Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Read more
DumbDave

Rocky Hill, CT

#975049 Sep 3, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama doing what he wants. Why is that checkmate.
Republican leadership on board.
Ask you fellow nutcase Lily. She is the one that brought in the "brilliant" chess move by Obama

Try to keep up, DumbDave.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#975050 Sep 3, 2013
flack wrote:
We are about to open Pandora's box. Once opened you can't get the stuff back in.
Bush did that in Iraq stooge__and that stupid shit led us to another shthole eaten up with sectarian nonsense.

What do you think started the Syrian civil war???
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#975051 Sep 3, 2013
Obama doesn't have to ask Congress to bomb Syria. But should he?

There is ample precedent in recent history -- and with precedent, the more recent, the more authoritative -- to support the view that the president does not need a joint resolution of Congress, much less a declaration of war, in order to initiate hostilities on a valid constitutional basis. The rescue of the Mayaguez (Ford), the Iran hostage rescue attempt (Carter), the invasion of Grenada (Reagan), the intervention in Lebanon (Reagan), the invasion of Panama (Bush), the air attacks on Serbia (Clinton), and the cruise missile attacks on Afghanistan and Sudan (Clinton) are all recent examples.

Beyond the presidential case law, the history and text of the Constitution support the president's authority to take unilateral military action, though that may come as a surprise to many people

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2013/09...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#975052 Sep 3, 2013
TSM wrote:
I guess Boehner/Cantor ‘Republican Rhinos’ feels important after Obama gave them Five Minutes of his time both supports Obama military action in Syria could either Boehner/Cantor if asked answer this question’ what’s the End Game?
Does it matter? Follow the money; how much is AIPAC paying them?
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#975053 Sep 3, 2013
Many here have a short site of vision which is obscuring what lays ahead, if this chemical attack goes without reprimand.
Allowing Syria to ignore their obligations to humanity by using, prohibited lethal chemical weaponry, without reprimand, will send a negative message. Perforation of chemical aggression would be entertained by less than scrupulous organizations will arise and increase. A limited demonstration to suppress the use of chemical weapons is required.
Obama has demonstrated his ethical responsibilities in answering to conflicting issues of violence by corrupted organizations. Some accuse Obama of some tyrannical conspiracy and yet the facts do not support their accusations.
Yes I see a pattern; Is it conspiracy?
Capture of Osama without archaic torture tactics.{Mathematical algorithms} No invasion of Pakistan with hundreds of $Billions for the military industrialist.
Libya’s war, without one American solider dying in its entire operation and objective. Completed within months.
Obtains a water downed Health Care system for our nation in spite of the most dysfunctional congress in our nations history.
Returned economic stability in record time, from the brink of the abysses of a Great Depression. Faster economic recovery, than Clinton, Reagan and F.D.R.
Seeking to expand our ruined higher education of which we are no longer the “best in the world”.
I have a dream that some day our nation will discover the benefits of Universal Education. Some Western Industrious Nations have, for years, proven its necessity and its benefits generating returns to their industrious nation for increase progress.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#975054 Sep 3, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Please list the other uses of sodium and potassium fluoride not related to creating CW.
please explain how the WMDs that Saddam gave Syria have now turned into toothpaste.

so many crazy conspiracy theories to choose from....this week. and not one damn one of them backed up by any facts of any sort.

see what you birthers started!?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#975055 Sep 3, 2013
Cantor Backs Syria Action

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/c...

John Boehner Backs Military Strikes Against Syria

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/j...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#975056 Sep 3, 2013
Matt Drudge:‘Why Would Anyone Vote Republican?’

Matt Drudge, the online news aggregator whose eponymous website is a favorite among conservatives, appeared disenchanted with the Republican Party on Tuesday.

In a pair of tweets, Drudge expressed his opposition to U.S. military action in Syria while arguing that the GOP has failed to give voters a compelling reason to support its candidates.

'Why would anyone vote Republican? Please give reason. Raised taxes; marching us off to war again; approved more NSA snooping. WHO ARE THEY?!'

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/m...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#975057 Sep 3, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
We can not allow chemical weapons utilized especially in the magnitude they were in Syria against innocent civilians.
This idea that Syria would fall into Al Qaeda hands is just plain moronic & fear mongering.
We all know now RealDumbDave is a deranged sellout...

"Shame on you Barack Obama!!"...

The War Mongering Sickness and Poison of Unconscious Liberalism

It's the culture...

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#975058 Sep 3, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Classic! A new "moran" born everyday!
Yeah, well, all these "new" and long absent puppets can't let on that they recognize inside jokes...of course, they could be part of the damnably bad demented and really just can't remember from one post to the next.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#975059 Sep 3, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, who are you trying to kid, Massey? S/He was one of yours; you would never had reported the vulgar, racist misogynist.
If you can't answer or disprove the argument, don't panic you idiot. You can always scream Fox or call people names....

The War Mongering Sickness and Poison of Unconscious Plantation Liberalism

It's the culture...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#975060 Sep 3, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Pro tip: If you think everyone but you is a moron, look in the mirror.
So you're a 'pro' at being a moron?

No argument there son!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#975061 Sep 3, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Bush did that in Iraq stooge__and that stupid shit led us to another shthole eaten up with sectarian nonsense.
Iraq war John Kerry: I voted for the war before I was against it... you idiot

It's the culture...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#975062 Sep 3, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You need better writers. Your disses are even moronic, lack originality and dull.
Go away!
lol! That's what you do son... fly in and fly out on a constant basis.

And it's a good thing I'm dull. But you're still not that high on the intelligence scales!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#975063 Sep 3, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, who are you trying to kid, Massey? S/He was one of yours; you would never had reported the vulgar, racist misogynist.
Think again Melvin. I may not have been the only one but I don't like such talk no matter who.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#975064 Sep 3, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, something works because over 100,000 have been killed. It's a quagmire that we should stay out of. Let Assad kill the AlQuaeda; who cares? Send humanitarian aid to Turkey and Lebanon for the refugees. Ever hear Assad being interviewed? He's not a dumb man.
Meanwhile, the Saudis have pledged to fill the financial void made by the absence of US aide. Good news. Let the Arab League pony up and take care of their own for a change.
Syria was a French colony until about 67 years ago and it's been a fkn shthole ever since the French left. The Ba'ath Party was born in Syria and it's all that has kept the Assad klan in power. The Ba'ath Party, like the Muslim Brotherhood and DB's beloved Wahabbists were all attempts at redefining Islam an already beyond fkd up religion.

Think about how Christianity was, cough, tweaked after it hit the New World. Same sht except US Christians have only taken up arms against one offshoot__that being the Mormons who were slaughtered.

It's hard to believe that any nation would befriend Syria__Russia for olives and oil (snicker) and Iran for the Shiite thingy maybe, but Iranians are Purrrrsians not lowly Arabs__and on and on it goes__doo dah doo dah.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#975065 Sep 3, 2013
I’m all in for doing the Right Thing for the Right Reason but not for going to War to save face for Obama’s Remark ‘Red Line!!’
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#975066 Sep 3, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I vote no on bombing Syria so Obama doesn't have to admit his "red line" comments were the ramblings of a moron who is in over his head.
lol! No. Congress will.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#975068 Sep 3, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Bush did that in Iraq stooge__and that stupid shit led us to another shthole eaten up with sectarian nonsense.
Do you ever get anything right? Bush freed the Iraqi people. Problem is the Muslim Brotherhood seen this as the time to spread Shari'a across the middle east. All of these countries are being overran by jihadist.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#975069 Sep 3, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Give it up Yeahoo, you have a one track mind, but that's in your nature isn't? You have no snow in Hawaii, but a 'snow job' is not with out merit, is it?? You shovel it well!!
lol! Facts are facts son.

Your problem is you can't deal with it since you don't have them.

Oh, and btw, we DO have snow in Hawaii!

So... another LIE on your part my boy!

woohoo!

As usual, your stupidity and ignorance is far, far, far ahead of any intelligence you may have. My guess is it's less than zero!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 8 min Brian_G 51,876
Ask Amy 3-29-15 2 hr Kuuipo 5
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr JRB 185,890
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr litesong 52,331
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Cold Front 69,312
Word (Dec '08) 6 hr _Zoey_ 5,150
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr _Zoey_ 5,815
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]