Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Whatever

Gering, NE

#975169 Sep 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
Among those Republicans who are crossing the aisle to support President Obama is Cantor, who said in a statement that America has a compelling national security interest in the conflict.
“There are no easy solutions and a one-off military strike is not by itself an adequate strategy, but I am convinced that the risks of inaction outweigh the risks of a limited intervention," Cantor said.
I thought Cantor was the darling of the Tea Baggers? I guess he's a Rhino now.
The term is 'RINO'
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#975170 Sep 3, 2013
If Obama was the so-called dictator, Marxist, communist etc etc etc ad nauseum that you rightwing idiots have said he is, why would he seek approval from Congress?

Besides I thought Valerie Jarret or George Soros was really in charge.

Rightwingers are funny.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#975171 Sep 3, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>I've been in a school for fifteen years that has closed circuit cameras at many locations on campus, an armed resource officer, metal detectors, monthly code red drills, etc...What have you freaks done besides sell a few mo' biggah weapons with the "Obama's gonna' take away your guns" lie and shoot a few more fat ass guns-for-gonads at "training."
Yeah, Miss Grammar, is incompetent at putting a logic thought together.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#975172 Sep 3, 2013
So what's the latest on Obama's birth certificate?

Did Sheriff Joe and his posse ever return from Hawaii?

There's an oldie but a goodie.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#975173 Sep 3, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"John Galt"
While I am definitely not in favor not in favor of American action in Syria does not the war powers act give the president the authority to act?
Peace
Geez Eed don't confuse Liar Galt, he's having a real bad day with Kerry laughing at his senator Boxer and then his say habla hero Mark Rubio lining up behind DaBammy.

And Eed__would you kindly tidy these dummies up about longshoremen, you're a pro on that stuff right?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#975174 Sep 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
Among those Republicans who are crossing the aisle to support President Obama is Cantor, who said in a statement that America has a compelling national security interest in the conflict.
“There are no easy solutions and a one-off military strike is not by itself an adequate strategy, but I am convinced that the risks of inaction outweigh the risks of a limited intervention," Cantor said.
I thought Cantor was the darling of the Tea Baggers? I guess he's a Rhino now.
A warmongering Obama will never win or get the support of Congress you sellout.... Sometimes in the winds of change obama will find his direction.

It's the culture...
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#975175 Sep 3, 2013
And the lies and double talk begins in regards to Syria, after stating just 3 days ago that no troops would be deployed.

Secretary of State John F. Kerry refused Tuesday to rule out putting U.S. troops on the ground in Syria, saying the president needs to retain the ability to send in forces in very select circumstances as the Obama administration officially began to make its case for retaliatory military strikes on the Assad regime.

Testifying to the Senate, Mr. Kerry accused critics of “armchair isolationism” and said there are risks to acting, but that the risks of inaction are even worse. But asked whether President Obama would accept an authorization from Congress that specifically banned putting U.S. troops on the ground in Syria, the secretary balked.

“I don’t want to take off the table an option that might or might not be available to the president that might secure our country,” he said, pointing to a hypothetical situation in which the U.S. would want troops to go in to secure a chemical weapons cache from falling into the hands of terrorists.

Moments later, however, realizing his statement could be a problem, Mr. Kerry sought to clarify. He said that Mr. Obama will accept whatever restrictions Congress wants to place to make sure that the U.S. doesn’t get drawn into the actual fight between the regime and the rebels.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/sep/...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#975176 Sep 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If the act is constitutional, which has never been tested and is unlikely.
lol! Are you arguing both sides of the coin now that USAsince1680 has schooled you son?

My, my. You people never tire of that game.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#975177 Sep 3, 2013
Obama supports the sides in the Middle east that KILLS CHRISTIANS, Egypt, Libya, Syria for a so called christian why doesnt he mention the killings of COPTIC CHRISTIANS IN THE MIDDLE EAST lololololohahahahahahahaha IT just seems strange
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#975178 Sep 3, 2013
flack wrote:
We are about to open Pandora's box. Once opened you can't get the stuff back in.
Flack now officially channeling Fox News.

Actual Fox News headline -

'Pandora's Box': Kerry, Hagel Claim Inaction on Syria 'Dangerous' to US

No wonder you are such a frightened little man, you watch too much Fox News.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#975179 Sep 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If the act is constitutional, which has never been tested and is unlikely.
"John Galt"
Until the act is declared unconstitutional the president has the authority to commit troops at his whim.
Peace
Whatever

Gering, NE

#975180 Sep 3, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-expl...
This tells you who they are & ho is likely to run the country if they can defeat Assad.
The last time chemical weapons were used in large quantities was Iraq in the late 80's. There were doubts as to who used them & Ronald Reagan did nothing.
Obama says we should punish Syria. Looks like Congress will agree.
Yes, one of the two strongest groups is Jabhat al-Nusra, al Qaeda affiliated. I already knew this. Why I stated that concern should be given to removing Assad and turning the country over to Al Qaeda.

Your article did nothing to back up your earlier claims. Your claims that al Qaeda taking over was not a baseless scare tactic is not supported by the article.

I also note you could not NAME one knee jerk reaction to CW in the past.

So Obama says Syria should be punished, is that the end all for you? Are you going to weigh the pro and cons or continue to be an Obot?

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#975181 Sep 3, 2013
Democrats and their love-hate relationship with loving and hating of America going to war...

"Shock: Democrats' Deeply-Felt and Principled Opposition to War in All Its Forms Ended, Coincidentally Enough, Upon the Election of one Barack Hussein Obama, Nobel Peace Lauraeate"

http://ace.mu.nu/
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#975182 Sep 3, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee Homer-maybe they've finally figued out SOME of the REALITIES of the real world?
Personally, I'll take the POPE'S call for PEACE, A-N-Y day.
Doubtful. Homer still weighing/gathering all the information, I'm not sure we can allow the use of chemical weapons.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#975183 Sep 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
If Obama was the so-called dictator, Marxist, communist etc etc etc ad nauseum that you rightwing idiots have said he is, why would he seek approval from Congress?
Besides I thought Valerie Jarret or George Soros was really in charge.
Rightwingers are funny.
As you get older, your secrets are safe with your Independent friends Homer... because, they can't remember them either.

It's the culture...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#975184 Sep 3, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
The term is 'RINO'
I prefer rhinos.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#975185 Sep 3, 2013
Why hasn't Valerie Jarrett ordered missile strikes yet? Where is DBWriter?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#975186 Sep 3, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> A robot roll out and told them they are all fired.
You're a real genius pally__a four million dollar robot rolls out to replace 15 kids who work for P-nuts?

The good news is that the parking lot will have more spaces. Empty ones.
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#975187 Sep 3, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Don't tell Carol or her bff DB.
Syria is a worse shthole than Libya, my own preference would be to pull back and let all those crazy mofo's kill each other off. There's nothing there__oil makes up a quarter of the GDP and then agriculture in the absence of drought, olives and such. Beyond that there's squat.
I agree with Sarah Palin, "let Allah sort it out".
Whatever

Gering, NE

#975188 Sep 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Flack now officially channeling Fox News.
Actual Fox News headline -
'Pandora's Box': Kerry, Hagel Claim Inaction on Syria 'Dangerous' to US
No wonder you are such a frightened little man, you watch too much Fox News.
*rolls eyes*

Read the headline for yourself
Kerry, Hagel claim inaction on Syria 'dangerous' for US

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09/03/ke...

Some lame Leftie confused another website using Pondora Box when linking to FNS in their teaser with the actual headline.

Left couldn't look any dumber than this piece of dishonesty that left poor Homer looking dumb for not checking it out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 min Mister Tonka 98,217
Amy 9-17-14 4 min Toj 15
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min Jay 46,637
Dear Abby 9-17-14 6 min Sublime1 15
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 min JOEL 69,372
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 8 min Rage Poster 49,812
Amy 9-16 12 min Toj 50
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 50 min LRS 178,025
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••