Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
894,761 - 894,780 of 1,084,039 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

A Surgical Strike Of Another Kind

Whatever concerns you may have about President Obama ceding too much power to Congress, you have to admit that if he wanted to ignite a civil war between the isolationist and interventionist wings of the Republican Party, he could hardly have picked a better way to do it.

Their common opposition to all things Obama is probably not enough to keep them from tearing themselves apart over the Syria vote.

If so much wasnít at stake, this would be a lot of fun to watch.

http://editors.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives...

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>What does the UN have to do with this? Israel knows better than to trust those clowns? What lies?
You should address your question to our resident Jew, Fetch All stupid. She is the one that was asking why Obama didn't pass the intel onto the United Nations. All I did was point out that we are relying on Israeli intelligence and that should be their responsibility ....not ours. No reason for us to be their go-between.

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
We do NOT need to be doing ANY leading for Terrorist DIRTBAG losers!!
Tell that to your idiotic fringe who are complaining because Obama didn't take action years ago the uprising began. Silly twits. You just can't make up your minds. No wonder your party is so divided.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

A New Low: How the Tea Party Trolled Tim Scott Into Selling Himself Out

Letís play a little game I like to call Way Back When.

Senator Tim Scott, are you listening?

Way Back When the thought of having an African American man elected as a representative of your state would get as many hearty laughs as an episode of the Andy Griffith Show. Way Back When you would have to eat your lunch at separate lunch counters. Way Back When you would have to drink out of a separate water fountain. Way Back When you would attend inferior schools with outdated textbooks and materials. Way Back When people were actively trying to put systems in place to prevent you from participating in a representative democracy.

Well, I guess that last one doesnít seem too far fetched, actually.

This past week, Senator Tim Scott failed miserably at the Way Back When game. As the first African-American senator from the south since 1881 and the first African-American representative from South Carolina since 1897, he, along with other prominent members of the Republican Party, received an invitation to attend the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington. As someone who grew up in poverty, but was able to make something of himself via his hard work and a dedicated mother working 16-hour days, it seemed only natural that Scott would be in attendance for the historical event.

Unfortunately, Tim Scott was nowhere to be found.

As news media began to comment on the clear lack of Conservative presence at the event, the right wing spin machine quickly went to work claiming that the event was some liberal invite only and that no Conservatives were invited. Scott, entering the public eye for his conspicuous absence, also claimed that he too didnít receive an invite. However, news media quickly confirmed that Scott, along with the entire Republican Congressional caucus, did, in fact, receive invites to the event but declined. Some, like Eric Cantor, were too busy dealing with oil lobbyists. Others, like Tim Scott ran into the problem of having to make a decision fearing the wrath of his constituency: The Tea Party.

And we all know how the Tea Party feels about Black folk.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/08/31/low-te...

Scott, like every single member of his party, chose not to attend the event for fear of alienating his base of Tea Party voters. This left an entire political party absent from a moving tribute to one of the most influential figures of the last century.

Hey Republicans, howís that minority outreach working out for you?

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>What does the UN have to do with this? Israel knows better than to trust those clowns? What lies?
Also....intelligence information provided to the United States by Massad should never be trusted as they have their own agenda that is not in our best interest.
Lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
A Surgical Strike Of Another Kind
Whatever concerns you may have about President Obama ceding too much power to Congress, you have to admit that if he wanted to ignite a civil war between the isolationist and interventionist wings of the Republican Party, he could hardly have picked a better way to do it.
Their common opposition to all things Obama is probably not enough to keep them from tearing themselves apart over the Syria vote.
If so much wasnít at stake, this would be a lot of fun to watch.
http://editors.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives...
Brilliant chess move by the President!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Also....intelligence information provided to the United States by Massad should never be trusted as they have their own agenda that is not in our best interest.
As for Assad-INTERPOL if need be...because AMERICA is NOT the worlds police!

INTERPOL issues global security alert advising increased vigilance for terrorist activity

LYON, France Ė Following a series of prison escapes across nine INTERPOL member countries in the past month alone, including in Iraq, Libya and Pakistan, the INTERPOL General Secretariat headquarters has issued a global security alert advising increased vigilance.

With suspected Al Qaeda involvement in several of the breakouts which led to the escape of hundreds of terrorists and other criminals, the INTERPOL alert requests the Organizationís 190 member countriesí assistance in order to determine whether any of these recent events are coordinated or linked.

INTERPOL is asking its member countries to closely follow and swiftly process any information linked to these events and the escaped prisoners. They are also requested to alert the relevant member country and INTERPOL General Secretariat headquarters if any escaped terrorist is located or intelligence developed which could help prevent another terrorist attack.

Staff at INTERPOLís 24-hour Command and Coordination Centre and other specialized units are also prioritizing all information and intelligence in relation to the breakouts or terrorist plots in order to immediately inform relevant member countries of any updates.

August is the anniversary of violent terrorist incidents in Mumbai, India and Gluboky, Russia as well as in Jakarta, Indonesia. This week also marks the 15th anniversary of the US Embassy bombings in Nairobi, Kenya and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania in which more than 200 mostly African citizens were killed and 4,000 others injured.

In recent years, terrorist attacks focusing on diplomatic facilities in Afghanistan, Greece, India, Kenya, Libya, Pakistan, Peru, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tanzania, Turkey and Yemen have also resulted in hundreds of casualties of all nationalities.

The US State Department has also issued a global travel alert in response to credible intelligence suggesting that Al-Qaeda and affiliated organizations continue to plan terrorist attacks between now and 31 August, particularly in the Middle East and North Africa. In addition to the US authorities announcing the one-day closure of more than 20 diplomatic missions on Sunday 4 August, the UK Foreign Office has also confirmed the closure of the British embassy in Yemen on 4 and 5 August.
Lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to your idiotic fringe who are complaining because Obama didn't take action years ago the uprising began. Silly twits. You just can't make up your minds. No wonder your party is so divided.
Russia and China voted against it in the Security Council

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO. You know very well that you people would have been spitting nails(just as you are now) if Obama had taken any unilateral action against Syria. You are the warmongers....not Obama. He did the right thing....we do not need to be the leader of the world.
Didn't that warmonger take unilateral action in Libya?

He actually wanted to once again take unilateral action in Syria but the UK no vote shocked him. It had nothing to do with any opposition.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant chess move by the President!
Brilliant COMMON SENSE and SANE advice by Chief of Staff Denis McDonough.

Good thing boy not so wonderful, herd pack leader of the kiddies on the hill, decided to swipe away all the bullchit being propoganda'ed into his ears and listen. It was the ONLY sane and rational choice he had.
Lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> What does a mandate have to do with coverage. Why don't you say what you really mean? That without the communist government ordering everyone to buy insurance young people won't so there won't be money to pay for older people. This thing is going to be the biggest boondoggle ever forced on the American people.
It's not communist at all. Would you have the same objection if Mitt Romney did it? After all, the mandate is a Republican idea.
I don't like the mandate because we have to buy fom insurance companies, which should be abolished in favor of single payer paid through taxation.
Lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, Yeah. As usual, I am playing catch-up. Still travelling but convinced that I played a very small part in convincing Obama to rethink his course of action. I don't expect him to go against Congress and I don't expect Congress to make the same mistake twice.
However, I need to correct you on one thing, Bush did eventually apologize for his "failure" by admitting the Iraq war was "a clear example of poor judgement" and something that he finds "regrettable".
I trust that Obama has more common sense than Bushie Boy.
George W. Bush, May, 2013:
"After the events of September the 11th, I focused all my energy on protecting America from the next attack." Regrettably in our zeal to defend America, my administration exaggerated threats which - although real - did not constitute a clear and present danger to the United States.
"After my presidency I have come to the belief that the Iraq War, although well intentioned, was unnecessary and too costly to justify. I deeply apologize to the American people and to our soldiers and veterans in particular for engaging them in such a conflict.
"I may have made a mistake - but I think all Americans know that I pride myself on being able to admit my failures."
http://dailycurrant.com/2013/03/20/george-bus...
Wow

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is relying on Israeli intelligence. A better question is why doesn't Israel pass that Intelligence to the United Nations? Could it be they don't want to take responsibility for their lies?
all of a sudden 'O'bama Back to the 1967 lines' is calling Israel our only ally in the region. Kerry said O'bama went over to Syria and got hair and blood samples. ROTFLMAO and listened in on a few phone calls. What a joke.
Lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Ca a Cruz. A fitting slogan. Go for it.
Lol

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The videos that Kerry keeps referring to that 'everyone' is supposed to be horrified by (NOT) are coming straight from O'bama 's rebels. You know the ones--being in a burka and all.

Since: Oct 12

Doerun, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Which "Cold War"...the one "twenty years" ago in Afghanistan, the one where the Berlin wall came down, or the Berlin airdrop era (the years of the ACTUAL "cold war--some 60-65 years ago or so)...

The TEA leaves are axin'...is that yew Mr Reagan? Half hour to appearance time-- Hollywood cawrled-they was just making sure you stage and podium were leveled and ready!!
are you that stupid or do you think I am!!!!!

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Hey O'bama you want to negotiate with the Congress and bomb Syria? DEFUND O'bamacare and you can take that money and bomb away--cause you are going to need it.

Since: Oct 12

Doerun, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Not too difficult when the choice is -slide the pawn to a safe spot or be checkmated -OUT of the game.
lol that's right!! His fast move caught Kerry off guard!!!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
a smart person could have found this.
http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.p...
though it seems that 93% of black murders are committed by blacks. my bad.
and why not comment on the white man telling us about white man problems?
http://www.timwise.org/2013/08/nazis-cant-do-...
considering that everything some black person says about other black people seems to be of the highest credibility....well, as long as he's saying what You want to hear, and i can assure you that Mr. Wise is saying what I want to hear.
and btw....
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in...
do you think there's some correlation between whites committing rape and drinking?
Now explain why is 13% of the Population which is Black here in the US is the most violent race and kills more of their own race besides just think if the Black and the White population were reversed where the Black Population was the majority and the White Population was the Minority the US would be dangerous place to live for sure and would look like modern day Detroit, Michigan and Gary, Indiana where the Blacks are the Majority and have been for years and have destroyed those metro areas which are not safe places to live and I cant say there is a correlation between just only whites committing rape and drinking because that would be with any race that drinks but rape is really high among any race.

Alcohol use by the victim or the perpetrator is frequently associated with acquaintance rape.

http://www.montana.edu/wwwai/imsd/alcohol/Van...
LCNLin

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Russia and China voted against it in the Security Council
Republicans whining again ?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

89 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 min Toj 97,584
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Rogue Scholar 05 175,154
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 min STEFANO COLONNA 68,446
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) 15 min fassdle 527
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 16 min fassdle 6,591
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 min SpaceBlues 45,905
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 18 min fassdle 3,852
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info