Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Read more
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#977215 Sep 6, 2013
Buy American or Drop Dead wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL you're obviously uneducated, ignorant drama queen
Being challenged in life is your inevitable stupid, you being a deranged moron and remaining on a big & more government urban preserve with your hand-out is optional you dumbass...

The War Mongering Sickness and Poison of Unconscious Liberalism

It's the culture...
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#977216 Sep 6, 2013
With citizen calls to Congress reportedly 499-to-1 against a strike on Syria, Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich) warned fellow representatives that they might as well start cleaning out their offices if they go against intense public opposition...

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/09/amash-law...

http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#977217 Sep 6, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Iran didn't invade Kuwait and didn't rape, torture and kill Kuwaitis. We hadn't gone to war with Iran to drive them out of that country.
Iran didn't unleash chemical weapons on 5000 of his own people.
Iran didn't have mass graves with hundreds of its own citizens buried all over the country.
The UN hadn't given Iran 15 resolutions to come clean about a WMD program with threats of "serious consequences".
The Democrats hadn't passed legislation in 1998 to depose of Iran's leader as a clear and present danger.
Get the picture?
As far as North Korea, Bill Clinton just kissed their butt.
Are you guessing about iran? Or do you have facts to back up your personal claims for a change?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#977218 Sep 6, 2013
It's starting to seem like work now.

Gotta go do some laundry and relax a bit.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#977219 Sep 6, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Iran didn't invade Kuwait and didn't rape, torture and kill Kuwaitis. We hadn't gone to war with Iran to drive them out of that country.
Iran didn't unleash chemical weapons on 5000 of his own people.
Iran didn't have mass graves with hundreds of its own citizens buried all over the country.
The UN hadn't given Iran 15 resolutions to come clean about a WMD program with threats of "serious consequences".
The Democrats hadn't passed legislation in 1998 to depose of Iran's leader as a clear and present danger.
Get the picture?
As far as North Korea, Bill Clinton just kissed their butt.
And again I ask, since you're referencing 1998, are you claiming bushie boy was simply following a directive created under a democratic president?

And no, I don't get the picture...

As I'm sure you don't know what you're trying to say either!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#977220 Sep 6, 2013
Buy American or Drop Dead wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep kissing the rumps of the old money, blue blooded, privileged WASPs who control the GOP. Heck, maybe some day they'll let you cut the grass at their Beacon Hill estates
Obama has mishandled Syria over the past few years. The good/very good options he once had to fix Syria, are in the rearview mirror you warmongering idiot...

Golf anyone? Vacations?? Hollywood? incompetence? More ineptitude anyone??

Putin wants to liquidate al qaeda, Obama wants to fight for them.

Not only have the War Mongering Liberals killed most of the population of the world from wars liberals started in the past century, liberals continue their killing spree...

It's the culture...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#977221 Sep 6, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Why yes of course he does-if O'bama bombs Syria, the President of Iran, will recognize Israel and bomb bomb them.
O'bama has his handy list. LOL. what a doofus.
So... shouldn't you be back in your fatherland helping to protect israel?

Or are you one of those talking jews who simply want the US to continue to give them free money to purchase corporate goods?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#977222 Sep 6, 2013
flack wrote:
The 2.3% Medical Excise Tax that began on January 1st is supposed to be "hidden" from the consumer,but it's been brought to the public's attention by hunting and fishing store Cabela's who have refused to hide it and are showing it as a separate line item tax on their receipts, the email states. I did some research and found directly from the IRS's website information that PROVES this to be true and an accurate portrayal of something hidden in "Obamacare" that I was not aware of! Now being skeptical of this I went to the IRS website and found this! Q1.
What is the medical device excise tax? A1. Section 4191 of the Internal Revenue Code
imposes an excise tax on the sale of certain medical devices by the manufacturer or importer of the device.
Q2. When does the tax go into effect? A2. The tax applies to sales of taxable medical devices after Dec. 31, 2012.
Q3. How much is the tax? A3. The tax is 2.3 percent of the sale price of the taxable medical device. See Chapter 5 of IRS Publication 510, Excise Taxes, and Notice 2012-77 for additional information on the determination of sale price.
IRS.gov
So being more curious I clicked on "Chapter 5 of IRS Publication 510." And what do I find under "MEDICAL DEVICES" under "MANUFACTURERS TAXES"? The following discussion of manufacturers taxes applies to the tax on: Guns and amo; Sport fishing equipment; Fishing rods and fishing poles; Electric outboard motors; Fishing tackle boxes; Bows, quivers, broadheads, and points; Arrow shafts; Coal; Taxable tires; Gas guzzler automobiles; and Vaccines. IRS.gov I think we have definitely been fooled, if we believe that the Affordable Care Act is all about health care. It truly does appear to be nothing more than a bill laden with a whole lot of taxes that we the people have yet to be aware of.
Please pass this on . I am still incredulous that this can go on .Where is our press ? I guess it’s just like Nancy Pelosi said…….We have to pass it to see what is in it . What is next? What else is there we do not know about? I am sick to death about our government
You ask where is the press in all of this?

Like obedient dogs, they're panting and wagging their tails for their next command from their master.

Like obedient dogs, they would never hold their master accountable.

The liberal media is perhaps the biggest threat to our republic - even more than liberals who are their parrots and the leaders they help to elect.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#977223 Sep 6, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Romney didn't win-is doesn't matter. Hypothetically speaking you could say if Romney won the world would have taken notice and stopped enriching. They would have been afraid--but noooo we got the skinny guy who no one is afraid of. O'bama is the worse speaker in history. O'bama is a doofus-are you listening to his er well um so ah well ah ah I um well if if as ah well um?
lol! Obama's not muslim, but that doesn't stop you idiots form perpetuating that lie.

So I guess you missed your own point son!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#977224 Sep 6, 2013
flack wrote:
The 2.3% Medical Excise Tax that began on January 1st is supposed to be "hidden" from the consumer,but it's been brought to the public's attention by hunting and fishing store Cabela's who have refused to hide it and are showing it as a separate line item tax on their receipts, the email states. I did some research and found directly from the IRS's website information that PROVES this to be true and an accurate portrayal of something hidden in "Obamacare" that I was not aware of! Now being skeptical of this I went to the IRS website and found this! Q1.
What is the medical device excise tax? A1. Section 4191 of the Internal Revenue Code
imposes an excise tax on the sale of certain medical devices by the manufacturer or importer of the device.
Q2. When does the tax go into effect? A2. The tax applies to sales of taxable medical devices after Dec. 31, 2012.
Q3. How much is the tax? A3. The tax is 2.3 percent of the sale price of the taxable medical device. See Chapter 5 of IRS Publication 510, Excise Taxes, and Notice 2012-77 for additional information on the determination of sale price.
IRS.gov
So being more curious I clicked on "Chapter 5 of IRS Publication 510." And what do I find under "MEDICAL DEVICES" under "MANUFACTURERS TAXES"? The following discussion of manufacturers taxes applies to the tax on: Guns and amo; Sport fishing equipment; Fishing rods and fishing poles; Electric outboard motors; Fishing tackle boxes; Bows, quivers, broadheads, and points; Arrow shafts; Coal; Taxable tires; Gas guzzler automobiles; and Vaccines. IRS.gov I think we have definitely been fooled, if we believe that the Affordable Care Act is all about health care. It truly does appear to be nothing more than a bill laden with a whole lot of taxes that we the people have yet to be aware of.
Please pass this on . I am still incredulous that this can go on .Where is our press ? I guess it’s just like Nancy Pelosi said…….We have to pass it to see what is in it . What is next? What else is there we do not know about? I am sick to death about our government
A companywide glitch in Cabela's cash register system that added a 2.3 percent “Medical Excise Tax” to customers' purchases; everything from boots to bullets; was an error and will be refunded, a company spokesman said.

The error was discovered last week after consumers in several states notified the company that the surcharge appeared on their sales receipt and had been applied to all of their purchases.

"It was a glitch in the system,” said Cabela's spokesman Joe Arterburn said.
<BR><BR>
The error was limited to transactions that occurred Jan. 1 and was caught that same day by the Sidney, Neb.-based hunting and outdoor outfitter.

Images of Cabela's sales receipts showing the surcharge have appeared on various websites prompting several rumors. One rumor alleged that retailers had begun passing their employees' insurance coverage costs onto consumers in the form of a medical excise tax. Other sites claimed that because the tax had been applied to shoes and shirts that clothing and footwear are now considered medical devices under the new law.

Both speculations are false.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#977225 Sep 6, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
We have no idea what kind of country we own our allegiance to anymore.
The liberals' allegiance is to Obama's fundamentally transformed progressive liberalist nation.
The conservatives are still trying to figure out what happened to our fellow countrymen.
We can only hope the present insanity is only temporary.
Then find a country that better suits your needs.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#977226 Sep 6, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Obama has mishandled Syria over the past few years. The good/very good options he once had to fix Syria, are in the rearview mirror, in the shiter you idiot...
Golf anyone? Vacations?? Taxpayer White House Parties? More incompetence, ineptitude?? Warmongering Anyone?? Over 100,000 Syrians killed in 2 years was no problem...
Anybody that would ask you for an idea or fact would be an idiot... Anything else fairy tale.
It's the culture...
Of more hedonistic apologetics from pizzing people off apparently.
Gaw.

World leaders have arrived for a dinner hosted by Russian President Vladimir Putin, where they would discuss the crisis in Syria, with US President Barack Obama showing up alone and well after the main group.

The main group of leaders led by Putin arrived together at the historic Peterhof palace outside St Petersburg, with British Prime Minister David Cameron and French President Francois Hollande seen talking animatedly at the back of the pack.

But Obama was nowhere to be seen and only arrived at the palace a good half an hour after the rest.

Striding purposefully through the palace park, he smiled and waved for the cameras, images broadcast by the organisers showed.

Also arriving late, showing up to the dinner just before Obama, was Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff.

It was not immediately clear why they lagged behind the main group.

Putin said earlier that the G20 leaders would have the chance at the dinner to discuss the conflict in Syria, which until now was not on the G20 agenda.

Brazil-US tensions are running high after Brasilia demanded explanations from Washington for reports that the US National Security Agency (NSA) spied on Rousseff's communications.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#977227 Sep 6, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully, the military will slap some clarity into Obama's thinking.
Who in the hell wants to have a war against BOTH Russia and China at the same time?
If Syria goes away the market will level again. As upside down as it is, the market was terrified that the job numbers would be good and the FEDs would stop pouring OUR money into supporting it.
The sky is falling!

The sky is falling!

I love con stupidity. It's so comical!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#977228 Sep 6, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The central government is not dictating every aspect of your life. What new welfare programs were installed?
When will you freakin idiots quit being so GD ridiculous.
If you refuse to pledge allegiance to this country, then get out.
OMG you have to have health insurance. A concept that both parties have endorse at one time or other.
ObamaKKKare is a massive new welfare program.

Americans pledge allegiance to their country, not to the government manipulated by a devious politician.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#977229 Sep 6, 2013
Whatever wrote:
Have to say that McCain's dual position of pushing for military action while warning of impeachment for boots on the ground is … confusing.
Why, it fits right in with the rest of all the BS.

Interesting concept though, vast majorities of Americans could and would probably rally around that excellent idea!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#977230 Sep 6, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"yuck"
Are you speaking of biden of was for the war before he was against it? Son, you have to keep up, you look stoopider with every post you offer.
Peace
KMA
You obviously have a comprehension problem.

But then, that was your goal!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#977231 Sep 6, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully so. Taking on Russia and China at the same time would be the actions of Mad man.
lol!!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#977232 Sep 6, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I see Carol is getting worse. Homer didn't think that was possible.
Homer on board with attacking Syria even if Congress objects?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#977233 Sep 6, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be avoiding the elephant in the room, which is what will happen when Obama attacks Syria in defiance of Congress and the American people?
So now rightwingers are getting angry with Obama over stuff he hasn't even done. Interesting.

Homer at least waited until Bush fcked up.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#977234 Sep 6, 2013
Correction of Obama's history lesson today.

“[W]hen London was getting bombed, it was profoundly unpopular both in Congress and around the country to help the British,” Obama said.“It doesn’t mean it wasn’t the right thing to do. Just means people, you know, are struggling with jobs and bills to pay and they don’t want their sons or daughters put in harm’s way. These entanglements far away are dangerous and different.”

Free Beacon notes

A Gallup poll in 1940, when the German bombing campaign in Britain took place, showed 60 percent of Americans felt it was more important to help England win, even at risk of going to war, than to stay out.

Additionally, 68 percent of Americans believed the future safety of the United States depended on England winning the war, and 85 percent felt England would lose if Americans stopped sending war materials to help.

http://ibiblio.org/pha/Gallup/Gallup%201941.h...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 59 min scirocco 69,305
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr ritedownthemiddle 52,293
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr GayleWood 51,863
Aldi's is the Worst Supermarket Chain (Jun '12) 1 hr PEllen 341
Ask Amy 3-29-15 1 hr PEllen 3
Abby 3-29-15 1 hr PEllen 4
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Rogue Scholar 05 185,865
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]