Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
898,141 - 898,160 of 1,079,017 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I have some news, Stevie. Sadam used chemical weapons in the late 80's & Obama was not President.
Maybe you should ask Reagan why he did nothing.
Obama is gonna start World War III. What a dumbass!

Why are you such an idiot and whiner? A 66 years old man like you should know better DumbDave...

It's the culture...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
We were allied more with Iraq after what happened in Iran back then, different era libtard.
Now it's not an issue because under Obama, we have no allies as he is the laughing stock of the international community, Reichtard.
Obama has deliberately pulled the rug out from under the US allies. It wasn't even a blunder.

This is the same as Carter turning against the Shah of Iran and permitting the threat Iran is today due to something he didn't like that occurred in the 1950s.

Both are blind ideologues who think people should be punished for foggy reasons that clear thinking people cannot grasp.

No one in Mid East trusts Obama. His actions are that of a Mad man.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Your husbands name is Larry? And he's fat? Talk about a double whammy. Sux to be you
Almost as bad as it would suck to be your husband for sure.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't know about that.
Scores Of Children to Be Disappointed When Grandparents Give Them Rush Limbaugh’s Book
Rush Limbaugh’s white haired army of senility has rushed to Amazon to pre-order his children’s book, thus insuring that a wave of disappointment will sweep across American kiddom this holiday season.
There are a lot of great books you could give a child for their birthday or Christmas, but the historically inaccurate ramblings of college dropout former drug addict who is trying to make sure that Little Jimmy never passes social studies isn’t one of them.
The childhood trauma associated with getting this book could turn your grandbabies into same sex marriage supporting, atheistic Democrats. They will never forget their disappointment, and they will take out their frustration by rejecting everything that you and Rush Limbaugh stand for.
There is about to be an epidemic of disappointment sweeping the country this holiday season, as Rush Limbaugh’s book is about to replace a lump of coal as a child’s least favorite gift.
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/09/06/scores...
Good grief, no wonder the Left is loosing steam.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Your husbands name is Larry? And he's fat? Talk about a double whammy. Sux to be you
You are absolutely pathetic and a dummy lily...

It's the culture..
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

MAD DOG BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Just curious, do you think that Obama was the first black president because before people only wanted a white president.
Deep thoughts
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't know about that.
Scores Of Children to Be Disappointed When Grandparents Give Them Rush Limbaugh’s Book
Rush Limbaugh’s white haired army of senility has rushed to Amazon to pre-order his children’s book, thus insuring that a wave of disappointment will sweep across American kiddom this holiday season.
There are a lot of great books you could give a child for their birthday or Christmas, but the historically inaccurate ramblings of college dropout former drug addict who is trying to make sure that Little Jimmy never passes social studies isn’t one of them.
The childhood trauma associated with getting this book could turn your grandbabies into same sex marriage supporting, atheistic Democrats. They will never forget their disappointment, and they will take out their frustration by rejecting everything that you and Rush Limbaugh stand for.
There is about to be an epidemic of disappointment sweeping the country this holiday season, as Rush Limbaugh’s book is about to replace a lump of coal as a child’s least favorite gift.
Idea for children's history book title

" I Came, I Saw, I Skedaddled: Decisive moments in Barack Obama history"
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

The Bush Burden

He’s there in every corner of Congress where a microphone fronts a politician, there in Russia and the British Parliament and the Vatican. You may think George W. Bush is at home in his bathtub, painting pictures of his toenails, but in fact he’s the biggest presence in the debate over what to do in Syria.

His legacy is paralysis, hypocrisy and uncertainty practiced in varying degrees by those who want to learn from history and those who deny it. Let’s grant some validity to the waffling, though none of it is coming from the architects of the worst global fiasco in a generation.

Time should not soften what President George W. Bush, and his apologists, did in an eight-year war costing the United States more than a trillion dollars, 4,400 American soldiers dead and the displacement of two million Iraqis. The years should not gauze over how the world was conned into an awful conflict. History should hold him accountable for the current muddy debate over what to do in the face of a state-sanctioned mass killer.

Blame Bush? Of course, President Obama has to lead; it’s his superpower now, his armies to move, his stage. But the prior president gave every world leader, every member of Congress a reason to keep the dogs of war on a leash. The isolationists in the Republican Party are a direct result of the Bush foreign policy. A war-weary public that can turn an eye from children being gassed — or express doubt that it happened — is another poisoned fruit of the Bush years. And for the nearly 200 members of both houses of Congress who voted on the Iraq war in 2002 and are still in office and facing a vote this month, Bush shadows them like Scrooge’s ghost.

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/09/...

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't know about that.
That's just a little harsh coming from someone who never thought about writing a book, much less doing it. The lump of coal you talk about. I saw it given once...to my Grandfather as a joke. I suppose if it was given to you, there would be weeping and gnashing of teeth....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

There are people on the public stage who have genuinely agonized over lessons of the Bush disaster. They say, with some conviction, that they will never be fooled again.

But for all of these neocons stuck on the wrong side of history — Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, John Bolton, say the names loud and clear — it’s not a change in conscience at work; it’s a change in presidents. Later this month, dozens of Republicans in Congress will make the same decision, simply because they hate Obama, and would oppose him if he declared Grandmother Appreciation Day.

The voice that stands out most by his silence, the one that grates with its public coyness, is Bush himself. He has refused to take a side in the Syrian conflict. The president, he said,“has a tough choice to make.” Beyond that,“I refuse to be roped in.”

This is cowardice on a grand scale. Having set in motion a doctrine that touches all corners of the earth and influences every leader with a say in how to approach tyrants who slaughter innocents, Bush retreats to his bathtub to paint.

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/09/...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Microsoft is the industry leader in backdoor access to Govt - everyone is vulnerable

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>That's just a little harsh coming from someone who never thought about writing a book, much less doing it. The lump of coal you talk about. I saw it given once...to my Grandfather as a joke. I suppose if it was given to you, there would be weeping and gnashing of teeth....
I found some candy coal that I gave to my son for Christmas.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost as bad as it would suck to be your husband for sure.
lily's hubby...

http://mije.org/sites/default/files/imagecach...

It's the culture...

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has already stated that he intends to intervene in Syria.
Listen to his words and not to the media spin.
The American people will reward the House for standing up to the fool Obama, who will plunge in regardless of the vote.
You are the one listening to the media spin. I HAVE been listening and Obama has said nothing about going against Congress if they turn him down...even though he has the legal right to do so. I imagine he is probably regretting his decision to take this issue to Congress in the first place. Let's face it...the House has never supported the President.

Obama's decision to consult Congress to placate public opinion has merely complicated matters. I expect if Congress votes down Obama, it will open the door for further chemical weapons attacks which Congress will have to shoulder as a result of their actions. That's fine with me as I expect other countries to take action even if the U.S. doesn't.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

SYDNEY/CANBERRA (Reuters)- Australia's conservative leader Tony Abbott swept into office in national elections on Saturday as voters punished the outgoing Labor government for six years of turbulent rule and for failing to maximize the benefits of a now fading mining boom.

Abbott, a former boxer, Rhodes scholar and trainee priest, promised to restore political stability, cut taxes and crack down on asylum seekers arriving by boat.

"From today I declare that Australia is under new management and Australia is once more open for business," Abbott told jubilant supporters in Sydney.

Abbott, 55, built up a strong opinion poll lead on the back of promises to rein in government spending, scrap an unpopular tax on carbon emissions, and stop the flow of refugee boats arriving in Australia's northwest.

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Rand Paul is a winner and the DemoKKKrats have no candidate.
Anybody associated with the Obama administration will be poison.
I agree with Lily, I hope Rand Paul is the Republican candidate. It will guarantee another political circus and a certain Republican loss. I'm not sure who is worse, Sarah Palin or Rand Paul but it will be entertaining.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Good grief, no wonder the Left is loosing steam.
so have you pre-ordered your copy? you can help create even more democrats by giving copies to all the little kids that you lure to your house. Rush probably even gives a discount for a case of them for people who have the same 'hobby' as he does.

just kidding. you've probably never even been to the Dominican Republic.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I have some news, Stevie. Sadam used chemical weapons in the late 80's & Obama was not President.
Maybe you should ask Reagan why he did nothing.
...because Reagan was smarter than Obama.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
We haven't been told what the objective is. We know the strike won't be aimed at taking out Assad or the chemical weapons. Obama made that clear. We know the strike will be "very limited" even though innocents will be killed.
So if Assad walks out of the ashes with his chemical weapons still intact and if the strike ends up killing civilians and pissing off Iran, Russia and China, what's the friggin' objective?
Which actually points to the more OBVIOUS scenerio, being--we cannot "bomb" chemical weapons. Period.

Therefore, what is the objective at all if "No boots on the ground"?

More Benghazi type LIES to America seems to be the only logic behind the irrationality of it all.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually when you poll on individual provisions of the ACA like Guaranteed issue, extended family coverage, elimination of lifetime caps, insurance rebates and so on they have majority support. It's the individual mandate that drags the whole thing down but it's the only way that things like covering those with pre existing conditions and eliminating the cap work. The only other option is single payer.
In other words, people like free lunch, but don't want to pay for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 24 at 3:20AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000