Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1431412 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#974426 Sep 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! So? Just change your citizenship and voila! You're rid of the UN!
Why is it if I'm the stupid one, I HAVE to think of the answer for you?!?!?!
Cons... I just love their idiocy!
"yuck"
son you are stoopid. Please list the choices, the countries/nations, I could move to that are not members of the UN. son I guess I could move to La La Land, your residence of choice.
son, I have one more question for you are all liberals as stoopid as you are.
Peace
KMA

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#974427 Sep 1, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Different scenerio doofus.
WAY different....no matter what your little pea brain might try to delude you into thinking.
WTH we doing in LIBYA, aside from helping (we are all usumas) into MORE failed statehoodies.
NO one attacked us recently from Libya DOOFUS.
NO EXCUSE.
FAILED FOREIGN POLICY.
And we damn sure don't need any more of it!
Te difference is Syria has WMDs & just used them.

Aspers, PA

#974428 Sep 1, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a choice, higher salary or benefits package. Their "share" is actually my compensation for doing the job, its not a "share". Again, see how these idiots think? They can't do anything on their own.
And the for government employees their "share" is for doing their job. Its a job benefit.

Aspers, PA

#974429 Sep 1, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
The government is giving the discout. But you still think that's free market.
The government isn't selling the policies. So how did they give a discount.

Are you really this stupid???

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#974430 Sep 1, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Different scenerio doofus.
WAY different....no matter what your little pea brain might try to delude you into thinking.
WTH we doing in LIBYA, aside from helping (we are all usumas) into MORE failed statehoodies.
NO one attacked us recently from Libya DOOFUS.
NO EXCUSE.
FAILED FOREIGN POLICY.
And we damn sure don't need any more of it!
No one attacked us recently from Libya?? Really, hazard to guess where Benghazi, Libya is?

Who's the real DOOFUS here?

We got rid of foreign policy disasters when we got rid of Bush and rejected Mormon boy

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#974431 Sep 1, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"yuck"
son you are stoopid. Please list the choices, the countries/nations, I could move to that are not members of the UN. son I guess I could move to La La Land, your residence of choice.
Peace
KMA
Kosovo
Taiwan
Vatican City

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#974433 Sep 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think that people with pre-existing conditions should pay the same premiums as everyone else?
I'm not sure if catastrophic insurance could cover part, if not all, of the costs of pre-existing conditions. But everyone should have affordable health care in this country even with pre-existing conditions.

Unfortunately, solutions to lowering the costs of health care weren't even on the table.

But it would depend on the cost of the premiums, I suppose.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#974435 Sep 1, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure if catastrophic insurance could cover part, if not all, of the costs of pre-existing conditions. But everyone should have affordable health care in this country even with pre-existing conditions.
Unfortunately, solutions to lowering the costs of health care weren't even on the table.
But it would depend on the cost of the premiums, I suppose.
not an answer, but you might be on the right track...

People with pre-existing conditions should pay more, just like people with poor driving records.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#974436 Sep 1, 2013
OBAMANTION wrote:
<quoted text>ped-o-philes such as urself love war when their nobel peace prize winning mooslim supports war, eh?
lol! You've starting hitting the brew-skies a early, eh?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#974437 Sep 1, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
On this Labor Day:
Light a virtual candle for the victims killed and hurt by Liberal union thugs!
http://www.righttoworkcommittee.org/ldfuva1.a...
Right....

Cons won't light a candle for anyone they kill. THAT'S acceptable!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#974438 Sep 1, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> So the hundred thousand plus killed by conventional weapons don't count?
What counts in chemical warfare is that it takes out too many innocents, a form of genocide if you like so should not go unpunished. No one said this is good guys vs bad guys, in this conflict it's bad guys vs bad guys so not much of a choice there.
The biggest dilemma for Obama is if he doesn't get a UN sanction and still makes a strike anyway. Then if Syria retaliate by say firing a missile into Israel then all hell breaks loose. The Israelis will hit back a 100 fold and then the Iran's etc all start to play a hand. It becomes another Iraq on steroids and the whole middle east is under threat. So it's a careful walk on egg shells in this diplomatic game.

Orlando, FL

#974439 Sep 1, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Figures you'd like Thornton the prolific writer/azzhole.
Do you find these clowns on other threads and blogs and drag them over here? Or are you on the sucker e-mail lists?
You are just too funny - and predictable.

