Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Nov 11

United States

#979051 Sep 9, 2013
IRAN wrote:
It will work no better there than in Iran, Egypt, Iraq, or Afghanistan. History tells us that Muslim nations have never long remained democracies. But history also teaches us that man learns nothing from history.

Finally, the World Council of Churches recently issued a statement condemning Israel. The WCC authoritatively pronounced Jerusalem “an occupied city with a government which has adopted discriminatory policies against Christians and Muslims alike.”

The WCC also says that “Christian Zionism distort[s] the interpretation of the Word of God and the historic connection of Palestinians — Christians and Muslims — to the Holy Land….” I’m not sure where the WCC gets its information, but I can tell you two things: when they complain about Christian Zionists’ wrong interpretation of the Bible, they have to mean that we take the Bible as literally true and authoritative — while they do not.

Second, when they seek justification by referring to “Palestinian Christians” more than once, they’re being disingenuous. The truth is that Christians are a very small minority in the Palestinian areas and they are often persecuted by the Palestinians. But in Israel, Christians are accepted and respected. And it’s infinitely better to be a Muslim in Israel than a Jew or Christian in any Arab or Muslim country.

And the WCC laughably refers to “the historic connection of Palestinians… to the Holy Land….” The Palestinians, as a people, have only existed for a few decades (invented by Yasser Arafat and his cronies) while Israel’s historic connection to the land must be measured in millennia.

When these phony Christians condemn the “intolerance” of the most tolerant, open, and accepting society in the Middle East, they reveal more about themselves than about Israel.

Israel fights every day to survive. Remember how you felt when you first heard about the bombings at the Boston Marathon? Three died. That feeling is a regular part of Israeli life. From 2001 to 2006, there were 441 terrorist attacks that claimed 1,161 Israeli lives and injured more than 8,600 others.

The World Council of Churches says the way to peace is for Israel to withdraw to its “1967 borders.” But the terrorists and the Palestinians say this won’t satisfy them. They won’t be satisfied until Israel is annihilated from the face of the earth. For radical Muslim leaders (are there any others?), the problem is not what Israel does, it’s that Israel exists.

The Bible is very specific about what will happen to those who mistreat or abuse His people. Whether you are a Muslim who hates Israel or a Christian who has so allegorized the Word of God that you think you can be against Israel and get away with it, you will not. God keeps His word. Don’t think He’ll not keep it now.

I pray that you’ll have a happy Fourth of July. Take a few moments to express your gratitude to God for the blessings of this wonderful country. We are, without doubt, the most blessed people on earth. Take time, too, to make certain the young ones in your family hear the story of our founding and understand how truly privileged we are.

God bless the United States of America.
"When these phony Christians condemn the “intolerance” of the most tolerant, open, and accepting society in the Middle East, they reveal more about themselves than about Israel."

Worth repeating!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#979052 Sep 9, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>The US has a credibility problem thanks to a man child obama and his lies.
It's the culture...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#979053 Sep 9, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! I've lost my mind again I see!
It's the culture...

United States

#979054 Sep 9, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like factories, fracking, mining, emissions from coal generating plants?
And you use electricity from coal right now at your home, HYPOCRITE!!!

See? All liberals are brain dead hypocrites.

United States

#979055 Sep 9, 2013
"When these phony Christians condemn the “intolerance” of the most tolerant, open, and accepting society in the Middle East, they reveal more about themselves than about Israel."

Worth repeating!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#979056 Sep 9, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So... I can't found those documents yet son? I mean, just to prove I weren't lying and all....
It's the culture...
WOW

Bronx, NY

#979057 Sep 9, 2013
The Foundation of the democrats is RACISM AND BIGOTRY so as a victim or as victimzer they are wrapped in racism and bigotry first black president not 44 funny he is as much black as he is white and he was raised in a white enviorment thats fact not bigotry so what makes him black an old jim crow democratic rule one drop and it is embraced by the DEMOCRATIC party no matter what race they are they all submit to the ONE DROP RULE NOW THATS RACISTS AND BIGOTTED

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#979058 Sep 9, 2013
I mean, really, folks.

If George Bush or John McCain or Mitt Romney had threatened Syria not to cross a red line and then after they did said "I didn't say it! Congress and the world said it!", conservatives would have wanted to hide in shame.

But you libs aren't even embarrassed just a little?

United States

#979059 Sep 9, 2013
Obama would has never won if the Liberal media would had told the truth about his intentions.

But they were to busy destroying Sarah Palin and Herman Cain.

A women and a black man.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#979060 Sep 9, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
Be sure you all watch me make a fool out of myself tomorrow. My speech is tomorrow night!
I am not a crook!
Your friend,
Barry!
Obama and a Bee Hive...

All obama wants to do is lob a rock at the hive to terrorize the hive, then hope they don't swarm and attack..

It's the culture...

United States

#979061 Sep 9, 2013
Obama goes play golf after
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#979062 Sep 9, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! I obviously have no clue of events back then.
But don't worry. It's not like I live there and all... oops!
It's the culture...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#979063 Sep 9, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>According to Condi Rice, bushie boy had them at 'battle stations.'
So your assertion that the United States wasn't ready is a lie...
... unless Condi Rice is lying.
Besides, it's her word against your opinion.
You didn't answer the question.

Do you not see how a failed strike in Syria could set off the trigger fingers in that region?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#979064 Sep 9, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, yeah...whatever happened to that big stick?
(Probably threw it under the bed when he started taking the heat for that red line comment and denying it was HIM who said it.)
Just look at Obama - a picture is worth a thousand words:

http://jerseynut.blogspot.com/2011/05/young-o...

Nuff said.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#979065 Sep 9, 2013
Opposition to Syrian Airstrikes Surges

Over just the past week, the share of Americans who oppose U.S. airstrikes in Syria has surged 15 points, from 48% to 63%, as many who were undecided about the issue have turned against military action.

http://www.people-press.org/2013/09/09/opposi...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#979066 Sep 9, 2013
Kennedy diary...

RFK...

Al Sharpton has done more damage to the black cause than [segregationist Alabama Gov.] George Wallace. He has suffocated the decent black leaders in New York, he says.His transparent venal blackmail and extortion schemes taint all black leadership.

http://nypost.com/2013/09/09/diary-bombshell-...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#979067 Sep 9, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
Worth repeating!
Agree. The media is corrupt. Dan Rather was forced to leave, but now the media has completely become corrupt. 2nd debate, Candy Crowley. Brazen liars now.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#979068 Sep 9, 2013

Syria positive about giving up chemical weapons

12:13 pm - Foreign minister says Syria welcomes Russia's proposal for it to surrender control and dismantle its chemical weapons to avert U.S. strikes. Full story
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#979069 Sep 9, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
I mean, really, folks.
If George Bush or John McCain or Mitt Romney had threatened Syria not to cross a red line and then after they did said "I didn't say it! Congress and the world said it!", conservatives would have wanted to hide in shame.
But you libs aren't even embarrassed just a little?
One will never embarrass or shame a deranged liberal....

It's the culture...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#979070 Sep 9, 2013
Help us Democrats...

those evil rich guys are not paying their fair share...

"Now it's the 43 percent: Fewer paying no income tax"

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101015065

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 15 min Analog man 5,905
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 min ritedownthemiddle 52,848
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 50 min TRD 69,685
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 55 min Jacques in Orleans 187,300
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr Red_Forman 5,202
Ask Amy 4-25-15 7 hr Kuuipo 2
Dear Abby 4-25-15 10 hr PEllen 1
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]