Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 44,872)

Showing posts 897,421 - 897,440 of1,078,757
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
Well, someone went and done it again. So here's the same post just to annoy my little judge-it.
He gave that man in a wheelchair his undivided attention and listened to his every word bending down to his eye level until he heard the entire story about his condition. He exchanged dialogue with him showing obvious empathy for his illness even though many other people were standing around waiting to shake his hand.
The issue of medical marijuana was not as understood or accepted in 2007 as it is today. Romney was put in a position of either having to spend a considerable amount of time debating this controversial issue with this one man or stating his stance on legalizing marijuana - medical or otherwise - while expressing his empathy and leaving it at that. It was not the time or place for anyone to ask a politician such a loaded question.
A lot of people at that time thought using marijuana for medicinal purposes was just an excuse to legalize it. Politicians "working a room" rarely, if ever, get into a political debate over a controversial issue with one person in the room.
Romney, I'm sure, considered it a "gotcha" question and wasn't going to tell the man something he couldn't promise or back up after being put in that compromising position.
If he was against legalizing marijuana, he couldn't very well say he personally would not have anyone arrested for breaking the law.
People's opinion about medical marijuana have changed with more information and education over the years. If asked the same question today, Romney might have had a completely different answer.
Romney responded no differently than any other politician when asked a "no win" question working a crowded room. For all we know, the man in the wheelchair could have been a plant.
In California, using marijuana for medicinal purposes had become a farce. Everyone had some kind of medical issue and prescriptions were being handed out like candy. Marijuana stores were on every street corner.
(It's more fun to re-post the longer ones.)
Meh, one way the other it makes it easier to find posts to read.

But, joining the parade.

Stocks fall sharply on reported Putin comment

Putin Says Russia To Assist Syria In Case of External Attack

Russian war ships moving toward Syria

China sending 1000 marines
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you go and join the Russian army you traitor. Favor or not favor, you should still be an American.
News headlines/reality challenges lily's fantasy world.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
We owe our allegiance to our country and NOT to any leader -Ted Roosevelt
America First
We have no idea what kind of country we own our allegiance to anymore.

The liberals' allegiance is to Obama's fundamentally transformed progressive liberalist nation.

The conservatives are still trying to figure out what happened to our fellow countrymen.

We can only hope the present insanity is only temporary.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
The new president of Iran recognizes Israel.
TEHRAN — In an unusual press conference Iran’s new president, Hassan Rouhani, was shown unlabeled maps of Cyprus, Iceland, Israel, and Kansas and asked if he could pick out Israel.

"Its that one, the third from the left" said Rouhani pointing at the correct map of Israel.

The event has sparked interest in the new president as it provides further contrast with his predecessor who once mistook a shoe for the nation of Israel ...

Read more:

Imjustmakingshitup.com

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
The point is this: if Romney wanted to intervene in Syria; you'd all be waving the flag; if he wanted to bomb Iran, you'd be orgasmic.
You're too simple minded to understand the whole concept of the Middle East. You all whined and justified the Iraq invasion; basing it upon his gassing of his own people. What's different now?
You all became doves? or Russian sympathizers?
Uneffing believable.
I am not in support of any war; however, I don't think that we are privy to all of the intel either, nor should we be.
McCain and Graham have met with the rebels; they are pushing for this; they are Republican. So what's the deal?
I am of the mind that if there is to be war, then it should be paid for first and not stick the American people with the bill for years to come.
Israel and Saudi Arabia,Turkey, are pushing for this intervention.
I was too young when the Iraq war happened to know about Sadaam gassing anyone. I had no idea. I wanted our government to bomb any and all moslems after I experienced 9-11. I wanted to get even and wipe them out. Linsay Grahamnesty has been a joke to me. I voted for McCain because of Sara Palin.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>So you want to blame Israel again also. Yes Lily it is Rosh Hasanah-are you wishing me Happy New Year? Believe it or not we don't celebrate Yom Teruah 24/7.
If the O'bama war on Syria is prompted by other countries, why is O'bama taking orders from them? O'bama looking for excuse to blame anyone-he hates Israel like most leftists--back to the 1967 borders. No one is looking to the United States now. O'bama is a doofus.
Have a sweet Rosh Hasanah

lily is having a tough time with headlines/reality that is in conflict with her idealized world.

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
Iran didn't invade Kuwait and didn't rape, torture and kill Kuwaitis. We hadn't gone to war with Iran to drive them out of that country.
Iran didn't unleash chemical weapons on 5000 of his own people.
Iran didn't have mass graves with hundreds of its own citizens buried all over the country.
The UN hadn't given Iran 15 resolutions to come clean about a WMD program with threats of "serious consequences".
The Democrats hadn't passed legislation in 1998 to depose of Iran's leader as a clear and present danger.
Bill Clinton just kissed their butt and they farted in his face.
Oops...meant to say Clinton kissed "North Korea's" butt...and then say they farted in his face.

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama isn't even funny anymore. He is a walking disaster.
his speaking is horrifying. No wonder every one thinks Americans are stupid.
Bernard Forand

Lehigh Acres, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

In the past I have provided numerous numbers of our Inequality within the USA . Numbers can lack visualizing the extent of what they represent Today I will seek to stimulate your visual apprehension of the problem with “The Price Of Inequality” in the USA.
Here we can attack say a tree which we want to dispose of. Many attack the branches where in one attacks at the roots.
Similar to what we have here on this thread. Lets go to the root of the problem. Inequality of our labors productivity.
Price of Inequality is far more expensive to one and all. Inequality properly addressed that would benefit, yes even the lone hermit in the woods, to his majesty on the throne, if inequality were to be more justified in its distributions.
Now I will provide a video chart which may be more helpful in comprehending inequality as it is presently exist within the USA. We take care of that problem and the might of the USA would be undisputable through out the world and its Free Markets.
Yes even here in the USA, Austerity has taken its toll. Diminishing our strengths to compete effectively, on the Free Markets Of the World. http://neweconomy.net/content/wealth-inequali... video chart USA wealth Distributions..

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Why don't you go and join the Russian army you traitor. Favor or not favor, you should still be an American.
O'bama is threatening our very way of life in the United States--but hey follow that monkey off the vine.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Romney didn't win-is doesn't matter. Hypothetically speaking you could say if Romney won the world would have taken notice and stopped enriching. They would have been afraid--but noooo we got the skinny guy who no one is afraid of. O'bama is the worse speaker in history. O'bama is a doofus-are you listening to his er well um so ah well ah ah I um well if if as ah well um?
Does this one need to be reminded that N. Korea tested its first nuke while quaking in fear of GW Bush and that Iran's nuclear program continued also under dread of the dreaded (dreadful) GW Bush?

Yes, its not us rational Americans who fear the GOP, its the whole world!

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

"owe" our allegiance to...

(time for a third cup of coffee...)
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Nobody has to 'scramble' Dilbert. 169,000 jobs doesn't even keep up with population growth yet the unemployment rate went down. Also the June and July numbers were revised downward. Only a moran would believe things are getting better.
Obama comes on TV and starts blathering about how great the economy is doing and the DOW dropped 50 points in under 5 minutes. Dropping so fast in fact that I've had to change the number a couple of times just typing this.
Down 44 points more since posting.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
We have no idea what kind of country we own our allegiance to anymore.
The liberals' allegiance is to Obama's fundamentally transformed progressive liberalist nation.
The conservatives are still trying to figure out what happened to our fellow countrymen.
We can only hope the present insanity is only temporary.
You don't know which country you "owe" allegiance to?

Hi Carol.
jean dupuis

Moncton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Nobody has to 'scramble' Dilbert. 169,000 jobs doesn't even keep up with population growth yet the unemployment rate went down. Also the June and July numbers were revised downward. Only a moran would believe things are getting better.
Obama comes on TV and starts blathering about how great the economy is doing and the DOW dropped 50 points in under 5 minutes. Dropping so fast in fact that I've had to change the number a couple of times just typing this.
new bridge, border crossing, being built between canada and michigan. canada is paying for the bridge, all of it, michigan said no could not afford, same with us federal govt. canada give michigan many construction jobs for bridge. i guess obama also take credit for that

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Meh, one way the other it makes it easier to find posts to read.
But, joining the parade.
Stocks fall sharply on reported Putin comment
Putin Says Russia To Assist Syria In Case of External Attack
Russian war ships moving toward Syria
China sending 1000 marines
China can afford to lose two million men--they don't care. Does O'bama have a clue. No one wants to go to war with China.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Why yes of course he does-if O'bama bombs Syria, the President of Iran, will recognize Israel and bomb bomb them.
O'bama has his handy list. LOL. what a doofus.
you do realize that it wasn't President Obama who met with an al Qaeda leader fighting President Assad, but Sens. McCain and Graham. Both of whom have been advocating military intervention for months now.

as far as your moniker is concern, I see you support insubordinate behavior in the military. I'm guessing you've never served. Those troops who made those posts should be courts-martial-ed. Heck, you can tell it goes against the UCMJ, or they wouldn't be hiding their faces.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Worse, 320,000 more people have dropped out. Leaving job participation at 1978 levels.
Baby boomers leaving the workforce at a rate of 10,000 per day__amazing eh?

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
TEHRAN — In an unusual press conference Iran’s new president, Hassan Rouhani, was shown unlabeled maps of Cyprus, Iceland, Israel, and Kansas and asked if he could pick out Israel.
"Its that one, the third from the left" said Rouhani pointing at the correct map of Israel.
The event has sparked interest in the new president as it provides further contrast with his predecessor who once mistook a shoe for the nation of Israel ...
Read more:
Imjustmakingshitup.com
The Ayatollah and a cabal of clerics really run Iran.

They were ready to retaliate against Israel last year for the killing of one of their nuclear scientists.

They must be chomping at the bit by now.

But at least their new "elected leader" knows his geography.

Hi Tenzing.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
All I know is if Romney were sitting in the WH, all that time and money spent on investigating Obama's ineptness and incompetency would have been saved, three Americans and an ambassador would still be alive today, bin Laden would still be dead, and there would be a collective sigh of relief from the unemployed and the employers because Obamacare would already be history.
It's also pretty safe to say President Romney would have put a little fear into Russia, Iran and the Muslim Brotherhood because he, too, knew strength is the only thing they understand and respect. And China's arrogance and manipulation would have been put to task.
But this country voted for what we have now and we're getting just what we deserve, unfortunately.
Really, you know all this for sure. what do you have a magical crystal ball.

TRUTH IS YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 897,421 - 897,440 of1,078,757
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

93 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 min Tixy 67,884
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 6 min truth 48,846
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 24 min LRS 174,481
Voting Whites NO LONGER hold majority in Ohio. 53 min WeDoneOutBabiedThemDevils 1
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 56 min TW_sugar_daddio 6
Abby 7-23 1 hr PEllen 13
Chicago Train Robbery 1 hr ItsTheUncleRemusConcept 4
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 10:02AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••