving the U.S.?
The U.S. in Syria (and everywhere else) does not proceed from human rights. The rulers of the U.S. have never been, and are not now, motivated by a desire to act against atrocity, or to “prevent genocide.” At this moment they are giving at least passive approval to the torture and slaughter of opponents of the pro-U.S. regimes in Egypt and Bahrain.
Nor is the U.S. moving into what all understand to be a risk-fraught situation (for them) because “our presidents like nothing more than to flip a few cruise missiles at other countries, combined with a few bombing sorties for good measure, because it’s a hell of a lot easier than actual statecraft.” Or because “if we pull the trigger on Syria, someone will get paid handsomely.”(See “War on Syria: Twenty Pounds of Stupid in a Ten-Pound Bag” by William Rivers Pitt, Truthout August 27, 2013.) As if the never-ending wars, oppression, suffering, and death the U.S. has brought to every corner of the planet—on the basis of which it has “risen” to be the world’s sole superpower—were caused by politicians who were too lazy to engage in “statecraft,” or politicians corrupted by the arms industry. Such “analysis” leaves people utterly in the dark as to what is behind the U.S. moves to attack Syria, and unable to see or act in the interests of the people of the world.
The Middle East is a pivotal region for the whole world—economically and geopolitically—and the U.S. has dominated it since WW2. Everything it has done and continues to do is based on maintaining and deepening that domination. Right now the region is in tremendous upheaval—the old arrangements that “held things together”(for the imperialists and local butchers) have come under increasing strain and in some cases begun to disintegrate, and there is a massive scramble by all kinds of forces. These include rivals like the Russians, who back Assad; “friendly” imperialists like the French, who back the rebels; all kinds of local butchers; etc. And, painfully, there is no coherent progressive force acting within this mix.
This is a bloodletting which at this point is driven by a reactionary scramble for influence. In this, it seems increasingly apparent that the U.S. calculation is that they MUST project force in this situation lest they lose credibility. At the same time, there are indications that the U.S., or some within the ruling class, is arguing that, as one ruling class analyst, Edward N. Luttwak put it,“In Syria, America loses if either side wins.” Luttwak wrote:
Ooh-ooh-ooh another prolific writer with a PhD and not much else.

Did you author that piece, did Luttwak or did someone else?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#979116 Sep 9, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Another right whiner looking to blame teachers because his kids are dumbasses - just like their old man. Its called hereditary.
The dumbass is you, weasel. Did Bush "Abandon" Afghanistan?

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#979117 Sep 9, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>.. as opposed to the commie loving right wing nuts!
An oxymoron to try and make a point......priceless.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#979118 Sep 9, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Another right whiner looking to blame teachers because his kids are dumbasses - just like their old man. Its called hereditary.
No one mentioned ALL teachers. Over reaction.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#979119 Sep 9, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
John Kerry - the guy who fought in Vietnam and then was against it who later was for the war in Iraq before he was against it who was against military action in Syria last Fall during a Presidential Election before he became SOS and is now for it.
He's also for legalizing all the drugs in his possession, too, I suppose.
Breaking news today that Obama/Kerry position on Syria has created a breakthrough on Russia re-engaging itself to convince Assad to give up his chemical weapons to international monitoring control. If this was the only good outcome of the Obama Administration pressure threat to strike at Assad's chemical weapons delivery infrastructure then I'd say it was a success of huge importance for peace in the region. "Syria's foreign minister says his country welcomes Russia's proposal for it to place its chemical weapons under international control and then dismantle them quickly to avert U.S. strikes.

The statement from Walid al-Moallem came a few hours after U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said Syrian President Bashar Assad could resolve the crisis surrounding the alleged use of chemical weapons by his forces by surrendering control of "every single bit" of his arsenal to the international community by the end of the week."
Article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/09/russ...

I don't doubt that this "alternative" was one of the things talked about in President Barack Obama and Russian leader Putin's last meeting. I wish that the two superpower leaders can agree to go further and tackle the deeper climate change roots to the growing ferocity of Middle East conflicts too. If anyone has doubts that climate change has played a significant role in the growing Arab Spring upheavals , mass street protests , and conflicts between splintered political factions just needs to read Eric Zencey's brilliant essay,

http://www.utne.com/environment/valuing-ecosy...
utne.com

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#979120 Sep 9, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Parents are the first line to education for sure, however education is not the same as indoctrination and teaching to the test instead of the information.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#979121 Sep 9, 2013
The lily,realdave,yeah,sonicfilth, leosana are the Bullies on the page since the begining the insult anyone that doesnt agree with them they have no respect for others thought and they have been wrong about obama from day one if you go back to the start of this thread 5 years ago they are not inclusive,the do not tolerate any opinion but their own a democratic dictatorship use hollywood as an indicator of things to come harry belafonte is a fraud what did the war do in viet nam, korea,iraq,darfur,sudan,we are the worlds KILLER like it or not America has become the worlds Biggest HUMAN RIGHTS Violator forwarded by THE LIBERAL DEMOCRAT PHONIES AND OBAMA
WOW

Bronx, NY

#979122 Sep 9, 2013
If obama was about hope and change what are the people hoping for and the change never came we use bush to justify obamas actions that says it all no change no hope the people on both sides of the aisle have been played again as the democrats and the klan were played with the civil rights passage

United States

#979123 Sep 9, 2013
Obama trying to look different than Bush!!! LOL!!!

See? Liberals think they know better!!!

But they are brain dead hypocrites!!!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#979124 Sep 9, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
nope. Reagan gave Saddam chemical weapons. it was not Carter or Clinton.
Reagan gave Saddam ready to use ordinance as well as the recipes for the good stuff. It was likely the US supplied ordinance that was used against the Kurds__the sht actually worked as opposed the crap Saddam attempted to make years later.

On that note much of the Rusky and ChiCom sht that has been furnished to "dicktaters" over the years was pure junk that did nothing beyond enrich generals, defense ministers and the like.

That's why those fks are the first to defect.

United States

#979125 Sep 9, 2013
Liberals promise they will kill less children and women than Bush!!

See? Liberals are brain dead hypocrites.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#979126 Sep 9, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Ooh-ooh-ooh another prolific writer with a PhD and not much else.
Did you author that piece, did Luttwak or did someone else?
No I just stayed at a Holiday inn Express with a sexy Latina oohh oohh ohhh but my oooooooooos were orgasmic yours lolololhahahahaha just cant touch the FACTS NOT EMOTIONS not Racial Pride just joe Friday
Whatever

Gering, NE

#979127 Sep 9, 2013
Just because-

Van Gogh painting worth millions discovered in Norwegian attic

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetell/2013/09/...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#979128 Sep 9, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>It's obama who wants to start World War III, NOT Carter, NOT Reagan, NOT Clinton, NOT Bush....
What a dumbass! Who elected this ass clown obama??
It's the culture...
The sky is falling!

The sky is falling!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#979129 Sep 9, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
No one mentioned ALL teachers. Over reaction.
lol! As opposed to say, a lie son?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chicago a model city 6 min Just me 6
Father Of Hans Peterson Speaks Out (Oct '07) 1 hr Getagrip 44
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Boy G 50,587
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr casting director 98,497
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Frank 179,261
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr Eric 69,964
Birth mother 3 hr It is me 3
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs