Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#974147 Sep 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
very good point.
'Yes dear, just say what they want to hear and maybe they won't start burning crosses on our front yard.'
You all are some really racist SOB's aren't you. No wonder the problem never gets solved with a mindset like that. You libtards should go back and reread your posts and ponder your racist ways.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#974148 Sep 1, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah right__every other word "uh" and on a golf course when his health was to poor to attend the Washington event? Molly Ivins had that weak dk pegged!
His nearly dead father makes more sense.
George W. Bush is a phoney. However, he did have the good sense to at least issue a respectful statement:

"There's still a need for every American to help hasten the day when Dr. King's vision is made real in every community - when what truly matters is not the color of a person's skin, but the content of their character."

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#974149 Sep 1, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you mean McCain's war on Syria? The Republican presidential candidate who referred to the "US failure" to intervene in Syria as 'shameful' and described Obama’s plans for limited air strikes on Syria as “cosmetic”? You people are deranged.
What did Obama do when the Mullahs murdered people in cold blood?

Leading from behind in Syria, he could have supported the moderate elements when they began the uprising well over a year ago, but chose not to.

Now he has boxed himself into a corner ignoring the first uses of chemical weapons which encouraged the latest use and 1400 killed.

Leading from behind is not a strategy, it's puerile. How did Clinton lobbing a few tomahawks at bin laden do for you?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#974150 Sep 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! I can't understand (let alone hear) what you don't say son.
Perhaps you're not as smart as you think you are? Because I'll attest to that!
Alrighty then, I'll be clearer and to the point.

"The 80s' called, they want they foreign policy back"

A quote from one the most (if not THE most) IGNORANT, immature, ghetto gutter, kindergarten sandbox level statements to ever foam out of a political dog debators mouth.

A TOTAL embarrassment moment to MY generation.

A moment that demands an apology, for making listeners cringe at the utter stupidity and mindlessness of.

Is dat yew Mr Reagan? Or were dat Afghanerstan? Or the Berlin airdrop?

All Over any dog and pony show page, but the right one.

It still reverberates cringes.

Ugh.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#974151 Sep 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The key word is "can". To think there isa one to one ratio between corp tax cuts & price reduction, then you are sadly mistaken.
One of the problems with Fair Tax's argument is that ending corporate taxation leads to equal price reductions. That os beyond stupid.
You claim to own a business. I have no idea what it it nor do I care. However, lets say you sell widgets. If the company down the street starts selling widgets for $5 less than you and all your customers start going there are you going to keep your price the same or lower it?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#974152 Sep 1, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
George W. Bush is a phoney. However, he did have the good sense to at least issue a respectful statement:
"There's still a need for every American to help hasten the day when Dr. King's vision is made real in every community - when what truly matters is not the color of a person's skin, but the content of their character."
Not as phoney as Barack Hussein Obama, but he was is a 'Natural Born Citizen'. Something that Obama has yet to prove, with a Birth Certificate that passes muster.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#974153 Sep 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>bushie boy sure didn't work for several thousands of Americans who were killed pushing his agenda son.
This crap isn't about former POTUS Bush, you moronic idiot.

Go stick your head back in the sandbox of ignorance, you've already sucked up your quota of spewing it enough for a week.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#974154 Sep 1, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
And we thought Jimmy Carter was a Momma's Boy President.
BTW. Jimmy vehemently disagrees with the Boy Messiah's stupid Syria moves.
I read that. Anyone with even a shard sanity and actual decency would.

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#974155 Sep 1, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
Ca Ca Ca Cruz, Ca Ca Ca Cruz,
Ya fck wit him ya lose,
He bust your phony healthcare down
And beat ya till ya bruise,
the leftist phags will lose,
Roun the horn in 2-16
He POTUS in the news,
Ca a Cruz. A fitting slogan. Go for it.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#974156 Sep 1, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
Obama Furious After Vladimir Putin Unfriends Him on Facebook
By Mark Donahue
Obama Furious After Vladimir Putin Unfriends Him on FacebookWASHINGTON – The turmoil that was generated between Russia and the United States after President Vladimir Putin granted asylum to Edward Snowden earlier this month escalated even further when President Obama cancelled his private meeting with the Russian president before September’s G-20 conference of world economic leaders in St. Petersburg. But the delicate fragments of alliance that remained between the two countries may have been irretrievably shredded in the proverbial fan today after Vladimir Putin unfriended President Obama on his Facebook page.
Sources inside the administration say President Obama learned of the Russian president’s Facebook coup during his morning White House briefing. Obama became quite upset when he was told the news, but upon learning that Vice President Biden and Vladamir Putin remained Facebook friends the president became enraged, forcing everyone out of the Oval Office before angrily kicking the door closed. Moments later it was discovered President Obama had signed onto his personal Twitter account and unfollowed President Putin.
About an hour later reporters managed to corner Vice President Biden outside a Duncan Donuts after he’d purchased his daily chocolate eclair and Diet Coke. When asked about Putin unfriending the president on Facebook, Biden took a moment to swallow a bite of his eclair before answering.
JoeBiden12072 Obama Furious After Vladimir Putin Unfriends Him on FacebookJOE BIDEN: That’s a might tasty eclair. Only in America!
(The vice president smiled and winked at reporters)
JOE BIDEN: Now, to your question about President Putin. Politics is a high stakes game of deception, distraction and diversion that few have the ability to master. That’s why there’s only a handful of folks who attain the level of power that a President Obama or a vice president like myself do. That being said, the depth of understanding involved in comprehending President Putin’s Facebook maneuver cannot be easily deciphered, let alone explained in a manner simple enough for the common man to grasp.
REPORTER: Mr. Vice President, did Vladimir Putin hurt President Obama’s feelings?
PRESIDENT BIDEN: Oh, sure. Even the most stoic among us isn’t immune to the humiliation of being unfriended on Facebook. Although it’s quite easy to forget, President Obama is after all, human. No more special than I am.
REPORTER: President Obama unfollowed President Putin on his Twitter account. Was that out of spite?
JOE BIDEN:(chuckling) Of course it was.
REPORTER: Mr. Vice President, apparently you are still Facebook friends with President Putin. Do you plan to unfriend him to show your allegiance with President Obama?
JOE BIDEN: I can assure you President Obama isn’t concerned with my Facebook friends. What happens between President Obama and President Putin is between them. Who am I to take sides?
REPORTER: But according to a high level source inside the White House, the president is very concerned. Why do you think Putin unfriended President Obama but not you?
JOE BIDEN:(Smiling) Oh, gosh, who knows. I can say I heard Mr. Putin is still friends with Jay Z and the Clintons on Facebook. So it’s not like I’m a big deal.
LOL

"The 80's cawrled...wahwahwahwah..... "

Dat what I be tawrking about lol

(flokcn FB idiotocracy!)
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#974157 Sep 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Ca a Cruz. A fitting slogan. Go for it.
Since YOU brought slogans up-Here's another one-

They's always dwama with Obama!

Since: Oct 12

Manorville, PA

#974158 Sep 1, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>George W. Bush is a phoney. However, he did have the good sense to at least issue a respectful statement:

I'm glad you said that because that's the problem. It's the blacks character that we can't stand not the color and it's the America black not all blacks. So if you want us to respect you and treat you as equal change your character!!! And please pull up those pants!!!!!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#974159 Sep 1, 2013
There you go again wrote:
<quoted text>
Russia is more a threat now than anytime during the Cold War. This is the moment they have dreamed about we as a nation are in trouble and if ppl don't change there ways in a hurry we're done if its not to late now. Dumbama realized that today that's why he punted!!!
Which "Cold War"...the one "twenty years" ago in Afghanistan, the one where the Berlin wall came down, or the Berlin airdrop era (the years of the ACTUAL "cold war--some 60-65 years ago or so)...

The TEA leaves are axin'...is that yew Mr Reagan? Half hour to appearance time-- Hollywood cawrled-they was just making sure you stage and podium were leveled and ready!!

Location hidden

#974160 Sep 1, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>why?

Because all the while when Obama was saying that he was weighing his options and had not made any definitive decision on Syria, you and yours were crying "the sky is falling". Now, when he finally announces that he's decided to use military force with congressional approval, you and yours, have egg on your faces. i

As much as I am opposed to any military action...especially one based on unreliable Massaud intelligence, I think Obama is making a smart move. Let those who have been grandstanding go on record rather than simply criticize from outside whatever action he takes.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#974161 Sep 1, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
So just how do you accomplish guaranteed coverage for those with pre existing conditions without an individual mandate to spread the risk Carol?
What does a mandate have to do with coverage. Why don't you say what you really mean? That without the communist government ordering everyone to buy insurance young people won't so there won't be money to pay for older people. This thing is going to be the biggest boondoggle ever forced on the American people.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#974162 Sep 1, 2013
There you go again wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll give you that!! Lol
Not too difficult when the choice is -slide the pawn to a safe spot or be checkmated -OUT of the game.

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#974163 Sep 1, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You claim to own a business. I have no idea what it it nor do I care. However, lets say you sell widgets. If the company down the street starts selling widgets for $5 less than you and all your customers start going there are you going to keep your price the same or lower it?
What I would do does not depend on the corp[orate tax rate.

My "widgets' are likely higher quality & my company provides expert advice & service.

Smart consumers go for more than price.

Just the other day you were bragging how you have loyal customers. Since you claim loyalty, I assume you are not the cheapest.

So why do they use your services?? Are the the cheapest?

Location hidden

#974164 Sep 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Then bushie boy was a very poor teacher indeed!
Democracy didn't reign son....
... bushie's lies did!
And as part of the price, HE killed Americans!

Hi, Yeah. As usual, I am playing catch-up. Still travelling but convinced that I played a very small part in convincing Obama to rethink his course of action. I don't expect him to go against Congress and I don't expect Congress to make the same mistake twice.

However, I need to correct you on one thing, Bush did eventually apologize for his "failure" by admitting the Iraq war was "a clear example of poor judgement" and something that he finds "regrettable".

I trust that Obama has more common sense than Bushie Boy.

George W. Bush, May, 2013:

"After the events of September the 11th, I focused all my energy on protecting America from the next attack." Regrettably in our zeal to defend America, my administration exaggerated threats which - although real - did not constitute a clear and present danger to the United States.

"After my presidency I have come to the belief that the Iraq War, although well intentioned, was unnecessary and too costly to justify. I deeply apologize to the American people and to our soldiers and veterans in particular for engaging them in such a conflict.

"I may have made a mistake - but I think all Americans know that I pride myself on being able to admit my failures."

http://dailycurrant.com/2013/03/20/george-bus...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#974165 Sep 1, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad the crowds of venomous, hollyweird and whineDUHM,igno-velveteenage postuh licking ozombieTics, have YET to show that they comprehend that simple statement of MLK.

This country would be in SOOOO much better shape again.(like pre-obammmer years).

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#974166 Sep 1, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Not as phoney as Barack Hussein Obama, but he was is a 'Natural Born Citizen'. Something that Obama has yet to prove, with a Birth Certificate that passes muster.
At one time usasince1680 compared O'bama to Khomeini-after O'bama was named Time's Man of the year. This is so funny:
QUOTE who="USAsince1680" <quoted text>
"[Americans] are the great Satan, the wounded snake."
— Ayatullah Khomeini
Not much has changed in the Middle East in all these years, has it?
I honestly hadn't given it much thought but now that you pointed it
out, his hatred of
the United States and his reliance on terrorism was not only the
lead-in to 9/11 and
the instability of the oil market but even our invasion of Iraq and
today's inflation.
But what I found most interesting was the Times description of
Khomeini, "he possesses the most awesome—and ominous—of political
gifts: the ability to rouse millions to both adulation and fury."
Sound familiar?
quote unquote by usamsince1680

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 55 min Brian_G 47,068
Minimum Wage and Unemployment Model 3 hr Goh 1
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 4 hr Top of the Heap 4,054
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 hr KiMerde 50,063
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr Mister Tonka 98,373
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr WelbyMD 178,617
Group of thieves hit Bentley Gold Coast store 6 hr Go Blue Forever 4
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]