Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1458269 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

WOW

New York, NY

#975150 Sep 3, 2013
NEXT TO WAR OBAMAS NEXT FAVORITE AGENDA Obama to meet with gay activists in Russia this week close second

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#975151 Sep 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if you ignore the US Constitution.
"John Galt"
While I am definitely not in favor not in favor of American action in Syria does not the war powers act give the president the authority to act?
Peace

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#975152 Sep 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? What have they done except to pass meaningless gun control legislation?
I've been in a school for fifteen years that has closed circuit cameras at many locations on campus, an armed resource officer, metal detectors, monthly code red drills, etc...What have you freaks done besides sell a few mo' biggah weapons with the "Obama's gonna' take away your guns" lie and shoot a few more fat ass guns-for-gonads at "training."
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#975153 Sep 3, 2013
What happened to the McDonald's protests for $15 per hour?
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#975154 Sep 3, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Seems fair for a condumb mentality, no?
Your birth certificate is an apology from the condom factory......
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#975155 Sep 3, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>The distinction between than and then does you in every time, there, JJ. CEO Strawman Unlimited.
The distinction between maid and made has done you in every time you idiot...

It's the culture...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#975156 Sep 3, 2013
WOW wrote:
NEXT TO WAR OBAMAS NEXT FAVORITE AGENDA Obama to meet with gay activists in Russia this week close second
Not satisfied with meddling in Syria, Obama is now interfering in Russia's internal affairs.
WOW

New York, NY

#975157 Sep 3, 2013
OBAMA wants it to seem as if his dictatorship was voted on by the people this war will usher in the NWO and Obama will be the first AMERICAN DICTATOR he will become Americas Assad,Saddam,Castro,only he will be worst THE CURTAINS WERE DROPPED ON THE AMERICAN PRESIDENCY not first Black president but LAST AMERICAN FREE PRESIDENCY his color was not racial for the people who put him in place it was symbolic curtain falls fade to BLACK!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#975158 Sep 3, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"John Galt"
While I am definitely not in favor not in favor of American action in Syria does not the war powers act give the president the authority to act?
Peace
If the act is constitutional, which has never been tested and is unlikely.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#975159 Sep 3, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! I'm still looking for white doggie coat fen phen!
Sorry donger, you'll just have to settle for white albino rat. Once the dem national convention is convened, I can get you pelts by the thousands....
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#975160 Sep 3, 2013
Rightwingers are in full idiot mode today.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#975161 Sep 3, 2013
Among those Republicans who are crossing the aisle to support President Obama is Cantor, who said in a statement that America has a compelling national security interest in the conflict.

“There are no easy solutions and a one-off military strike is not by itself an adequate strategy, but I am convinced that the risks of inaction outweigh the risks of a limited intervention," Cantor said.

I thought Cantor was the darling of the Tea Baggers? I guess he's a Rhino now.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#975162 Sep 3, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Your birth certificate is an apology from the condom factory......
Oh, lookit, all the brain dead aged sock puppets come in for Happy Hour...I'm out--honestly, I had no idea I'd wandered into a gay bar although your cute little Walk In Closet decor should have given me a hint. Off with you, slight man...
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#975163 Sep 3, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure enough Flo, I'll buy you a ticket to Syria so you can tell them your plan. Fken delusional mental case tic.
At least it gives the innocent a chance of being spared yet MORE bombs lobbed.

We are NOT the police of the WORLD.

You fkn nutcase piece of trash.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#975164 Sep 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
What happened to the McDonald's protests for $15 per hour?
A robot roll out and told them they are all fired.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#975165 Sep 3, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>The distinction between than and then does you in every time, there, JJ. CEO Strawman Unlimited.
Wow, what a well thought out commentary against what was stated.
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#975166 Sep 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
Gee Homer-maybe they've finally figued out SOME of the REALITIES of the real world?

Personally, I'll take the POPE'S call for PEACE, A-N-Y day.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#975167 Sep 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
Homer plays it safe with one line cliches. LOL
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#975168 Sep 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
You never realize how boring your life is Homer, until someone asks what you do for fun.

It's the culture...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#975169 Sep 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
Among those Republicans who are crossing the aisle to support President Obama is Cantor, who said in a statement that America has a compelling national security interest in the conflict.
“There are no easy solutions and a one-off military strike is not by itself an adequate strategy, but I am convinced that the risks of inaction outweigh the risks of a limited intervention," Cantor said.
I thought Cantor was the darling of the Tea Baggers? I guess he's a Rhino now.
The term is 'RINO'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why does Chicago want to harbor illegal criminals 12 min ThomasA 17
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 20 min RACE 104,504
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Jacques Ottawa 231,014
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr SweLL GirL 9,843
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr Into The Night 62,314
News Chicago's resistance 10 hr Lickz8951 3
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 11 hr YIM 7,942

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages