Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1236754 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Frank

Spokane, WA

#976484 Sep 5, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Rush Limbaugh claimed on his radio show that Republican Party’s big problem is that they are afraid of criticizing Obama because he is black. In essence, Limbaugh was bashing the GOP for not being racist enough.
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/09/04/rush-l...
first - not conservative enough.
now -.......
shame on you republicans. get with the program.
If the color of Obama's skin is what is protecting him from being criticized,that is racism. I think that the republicans should ignore skin color and criticize Obama for his poor agenda. If the mass media is accusing anyone of racism for not agreeing with Obama's agenda it is the mass media that is racist not the person that doesn't agree with Obama's political view. Just because Obama throws in the race card doesn't make his view correct,and it shouldn't mean that every one in the country should be forced to agree with his radical left wing agenda. We,as citizens of the United States are not required to adapt the views of a Kenyan American just because he is an arrogant fool.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#976485 Sep 5, 2013
Lefties hiding, waiting for new talking points...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#976486 Sep 5, 2013
Pentagon Walks Back Hagel's Claim Russia Supplied Chemical Weapons to Syria
TheIndependentMa jority

Lily, KY

#976487 Sep 5, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. Dr Paul looks more and more Presidential every day (in light of the huge vacuum of leadership we have been experiencing for years)......
I bet he even realizes the difference between the "United States and the
"United Nations" (unlike SOME we have in offices now)!!!!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#976488 Sep 5, 2013
The Boy MEssiah wants us to support these animals to further his terrorist goals.

NY Times - Brutality of Syrian Rebels Posing Dilemma in West: http://tinyurl.com/k36anqw
TheIndependentMa jority

Lily, KY

#976489 Sep 5, 2013
Yeah wrote:
The con platform....
The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!
I hate to tell them it's already in a children's story book, but it's their idea of being 'original!'
Really!!!!

Bring the troops home-to AMERICA.
And then Congress et al can work FOR America again, not against it (or everywhere else EXCEPT it)!!

Let Saudi Arabia and the U.N.(along with Interpol) deal with Assad and the rest of the thugs!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#976490 Sep 5, 2013
"My credibility's not on the line. The international community's credibility is on the line, and America and Congress' credibility is on the line because we give lip service to the notion that these international norms are important." - Obama

Uh...anything goes wrong...uh...not my fault. Nope...can't blame this on me...it's America's fault. It's that Congress thinkin' that they can run the okey-doke on ya, bamboozle ya.
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#976491 Sep 5, 2013
Barack Obama is sending assault weapons to rebels in Syria to confront a regime that does not represent the people...

Then tells US that there is no reason why any American should own assault weapons....

101 Reason Why You Need An Assault Weapon

http://www.ammoland.com/2012/07/101-reasons-w...

Bozeman, MT

#976492 Sep 5, 2013
Hey, anyone find out where these weapons came from?

Assad regime crumbles after our 'surgical' missile strikes, uh, who moves in and gets the weapons?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#976493 Sep 5, 2013
Yeah wrote:
The con platform....
The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!
I hate to tell them it's already in a children's story book, but it's their idea of being 'original!'
Really nutcase?

Thanks to you leftards, the standard of living for all Americans is falling, including disposable income. The employment rate for blacks has fallen dramatically, but to your credit the number of people getting food stamps has risen dramatically.

You must be proud, eh son? Idiot.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#976494 Sep 5, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
It is estimated that it will take about 75,000 boots on the ground to secure the chemical weapons.
If the aim is not secure these-then what is the point?
Boots on the ground! Boots on the ground!

What a bunch of fear mongers!

Bozeman, MT

#976495 Sep 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Lefties hiding, waiting for new talking points...
"This was very unpleasant and surprising for me. We talk to them (the Americans), and we assume they are decent people, but he [Kerry] is lying and he knows that he is lying. This is sad." - Vladimir Putin

Hey Buh-rock, how's that flexibility workin' out for ya?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#976496 Sep 5, 2013
Whatever wrote:
Pentagon Walks Back Hagel's Claim Russia Supplied Chemical Weapons to Syria
Figures!

In a day filled with setbacks for an administration desperate to save a president's "redline" credibility, Thursday the Pentagon delivered another when it was forced to clarify Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel's bizarre statement before Congress Wednesday that Russia supplies Syria with chemical weapons:

In a response to a member of Congress, Secretary Hagel was referring to the well-known conventional arms relationship between Syria and Russia. The Syrian regime has a decades-old largely indigenous chemical weapons program. Currently, Russia provides the Syrian regime a wide variety of military equipment and support, some of which can be modified or otherwise used to support the chemical weapons program. We have publicly and privately expressed our concern over the destabilizing impact on the Syrian conflict and the wider region of continued military shipments to the Assad regime.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#976498 Sep 5, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
Look at the picture of Obama walking away from Putin. Smackdown for o-Retard for sure. No foreign country leader respects the POS o-Retard.
http://www.foxnews.com/
It appears in this video that President Bush's approval is in a sorrier state than polls indicate. In a video taken at the G20 summit, Bush walks across a line of world leaders without shaking or being asked to shake any of their hands. Whether the President is being rejected by the world leaders or he is rejecting them, CNN's Rick Sanchez aptly says that Bush looks like "the most unpopular kid in high school that nobody liked."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/20/worl...

sorry, couldn't find that story on the FOX site.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#976499 Sep 5, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Barack Obama is sending assault weapons to rebels in Syria to confront a regime that does not represent the people...
Then tells US that there is no reason why any American should own assault weapons....
101 Reason Why You Need An Assault Weapon
http://www.ammoland.com/2012/07/101-reasons-w...
The man child obama tells us NOT TO JUDGE ALL MUSLIMS because of a FEW lunatic liberals...
Yet... The man child obama ENCOURAGES US TO JUDGE ALL GUN OWNERS because of a FEW lunatic liberals...

It's the culture...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#976501 Sep 5, 2013
Attorneys for a Florida man who allegedly killed two people at a Labor Day barbecue filed a motion to have their client's murder charges dismissed under the state's "Stand Your Ground" law, Florida Today reported Wednesday.

Police said William T. Woodward "snuck up" on the barbecue and opened fire on three neighbors, killing two men and injuring one, according to the newspaper. In addition to the state's 'Stand Your Ground' law, Woodward's legal team also argued that the three men posed an imminent threat to Woodward because they had been threatening to "get him" in the hours prior to the shooting.

The motion argued that Woodward could have expected an attack based on those words alone. It cited the "Bush Doctrine" to justify Woodward's response to the perceived threats, referring to George W. Bush's concept of waging pre-emptive war against potential threats before they metastasize into imminent threats.

“I think legally that term has sort of been evolving especially given changes of our government’s definition of ‘imminent,’” Robert Berry, one of the attorneys representing Woodward, told Florida Today.“It’s become more expansive than someone putting a gun right to your head. It’s things that could become, you know, an immediate threat.”

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/f...

the Bush doctrine: I'm very afraid so I need to lie so I can kill some people.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#976502 Sep 5, 2013
Where'd the liberal Zombies go? No new material from Media Matters & the other DemocRAT nutjob websites?

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#976503 Sep 5, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
Hey, anyone find out where these weapons came from?
Assad regime crumbles after our 'surgical' missile strikes, uh, who moves in and gets the weapons?
Syria had had a very active chemical weapons program for years. Please don't try to peddle that Sadam sent his to Syria because that would be dumber than sh*t.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#976504 Sep 5, 2013
The main takeaway from an exhaustive new study of premiums on the Obamacare health insurance marketplaces: They’re generally going to be lower than expected, undercutting the persistent claims of “rate shock” by conservatives.

Marketplaces premiums are coming in below initial estimates, said the nonprofit, nonpartisan Kaiser Family Foundation in a new report released Thursday.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/09/no...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#976505 Sep 5, 2013
Limbaugh: "Iraq Was Not A Mess" -- Media "Convinced People It Was A Mess"

http://mediamatters.org/video/2013/09/05/limb...

that's one very large rabbit hole.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min ritedownthemiddle 53,608
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 30 min Jeff Davis 189,923
"It Takes A Village", Hillary's book was totally 44 min Rocket Man 6
Amy 6.3.15 47 min RACE 4
dearabby 6-3-15 59 min blunt advice 6
amy 6-2 1 hr blunt advice 32
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Mark 51,767
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]