Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Whatever

Gering, NE

#976953 Sep 6, 2013
Civilian labor force participation hits 35-year low at 63.2%.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#976954 Sep 6, 2013
Economy added 104,000 jobs, but 312,000 dropped from labor force
Whatever

Gering, NE

#976955 Sep 6, 2013
Forward to 1978!
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#976956 Sep 6, 2013
Another 516,000 workers tossed out of the labor force in August to rosy up the unemployment numbers.

Bureau of Labor Statistics is a shoo-in for the 2014 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#976957 Sep 6, 2013
China Sends 1000 Marines To Syrian Coast, Russia Sends More Warships
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#976958 Sep 6, 2013
From the 'what a difference a year makes' file...

"FLASHBACK: Biden accused Romney of wanting war with Syria"

http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/02/biden-all-g...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#976959 Sep 6, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't lose anything you clueless twit. Mitt Romney does have sociopathic traits. He's outwardly charming but has no empathy as evidenced by his interaction with the guy in the wheelchair in New Hampshire.
www.youtube.com/watch...
He lies like a rug. He claimed that Chrysler was shipping Jeep production to China when in fact it was expanding production for that model right here in the US. He claimed that Obama "gutted the work requirement for welfare when in fact he was giving waivers to states to come up with better plans to get recipients to work. Something Romney himself had requested as Governor of Massachusetts. Even Republican Governor Sam Brownback called that a lie. He claimed that Obamacare would get between patients and their doctors when there's nothing in the ACA that would do any such thing.
How do you know he'd be putting people back to work? Do you have some portal into an alternate universe where Romney won? We should have more people working but the onus is on the GOP controlled House which has refused to even consider any legislation put forth by the President that would have done that. Romney's record in the private sector shows him to be more of a job destroyer tan a job creator.
You seem to keep forgetting that he had his shot in an executive position as Governor of Massachusetts and when he left office he had a 34% approval rating and the citizens of that state again soundly rejected him in the 2012 election by a 23% margin.
Contrary to your asinine statement, historically the middle class has always done better under progressive policies and foundered under the right wing.
Speaking of wheelchairs...

Here is your Joe Biden...

"...Chuck Graham...Stand Up"

lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#976960 Sep 6, 2013
Australian billionaire: Rupert Murdoch discovered wife Wendi Deng was a Chinese spy so he ‘got rid of her’

She’s been spying on Rupert for years, giving money back to Chinese intelligence. She was trained in southern China. I’m telling you the truth,” Palmer said.

“Wendi Deng is a Chinese spy and that’s why Rupert got rid of her.”

He continued:“And this guy (Murdoch) wants to control Australian politics. He wants to control what you think.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/09/05/austral...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#976961 Sep 6, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Good grief, FYI
"
The Swedish Army trains land combat and air defence units which, in concert with Air Force and naval units, can be deployed operationally on both national and international missions.
The Army’s land forces are being reoriented towards an increasingly clear rapid-response, mission-oriented role which includes participation in international operations."
http://www.forsvarsmakten.se/en/Organisation/...
In the Oval Office in December 2002, the president met with a few ranking senators and members of the House, both Republicans and Democrats. In those days, there were high hopes that the United States-sponsored ''road map'' for the Israelis and Palestinians would be a pathway to peace, and the discussion that wintry day was, in part, about countries providing peacekeeping forces in the region. The problem, everyone agreed, was that a number of European countries, like France and Germany, had armies that were not trusted by either the Israelis or Palestinians. One congressman -- the Hungarian-born Tom Lantos, a Democrat from California and the only Holocaust survivor in Congress -- mentioned that the Scandinavian countries were viewed more positively. Lantos went on to describe for the president how the Swedish Army might be an ideal candidate to anchor a small peacekeeping force on the West Bank and the Gaza Strip. Sweden has a well-trained force of about 25,000. The president looked at him appraisingly, several people in the room recall.

''I don't know why you're talking about Sweden,'' Bush said.''They're the neutral one. They don't have an army.''

Lantos paused, a little shocked, and offered a gentlemanly reply:''Mr. President, you may have thought that I said Switzerland. They're the ones that are historically neutral, without an army.'' Then Lantos mentioned, in a gracious aside, that the Swiss do have a tough national guard to protect the country in the event of invasion.

Bush held to his view.''No, no, it's Sweden that has no army.''

The room went silent, until someone changed the subject.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/17/magazine/17...

''No, no, it's Sweden that has no army.'', that Sweden?

you guys actually voted for that idiot? what were you thinking?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#976962 Sep 6, 2013
Grampy wrote:
As a rule at G8 and G20 summits foreign leaders swarm to get a photo op with the American President. Why are these leaders avoiding Obama in St. Petersburg? Its like he's got leprosy.
Obama has gone from World Leader to World Leper.
Liar
Annie

New York, NY

#976963 Sep 6, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Bush did not lie about anything...
When Clinton Lied.. America Died!!!
Bill Clinton killed a half million Muslim children in Iraq you fool...Osama Bin Laden was made in the USA...(by Bill Clinton)
The War Mongering Sickness and Poison of Unconscious Idiot Liberalism
It's the culture...
Oh, how I long for the days when liberals wailed that "the rest of the world" hated America, rather than now, when the rest of the world laughs at us.

But I guess that's what happens when a "Community Organizer Goes to War."

With the vast majority of Americans opposing a strike against Syria, President The-Buck-NEVER-Stops-Here-Obam a has requested that Congress vote on his powers as commander in chief under the Constitution. The president doesn't need congressional approval to shoot a few missiles into Syria, nor -- amazingly -- has he said he'll abide by such a vote, anyway.

Why is Congress even having a vote? This is nothing but a fig leaf to cover Obama's own idiotic "red line" ultimatum to President Bashar al-Assad of Syria on chemical weapons. The Nobel Peace Prize winner needs to get Congress on the record so that whatever happens, the media can blame Republicans.

No Republican who thinks seriously about America's national security interests -- by which I mean to exclude John McCain and Lindsey Graham -- can support Obama's "plan" to shoot blindly into this hornet's nest.

It would be completely different if we knew with absolute certainty that Assad was responsible for chemical attacks on his own people.

I'm still waiting to see if it was a Syrian upset about a YouTube video.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#976964 Sep 6, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Australian billionaire: Rupert Murdoch discovered wife Wendi Deng was a Chinese spy so he ‘got rid of her’
She’s been spying on Rupert for years, giving money back to Chinese intelligence. She was trained in southern China. I’m telling you the truth,” Palmer said.
“Wendi Deng is a Chinese spy and that’s why Rupert got rid of her.”
He continued:“And this guy (Murdoch) wants to control Australian politics. He wants to control what you think.”
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/09/05/austral...
Your ignorance lily and running on empty is still a morons best choice.

The War Mongering Sickness and Poison of Unconscious Liberalism

It's the culture...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#976965 Sep 6, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar
Anything else lily is a fairy tale.

It's the culture...

Since: Nov 11

United States

#976966 Sep 6, 2013
Obama to go to war to placate his ego!!!

Liberals cheer!!!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#976967 Sep 6, 2013
22,000 Jobs Lost in Hollywood: One industry badly hit last month was "the motion picture and sound recording"
Annie

New York, NY

#976968 Sep 6, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Sending humanitarian aid does not make them friends or allies. We offer to send aid to every country when disaster strikes.
Of Course, Assad would say we were wrong invading Iraq, he thought he might be next.
You are sofa king stupid, you think Sadam send WMDs to Syria when he thought he would be attacked. Yep, that makes perfect sense " OMG OMG I'm going to get attacked. Better deplete our arsenal"
This is how stupid you are.
Instead of admitting Bush was wrong on Iraq's WMD, you f*cking morons concoct that extremely dumb story about adam sending them to Syria.
Obama is really making Bush look good. Hell, he even makes Carter look good. Or Pee Wee Herman for that matter.

It would be different if instead of killing a few hundred civilians, Assad had killed 5,000 civilians with poison gas in a single day, as well as tens of thousands more with chemical weapons in the past few decades.

It would be different if Assad were known to torture his own people, administer summary executions, rapes, burnings and electric shocks, often in front of the victim's wife or children.

It would be different if Assad had acted aggressively toward the United States itself, perhaps attempting to assassinate a former U.S. president or giving shelter to terrorists who had struck within the U.S.-- someone like Maj. Nidal Hasan, the Fort Hood terrorist.

It would be different if Assad were stirring up trouble in the entire Middle East by, for example, paying bounties to the families of suicide bombers in other countries.

It would also be different if we could be sure that intervention in Syria would not lead to a multi-nation conflagration.

It would be different if we knew that any action against Syria would not put al-Qaida or the Muslim Brotherhood in power, but rather would result in a functioning, peaceful democracy.

And it would be different if an attack on Syria would so terrify other dictators in the region that they would instantly give up their WMDs -- say, Iran abandoning its nuclear program.

If all of that were true, this would be a military intervention worth supporting!

All of that was true about Iraq, but the Democrats hysterically opposed that war. They opposed it even after all this was known to be true -- indeed, especially after it was known to be true!

The loudest opponent was Barack Hussein Obama.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#976969 Sep 6, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
From the 'what a difference a year makes' file...
"FLASHBACK: Biden accused Romney of wanting war with Syria"
http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/02/biden-all-g...
Totally amazing

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#976970 Sep 6, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
any time i see Matthews and MSNBC in one sentence at the beginning of a right wing rant i just stop reading it.
you were saying?
Lately, I just stop reading as soon as I see the name of the poster for most of "them." "It's the [lack of] culture."

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#976971 Sep 6, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely! They really do want robots... only on their team.
Lifeless...
Unthinking...
Clueless...
They just can't handle people who don't exhibit these conservative 'qualities!'
No Yeahoo, what we can't handle are leeches such as you. Barack Hussein Obama is my savior I shall not want. Problem there is, it isn't his money, The guy never worked in his life. Now he plays Santa Claus with Other Peoples Money. "Such a deal I gots for you".
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#976972 Sep 6, 2013
John Ensign, a former Republican senator from Nevada, is going down a new career path after leaving the political world behind. He’s about to open a luxury hospital for pet animals in Las Vegas. Ensign, who’s trained as a veterinarian, describes his business model as a blend of “cutting-edge care with Ritz-Carlton services.”

A profile in the Las Vegas Review-Journal reports that the former lawmaker’s new pet hospital includes a 1,600-square-foot exercise area, pet boarding suites with flat-screen televisions showing the DOGTV channel, webcams so owners can monitor their dogs online, high-density insulation to help keep down on noise and “reduce pet stress,” and on-site ultrasound and digital X-ray machines. Ensign explained even in the struggling economy, spending on pets has increased.
When asked about his feelings about leaving Washington, DC behind, Ensign told reporters that he did not miss the nation’s capital. The Review-Journal’s piece notes that “the only time he brought up politics unprompted was when a reporter asked how big he wanted his nine-employee clinic to get. He smiled and said he didn’t want more than 50 employees — a dig at the health coverage mandate on businesses that pass that threshold under Obamacare, the insurance-reform law Ensign voted against.”

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013/09/05/25...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 32 min Anonymous91 54,522
Drop a letter lose 10 words ! 35 min Anonymous97 30
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 57 min Frank 179,420
Dr john 0782857120 abortion clinic in jane furs... 1 hr Dr john 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr KiMerde 50,640
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr TRD 68,665
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr grave digger 47,501
Abby 10-24 7 hr edogxxx 23
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]