Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
898,941 - 898,960 of 1,101,669 Comments Last updated 11 min ago

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#978722 Sep 8, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
By 284 A.D., Rome had diluted the value of their gold and silver coins by mixing the precious metals with less valuable metals like copper because of too much government spending. It took more and more coins to buy the same goods.)Prices continued to soar and merchants could not reap a profit, so even more shops closed. More and more citizens gave up and accepted welfare. One-fifth of the population lived on free-wheat handed out by the Roman government.
Rome would not even accept its own currency in taxes.
We're not to that point yet but sounds too familiar.
Not since the disintegration of the Soviet Union in 1991, and prior to that the fall of France in 1940, has there been so swift an erosion of the world influence of a Great Power as we are witnessing with the United States.

What is more worrisome than the fact that the United States has an inadequate president, is that the public still accords the incumbent a significant degree of support. If the American people, who have responded to intelligent leadership so often within living memory, has become so morally obtuse that it buys into this flimflam, the problem is more profound than I imagined.

http://www.nysun.com/foreign/collapse-of-amer...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#978723 Sep 8, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO. " ProCon.org ", seriously? Do actual research for a change. Bush went to WAR with only three allies....Britain, Australia and Poland. Look it up, Dumbo.
Good grief

You are wrong

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-500257_162-544517...

Prevented this

#978724 Sep 8, 2013
Whatever wrote:
OMG OMG--you can't give official papers and expect the liberal to be able to count.:)

She told you--she can only count to three....no matter what!
LCNLin

United States

#978725 Sep 8, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
By 284 A.D., Rome had diluted the value of their gold and silver coins by mixing the precious metals with less valuable metals like copper because of too much government spending. It took more and more coins to buy the same goods.)Prices continued to soar and merchants could not reap a profit, so even more shops closed. More and more citizens gave up and accepted welfare. One-fifth of the population lived on free-wheat handed out by the Roman government.
Rome would not even accept its own currency in taxes.
We're not to that point yet but sounds too familiar.
happy to see you are back from aliens... to 284 AD.
LCNLin

United States

#978726 Sep 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is proceeding like a madman despite lopsided opposition by Congress and the American people.
President Obama has responsibility for the United States.
You troll, a major difference?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#978727 Sep 8, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Congress gave Bush the authority to use military force.
But, as you said, you must have missed that.
lol! That's not what I said I missed. But I guess it does help you make your case!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#978729 Sep 8, 2013
Whatever wrote:
lol! Still missing that Dow son.

Did you LIE???
LCNLin

United States

#978730 Sep 8, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Not since the disintegration of the Soviet Union in 1991, and prior to that the fall of France in 1940, has there been so swift an erosion of the world influence of a Great Power as we are witnessing with the United States.
What is more worrisome than the fact that the United States has an inadequate president, is that the public still accords the incumbent a significant degree of support. If the American people, who have responded to intelligent leadership so often within living memory, has become so morally obtuse that it buys into this flimflam, the problem is more profound than I imagined.
http://www.nysun.co collapse-of-american-power-rec alls-dis/88400/
Another hate America first post?
Name a country better than the U S A!

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#978731 Sep 8, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Congress gave Bush the authority to use military force.
But, as you said, you must have missed that.
"Carol"
I will be tied up in the AM so here is Happy Birthday Wish. Enjoy your 56th. Have a grate day.
Peace
Lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#978732 Sep 8, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Another hate America first post?
Name a country better than the U S A!
They love the Russians!!
LCNLin

United States

#978735 Sep 8, 2013
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
They love the Russians!!
Seems so
Lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#978736 Sep 8, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
In watching the first part of a documentary about bin Laden, the Taliban and 9/11, it started out in the 1980s when we helped the Afghans run off the Russians - one of the biggest contributions was a kind of weapon courtesy of the CIA that blew Russian helicopters out of the sky.
How can we forget how significant the Russians are in the equation when it comes to terrorism and how the targeting of America by the same Afghans we once helped to kill Russians then became the Taliban and put us in their crosshairs?
Russia has always been an adversary and even standing against us against terrorism, but it just dawned on me that the same terrorists who targeted us on 9/11 killed Russians with OUR help.

There's a direct connection here that is subtly overlooked?
So why are you rightwingers cheering on the Russians? You're so sick itch hate against he Preident of your own country that you applaud that killer Putin? Seriously?
Lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#978737 Sep 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
lily beating the Obama jungle drums for war in Syria...
Reading compression problems?

Prevented this

#978739 Sep 8, 2013
<quoted text>
So why are you rightwingers cheering on the Russians? You're so sick itch hate against he Preident of your own country that you applaud that killer Putin? Seriously?
It really is quite amazing to see the revival of anti-Russian sentiment coming, this time around, from the ostensible "left." What happened to you guys...O'bama lost your 'reset' button?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#978740 Sep 8, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Not since the disintegration of the Soviet Union in 1991, and prior to that the fall of France in 1940, has there been so swift an erosion of the world influence of a Great Power as we are witnessing with the United States.
http://www.nysun.com/foreign/collapse-of-amer...
The government has run amok. It can't manage itself and there is more waste than we can even imagine.

If it weren't for the Feds keeping the economy afloat, we'd be in much bigger trouble. But the Catch 22 is the Feds are pulling back and plan to stop the presses next year.

We elected, perhaps, the most inexperienced and incompetent president twice in one of the worst possible times in our history. But it's not who we elect but who elects them.

And why I agree with you. We're at a crossroads, and if the left continues to pull the rest of the country down the wrong path, there may no turning back.

It's the liberal media who is the biggest threat to our republic.

Orlando, FL

#978741 Sep 8, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"Carol"
I will be tied up in the AM so here is Happy Birthday Wish. Enjoy your 56th. Have a grate day.
Peace
Can't believe you actually remembered my birthday's tomorrow. I'll be 62, but thank you so much.

Orlando, FL

#978742 Sep 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Who is cheering on the Russians? I really have no idea who you're talking about.
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#978743 Sep 8, 2013
Federal Government Treasonously Using Our Money To Support Al-Qaeda Linked Syrian Rebels Beheading Christians

Sept. 8, 2013

Orlando, FL

#978744 Sep 8, 2013
Honest Ron wrote:
<quoted text> That is because you are not educated . What you believe and what are facts are two different things . Get the picture ! The whole Bush Family are crooked . Even Jebs Mexican wife was busted at the Atlanta Ga Airport for smuggling $19,000 goods into America . GET A EDUCATION ! They are all crooked .
I have never read or heard anyone say anything about any of this besides you and except, perhaps, conspiracy theorists who believe GWB was responsible for bringing down the Twin Towers.

Please tell me you don't believe that too.

Orlando, FL

#978745 Sep 8, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
happy to see you are back from aliens... to 284 AD.
Extra-terrestrials have been here long before 284 A.D. But glad to be back. Busy weekend.

Right in the middle of watching a Netflix documentary about near death experiences now though. Be back when it's over.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 min RACE 97,980
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 17 min observer 49,511
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 43 min LRS 177,531
CHICAGO: 5-Dead, 42-Wounded In the 2014 Labor D... 55 min YOUNG BLACK KILLERS 1
Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs (Jun '09) 2 hr OPERATION BID RIG 109,598
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr litesong 46,382
Abby 9-2 3 hr Pippa 11
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info