Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1252410 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

LCNLin

United States

#979488 Sep 9, 2013
steve richards wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying dumbass, Bush had a coalition of 30 countries. How many times have you been passed around the back rooms of congress?
No weapons of mass destruction

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#979489 Sep 9, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Saw clips of it. While Kerry is emphasizing an "unbelievably small strike", Assad is saying we will destroy you.
It's the pettiness on the part of this administration to keep repeating it would be a "limited" strike just to prove something when there are powerful forces ready to play hard ball.
That's the danger here that most people aren't willing to risk.
I did not hear Assad say 'we will destroy you'. I heard him say be prepared for anything. But that is War isn't it?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#979490 Sep 9, 2013
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how old the father is; however in Florida, a person 65 or older who is a victim of aggravated assault, is a second degree misdemeanor with a minimum sentence of 3 years and $10,000 fine.
Age 65 is not "elderly" and besides, why should the age of the victim matter?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#979491 Sep 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Explain why the neocons like McCain and Graham went to meet the rebels And want to support them?
There is a large segment of Syrians who are fighting for their civil and human rights. It's the infiltration of al Qaeda members into certain factions that's unknown.

Videos and information that emerge about the "rebels" acting more like terrorists is why there are reservations among most.

Ironically, the same democrats - Pelosi and Kerry - who wanted to meet Assad and develop an international relationship just a few years ago are the ones ready to fire the tomahawks themselves at Syria under his regime.

Prevented this

#979492 Sep 9, 2013
<quoted text>
See if you can listen to the entire interview. Assad did not say that, but, he did offer an explanation of what has been happening in Syria for 2 and 1/2 years that was enlightening. I maintain we should stay out, let him kill the Al Quaeda rebels. I think there is a brhnd the scenes negotiation going on.
I got the feeling that Charlie Rose is misinformed about the Mo Bro Hoodies also. Why would anyone care if Asad's father got rid of all of them? The United States should get rid of the Mo Bro Hood here also.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#979493 Sep 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Explain why the neocons like McCain and Graham went to meet the rebels And want to support them?
They want to become DemoKKKrats.
Warning

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#979494 Sep 9, 2013
Stop the racism here, you white blowhards.

Prevented this

#979495 Sep 9, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Assad is a brutal man and a liar.
However, attacking a country in the middle of a civil war where the opposing side is mostly terrorist groups requires a multinational action to ensure the chemical weapons were secured. It was estimated this would take 75,000 boots on ground.
So really who is more brutal?

Prevented this

#979496 Sep 9, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Putin's main interest in Syria is the U.S. not having any influence in the region.
This administration knew about the chemical weapons in Syria long before it got to this point.
Why did this president wait until the last minute to rally support?
Putin's main interest in Syria is commerce. The warm water ports.

Prevented this

#979497 Sep 9, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Age 65 is not "elderly" and besides, why should the age of the victim matter?
IT didn't matter when they shot the 107 year old.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#979499 Sep 9, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Putin's main interest in Syria is the U.S. not having any influence in the region.
This administration knew about the chemical weapons in Syria long before it got to this point.
Why did this president wait until the last minute to rally support?
Of course Putin is interested in weakening the US

But, to poo poo his interest in manipulating and controlling terrorist groups would be single minded.

Obama two years ago should have been building his collation. Why?
Ask him and Hilary. It was a diplomatic failure on their part.

Orlando, FL

#979500 Sep 9, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I did not hear Assad say 'we will destroy you'. I heard him say be prepared for anything. But that is War isn't it?
I was reading between the lines and comparing Kerry's "unbelievably small strike" to Assad saying the U.S. should "expect every action" in response to a Syrian strike reminding the U.S. that his government is "not the only player in this region".

Enter Iran, Russia and China. And a possible retaliation by Israel. And the possibility of WWIII.

Orlando, FL

#979501 Sep 9, 2013
Warning wrote:
Stop the racism here, you white blowhards.
Get over yourself and join the 21st century by moving on.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#979503 Sep 9, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>So really who is more brutal?
Who has repeatedly fought against and attacked us?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#979505 Sep 9, 2013
One point that needs to be made, but rarely if ever mentioned, is that in the supposed rationale for US attack on Syria to avenge/prevent claimed civilian deaths by government gas attacks, the US government itself has used similar weapons openly as recently as the FBI/ATF attack on the Branch Davidian compound near Waco Texas in the spring of 1993.

76 men, women and children died in this senseless military style assault which used highly lethal military CS gas as a primary weapon. CS is not a nerve agent and it doesn’t in normal concentrations cause immediate death. But it is highly flammable, persistent and designed to incapacitate targets by causing massive biological reactions including inability to breathe, massive tearing in the eyes, nose bleeds, etc.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#979507 Sep 9, 2013
O'Donnell went cray-cray on Weiner. Not fan of either one of them. But, acting like a jerk for ratings places O'Donnell as the loser.

Weiner was blind sided much like Paula Deen was by Matt Lauer.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#979508 Sep 9, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Putin's main interest in Syria is commerce. The warm water ports.
Forgot this and why he was so negative about the US intervention.

Orlando, FL

#979509 Sep 9, 2013
<quoted text>
See if you can listen to the entire interview. Assad did not say that, but, he did offer an explanation of what has been happening in Syria for 2 and 1/2 years that was enlightening. I maintain we should stay out, let him kill the Al Quaeda rebels. I think there is a brhnd the scenes negotiation going on.
I think Iran and Russia are sharpening their arrows just waiting for the first tomahawk to drop in Syria.

They aren't threatening retaliation for sport.

I personally think they're salivating for Obama to initiate that "unbelievably small" and "limited" strike.

And he's playing right into their hands.

Orlando, FL

#979510 Sep 9, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt stated it the way it is.
Yes, he did.

Orlando, FL

#979511 Sep 9, 2013
steve richards wrote:
<quoted text>
seems the idiotic , drooling Oblama supporters have forgotten how our "peace" prize winning president was going to "talk" to all these nutjobs, eliminating the need for conflict.
When's he talking to Assad?
The big question is if this is going to be "unbelievably small", why go in at all?

That's what I'd like to know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min Dr Guru 192,509
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr PEllen 99,923
aggy-6-30-15 6 hr Kuuipo 21
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr ritedownthemiddle 54,003
Amy 7-6-15 8 hr mrs gladys kravitz 3
Abby 7-6-15 8 hr mrs gladys kravitz 4
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 hr Ariel Sharon 70,151
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages