Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1263235 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#975293 Sep 3, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Saddam was so irrelevant that a collation of 30 nations went in against him.
Also, I've been trying to tell Realtime that many nations in the civilized world once considered Saddam an ally and provided him with chemical and biological materials believing they would be used in medical research.

Saddam duped the entire world. Realtime seems to think it was only the U.S. and that we knew he would become an evil tyrannical murderer.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#975294 Sep 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
Why would a dictator go to Congress for permission?
I think that puts the entire 'Obama is a dictator' issue to rest.
Because he is brilliant! He lets them make the decision!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#975295 Sep 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that guy is probably exaggerating. If the Walmart has 14 self-checkout stations, they might have two clerks monitoring them.
Remember, Walmart is banned from minority neighborhoods by the political left, so most of their customers are honest.
Galt agrees that self-checkout would not work in the hood, your neighborhood. In fact, the register clerks might need bulletproof booths.
Deltona is the most racist hick town in central florida... Only an idiot would move and live there...

Overcrowded and under developed, Deltona is home to crazy mean old people, wanna be "gangsta" teenagers... and most importantly, deranged old lunatics.

With a Walgreens on every corner, you'll never have to do without your pharmaceuticals.

The best part about (Deltona) Helltona is that you never know what will get you killed. Maybe over the way you looked at that guy at the gas pump? Or maybe just because someone felt like it.

It's the culture...
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#975296 Sep 3, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Know I've been AWOL for a few days...but would any of you older veterans know why a military officer would need Top Secret Clearance in 1950?
Just a personal question.
It's no wonder there's so much splitting hairs on the timing thing.
What a mess.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#975297 Sep 3, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Good. Too many boot on ships already.
(to match up with the the sloppy that's being slung)
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#975299 Sep 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen carefully to the words used by both Obama and Kerry regarding their degree of certainty with respect to whether Assad used chemical weapons.
Either way; I hope we stay out of it. It seems that the Republicans are on board and Congress will give the go ahead. We shall see. Two years and 100,000 dead; what difference does it make how the remaining 1400 were killed? Dead is dead. Let it play out by itself and stay out.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#975300 Sep 3, 2013
Obama wants to go after low hanging fruit and bully a puny country like Syria that poses no threat to us, based on "intelligence" just like we got about WMDs in Iraq, but what about the country that is the real threat and developing Nuclear Weapons, Iran?

We already know how well it worked out for Obama in Libya and Egypt.

Al Qaeda loves Obama.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#975301 Sep 3, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
stupidtic
Obviously, you are.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#975302 Sep 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
In fairness, there is typically one clerk provided to monitor all the unmanned lanes and to resolve any problems.
Realtime still shops at the A&P.
That's funny. The A&P.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#975303 Sep 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Either way; I hope we stay out of it. It seems that the Republicans are on board and Congress will give the go ahead. We shall see. Two years and 100,000 dead; what difference does it make how the remaining 1400 were killed? Dead is dead. Let it play out by itself and stay out.
You last sentence makes sense. That's pretty good for you, lily.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#975304 Sep 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Well I can't speak for Walmart since I do not shop there, but; at Costco, there are two self check outs. This is fine for people who know how to maneuver them, but, the elderly people can't do it. Same at Home Depot. What about the cash paying customers? they still need a cashier.
What is there to passing the bar code over the scanner?

Before long there will be no choice, just as there is little choice any more about direct deposit, return of cancelled checks, etc.

Kind of foolish to pay cash at Costco when you get a discount for using their credit card.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#975305 Sep 3, 2013
Whatever wrote:
When asked about boots on the ground.
Kerry said,“I don’t want to take off the table an option that might or might not be available to the President of the United States to secure our country.”
NO rogue weaponary nation rebuilding!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#975306 Sep 3, 2013
<quoted text>
The American public is NOT believing the lies of mere "chemical weapons" though.
OR just a little "over the bow" thing.
The IAEA wants to visit Parchin as part of its probe into allegations that Iran is trying to militarize its civil nuclear program. But despite two rounds of high-level talks in January and February Iran has not agreed to the agency's access request, insisting its nuclear work is entirely peaceful.
Meanwhile, Obama focuses on Syria, a country mired in civil war, while ignoring the real threat of Iran.

Go figure.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#975307 Sep 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Obama has mishandled Syria over the past few years. The good/very good options he once had to fix Syria, are in the rearview mirror.

The War Mongering Sickness and Poison of Unconscious Plantation Liberalism

It's the culture...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#975308 Sep 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Well I can't speak for Walmart since I do not shop there, but; at Costco, there are two self check outs. This is fine for people who know how to maneuver them, but, the elderly people can't do it. Same at Home Depot. What about the cash paying customers? they still need a cashier.
Why do you approve of Costco, but not Walmart/Sam's Club, given that both are non-union mass market big box retailers?
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#975309 Sep 3, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, I've been trying to tell Realtime that many nations in the civilized world once considered Saddam an ally and provided him with chemical and biological materials believing they would be used in medical research.
Saddam duped the entire world. Realtime seems to think it was only the U.S. and that we knew he would become an evil tyrannical murderer.
Do you remember the cuban missile crisis?

I was a little bit too young to remember listening to much about it.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#975310 Sep 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Meanwhile, Obama focuses on Syria, a country mired in civil war, while ignoring the real threat of Iran.
Go figure.
Wierd huh.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#975311 Sep 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Because he is brilliant! He lets them make the decision!
Obama allowed Syria to fester like the Herpes sore on your racist ass...

It's the culture...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#975312 Sep 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Irrelecent.
Smoke screens up the media butts in action.
Galt disagrees. Both Obama and Kerry left some uncertainty about their intelligence with respect to chemical weapons. If there are none, they can still blame George Bush or the CIA or the Joint Chie4fs or the NSA or anybody but themselves.

Kerry said that hair and blood samples proving use of chemical weapons were obtained from "first responders in East Damascus."

Who are these guys and what was the chain of custody?
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#975313 Sep 3, 2013
Hillarys having Kosovo flashbacks.(must be the NATO Libya similarity)
-------
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton supports President Barack Obama’s planned “strong and targeted” response to reported chemical weapons use by Syrian president Bashar Assad, an aide tells NBC News.

“Secretary Clinton supports the president's effort to enlist the Congress in pursuing a strong and targeted response to the Assad regime's horrific use of chemical weapons," said a senior aide to Clinton in her camp’s

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ask Amy July 31 23 min RACE 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 24 min PEllen 100,296
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 32 min Earthling-1 54,350
Amy 7-30-15 51 min PEllen 1
abby7-31-15 55 min RACE 1
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 59 min Mark 52,063
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Enter 194,506
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages