Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
898,121 - 898,140 of 1,101,222 Comments Last updated 2 min ago
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#977818 Sep 7, 2013
There are people on the public stage who have genuinely agonized over lessons of the Bush disaster. They say, with some conviction, that they will never be fooled again.

But for all of these neocons stuck on the wrong side of history — Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, John Bolton, say the names loud and clear — it’s not a change in conscience at work; it’s a change in presidents. Later this month, dozens of Republicans in Congress will make the same decision, simply because they hate Obama, and would oppose him if he declared Grandmother Appreciation Day.

The voice that stands out most by his silence, the one that grates with its public coyness, is Bush himself. He has refused to take a side in the Syrian conflict. The president, he said,“has a tough choice to make.” Beyond that,“I refuse to be roped in.”

This is cowardice on a grand scale. Having set in motion a doctrine that touches all corners of the earth and influences every leader with a say in how to approach tyrants who slaughter innocents, Bush retreats to his bathtub to paint.

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/09/...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#977819 Sep 7, 2013
Microsoft is the industry leader in backdoor access to Govt - everyone is vulnerable

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#977820 Sep 7, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>That's just a little harsh coming from someone who never thought about writing a book, much less doing it. The lump of coal you talk about. I saw it given once...to my Grandfather as a joke. I suppose if it was given to you, there would be weeping and gnashing of teeth....
I found some candy coal that I gave to my son for Christmas.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#977821 Sep 7, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost as bad as it would suck to be your husband for sure.
lily's hubby...

http://mije.org/sites/default/files/imagecach...

It's the culture...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#977822 Sep 7, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has already stated that he intends to intervene in Syria.
Listen to his words and not to the media spin.
The American people will reward the House for standing up to the fool Obama, who will plunge in regardless of the vote.
You are the one listening to the media spin. I HAVE been listening and Obama has said nothing about going against Congress if they turn him down...even though he has the legal right to do so. I imagine he is probably regretting his decision to take this issue to Congress in the first place. Let's face it...the House has never supported the President.

Obama's decision to consult Congress to placate public opinion has merely complicated matters. I expect if Congress votes down Obama, it will open the door for further chemical weapons attacks which Congress will have to shoulder as a result of their actions. That's fine with me as I expect other countries to take action even if the U.S. doesn't.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#977823 Sep 7, 2013
SYDNEY/CANBERRA (Reuters)- Australia's conservative leader Tony Abbott swept into office in national elections on Saturday as voters punished the outgoing Labor government for six years of turbulent rule and for failing to maximize the benefits of a now fading mining boom.

Abbott, a former boxer, Rhodes scholar and trainee priest, promised to restore political stability, cut taxes and crack down on asylum seekers arriving by boat.

"From today I declare that Australia is under new management and Australia is once more open for business," Abbott told jubilant supporters in Sydney.

Abbott, 55, built up a strong opinion poll lead on the back of promises to rein in government spending, scrap an unpopular tax on carbon emissions, and stop the flow of refugee boats arriving in Australia's northwest.

Location hidden

#977824 Sep 7, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Rand Paul is a winner and the DemoKKKrats have no candidate.
Anybody associated with the Obama administration will be poison.
I agree with Lily, I hope Rand Paul is the Republican candidate. It will guarantee another political circus and a certain Republican loss. I'm not sure who is worse, Sarah Palin or Rand Paul but it will be entertaining.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#977825 Sep 7, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Good grief, no wonder the Left is loosing steam.
so have you pre-ordered your copy? you can help create even more democrats by giving copies to all the little kids that you lure to your house. Rush probably even gives a discount for a case of them for people who have the same 'hobby' as he does.

just kidding. you've probably never even been to the Dominican Republic.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#977826 Sep 7, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I have some news, Stevie. Sadam used chemical weapons in the late 80's & Obama was not President.
Maybe you should ask Reagan why he did nothing.
...because Reagan was smarter than Obama.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#977827 Sep 7, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
We haven't been told what the objective is. We know the strike won't be aimed at taking out Assad or the chemical weapons. Obama made that clear. We know the strike will be "very limited" even though innocents will be killed.
So if Assad walks out of the ashes with his chemical weapons still intact and if the strike ends up killing civilians and pissing off Iran, Russia and China, what's the friggin' objective?
Which actually points to the more OBVIOUS scenerio, being--we cannot "bomb" chemical weapons. Period.

Therefore, what is the objective at all if "No boots on the ground"?

