Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1276978 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Whatever

Gering, NE

#979515 Sep 9, 2013
steve richards wrote:
<quoted text>
seems the idiotic , drooling Oblama supporters have forgotten how our "peace" prize winning president was going to "talk" to all these nutjobs, eliminating the need for conflict.
When's he talking to Assad?
Someone wondered if Putin intervening to prevent a war would the Peace Prize POTUS would make him a candidate for one too.

Before you scoff, remember they gave one to Yasser Arafat.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#979516 Sep 9, 2013
Sen. John McCain was not a fan of Secretary of State John Kerry’s remarks Monday in London that intervention in Syria would be “unbelievably small,” calling it unhelpful.

“Kerry says #Syria strike would be “unbelievably small”- that is unbelievably unhelpful,” McCain (R-Ariz.) tweeted Monday.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#979518 Sep 9, 2013
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to mention giving them a play-by-play advantage.
Assad will still be in power and the chemical weapons will still be in Syria.

It's only going to trigger retaliations by those who have more power than Assad.

Of course, chemical weapons can't be tolerated in a civilized world. But a limited strike isn't going to scare anyone or change anything. And the world seems more than happy to sit back and see what happens.

So what's the point?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#979519 Sep 9, 2013
Norway’s centre-right opposition has claimed victory in parliamentary elections, ending eight years of centre-left rule and making Erna Solberg all but certain to be the oil-rich country’s new prime minister.

With 90 per cent of votes counted, the four centre-right parties had 96 seats against 72 for the current centre-left coalition; 85 are needed for a majority.

The results mark a decisive rightward shift in the Nordic country of 5m inhabitants where more than a decade of oil wealth is raising questions of how to spend that money.

“This is a historic result. It is the first time in 24 years that we have a Conservative prime minister,” Jan Tore Sanner, deputy leader of the Conservatives, told the Financial Times.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#979521 Sep 9, 2013
The House bill to delay Obamacare’s individual mandate would save $35 billion dollars, according to a Congressional Budget Office analysis.

After the Obama administration revealed it would not enforce the employer mandate — a requirement that large companies provide their employees health insurance — until January 2015, the House quickly passed a measure that would not only codify that delay, but put off the individual mandate by one year as well.

The CBO found that just a one-year delay of the individual mandate would save $35 billion over ten years.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#979523 Sep 9, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone wondered if Putin intervening to prevent a war would the Peace Prize POTUS would make him a candidate for one too.
Before you scoff, remember they gave one to Yasser Arafat.
Obama will receive another Nobel Peace Prize for averting war with Syria.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#979524 Sep 9, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Assad will still be in power and the chemical weapons will still be in Syria.
It's only going to trigger retaliations by those who have more power than Assad.
Of course, chemical weapons can't be tolerated in a civilized world. But a limited strike isn't going to scare anyone or change anything. And the world seems more than happy to sit back and see what happens.
So what's the point?
There is no point, Obama has given Syria plenty of time to hide their chemical weapons-we don't stand a chance of finding and or destroying them.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#979525 Sep 9, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
The chance of obama attacking without congressional approval and UN backing are nil. His tiny window of opportunity has slammed shut, tighter than a drum...
Still, I don't put it past him to try. And when it doesn't produce the results that he wants, it will be Bush's fault.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#979527 Sep 9, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Sen. John McCain was not a fan of Secretary of State John Kerry’s remarks Monday in London that intervention in Syria would be Yasser Arafat calling it unhelpful.
“Kerry says #Syria strike would be “unbelievably small”- that is unbelievably unhelpful,” McCain (R-Ariz.) tweeted Monday.
Given that it is amusing that the new spin is Putin blinked due to this "unbelievably small" threat.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#979529 Sep 9, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>your president is a war monger...
and the world laughs at him
russia said he was like a chimp with a hand grenade LOOOL!
I'm a pedophile, can I tongue ur ballz?
lol! So that's what YOUR president said about mine eh ruskie?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#979531 Sep 9, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee libtard, long was from Chicago aren't you Wilhelm?
You ISP station is pretty close to Bumpass, now isn't it?
Baawwaaaahhhh!!!!!
Idiot.
lol! Oh lookie! It's the foreigner!!!!
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#979532 Sep 9, 2013
<quoted text>
I believe that action would trigger impeachment proceedings, so I doubt it will happen....
He will never be impeached-that would be "racist".
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#979533 Sep 9, 2013
Waxman wrote:
What? No vote tomorrow in the Senate to support this weak president?
Baawwaaahhhh!!!!
lol! Doesn't matter to you mr. for-eign-er!!!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#979534 Sep 9, 2013
Waxman wrote:
Hmmmm.....
What happened to the last weak president, Jimmy Carter?
He's still alive son.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#979535 Sep 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Its almost as quiet as the day GZ was acquitted. I can hardly wait for the midterm elections....:-)
lol! That's what right wing idiots said about 2012...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#979536 Sep 9, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been called worse.
Keep trying:>
lol! I'm sure you have.

.... by you!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#979537 Sep 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Give it up dooooooshbag; its all over for your new war over nothing. Putin bitch-slapped baruck again. Are you a little slow on the uptake?
lol! poor little wolfie.

getting whipped!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#979538 Sep 9, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee wiz. That's gratitude for ya....after I've been paying for your Welfare Cheese all these years...
lol! I guess they do tax your welfare, eh?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#979539 Sep 9, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if TPM realized this was unfavorable to unions or if they posted it anyway tricking their readers into thinking this was a blow to the entirety of the "right to work" law.
I wonder if you'll ever find those declaration of wars?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#979540 Sep 9, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
...still a declaration of war.
??????????

Maybe in your country son...

... just not in America.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Rogue Scholar 05 196,944
last post wins! (Apr '13) 5 min Hatti_Hollerand 523
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 19 min Red_Forman 6,432
Word (Dec '08) 22 min Red_Forman 5,427
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Prince Reebus 100,645
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr The Fact Is 54,543
Ask Amy 9-1-15 5 hr Mrs Gladys Kravitz 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages