Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1384161 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

WOW

New York, NY

#975760 Sep 4, 2013
March on Washington Commemoration an “Obscenity”

The 50th anniversary of the March on Washington “was a government-corporate affair, sponsored by Pepsi-Cola, Coca-Cola and everybody that could give Al Sharpton and the people that were organizing that march a check,” said veteran South Carolina activist and writer Kevin Alexander Gray.“It was a farce, it was an obscenity. The people were props. There was no demand on the administration,” said Gray.“Sharpton is the administration’s yard dog.”

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#975761 Sep 4, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Good thing you support bushie boy then, right?
Oh wait! He actually sent people to their deaths for nothing!
But at least he obtained his objective, right?
Oh wait! No he didn't! No wmd's!
By golly all he and the cons did was spend money, make corporations rich and kill Americans.
I wish cons would stop 'helping' Americans.....
Hey Ghostie! The trees turning up there in 'The Valley' yet.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#975762 Sep 4, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The really dumb ones are those like you who don't know there is no civil war in Syria. While Obama was president, Al Qaeda went from hiding in caves to invading Syria and waging a full scale war with the Syrian army.
Al Qaeda is the... how did Obama put it for what he wants here... "security force that's just as well armed" as the army for the Muslim Brotherhood. The plan was for the Musliim Brotherhood to recreate the old United Arab Republic under their control. However, the Egyptians threw their asses out of government before that could happen.
Today, they are desperate to have a country to control, and Syria is in play.
If Assad falls, Al Qaeda gets chemical weapons.
Do you support Obama's plan to get Americans killed so Al Qaeda can get chemical weapons and the Muslim Brotherhood can have a country to control after they got tossed out of Egypt?
Personally, if true, I'd be happy to have all the 'bad guys' in one country son.

But you dummies would prefer a much more world wide organization instead.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#975763 Sep 4, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me get this straight. You have never read the writings of nor do you have no clue who this person yet, but you are taking swipes at the unknown.
Paranoia gone a muck.
lol! You mean like you idiots talking about Alinsky?

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#975764 Sep 4, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama on the 'red line': I didn't draw that. Somebody else made that happen. Not my fault.
I'm surprised he didn't blame Bush
TSM

El Paso, TX

#975765 Sep 4, 2013
Many in Middle East struggling to understand Obama policy their not alone the American People not only struggles to understand his Foreign but his Domestic policies both are Disaster!!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#975766 Sep 4, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
He recently praised President Assad for protecting Christians in Syria
There's something wrong with that guy
Well, we know where his genes come from.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#975767 Sep 4, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> But that was not what you said in your first post concerning this.
Well, doofus, when I posted that there was no reason given for the change. When a few minutes later a reason was given I posted that.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#975768 Sep 4, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The leader of Hezbollah said that Assad's use of chemical weapons was a huge mistake. Seems as though there is no doubt in his mind.
Former Syrian defense minister Gen Ali Habib has broken with Assad and has defected to Turkey. Habib was also an important member of Assad's Alawite sect.
Interesting.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#975769 Sep 4, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
John Kerry says Assad used chemical weapons.
Who here believes anything that comes out of Kerry's mouth? I haven't seen a shred of evidence yet.
This looks like Obama is running the old "Gulf of Tonkin end run" on us, looking for some excuse to help the Muslim Brotherhood find another country where they can take over after they got tossed out in Egypt.
There is no civil war in Syria. It's the usual Shi'ite-Suni bullshit with Al Qaeda invading Syria.
Stay the f**k out. It's a no-win deal.
If the Assad government falls, Al Qaeda will acquire the chemical weapons there.
Who here wants Al Qaeda to get chemical weapons?
lol! Birthers say the same thing about proof son.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#975770 Sep 4, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Good thing you support bushie boy then, right?
Oh wait! He actually sent people to their deaths for nothing!
But at least he obtained his objective, right?
Oh wait! No he didn't! No wmd's!
By golly all he and the cons did was spend money, make corporations rich and kill Americans.
I wish cons would stop 'helping' Americans.....
It's rather obvious you are a loser, Jail house wife and/or lap dancer bitch Gilligan. You a tap and lap dancer in a circus sucking your ass Clowns you idiot.

It's the culture...
WOW

New York, NY

#975771 Sep 4, 2013
Democrats are presenting dubious rationales for backing Obama to the hilt as he plans Syria’s destruction.”

The United States will soon be at war against Syria. The president told us so. He also told us that he didn’t care if the United Nations Security Council went along with his plans or not. He said he would ask Congress for approval but also implied that it wouldn’t really matter if he didn’t get it from them either. As we have pointed out in Black Agenda Report, it isn’t just Assad who Obama wants out, but the rules of domestic and international law that stand in his way of keeping the imperial project alive.

There are many villains in this tale. First is president Obama himself, who like all presidents is nothing but the smoothest talking of all the bottom feeders who auditioned for the job. Then of course are the other ambitious yet craven people who want nothing more than to be in the embrace of the powerful. Democrats are presenting dubious rationales for backing Obama to the hilt as he plans Syria’s destruction. Bill Richardson, a former Democratic governor and United Nations ambassador resurrected George W. Bush when he called for “a coalition of the willing” to attack Syria. How pathetic. Richardson couldn’t even come up with his own trope.

The black misleadership scoundrels are also worthy of scorn in this crime. Van Jones was tossed under the wheels of Obama’s bus yet has sung his praises ever since. As a “left” commentator on CNN he said,“If you kill Assad right now, wonderful.” Jones also claimed that the United States overthrew a dictator in Iran in 1953. Of course Mohammed Mossadegh was democratically elected and Jones was left to feebly explain that he meant to use the word leader.

“It isn’t just Assad who Obama wants out, but the rules of domestic and international law.”

Jones wasn’t alone in trashing black Americans’ historic opposition to military aggression. We didn’t really need further proof that black politics has reached its nadir under Obama, but Eleanor Holmes Norton provided us with more. The non-voting Washington DC delegate to congress had this to say about why Obama will probably win congressional approval for more death and destruction.“If [Obama] gets saved at all, I think it’ll be because, it’ll be because of loyalty of Democrats. They just don’t want to see him shamed and humiliated on the national stage.” Not satisfied at her public expression of stupidity she had this to say.“At the moment, that’s the only reason I would vote for it if I could vote on it.” So shallow and shameful were Norton’s words that one might be tempted to support the district’s powerless status.

Boot licking and misplaced race pride would not be enough to send more people to their deaths if we had true journalism in this country instead of a corporate controlled media. Like Bush, Obama has no reason to fear that his tall tales will be presented as anything other than fact.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#975772 Sep 4, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You lost your argument with "sociopath". What are you even talking about? Romney would have put people back to work. You can't care more about the middle class than that.
Progressive liberalism is poisoning any common sense we have left and weakening the very foundation on which most of us once stood.
Give me a leader who happens to be a Mormon any day.
ROTFLMAO!!!!!

"....Romney would have put people back to work....."

Not from his track record.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#975773 Sep 4, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Although I am disgusted that anyone would use such weapons it is my belief that any action, militarily, will ignite a regional war that will spread out of our control.
I think most people feel this way
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#975774 Sep 4, 2013
<quoted text>
And that wowfreak gets his rocks off by taking up an entire page that no one will read. Nutjob.
Great chess move, eh lily?

McCain Pulls Support for Syria Plan

AP

Sen. McCain, the president's strongest ally for a strike in Syria, deals administration a setback by opposing a Senate proposal for use of force, as he pushes for a more aggressive plan.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#975775 Sep 4, 2013
While Obama is focusing on Syria, Pakistan is becoming a major concern. Is that also going to be allowed to fester before any intervention or is WAR the only option recognized by Obama.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#975776 Sep 4, 2013
<quoted text>
We have that here too; it's certainly convenient for people who work long hours in offices. Not too many people want to be washing their own cars in 100 degree weather, especially the old folks.
Not high on my list of things to do. Ten bucks in the Laser Wash once a month is good enough. Have a step side so the brush machines can't clean it.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#975777 Sep 4, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Brilliant as an aerial bomb, one flash, one bang, and gone...
This guy hasn't the moxie God gave a horse, yet you and 'Obama Money' voted for him, along with 50 million other mentally impaired voters. who were probably looking for a handout?
lol! Well, you've proven yourself a liar once again so what you say really doesn't matter does it son?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#975778 Sep 4, 2013
This Syria debacle is what you get when you don't have an oppositional press keeping the president sharp.

This United Blue, let's all share a brain, has made a total mess out of diplomacy and common sense.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#975779 Sep 4, 2013
“You know, I have to say that if I were here in Europe, I’d probably be considered right in the middle, maybe center-left, maybe center-right, depending on the country. In the United States, sometimes the names I’m called are quite different.” 

Here's a name for you, mr president..."cry baby"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 214,646
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr TRD 70,614
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr CrunchyBacon 102,045
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr SweLL GirL 8,466
Instagram fitness journey FOLLOW 7 hr Tylerwkline 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr The Donald_ 59,545
Quit trashing Obama's accomplishments. He's don... 8 hr Go Blue Forever 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages