Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 44,708)

Showing posts 894,141 - 894,160 of1,078,106
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Assad is at only 10% of what Saddam killed so why the rush?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It's been reported that BushCo began discussing how to invade Iraq just after the election results were, cough, official__well before the the coronation.
It was job one so to speak.
And many of that same group are begging for large scale intervention in Syria-Lebanaon seeing that as a way to eliminate Hezbollah.
Just read where Sunni's throughout the Arab world are quietly hoping for the end of Assad and by proxy Hezbollah.
Sounds like a plan eh?
Sounds like the Arab League is pulling Obama's strings.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Is consumption a reliable source of revenue?

Yes, in fact, consumption is a more stable source of revenue than income, as shown in Figure 3. The chart compares the yearly changes in the tax bases for the income tax (adjusted gross income -- AGI) and the FairTax (personal consumption expenditures -- PCE) for years 1974 to 2004. PCE has always grown from year to year, whereas AGI dropped from 2000 to 2001 and from 2001 to 2002 -- two years in a row. The higher growth rates of AGI in boom years result in overspending and then when the economy slows down either budget cuts are needed or, what is more often the case, taxes are raised or the budget deficit increases.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

HEAD and DRUGS wrote:
TYPICAL SCUMBAG . And to think this pig is the Prez :
On November 6, 1999 after picking me up at the Hotel in Gurnee“ and this is significant “ Mr. Multani used his cellphone to make a call. That call was made to then-Illinois State Senator Barack Obama to set up an introduction between me and Senator Obama.
Upon arriving at the bar and exiting the Limo, Senator Obama was standing next to Mr. Multani and I was introduced to Senator Obama. Later that evening at a bar which I believe was called Alibis, and I state believe which I failed so far to get Citi Group to provide the credit card receipts which has the actual name.
I mention I could use a line or two to wake up. Senator Obama asked me if I was referring to coke¯ and I stated I was, Obama stating I was, Obama states he could purchase cocaine for me and then made a telephone call “ and this too is significant ” from his cellphone to a presently unknown individual during which Senator Obama arranged the cocaine purchase.
Senator Obama and I then departed the bar in my limousine and proceeded to an unknown location where Senator Obama exited the limousine with two hundred fifty dollars and exited the limosine which was provided to him by me. Returned a short while later with an eightball¯ of cocaine which he gave to me. I did ingest a couple of lines of cocaine, and shortly thereafter Senator Obama produced a glass cylinder pipe and packet of crack cocaine from his pocket and then Obama smoked the crack cocaine. I performed fellatio on Senator Obama in the limousine during the time Senator Obama was smoking crack cocaine, after which I had the driver take me to the my hotel, The Comfort Suites, Gurnee, Illinois.
The following day, November 7, 1999, Senator Obama appeared at my hotel room, ununounced, uninvited where we again ingested cocaine and I again performed fellatio on Senator Obama.
Significantly, both the driver’s telephone call to Senator Obama and his call to the drug dealer should appear on the driver’s and Senator Obama’s cellphone billing statements. In the Fall of 2007. In September 2007 I contacted the Presidential Campaign of Barack Obama, to request solely that Senator Obama publicly correct his stated drug use record to (excuse me) to reflect his use of crack cocaine with me in November 1999.
So according to your story Bush was banging hookers in the West wing while Laura was being triple penetrated in the Lincoln bedroom?

I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy that told him this is a fact because he was there.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>So what you guesstimate the amount would be if the entire U.S. tax base withheld 10%?
...not my problem, but completely inconsequential in a zero interest rate environment where the government runs the printing presses.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> It's not adjustable every year. What is taxed?
The FairTax is a single-rate, federal retail sales tax collected only once, at the final point of purchase of new goods and services for personal consumption. Used items are not taxed. Business-to-business purchases for the production of goods and services are not taxed. A rebate makes the effective rate progressive.
Why isn't it adjustable every year?

Article I, Section 8, Clause 1:

The Congress shall have Power to lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States.

Are you under the assumption we have no debt?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>So what you guesstimate the amount would be if the entire U.S. tax base withheld 10%?
Seriously, Homer, do you actually get a refund every year?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>No it doesn't. I hope he's required to pay the Martins a bundle--which, of course, he can't.
Yo u better look again because they are cutting him a big fat check.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>There are ways around the consumption tax. So I'm visiting the local lumberyard for some stuff, you all know my abhorrence to the big box stores, so the amount is maybe 10 bucks worth of stuff, now I typically pay for everything with my credit card, the guys sees my card and says hey do you mind paying cash this way we don't have to pay any taxes(wink wink)? So I whip out a 10 spot and pay, I'm not about to start a war with some obviously anti-gov't deranged rightwinger, nor can I truly prove his intent.
So clearly there are ways around a consumption or flat tax.
Homer is also not in the habit of snitching for those of you suggesting I turn his ass in, also there isn't any proof, to be fair I did not look at the receipt to see if there was a line item for taxes before I pitched it.
And before you start yapping about me using a credit card, it is paid in full every month, I have never paid any interest nor annual fee on it. I use it to accumulate points and get free stuff. Homer working the system.
Obama found hired a bunch of folks who found ways around income tax.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text>How does the prebate work?
All valid Social Security cardholders who are U.S. residents receive a monthly prebate equivalent to the FairTax paid on essential goods and services, also known as the poverty level expenditures. The prebate is paid in advance, in equal installments each month. The size of the prebate is determined by the Department of Health & Human Services’ poverty level guideline multiplied by the tax rate. This is a well-accepted, long-used poverty-level calculation that includes food, clothing, shelter, transportation, medical care, etc.
'The size of the prebate is determined by the Department of Health & Human Services' Bah Homer not happy giving the Federal government that much control.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
Galt knows people who have only a minimal amount withheld most of the year and then file a new W-2 in November withholding their entire paycheck.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Sorry, W-4.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I 've been put on "permanent" ignore at least 4 time. Stinky azz skank needs to screw someone for a dictionary.
I've never been put on permanent ignore, you must be a real jerk.

'Stinky azz skank needs to screw someone for a dictionary'

Was that really necessary? I don't think your new wife would appreciate your speaking to another woman like that.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>How are you going to determine the tax rate?
23%. The amount needed to replace all the taxes removed with the fair tax. How does the FairTax affect wages and prices?

Americans who produce goods and earn wages must pay significant tax and compliance costs under the current federal income tax. These taxes and costs both reduce after-tax wages and profits and are then passed on to the consumers of those goods and services in the form of price increases. When the FairTax removes income, capital gains, payroll, and estate and gift taxes, the pre-FairTax prices of these goods and services will fall. The removal of these hidden taxes may also allow wages to rise. Exactly how much prices will fall and wages will rise depends on market forces. For example, in a profession with many jobs and too few to fill them, wages will likely increase more than in fields where there are too many employees and not enough jobs.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Since marriage is a right, I take katie perry as my bride.
Well, now, that would seem to make perfect sense only to one of the saggy phaggies Mopia on here who thinks that if a woman tells someone to go ef himself, it means she's feeling frisky... Did they instruct you on the facts that Triple E is a size of ladies' underpants and grown women wear size three shoes, as well?[I do, however, support your and Galt's right to wed.]
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
Is consumption a reliable source of revenue?
Yes, in fact, consumption is a more stable source of revenue than income, as shown in Figure 3. The chart compares the yearly changes in the tax bases for the income tax (adjusted gross income -- AGI) and the FairTax (personal consumption expenditures -- PCE) for years 1974 to 2004. PCE has always grown from year to year, whereas AGI dropped from 2000 to 2001 and from 2001 to 2002 -- two years in a row. The higher growth rates of AGI in boom years result in overspending and then when the economy slows down either budget cuts are needed or, what is more often the case, taxes are raised or the budget deficit increases.
I don't see figure 3. What chart?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It's been reported that BushCo began discussing how to invade Iraq just after the election results were, cough, official__well before the the coronation.
It was job one so to speak.
And many of that same group are begging for large scale intervention in Syria-Lebanaon seeing that as a way to eliminate Hezbollah.
Just read where Sunni's throughout the Arab world are quietly hoping for the end of Assad and by proxy Hezbollah.
Sounds like a plan eh?
It's been reported that zimmermanco stood up for a black man, you brainwashed idiot.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
...not my problem, but completely inconsequential in a zero interest rate environment where the government runs the printing presses.
If you are concerned about the debt it is your problem. But then as a rightwinger we know you're not really concerned about the debt.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Why isn't it adjustable every year?
Article I, Section 8, Clause 1:
The Congress shall have Power to lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States.
Are you under the assumption we have no debt?
The Fair Tax AMENDMENT is an amendment to the constitution which also removes the 16th amendment.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Connecticut Man Who Shot Himself Riding A Bike Blamed It On Gangs
A Connecticut man who accidentally shot himself with a gun in his waistband while riding a bicycle initially blamed it on a local gang, the Associated Press reported Friday.
Stratford police charged 22-year-old Wendell Docteur with making a false statement to authorities, including the unlawful discharge of a firearm during the May incident. Docteur posted a $10,000 bail and is due for arraignment on Sept. 5.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/c...
Hmmmm Wendell - Waxman ????? If my theory is correct there will be less dumbass posts on Sept. 5 as the Topix moron will be busy being arraigned.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 894,141 - 894,160 of1,078,106
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

161 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Learn to Read 174,433
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 min Abdurratln 67,844
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 9 min well 48,824
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 49 min TW_sugar_daddio 3
Anti-Jewish leaflets: Anti-Semitic hate message... 52 min Danny_Livewire 4
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 56 min Eric 68,347
People Can ‘Protect Themselves From an Overly A... 58 min hands on AR 2
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 22 at 2:51PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••