Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1396173 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#979088 Sep 9, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer the question.
Do you not see how a failed strike in Syria could set off the trigger fingers in that region?
After what bushie boy did in iraq?

No.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#979089 Sep 9, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>One will never embarrass or shame a deranged liberal....
It's the culture...
lol! You're still playing the fool!
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#979090 Sep 9, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Idiot responds idiotically. I must assume you meant "bet," but it does promote the obvious: you'd be a week's (not weeks)pay for a part-time, minimum wage slave. Since you're an SSI leech, I'm also assuming you take more drugs than you can count without assistance.
That's all ya got nitwit. The Spelling Police routine?

ROTFLAMO!!!!

Has your shrink prescribed Prozac or Seroquel for you?
WOW

New York, NY

#979091 Sep 9, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Idiot responds idiotically. I must assume you meant "bet," but it does promote the obvious: you'd be a week's (not weeks)pay for a part-time, minimum wage slave. Since you're an SSI leech, I'm also assuming you take more drugs than you can count without assistance.
lolololohahahahaha Idiot notice all the globalist obama supporters have the same hloier than thou you should just listen to them because they are gods voice on earth lily, realdave, sonicfilth,yeah, they have the same in common with obama they like to dictate and hear their own voice must be nice looking in the mirror all day in their world
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#979092 Sep 9, 2013
leosnana wrote:
Are you a teacher or not?

How many students of yours have been accepted into a Ivy League University?

Post the avg scores of the SAT of the students you have taught.
Post the avg scores of the ACT of the students you have taught.

Post the Graduation rates of the students you have taught.

Thanks...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#979093 Sep 9, 2013
Realtime wrote:
Put some curly hair on Assad and the sumbitch looks like gene wilder.
Naw, looks more like Anthony Weiner for sure.
WOW

New York, NY

#979095 Sep 9, 2013
A U.S. attack on Syria will push things in a worse direction. It will bring death and suffering in its own right. And it will further polarize the terms of things whereby the reactionary Assad regime can pose as standing up to imperialism, where Iran and the forces it influences may well respond, and where a whole range of reactionary forces, including Israel, might step up their involvement in the war in Syria, or launch other attacks elsewhere in the region. Any U.S. attack on Syria is bound to intensify the whole terrible spiral in the country and the region.

And the situation will be all the worse to the extent people buy into the logic of who cares what’s behind it, any intervention can’t be a bad thing right now. Here a painful but critical lesson can be drawn from recent events in Egypt: many people supported the army’s move against the Muslim Brotherhood due to the Brotherhood’s repression, without analyzing WHY the army was moving. Then, when the consequences of that support became clear, including the political freedom that this gave the army to carry out slaughters and try to nail down an even tighter version of Mubarak-ism, oppositional forces and the people in general found themselves either unable to act effectively or so far gone ideologically that they were now in the army’s pocket ideologically as well as politically.

The only way for something positive to emerge in Syria is for people to oppose both sides in this conflict—actively. And for people in the U.S., which has brought such great misery to the planet, the challenge is to oppose “our own” empire.

The U.S. has brought nothing but exploitation, environmental ruin, impoverishment, and oppression to the whole Middle East. Any military assault by the US on Syria, no matter the pretext, must be OPPOSED with determined political protest in the US. And to the extent that happens, it can contribute to creating a pathway breaking out of the whole terrible set of “choices” confronting the people of Syria and beyond and to bringing forward a whole other way—a real revolutionary alternative.

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#979096 Sep 9, 2013
More of Pres Obama's you will know me by the company I keep stuff...

"13 Democrats Charged With Embezzling $16 Million In Federal Grants For AIDS Charities And Other Needy Programs! Rev. Wright Daughter Among Those Charged"

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/09/13-de...
WOW

New York, NY

#979097 Sep 9, 2013
Obama they dont need you anymore your shelf life is due and your secrets will start to come out in order to make way for the new tyrant obamas presidency will end as Nixons and the bigots will say it was because he was black he will confess to the american people that he lied about everything and the bigots will not believe because they will say they did it because he was black he will say he was born in kenya and the bigots will say it was the only way a black man could be president and you might say what about herman caine they will say awww he a tom but he is a honest American it wont matter to the plantation voter why because flying for birds is normal racism for slaves is normal
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#979098 Sep 9, 2013
Half Of America Wants To Impeach Obama, According To Impeachable Polling Outfit

Big news this week from WorldNetDaily, America's pre-eminent source of far-right fringe theories and weird scams: about half of America would like to see Obama impeached, including a lot of Democrats. Yeah, sure, you may have heard that Obama's overall approval ratings have held steady after this past week of scandal reporting, but look between the lines, dude. Unskew the numbers, maaaaan!

....more importantly, how reliable is Wenzel Strategies? That's like asking, "How reliable are these six meth-tweakers I found in a mud hole, handed a pile of tin cans and a calculator, and told that they were now a polling organization?" But don't take my word for it, let's go to the scoreboard:[Long list of failure.]

So, the bottom line is that if Wenzel Strategies says that things are looking up for you, you are probably lying unconscious behind the abandoned bowling alley.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/21/obam...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#979099 Sep 9, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Russia says it will push Syria to relinquish control of chemical weapons
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_ea...
Obama adminstration just lied and said that Chemical Weapons havent been used since world war one and we know that isn't true which the US set back and left Iraq gas the Iranian's.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/08/...
WOW

New York, NY

#979100 Sep 9, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
millions?
like the millions who go to tea party rallies?
like the Millions that turned up in DC to hear him speak lolololhahaha like the millions that turned up in Berlin to hear him speak this year lolololhahahaha like the millions who are telling him not to kill innocent women and children syria like he did in libya
WOW

New York, NY

#979101 Sep 9, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>After what bushie boy did in iraq?
No.
Bush makes obama look like Bush
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#979102 Sep 9, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
millions?
like the millions who go to tea party rallies?
You ghetto folk are all the same... Better Tea Party any day then Ghetto...

It's the culture...
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#979103 Sep 9, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! I'm still playing the fool!
It's the culture...
TSM

El Paso, TX

#979104 Sep 9, 2013
Lavrov could help Obama ‘ Save Face’ Lavrov who just wrapped a round of talks in Moscow with Syrian counterpart Walid al-Moallem asked if Assad agree on placing chemical weapons storage sites under international control, but also on its subsequent destruction and fully joining the treaty on prohibition of chemical weapons," would this be acceptable and would Obama agree?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#979105 Sep 9, 2013
Kerry gives Syria one week to get rid of CW

State Dept." Kerry's Syria statement was "rhetorical and hypothetical."
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#979106 Sep 9, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
nope. Reagan gave Saddam chemical weapons. it was not Carter or Clinton.
It's obama who wants to start World War III, NOT Carter, NOT Reagan, NOT Clinton, NOT Bush....

What a dumbass! Who elected this ass clown obama??

It's the culture...

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#979107 Sep 9, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a teacher or not?
How many students of yours have been accepted into a Ivy League University?
Post the avg scores of the SAT of the students you have taught.
Post the avg scores of the ACT of the students you have taught.
Post the Graduation rates of the students you have taught.
Thanks...
Another right whiner looking to blame teachers because his kids are dumbasses - just like their old man. Its called hereditary.
Voluntarist

United States

#979109 Sep 9, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>wasn't it good enough for bushie boy son?
I will not tolerate this hypocrisy from liberals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Buster Steinbeizer 216,990
True BRILLIANCE and so correct. 2 min ROTTEN Fascists 4
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 min litesong 60,155
Word (Dec '08) 17 min boundary painter 6,427
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 18 min boundary painter 8,916
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 22 min boundary painter 2,714
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 25 min boundary painter 1,687
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 36 min CrunchyBacon 102,543

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages