Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Whatever

Gering, NE

#975267 Sep 3, 2013
McCain who supports Obama's not-really-a-War Declaration even though we won't take boots on the ground off the table tweets-

"Scandal! Caught playing iPhone game at 3+ hour Senate hearing - worst of all I lost!"

Yep, this a real serious debate on the merits of Obama's actions.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#975268 Sep 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Any authorization to use force is a declaration of war and any limitations in such a declaration are not enforceable.
Yes
Congress declares and Administration implements.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#975269 Sep 3, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadam had old rusted canisters. That's it. We did not invade Iraq for old, out of date, rusted canisters.
They invaded Kuwait.
Look, I know you're a f*cking dumbass but when you can't separate Desert Storm & Bush Jrs war, then you are dumber than sh*t.
My God.
Furthermore Hezbollah is fighting for Assad. Doing nothing helps Hezbollah gain favor with Assad.
Saddam was so irrelevant that a collation of 30 nations went in against him.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#975270 Sep 3, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> What possible reason would I lie? All the registers on the food side were removed and replaced with the unmanned ones. Sped up the time waiting by about half. You need to get out more.
Because you believe that your town is different than everywhere else__not to mention that turds like Galt give your dumbass hope.

One person doesn't manage 14 self checkout lanes at any Walmart in the US__no way no how. You lied! Stop doing that Flacko__you're better than Galt and the others here that must lie to be relevant.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#975271 Sep 3, 2013
Why can't we just give all 2 million Syrian refugees a rifle and send them home? Cheaper than what Obama is planning.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#975272 Sep 3, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, as long as we're being "Palin" stupid let's give Israel to the Palestinians, Cuba to the Jews and South Florida to the Cubans.
And then let Allah sort it out!
Mmmmm...I still think making Assad half it (for "punishment"...cause you know how those pesky old sanctions are)... with Hezbollah, Hamas, the PLO and al qeada would work better.
With a nice, honorable big red X on the maps of the world.

Then let allah sort it out.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#975273 Sep 3, 2013
Whatever wrote:
Why can't we just give all 2 million Syrian refugees a rifle and send them home? Cheaper than what Obama is planning.
Give them them south end to do it in, and put Assad in a referee tower in the middle.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#975274 Sep 3, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Because you believe that your town is different than everywhere else__not to mention that turds like Galt give your dumbass hope.
One person doesn't manage 14 self checkout lanes at any Walmart in the US__no way no how. You lied! Stop doing that Flacko__you're better than Galt and the others here that must lie to be relevant.
Yeah, that guy is probably exaggerating. If the Walmart has 14 self-checkout stations, they might have two clerks monitoring them.

Remember, Walmart is banned from minority neighborhoods by the political left, so most of their customers are honest.

Galt agrees that self-checkout would not work in the hood, your neighborhood. In fact, the register clerks might need bulletproof booths.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#975275 Sep 3, 2013
Whatever wrote:
Can we call them “Neo-Libs” yet?
Neocommie-libs would be more suitable.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#975277 Sep 3, 2013
Whatever wrote:
When asked about boots on the ground.
Kerry said,“I don’t want to take off the table an option that might or might not be available to the President of the United States to secure our country.”
Have we purchased Syria and they didn't tell us about THAT either?

Maybe that got lost in all the Libya, Benghazi (one little consulate and an annex) shuffle?
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#975279 Sep 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The War Powers Act doesn’t allow a president to use force absent authorization from Congress unless there is a “national emergency created by attack upon the United States, its territories or possessions, or its armed forces”— a threshold Syria simply does not meet. If Assad’s forces shoot at our ships offshore, Obama can rain hell down upon him, but absent that “national emergency,” he has to go to Congress.
Except if he is Obama the Omnipotent.
U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon warned that the use of force is only legal when a country is acting in self-defense or with the approval of the U.N. Security Council. Russia and China both have veto power in the U.N. Security Council and would presumably block any American attempt to secure U.N. support for a Syria strike. Obama has said he is comfortable going forward without the Security Council.

Huh, so how does Obammers "punishment" fit into all this? Is there something that goes with a nobel "peace" prize, that grants subversive radical rights to declare war?
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#975281 Sep 3, 2013
Whatever wrote:
Hillary Clinton called Assad a "reformer" in 2011. Her successor now comparing him to Hitler.
Our foreign policy is totally confused and messy.
Why does Obama hate Israel?

He should be encouraging sanctions against Syria, along with the help of other middle east nations.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#975282 Sep 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
How do we know which side, if any, released the chemical weapons?
Kerry received his hair and blood samples from the Al Qaeda rebels.
I don't know and I would hope that this would be determined before anything happens; not that I think we should enter into a civil war.
I am absolutely against this.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#975283 Sep 3, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does Obama hate Israel?
He should be encouraging sanctions against Syria, along with the help of other middle east nations.
stupidtic
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#975284 Sep 3, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon warned that the use of force is only legal when a country is acting in self-defense or with the approval of the U.N. Security Council. Russia and China both have veto power in the U.N. Security Council and would presumably block any American attempt to secure U.N. support for a Syria strike. Obama has said he is comfortable going forward without the Security Council.
Huh, so how does Obammers "punishment" fit into all this? Is there something that goes with a nobel "peace" prize, that grants subversive radical rights to declare war?
In defense of Obama, the US should not and cannot surrender its security and sovreignty to the UN or any other agency.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#975285 Sep 3, 2013
Whatever wrote:
More Kerry quotes
"Will you obey the law?"
Kerry "Well, we intend to win."
"In 2002, Kerry voted to authorize the President "to use force, if necessary, to disarm Saddam Hussein", but warned that the administration should exhaust its diplomatic avenues before launching war. "

et

"UN inspectors did in fact visit Parchin in 2005. But they did not see the place where the IAEA now believes the explosives chamber was built. "

Is that the last time the U.N. checked this stuff out?????? 2005?
SERIOUSLY?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#975286 Sep 3, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Total bullshit__stop lying you dumb fk__people know about this stuff. YOU CAN'T LIE. Please stop trying.
Well I can't speak for Walmart since I do not shop there, but; at Costco, there are two self check outs. This is fine for people who know how to maneuver them, but, the elderly people can't do it. Same at Home Depot. What about the cash paying customers? they still need a cashier.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#975287 Sep 3, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
stupidtic
Stay AWAY from my post you lunaTIC, diseased, stalker, mental case sleezeho!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#975288 Sep 3, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know and I would hope that this would be determined before anything happens; not that I think we should enter into a civil war.
I am absolutely against this.
Listen carefully to the words used by both Obama and Kerry regarding their degree of certainty with respect to whether Assad used chemical weapons.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#975289 Sep 3, 2013
Know I've been AWOL for a few days...but would any of you older veterans know why a military officer would need Top Secret Clearance in 1950?

Just a personal question.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min loose cannon 178,098
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 20 min JOEL 69,401
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 50 min God Still Loves You 49,881
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr James 68,514
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Twisted Nixon 46,740
Amy 9-20 3 hr Kuuipo 6
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr texas pete 4,723
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info