Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Whatever

Gering, NE

#975803 Sep 4, 2013
Obama Congratulates Muslim Brotherhood Front on the Same Day He Decides to Strike Syria

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
DumbDave

New Britain, CT

#975804 Sep 4, 2013
Putin has been among the loudest critics on the international stage of Obama's push for a military strike in Syria. He reportedly blasted the push on Wednesday as an "act of aggression." He has said in recent interviews that a strike would be illegal if the United Nations does not support it.

Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, underscored during a Senate hearing on Tuesday how Russia stands to undermine any U.S. action. He said the Russians might just replace anything the United States destroys.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#975805 Sep 4, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, because now it's up to the Republicans to approve it. But you're too dense to get it. McCain wants regime change! What right do we have to go into a country and kill it's President?
Will you republicans vote for that?
So does Kerry
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#975806 Sep 4, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah is what passes for 'smart' in proggie circles, dumbed down & desperate
I wish you could pass for at least an idiot son.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#975807 Sep 4, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, Idiot by Choice, could you practice your right to remain stupid elsewhere I'm really tired of all you smelly old socks following anyone with "walkin' around sense" everywhere in an inane attempt to bore them into abdication.
That's the pot calling the kettle black, Leo? You're a teacher, God help your students to cope with such stupidity. Tired or not I make you think? What you think about is your own little mind? Have you picked up your "Walking around money" yet? It's past the first, your food stamps are in the mail.. You're the one who is stupid acting, and you prove it with your posts?
Abdication of what? You use words in a vain attempt to make people think you know what you're talking about. You don't, Give it up Leo, you're not that good?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#975808 Sep 4, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry about it. Your failure to understand is a way of life for you.
It's a good thing you understand....

... oh wait, you don't either!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#975809 Sep 4, 2013
"The Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) was established in July 1981 by U.S-based members of the Muslim Brotherhood with a background as leaders of the Muslim Students Association (MSA). As author and terrorism expert Steven Emerson puts it, ISNA “grew out of the Muslim Students Association, which also was founded by Brotherhood members.” Indeed, Muslim Brothers would dominate ISNA’s leadership throughout the Society’s early years. Striving “to advance the cause of Islam and serve Muslims in North America so as to enable them to adopt Islam as a complete way of life,” ISNA was highly dependent upon Saudi funding during its early years."

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/printgroup...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#975810 Sep 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Romney would have bombed Iran by now; this is what McCain has always wanted and getting all hot pants thinking he's getting nearer to his goal of having a third world war before he dies.
lol! Romney would have outsourced the work to another country and make US manufacturers mad!!!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#975811 Sep 4, 2013
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Aides to President Obama said today that he was “visibly shaken” after receiving support from House Speaker John Boehner for his Syria campaign, adding that the Speaker’s vote of confidence was “making him rethink the whole thing.”
An aide to Mr. Obama, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said that he was in the Oval Office with the President when he got the call from Mr. Boehner:“As it became clear that Boehner was going to support him on this, he looked more and more stunned. He was trying to stay calm and all but you could see that he was really taken aback.”
After putting down the phone with Mr. Boehner, the President reportedly told aides,“Boehner’s supporting it. That’s so weird. This is still a good idea, right?”
Moments after the President had “seemed to settle down,” the aide said, he received a phone call from House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, who also offered his support for the Syria plan.
“That one really rattled him,” the aide said.“He was like,‘I think I need to take a long walk.’”
The calls from Mr. Boehner and Mr. Cantor have created what the aide called “the biggest crisis of confidence this President has ever experienced.”
“I checked in on him later in the day, just to see if he was O.K.,” the aide said.“He was cradling his head in his hands saying,‘I just don’t know. I just don’t know anymore.’”
While the President’s plan to attack Syria remains on the table, the aide indicated that the situation is very fluid:“If Rand Paul calls today and says he’s in, the whole thing goes away.”
Please tell me you know this is satire blog.

PS So is The Onion and Red Currant
OBAMA

Smithfield, NC

#975812 Sep 4, 2013
Olivier Knox, Yahoo! News 2 hours ago

Recasting his role in setting a “red line” on Syria, President Barack Obama insisted on Wednesday that Congress and the world will lose credibility if Bashar Assad’s alleged chemical weapons massacre goes unpunished.

“My credibility’s not on the line. The international community’s credibility is on the line, and America and Congress’ credibility is on the line,” Obama said during a visit to Stockholm, Sweden.

“I do have to ask people, well, if, in fact, you’re outraged by the slaughter of innocent people, what are you doing about it?” Obama asked.“The moral thing to do is not to stand by and do nothing.”

The president rejected any notion that he needs to use military force against Syria in order to preserve his personal standing in the world after calling a chemical weapons attack a “red line” in an Aug. 20, 2012, press conference.

“I didn’t set a red line. The world set a red line,” he insisted.“The world set a red line when governments representing 98 percent of the world’s population said the use of chemical weapons are abhorrent and passed a treaty forbidding their use even when countries are engaged in war.”

And “Congress set a red line when it ratified that treaty. Congress set a red line when it indicated, in a piece of legislation titled the Syria Accountability Act, that some of the horrendous things that are happening on the ground there need to be answered for,” he added.World's Worst Dictators

Name Country In Power Since
1. OBAMA USA 2008
2. Kim Jong Il North Korea 1994
3. Than Shwe Myanmar 1992
4. Robert Mugabe Zimbabwe 1980
5. Islam Karimov Uzbekistan 1990
6. Hu Jintao China 2002
7. King Abdullah Saudi Arabia 1995
8. Saparmurat Niyazov Turkmenistan 1990
9. Seyed Ali Khamane&#65533;i Iran 1989
10. Teodoro Obiang Nguema Equatorial Guinea 1979

Read more: The Top Ten: World's Worst Dictators http://www.infoplease.com/toptens/worstdictat...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#975813 Sep 4, 2013
<quoted text>
OMGTIC
There are treatments for your disability -dysphasia.

Just a helpful suggestion.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#975814 Sep 4, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>That's the pot calling the kettle black, Leo? You're a teacher, God help your students to cope with such stupidity. Tired or not I make you think? What you think about is your own little mind? Have you picked up your "Walking around money" yet? It's past the first, your food stamps are in the mail.. You're the one who is stupid acting, and you prove it with your posts?
Abdication of what? You use words in a vain attempt to make people think you know what you're talking about. You don't, Give it up Leo, you're not that good?
lol! Well, you're a proven liar... again... son.

So you're the one whose really acting stupid.

But... I love your idiotic comedy!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#975815 Sep 4, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell me you know this is satire blog.
PS So is The Onion and Red Currant
lol! As opposed to the likes of the beck-ster or breitbart?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#975816 Sep 4, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I wish you could pass for at least an idiot son.
Lame
Whatever

Gering, NE

#975817 Sep 4, 2013
Who thought they'd see the day when John Bolton was against a war that Howard Dean was for?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#975818 Sep 4, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Romney would have outsourced the work to another country and make US manufacturers mad!!!
Poor Jason, screaming for attention; no one is biting!(Whatever!)
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#975819 Sep 4, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>That's the pot calling the kettle black, Leo? You're a teacher, God help your students to cope with such stupidity. Tired or not I make you think? What you think about is your own little mind? Have you picked up your "Walking around money" yet? It's past the first, your food stamps are in the mail.. You're the one who is stupid acting, and you prove it with your posts?
Oh, good afternoon "pravaracator"! Any new words today?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#975820 Sep 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes, because now it's up to the Republicans to approve it. But you're too dense to get it. McCain wants regime change! What right do we have to go into a country and kill it's President?
Will you republicans vote for that?
Why should the Republicans or Democrats approve it when the U.N. and our allies gave Obama the thumbs down already?

Syria is not an immanent threat to our national security and most Americans are tired of having to be the world police.

Obama blew it. Done deal. He might somehow get support in Congress, but I bet a majority of Americans, just like with Obamacare disagree with Obama.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#975821 Sep 4, 2013
US Bio-Chem Terror Factories and Syria
What the WMD attack in Syria did do… is expose the presence of a series of facilities whose “output” makes Sarin gas look like child’s play.
The labs are real, just as real as NSA spying. Recently, they manufactured what may well lead to a world war over Syria.
They can do worse Recent chemical warfare attack in Syria has led investigators to a decade-old network of secret labs spread from the Caspian Basin to the Baltic.
The story of these facilities may well overshadow years of unimaginable horrors, torture, secret prisons, massive spying and the orchestrated destruction of world economies.

With widely respected political leaders in the US, Senator Ron Paul, Congressman Alan Grayson, Pat Buchanan and even Zbigniew Brzezinski either declaring recent chemical attacks a false flag or voicing total skepticism over US involvement, wider issues of nightmarish American secret labs are being suppressed
Whatever

Gering, NE

#975822 Sep 4, 2013
OBAMA wrote:
“I didn’t set a red line. The world set a red line,” he insisted.“The world set a red line when governments representing 98 percent of the world’s population said the use of chemical weapons are abhorrent and passed a treaty forbidding their use even when countries are engaged in war.”
According to Obama my (and your) credibility is more on the line than his.Funny,I don't recalled drawing a red line. My bad, sorry world.

-JJ

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 min texas pete 5,906
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Guru 187,303
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 47 min ritedownthemiddle 52,848
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 69,685
Word (Dec '08) 4 hr Red_Forman 5,202
Ask Amy 4-25-15 7 hr Kuuipo 2
Dear Abby 4-25-15 11 hr PEllen 1
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]