Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1263836 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#978424 Sep 8, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Well goooooollly there Frankie boy, yer a genius.
you axed him huh?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#978425 Sep 8, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>we added jobs without ever subtracting the jobs lost from added to get the real total. I am sure you are smart of enough to know that.
You don't understand "net"?
Frank

Spokane, WA

#978426 Sep 8, 2013
A young girl shot herself to death at Yellowstone Yellowstone National Park on Saturday morning.
According to a statement from the National Park Service, a woman called 911 on Saturday morning and told dispatchers that her daughter had shot herself with a handgun at the Grant Village Campground.
Emergency medical staff attempted resuscitation, but were unsuccessful and the girl later died.
Did the little girl blame it on Bush?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#978427 Sep 8, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL! You're the stupid women who called women "femi-nazis", or maybe it was the other dittohead, can't keep track of all you morans, you all say the same shyt.
Confused as usual, I didn't post that comment.

But, rant on....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#978428 Sep 8, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
McDonald's sells the most meals of any restaurant so their food must be the best.
You should be familiar with the fallacy of large numbers.
Your comparison with Carney is weak and irrelevant to fact of her retardedness.
You are entitled to your opinion.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#978429 Sep 8, 2013
Russia's immigrant population is second only to that of the United States, with an estimated 11 million immigrants living within its borders. The large annual influx of laborers (known as gastarbeiters) has intensified the fear that ethnic Russians are being overtaken in their own country -- a fear that has been inflamed by state officials and media outlets that frequently depict immigrants as lawless threats to public health and safety. Public opinion polls published by the independent Levada Center in July indicate that immigration is now the greatest concern for 55 percent of Muscovites (up from 37 percent in 2007). Nationwide, fully 69 percent of Russians thought that the presence of migrants in their city or region was "excessive," according to another recent Levada poll.
Against this backdrop, Moscow Mayor Sergei Sobyanin -- who has close ties with President Vladimir Putin -- launched an explicit program of ethnic profiling in which police have targeted non-white individuals, demanding to see their identification documents. The raids quickly spread beyond the capital; those unable to produce documentation up-front -- including at least several asylum seekers and others with legal residence permits -- have been detained and are awaiting deportation after token hearings.
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2013/09...
Did you notice how the Russians emulate our republicans and their extremist knuckleheads. LOL we have been invaded by the Russians and we just call them republicans. Hmmm.. does that qualify republicans as illegal immigrants ? LOL

Location hidden

#978430 Sep 8, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Hello? Hello? Earth to whatever....
Have you found the documentation to support your claims?
Or did you lie again?
I know, I know ... I'm as bad as anyone about calling them liars when in fact they're usually just arguing from uninformed positions.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#978431 Sep 8, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
Its well understood in spite of the rabid foxes trying to the hype of WWIII. Scenarios. If it were republican; Yes then we would have something to be fearful of. They have demonstrated through out history how they like to spread their imperialistic objectives by invading adjoining nations. Providing us with wars with no exit strategy. Vietnam and Afghanistan. All for the glory of filling their military coffers.
Obama has demonstrated on several occasions Restraint and success. Osama Ben Laden, Libya, Egypt all the while pulling us from the brink of financial disaster. Republicans 1929 Great Depression took 13 years to clean up the republican mess. Republicans Great Recession of 2008 took Obama less than two years to bring that slide to a stop into finical oblivion and estimates conclude full recovery by 2018. Now there are those here that have faith in the failure of the republicans??? Illuminates them for what they are.. Obama has stated; Paraphrasing;
Let us NOT fight their civil war. Only chastise those that make blatant breaches of the code of ethics of war. Contain ONLY outburst of Bio, Chemical , Nuclear attacks with LIMITED reprimands of the guilty party. No Boots on the ground and No American lives to be lost. Its their civil war. They earned it and are now rewarding themselves with the consequences of their irresponsibility.
That does not allow them to break the law by expanding proliferation of Weapons Of Mass Destruction upon our planet.
Now of the two just with whom do I have faith in? In spite of what the losers spew forth
No Brainier there.. I can understand the confusion of the losers, after all they are limited in intelligenceÖ. Thatís why they are so proficient in their dysfunctional existence.
Another history illiterate.

Look up what party was in power at beginning of WW I and WW II

Location hidden

#978432 Sep 8, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem couldn't possibly be that you are reading the stats wrong?
Here is a source that explains them in lay terms
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/six-points-t...
Did you actually read that? Did you understand it? Do you realize it has absolutely nothing to do with your argument?

Go here and start your education:

bls.gov

Prevented this

#978433 Sep 8, 2013
First the Kremlin went after the gays. Now it's the "blacks."
BY ANNA ALEKSEYEVA | SEPTEMBER 5, 2013
High profile incidents of violence propagated by "blacks" -- as North Caucasians and immigrants are sometimes derogatorily called -- have seeped into the public consciousness and fueled the anti-immigrant fury. One such incident occurred 2006, when a brawl broke out at a restaurant in the northern Russian town of Kondopoga between a group of ethnic Russians and a gang of Chechens, allegedly called to the restaurant by its Azeri owner to settle a dispute. The Chechens arrived brandishing baseball bats and knives, and by the end of the night two Russians had been killed and dozens gruesomely injured. In the aftermath of the incident, riots broke out in Kondopoga, as ethnic Russians stormed the streets to avenge the killings.
Not long after the Kondopoga riots, in 2007, the Russian government passed a package of immigration reforms, which instituted the first quotas for immigrant workers in the country's post-Soviet history.
But while incidents like the Kondopoga restaurant brawl assist officials in fomenting public fears with talk of immigrants' rising crime rates (the vast majority of these crimes, by the way, are non-violent crimes like forging documents), the country's neo-Nazi and radical nationalist movements have flourished, making the lives of Russian immigrants ever more dangerous.
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2013/09...
I know I know lily... you libs won't be satisfied until every immigrant and terrorist is let into the United States. Peace and Rainbows spread by the O'bama minions.

Prevented this

#978434 Sep 8, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand 'net' but that isn't what you were posting up.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#978435 Sep 8, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Really you need to read this article that explains BLS numbers.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/six-points-t...
TSM

El Paso, TX

#978436 Sep 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Dana Perino manages the show, one of the most highly rated shows on cable TV.
Compared to Jay Carney, Perino is a genius who understood that the function of a Press Secretary is to present facts and not to argue policy.
I agree, but I didnít think anyone could be as worse at Press Secretary than Gibbs but I was wrong Carney takes Top Dog Honors!! Carney needs to put down the Comic Books!!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#978437 Sep 8, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, I know ... I'm as bad as anyone about calling them liars when in fact they're usually just arguing from uninformed positions.
LOL

You are supporting a moron whose whole argument against Dems were in power during WW I, WW II, Viet Nam etc is no one provided him with the Declarations of War.

Carry on, it is only your credibility that you are challenging.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#978438 Sep 8, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Raw jobs numbers can be deceiving when the numbers are insufficient to keep up with population growth and the percentage employed continues to decline.

Location hidden

#978439 Sep 8, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
I post a list of wars started under a Dem POTUS
This turkey, rather than countering the argument with proof that it was inaccurate or a list of Rep wars...
thinks this a brilliant and logical counter point.
I think his point is that you don't have a coherent definition of "war" since you confused your own point by including Syria with Korea, Vietnam, etc. If you include a possible Syria then you need to include a whole host of other military actions of which many are owned by Republicans.

The first step is realizing that someone is unclear or uninformed and its not everybody BUT you.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#978440 Sep 8, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you actually read that? Did you understand it? Do you realize it has absolutely nothing to do with your argument?
bls.gov
Oh silly me "payroll employment" -the stat- would not include everyone who is employed and does not come from the largest cutter of payroll checks in America.

Really, you cannot start with BLS because you do not understand what the numbers are saying.

Location hidden

#978441 Sep 8, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I understand 'net' but that isn't what you were posting up.
A reported 169k increase in payroll employment is a net figure. What DO you people know or understand? That'll be a lot shorter than listing what you don't know.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#978442 Sep 8, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Let me throw some smoke in and maybe I-Tenzing- can confuse the issue?
You MISINTERPRETED what the original source said is the issue.
Math is hard
"Whatever"
What do expect from "dumos"?
He is a liar
He is a wife beater
He is a liberal loon
His specialty is MISINTERPRETING
Peace
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#978443 Sep 8, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
bls.gov
Obama slashes proposed military pay raise

Despite the US Congress sending to the White House a pay raise for the Uniformed Services in keeping with the formula utilized the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), Barack Obama has decided to bypass Congress and almost halve the recommended 1.8 percent hike for the military, as reported by the right-of-center news portal the Cybercast News Service on Sept. 3, 2013.

http://www.examiner.com/article/obama-slashes...

Obama is gonna start World War III. What a dumbass! Who elected this ass clown??

It's the culture...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 27 min jh4freedom 194,546
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 39 min Nathan 54,357
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr Mister Tonka 100,298
Ask Amy July 31 5 hr Julie 6
abby7-31-15 8 hr mrs gladys kravitz 5
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 10 hr Mark 52,069
Amy 7-30-15 12 hr Mister Tonka 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages