Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 44,783)

Showing posts 895,641 - 895,660 of1,072,636
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

THE LOW LIFE LIBERAL GLOBALISTS SOUNDS LIKE CONSER-REPUBLICANS The proposed limited strikes, using Raytheon’s $3-million Tomahawk missiles (tastefully named for a weapon of a people the U.S. military ethnically cleansed) is expected to cost many millions and possibly $1 billion, should nothing go wrong. That money, spent on aid for victims of this war, rather than on escalating the violence, could save a large number of lives. Failure to so spend it is an immoral act.

TAKING ACTION

Over 40,000 people already chose to click here to tell Congress and the president not to attack Syria.

Already it’s making a difference. Our actions so far have helped compel President Obama to seek Congressional authorization before any attack.

Now we have a week to work with. We start with a majority of the public on our side. We have to hold off a flood of pro-war propaganda, and we have to compel Congress to represent us. And we can do this.

The first step is to click here and add your voice.

Second, please send this to everyone you think might add their voice as well.

Third, organize locally to pressure your Congress member and senators, while they are in their districts and states this week, to commit to voting “No” on a U.S. attack on Syria.

We who reject arguments for war are a majority now. We are a majority in Britain, where Parliament has already voted “No.” We are a majority in Germany, which will not take part. We are a majority in France, where Parliament will be heard from soon. And we are a majority in the United States. Let Congress hear from you now!

The terrible and widespread killing in Syria will become even more terrible and more widespread if the U.S. military launches an attack. The White House has no proposal to win a war, only to inject greater violence into a war, prolonging and escalating it.

Contrary to White House claims, Congress cannot authorize war and support a peace process at the same time. Escalating the violence will block, rather than facilitate, peace. Congress is going to have to choose.

Albert Camus summarized the choice now before us:“In such a world of conflict, a world of victims and executioners, it is the job of thinking people, not to be on the side of the executioners.”

Click here to oppose a military attack on Syria, and to urge Congress and the president instead to work for a ceasefire, to pressure Saudi Arabia, the Gulf states, and Turkey, to halt the flow of weapons, and to pressure Russia and Iran to do the same.

Starting September 9th, if you can, be in Washington, D.C., to prevent this war.
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

THE DEMOCRATIC president obama is now the war monger with all the support from the MORANS lololololhahahahahaah

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
"Implied" is that the new buzz word for "I misstated your comment than argued and ranted for hours against a straw man"?
The distinction between than and then does you in every time, there, JJ. CEO Strawman Unlimited.

Since: May 11

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
"Implied" is that the new buzz word for "I misstated your comment than argued and ranted for hours against a straw man"?
Implied is like lying when you word a statement with the intent of misinformation.

"40, 000 Longshoremen quit the union over Obamacare" Is the same as a lie because:

1) 40,000 Longshoremen are still in the same union they have always been

2) The main reason for ending their association with the AFL-CIO was not Obamacare. If not for the actions described in the first 5 paragraphs of that letter, they would likely still be associated with the AFL-CIO because they were associated for 3-4 years after the Obamacare support was made known.

Get ot yet.

WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

NEXT TO WAR OBAMAS NEXT FAVORITE AGENDA Obama to meet with gay activists in Russia this week close second

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if you ignore the US Constitution.
"John Galt"
While I am definitely not in favor not in favor of American action in Syria does not the war powers act give the president the authority to act?
Peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? What have they done except to pass meaningless gun control legislation?
I've been in a school for fifteen years that has closed circuit cameras at many locations on campus, an armed resource officer, metal detectors, monthly code red drills, etc...What have you freaks done besides sell a few mo' biggah weapons with the "Obama's gonna' take away your guns" lie and shoot a few more fat ass guns-for-gonads at "training."
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

What happened to the McDonald's protests for $15 per hour?
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Glenmora, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Seems fair for a condumb mentality, no?
Your birth certificate is an apology from the condom factory......
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>The distinction between than and then does you in every time, there, JJ. CEO Strawman Unlimited.
The distinction between maid and made has done you in every time you idiot...

It's the culture...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

WOW wrote:
NEXT TO WAR OBAMAS NEXT FAVORITE AGENDA Obama to meet with gay activists in Russia this week close second
Not satisfied with meddling in Syria, Obama is now interfering in Russia's internal affairs.
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

OBAMA wants it to seem as if his dictatorship was voted on by the people this war will usher in the NWO and Obama will be the first AMERICAN DICTATOR he will become Americas Assad,Saddam,Castro,only he will be worst THE CURTAINS WERE DROPPED ON THE AMERICAN PRESIDENCY not first Black president but LAST AMERICAN FREE PRESIDENCY his color was not racial for the people who put him in place it was symbolic curtain falls fade to BLACK!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"John Galt"
While I am definitely not in favor not in favor of American action in Syria does not the war powers act give the president the authority to act?
Peace
If the act is constitutional, which has never been tested and is unlikely.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Glenmora, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! I'm still looking for white doggie coat fen phen!
Sorry donger, you'll just have to settle for white albino rat. Once the dem national convention is convened, I can get you pelts by the thousands....
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

Rightwingers are in full idiot mode today.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

Among those Republicans who are crossing the aisle to support President Obama is Cantor, who said in a statement that America has a compelling national security interest in the conflict.

“There are no easy solutions and a one-off military strike is not by itself an adequate strategy, but I am convinced that the risks of inaction outweigh the risks of a limited intervention," Cantor said.

I thought Cantor was the darling of the Tea Baggers? I guess he's a Rhino now.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Your birth certificate is an apology from the condom factory......
Oh, lookit, all the brain dead aged sock puppets come in for Happy Hour...I'm out--honestly, I had no idea I'd wandered into a gay bar although your cute little Walk In Closet decor should have given me a hint. Off with you, slight man...
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure enough Flo, I'll buy you a ticket to Syria so you can tell them your plan. Fken delusional mental case tic.
At least it gives the innocent a chance of being spared yet MORE bombs lobbed.

We are NOT the police of the WORLD.

You fkn nutcase piece of trash.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
What happened to the McDonald's protests for $15 per hour?
A robot roll out and told them they are all fired.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>The distinction between than and then does you in every time, there, JJ. CEO Strawman Unlimited.
Wow, what a well thought out commentary against what was stated.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 895,641 - 895,660 of1,072,636
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

92 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NRA mouthpiece Wayne LaPierre quiet 3 min joey 35
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 3 min boundary painter 1,097
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min No Warming 45,520
Word (Dec '08) 6 min boundary painter 4,575
Amy 7-11 7 min boundary painter 16
Illuminati Membership Form Is Out In Lagos State 12 min mr ben 1
Fun Song Combos (Sep '12) 14 min boundary painter 352
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 24 min Jacques from Ottawa 173,699
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 2:02PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE