Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1232042 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#975190 Sep 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Flack now officially channeling Fox News.
Actual Fox News headline -
'Pandora's Box': Kerry, Hagel Claim Inaction on Syria 'Dangerous' to US
No wonder you are such a frightened little man, you watch too much Fox News.
Flack also channels the Jetsons.

I hear he built a garage on his roof a few years ago.

I already have him beat. My 3D Printer makes me coffee every morning. Sure the stylus is stationary but it is works great..
Whatever

Gering, NE

#975191 Sep 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
If Obama was the so-called dictator, Marxist, communist etc etc etc ad nauseum that you rightwing idiots have said he is, why would he seek approval from Congress?
Besides I thought Valerie Jarret or George Soros was really in charge.
Rightwingers are funny.
Only after the British Parliament said "no". Think real hard Homer, you will figure it out.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#975192 Sep 3, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You're a real genius pally__a four million dollar robot rolls out to replace 15 kids who work for P-nuts?
The good news is that the parking lot will have more spaces. Empty ones.
That's our Flack.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#975193 Sep 3, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Geez Eed don't confuse Liar Galt, he's having a real bad day with Kerry laughing at his senator Boxer and then his say habla hero Mark Rubio lining up behind DaBammy.
And Eed__would you kindly tidy these dummies up about longshoremen, you're a pro on that stuff right?
You are a very special kind of stupid aren't you?

You don't know where you are going idiot, but you are on the way.

Those who wish to sing... Realtime always find a worthless drunken song.

It's the culture...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#975194 Sep 3, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
*rolls eyes*
Read the headline for yourself
Kerry, Hagel claim inaction on Syria 'dangerous' for US
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09/03/ke...
Some lame Leftie confused another website using Pondora Box when linking to FNS in their teaser with the actual headline.
Left couldn't look any dumber than this piece of dishonesty that left poor Homer looking dumb for not checking it out.
Listen shitforbrains, is the headline there or not? Did Flack post the word Pandora's box or not? I already know the answers to these questions so why not just GFY?
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#975195 Sep 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
If Obama was the so-called dictator, Marxist, communist etc etc etc ad nauseum that you rightwing idiots have said he is, why would he seek approval from Congress?
Besides I thought Valerie Jarret or George Soros was really in charge.
Rightwingers are funny.
There's no country that has attacked us Homer...domestic and international law thus applies.

And being as we actually (in REALITY) can NOT control the world OR it's reactions..it can be said ONLY for our part, this, this "punish Assad" quest of just "small proportion" can NOT be assured to be just that.

Makes anyone wonder how many Warships it takes to launch "just a missile or few, over the bow", doesn't it. But then again, looks Russia's already had ships in teh area for quite some time.
Wonder how all those guys on the Nimitz that was slated to head back to the U.S. feel about this little side trip?

May a good God of peace and along with the Pope's call for prayer and Peace, help us all.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#975196 Sep 3, 2013
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with Sarah Palin, "let Allah sort it out".
Just let our troops get out of the region first...and root for Israel.

Peace.

"Bring the Troops home".
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#975197 Sep 3, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>As you get older, your secrets are safe with your Independent friends Homer... because, they can't remember them either.
It's the culture...
Hey now...that's NOT always the case !!

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#975198 Sep 3, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, one of the two strongest groups is Jabhat al-Nusra, al Qaeda affiliated. I already knew this. Why I stated that concern should be given to removing Assad and turning the country over to Al Qaeda.
Your article did nothing to back up your earlier claims. Your claims that al Qaeda taking over was not a baseless scare tactic is not supported by the article.
I also note you could not NAME one knee jerk reaction to CW in the past.
So Obama says Syria should be punished, is that the end all for you? Are you going to weigh the pro and cons or continue to be an Obot?
"affiliated"

So you're back to Al Qaeda running Syria.

You people really are dumber than sh*t.

Bush wet to war in Iraq because he said Sadam just had WMDs.

There is no knee jerk reaction. The possibility has been there for quite some time.

The cons is doing nothing & sending the message that it is OK to use chemical weapons. The ban on their use had kept these weapons on the shelf for decades.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#975199 Sep 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Listen shitforbrains, is the headline there or not? Did Flack post the word Pandora's box or not? I already know the answers to these questions so why not just GFY?
You're not crazy Homer. You are just upset because your imaginary friend is mad and won't talk to you...

You are a very special kind of stupid aren't you?

It's the culture...
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#975200 Sep 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
Why hasn't Valerie Jarrett ordered missile strikes yet? Where is DBWriter?
Imagine how all those millions of people have felt, seeing all those ships off the coast.
As if they don't see enough bomb lobbing and acts of war all the time already.

The U.N should've mandated a CIVILIZED meeting of the nations way before this, and sanctioned ANY one who didn't attend.

Sad. Just when the U.S. was heading out and the middle east stuff was starting to return to the middle east as usual.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#975201 Sep 3, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, what a well thought out commentary against what was stated.
You should strive for that level son.

Of course, that would require you to do free thinking!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#975202 Sep 3, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
WHOOSH for the third time!
Obama is requesting more than missile strikes in his proposal to Congress.
Talking about not catching on to a FACT the first time stated.
Next time try denying Obama is requesting more than missile strikes-although a lie-it would be an indication that you are at least catching on.
Obama has made it very clear that he will not put boots on the ground. I don't think he could possibly make it any clearer.

Obama: "This is not Iraq. This is not Afghanistan"...it is "proportional, it is limited, it does not involve boots on the ground." You are clueless.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#975203 Sep 3, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
"affiliated"
There is no knee jerk reaction. The possibility has been there for quite some time.
The cons is doing nothing & sending the message that it is OK to use chemical weapons. The ban on their use had kept these weapons on the shelf for decades.
Dave, are you going to sit there and lie about Saddam Hussein using CW on his people?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#975204 Sep 3, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has made it very clear that he will not put boots on the ground. I don't think he could possibly make it any clearer.
Obama: "This is not Iraq. This is not Afghanistan"...it is "proportional, it is limited, it does not involve boots on the ground." You are clueless.
In the age of information...Your ignorance and running on empty is still a morons best choice.

The War Mongering Sickness and Poison of Unconscious Liberalism

It's the culture...
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#975205 Sep 3, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
"affiliated"
They did have WMD's Duhmbo...AND they invaded another nation, that requested our allied help pushing Saddam back into his own ruins.

What's the point of lobbing missiles if no regime change is not the goal?
Is lobbing missiles going to stop future use of (still in place) chemical weapons? Or just help al qeada/Hezbollah/Hamas have easier access to them?

Sigh...What a mess.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#975206 Sep 3, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
What is mindless is your comment in comparison to what Kerry is saying in the hearing. You know, nothing is off the table comment

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#975207 Sep 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Flack now officially channeling Fox News.
Actual Fox News headline -
'Pandora's Box': Kerry, Hagel Claim Inaction on Syria 'Dangerous' to US
No wonder you are such a frightened little man, you watch too much Fox News.
I f Fox News used that it was news to me. I rarely watch Fox. CNN is usually on the TV but have been to busy lately to turn them on.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#975208 Sep 3, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just boots on boats...Until every one that gets po'd at the U.S.-- ramps up even worse and takes it out on Israel...and any of the rest of the boots in the region????

Just unreal.

ISOLATIONISM 2014-2015!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#975209 Sep 3, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it was so brilliant to give China nuclear power technology is your claim?
Duh!!! A nuclear reactor is not a nuclear weapon.

There is a huge difference between providing China with the technology involved in producing nuclear power and the technology necessary to produce nuclear weapons. Educate yourself for pete's sake.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr fork job 189,630
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr red and right 53,456
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 2 hr _Zoey_ 404
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr _Zoey_ 5,237
Dear Abby 5-22-15 3 hr tiredofit 8
Another chilly, gloomy summer predicted for Chi... 6 hr Civil Blotter XIV 1
Amy 5-22-15 7 hr Julie 8
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 14 hr editor 99,531
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]