More Benghazi type LIES to America seems to be the only logic behind the irrationality of it all.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#977828 Sep 7, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually when you poll on individual provisions of the ACA like Guaranteed issue, extended family coverage, elimination of lifetime caps, insurance rebates and so on they have majority support. It's the individual mandate that drags the whole thing down but it's the only way that things like covering those with pre existing conditions and eliminating the cap work. The only other option is single payer.
In other words, people like free lunch, but don't want to pay for it.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#977829 Sep 7, 2013
What the heck?

OFA-the organization that continues Obama's political campaign -appears to be having problems throwing self behind Syria.

One and only tweet just references to Powers speech to watch

https://twitter.com/OFA/status/37604359825851...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#977830 Sep 7, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>That's just a little harsh coming from someone who never thought about writing a book, much less doing it. The lump of coal you talk about. I saw it given once...to my Grandfather as a joke. I suppose if it was given to you, there would be weeping and gnashing of teeth....
the White Christmas was fine. the Indian Christmas is a lump of coal.

thanks heaps white man.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#977831 Sep 7, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't know about that.
Scores Of Children to Be Disappointed When Grandparents Give Them Rush Limbaugh’s Book
Rush Limbaugh’s white haired army of senility has rushed to Amazon to pre-order his children’s book, thus insuring that a wave of disappointment will sweep across American kiddom this holiday season.
There are a lot of great books you could give a child for their birthday or Christmas, but the historically inaccurate ramblings of college dropout former drug addict who is trying to make sure that Little Jimmy never passes social studies isn’t one of them.
The childhood trauma associated with getting this book could turn your grandbabies into same sex marriage supporting, atheistic Democrats. They will never forget their disappointment, and they will take out their frustration by rejecting everything that you and Rush Limbaugh stand for.
There is about to be an epidemic of disappointment sweeping the country this holiday season, as Rush Limbaugh’s book is about to replace a lump of coal as a child’s least favorite gift.
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/09/06/scores...
Sonic will talk about anything to avoid the embarrassment of Br'er Obama's journey into the briar patch of Syria.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#977832 Sep 7, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Idea for children's history book title
" I Came, I Saw, I Skedaddled: Decisive moments in Barack Obama history"
ok. whatever. as long as you're not talking about elections.[!]
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#977833 Sep 7, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The French were whipped by the Germans in WWII.
It didn't help.
Too bad for you huh, library spammer Galt lol
Whatever

Gering, NE

#977834 Sep 7, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so have you pre-ordered your copy? you can help create even more democrats by giving copies to all the little kids that you lure to your house. Rush probably even gives a discount for a case of them for people who have the same 'hobby' as he does.
just kidding. you've probably never even been to the Dominican Republic.
Yep, if it would make you stop being butt hurt about it.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#977836 Sep 7, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one listening to the media spin. I HAVE been listening and Obama has said nothing about going against Congress if they turn him down...even though he has the legal right to do so. I imagine he is probably regretting his decision to take this issue to Congress in the first place. Let's face it...the House has never supported the President.
Obama's decision to consult Congress to placate public opinion has merely complicated matters. I expect if Congress votes down Obama, it will open the door for further chemical weapons attacks which Congress will have to shoulder as a result of their actions. That's fine with me as I expect other countries to take action even if the U.S. doesn't.
Go back and listen to Obama's speech from August 30, the actual speech and not the media spin. Obama clearly stated that he has made the decision to attack Syria.

Location hidden

#977837 Sep 7, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
On Thursday, Kerry said the U.S. will “have lost credibility in the world” if it does nothing to oppose the use of chemical weapons but also insisted “this is not Iraq.”
To bolster his argument, Kerry said he and Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel both opposed the war in Iraq, despite both actually having voted to authorize force in 2002 when they were both U.S. senators.
See? Liberals are brain dead hypocrites.
I agree that the U.S. will suffer a loss of credibility but the blame will be placed on Congress...not Obama. The world will see him, just as Cameron, as the leader who wanted to do the right thing but whose hands were tied by Congress.

As far as the 2002 authorization, Bush lied...soldiers died. That is the exact reason we should not be rushing into anything.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#977838 Sep 7, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with Lily, I hope Rand Paul is the Republican candidate. It will guarantee another political circus and a certain Republican loss. I'm not sure who is worse, Sarah Palin or Rand Paul but it will be entertaining.
After the Mid East foreign policy disaster, maybe you need to stop the bluster and concern yourself with who is your candidate.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 min STEFANO COLONNA 69,069
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 30 min Jonah1 49,460
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 45 min SpaceBlues 46,365
2 teens critically wounded in South Side shooting 1 hr wow 2
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 68,395
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 177,517
Laser Weapon 500mW Green Dazzler 3 hr Use this on you 1
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search