Thornton received a Bachelor of Arts in Latin from the University of California at Los Angeles in 1975. He received a PhD in Comparative Literature from the University of California at Los Angeles in 1983, and he studied Greek, Latin and English literature for his doctorate.

But, according to you, he's a clown on another blog.

Thornton has lectured at the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.C. He has written for numerous publications such as National Review Online, The National Herald, The Washington Times, The Los Angeles Times, The Jewish Press, The San Francisco Examiner, The American Enterprise, Intercollegiate Review, The American Journal of Philology, City Journal and FrontPage Magazine and has written several books.

But, according to you, he's a prolific writer/azzhole.

Thornton believes that declining beliefs in interpersonal ideals such as national pride and in religious ideals such as Christianity has led non-American Westerners to either substitute "political religions" such as communism and fascism into their lives or abandon having moral ideals altogether.

Thornton is a strong critic of the Obama administration and wrote in 2009:

"So far, we have heard nothing from the Obama team that suggests they will be any more successful than previous administrations in thwarting the designs of our enemies. Instead, look for more talk, more summits, even more agreements that, in the end, will leave us weaker and our enemies stronger."

Looks like Thornton has you beat in the "insight and perspective department" too.

No wonder you're so jealous.

But he's an azzhole

Orlando, FL

#974440 Sep 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
People with pre-existing conditions should pay more, just like people with poor driving records.
That makes sense. But, once again, unless and until the healthcare Ponzi scheme is uncovered and exposed and major reforms are made to lower the rising costs of health care, we're just chasing our tails.

People are already paying more than they should. Has nothing to do with quality and everything to do with the health care industry overcharging and ripping off insurance companies that we're paying for.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#974441 Sep 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I never said what I wanted,.
I'm just making fun of you & your right whiner buddies who defend Bush for taking us to a full blown war on the idea that Sadam might have wmds while having a fit where wmds are known to exist & used on civilians with a known terrorist group Hezbollah helping Syria.
Don't you ever get tired of being proven so ridiculous?
How quickly you idiots forget the mood of the country after 9/11. Why do you guys act like it never happened?
Enrique

Perth Amboy, NJ

#974442 Sep 1, 2013
OBAMANTION wrote:
I think Obama wants to start WW3 because he looks weak and ineffective because everyone in the world knows his strategy is 'lead from behind'....the democrats favorite position...just add vasoline LOL!
Remember when thwy said GWB went to war to avenge GHW, well BOH would have gone to war to avenge BOH's big mouth. But he can't even do that. Once more O Blamer is declaring. The buck doesn't stop here.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#974443 Sep 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
what if for example: people who had high blood pressure, but don't have it anymore--or people who were obese but aren't anymore--how about people that actually did something to get rid of diabetes--or what about the drinker or smoker that quit--should they really be considered 'pre-existing' when the so-called disease no longer exists. How about the woman that was treated for depression 15 years ago because he son was killed in a gang fight, but has never been treated again--should she still be considered depressed because she was treated for it years ago?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#974444 Sep 1, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Code for__Flack is heading to bar A. for a few brewskis before he goes to bar B. with the big screens and super surround sound for the Atlanta race.
Note: there with be big breasted barmaids and tight azz servers at both places who won't be replaced by robots during Flack's lifetime and he will be tipping 50 cents on the dollar__that's how Flack rolls.
While you sit at home alone downing your umpteenth piss water.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#974446 Sep 1, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"yuck"
Peace
KMA
Mongolia...

Vatican...

Cambodia...

Taiwan...

You really should do your homework instead of demanding non cons do it for you son. Makes you look really dependent on others!
Enrique

Perth Amboy, NJ

#974447 Sep 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Right....
Cons won't light a candle for anyone they kill. THAT'S acceptable!
Its much better when a President picks by baseball card or kills Americans by drone without a trial. If GWB had done what Zero is doing the MSMedia would be screaming.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#974448 Sep 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Te difference is Syria has WMDs & just used them.
...maybe, and if so, so what?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clinton foundation scam, gave 5.7%. That's horr... 31 min LYINgTHUgTRASH 12
last post wins! (Apr '13) 35 min Red_Forman 1,645
Clinton campaign dog story. 38 min A Funny One 3
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 45 min Earthling-1 61,454
News Chicago ranked as the best city for biking in t... 1 hr Dolly7837 4
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Sublime1 103,597
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Barmsweb 72,037
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Dr Guru 225,422

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages