Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1264152 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#978192 Sep 7, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
What is irritating to you lily is that you know in another life she would be your best friend.
Ummm.. NO way!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO way.

I know WAY better than that lol.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#978193 Sep 7, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
When a man gets pregnant, I will support his right to have an abortion.
The father should have a say in the murder of his child.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#978194 Sep 7, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Very smart move__companies such as IBM were able to attract top notch employees with promises of "free" benefits for life. Who knew that administrating benefits would come to be so damned difficult/costly when those promises were made.
So, let's extend that to government employees, including the military.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#978195 Sep 7, 2013
Whatever wrote:
226 "no" or "leaning no" in House on Syria resolution. 25 "yes".
If this is accurate, why all the rhetoric and posturing?

Just vote and then let the boy defy Congress.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#978196 Sep 7, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm.. NO way!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO way.
I know WAY better than that lol.
LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#978197 Sep 7, 2013
steve richards wrote:
NOW: "This kind of attack is a challenge to the world. We cannot accept a world where women and children and innocent civilians are gassed on a terrible scale. This kind of attack threatens our national security interests by violating well-established international norms against the use of chemical weapons.... If we are saying in a clear and decisive but very limited way, we send a shot across the bow saying,'Stop doing this,' that can have a positive impact on our national security over the long term." — Remarks at meeting with Baltic leaders, Aug. 30, 2013.

What, if anything, did president Trayvon say about Saddam gassing the Kurds?
That is exactly what the Bush administration said!!! WOW!!!

But he was a Republicans and all wars had always being started by a Republican a Liberal told me!!!

See? All Liberals are brain dead hypocrites.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Westerville, OH

#978201 Sep 7, 2013
steve richards wrote:
Nobel peace prize? Can they take it back?

"Now, as commander in chief of a world superpower, his rhetoric of the past is being tested by the reality of today as he presses Congress to allow the United States to launch a military strike against the regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad, over the objections of most major U.S. allies."
And Assad did NOT used chemical weapons Rebels DID to blame Assad!!!

And Obama, ex-Muslim Brotherhood member himself, fell for the trap!!!

Remember this: once it is clear it was not Assad but the Muslim Brotherhood Al Queda military branch who did it, then they will blame the intelligence community as if Bush were still president.

See? All Liberals are brain dead hypocrites. War loving, children and women collateral damage is fine now, hypocrite Liberals!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Westerville, OH

#978202 Sep 7, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>We haven't been told what the objective is. We know the strike won't be aimed at taking out Assad or the chemical weapons. Obama made that clear. We know the strike will be "very limited" even though innocents will be killed.

So if Assad walks out of the ashes with his chemical weapons still intact and if the strike ends up killing civilians and pissing off Iran, Russia and China, what's the friggin' objective?
To blame Bush!!!

See? Liberals are brain dead hypocrites.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Westerville, OH

#978203 Sep 7, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>Grayson pretty much called Obama a liar and a fool.

He doesn't just disagree with the decision, but thinks the intel is bogus.

Appears to be a solid "no" vote no matter what Obama says.
So?

No matter what Congress says, the Peace Nobel prize recipient will go to war!!!

No matter what, the peace loving Liberal will kill innocent children and women as collateral damage, but the media will not report the body count and they did to Bush.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Westerville, OH

#978204 Sep 7, 2013
Jose, do you want a war in Syria?

Polls show that a vast majority of Americans oppose President Obama’s plan to drag America into Syria’s civil war.

But that hasn’t stopped him. Obama has asked Congress to authorize a potentially limitless war. And the vote may happen next week. Americans don’t want this war, and we can’t afford this war.

Call your Congressman right now and tell them to vote NO on the resolution to authorize Syrian intervention.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Westerville, OH

#978205 Sep 7, 2013
Do you want a war in Syria?

Polls show that a vast majority of Americans oppose President Obama’s plan to drag America into Syria’s civil war.

But that hasn’t stopped him. Obama has asked Congress to authorize a potentially limitless war. And the vote may happen next week. Americans don’t want this war, and we can’t afford this war.

Call your Congressman right now and tell them to vote NO on the resolution to authorize Syrian intervention.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Westerville, OH

#978206 Sep 7, 2013
We shouldn’t be focused on “red lines” abroad. The President and Congress should focus on the “red lines” at home. ObamaCare is ruining the fragile economic recovery. The national debt is close to $17 trillion. And the NSA is violating the Constitutional rights of innocent, hardworking Americans.

These are the real “red lines.”
Congress is back in session next week. And they will decide whether we are going to war with Syria.

Now is the time to act.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#978207 Sep 7, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Well ...I do.(and I've always known that..BIG difference!!):-)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#978208 Sep 7, 2013
steve richards wrote:
<quoted text>
More of your dishonesty and dissembling, got anything relevant to my post?
You were the one blaming Obama for doing nothing when Sadam used poison gas. Stevie, I just pointed out how GD dumb you are.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#978209 Sep 7, 2013
August tally for Chicago

53 Homicides, 224 Wounded

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Gettysburg, PA

#978210 Sep 7, 2013
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude,
I figured you out! You drew straws...and lost!
So now you have to come on here and be the annoying idiot!
I mean...what else could it be?
Why would the US care about air pollution n China?? Ummmmmm let me think.

This is how GD dumb you are.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#978211 Sep 7, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
So, are you saying you think you should have voted for McCain?
Those on the anti-war side view him as Obama Jr with the exception of threatening to impeach Obama if he puts boots on the ground-we see very little difference.
If McCain had won in 2008, and did every thing exactly the same as Obama,the Democrats would never have let him get away with the lies and corruption that Obama has been able to get away with and our country would be in a completely different situation even though McCain would have let the Democrats have everything they wanted.

Gettysburg, PA

#978212 Sep 7, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbass Dave needs to pay a premium to get employees to put up with his a-hole attitude.
They really hate that I care about their well being & families & treat them as assets to the company.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#978216 Sep 7, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama still did not say he would proceed with military action if Congress votes "No". He may, he may not. Wait and see.
..."Im also mindful that Im the President of the worlds oldest constitutional democracy. Ive long believed that our power is rooted not just in our military might, but in our example as a government of the people, by the people, and for the people. And thats why Ive made a second decision: I will seek authorization for the use of force from the American peoples representatives in Congress."
"...all of us should be accountable as we move forward, and that can only be accomplished with a vote."
http://historymusings.wordpress.com/2013/08/3...
The United States is a Constitutional Republic NOT A DEMOCRACY! Why is O'bama so stupid? Many people, including the jackass O'bama, are under the false impression our form of government is a democracy, or representative democracy. This is of course completely untrue. The Founders were extremely knowledgeable about the issue of democracy and feared a democracy as much as a monarchy. They understood that the only entity that can take away the people's freedom is their own government, either by being too weak to protect them from external threats or by becoming too powerful and taking over every aspect of life. Isn't that where we are today? O'bama the Constitutional law scholar, is no doubt, a lie. But then again what's one more lie for O'bama?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#978217 Sep 7, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
No matter what Congress says, the Peace Nobel prize recipient will go to war!!!
No matter what, the peace loving Liberal will kill innocent children and women as collateral damage, but the media will not report the body count and they did to Bush.
Probably true...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Jacques Ottawa 194,654
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IBdaMann 54,341
News Lollapalooza day two marked by angst, apathy-an... 4 hr chimpcago 1
Please SUBSCRIBE to my YOUTUBE channel for awes... 5 hr The Cloud 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr CrunchyBacon 100,287
News Fatal heat wave 20 years ago changed Chicago's ... 10 hr No8isClassic 8
Can't these people do better? 10 hr Magonigol 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages