Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
894,081 - 894,100 of 1,100,106 Comments Last updated 18 min ago

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#973475 Aug 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> The majority of workers will pay tax on 100% of their income. The more you make beyond the living check to check people, the less % you pay.
Why is it fair for a family making $60K pay on 100% of their income when a CEO might only have 40% of his income taxed.
"fair" tax, not likely. A tax wealthy people would love.
I wonder, how many foreign visitors will flock to the US when you just raised the price on all goods by 30%.
Me, I'm opening astore across the bridge in Canada. You want something, I'll buy it & then "use" it & sell to to you tax free.
How does the prebate work?

All valid Social Security cardholders who are U.S. residents receive a monthly prebate equivalent to the FairTax paid on essential goods and services, also known as the poverty level expenditures. The prebate is paid in advance, in equal installments each month. The size of the prebate is determined by the Department of Health & Human Services’ poverty level guideline multiplied by the tax rate. This is a well-accepted, long-used poverty-level calculation that includes food, clothing, shelter, transportation, medical care, etc.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#973476 Aug 30, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Article 3, Section 3
nice try, but not what you quoted...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#973477 Aug 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
hey Homer, in the process of telling the clueless ones that there was no reason to be in Iraq have they ever used the 'but Saddam killed Kurds with chemical weapons' defense?
Yes, yes they have. "But Saddam gassed his own people! Friggin' libtards!!!!"
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#973478 Aug 30, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I think initially it might work but they'll soon realize they aren't generating enough revenue and they will raise the rate.
I just don't see how it would work and at the end of the day somehow the less fortunate among us will end up getting screwed.
Your state has a flat tax that works fine.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#973479 Aug 30, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> It's not adjustable every year. What is taxed?
The FairTax is a single-rate, federal retail sales tax collected only once, at the final point of purchase of new goods and services for personal consumption. Used items are not taxed. Business-to-business purchases for the production of goods and services are not taxed. A rebate makes the effective rate progressive.
I do not like that word 'progressive'. Any time so-called conservatives use the word progressive I know I am about to get screwed.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#973480 Aug 30, 2013
flack wrote:
The FairTax is a single-rate, federal retail sales tax collected only once, at the final point of purchase of new goods and services for personal consumption. Used items are not taxed. Business-to-business purchases for the production of goods and services are not taxed. A rebate makes the effective rate progressive.
Only morons are pushing for the Fair Tax Junebug.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#973481 Aug 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you seem to forget a war started by the arrogant Bush purely for financial gain. and when did they start planning it? the day after Bush stepped into the WH.
and as many of the liberals on this thread have indicated, we do not want Obama to bomb Syria. we are not the heartless azzholes who try to compare who killed the most children as a talking point.
so with you with no leg to stand on, who's the racist?
According to liberals,any one that does not 100% agree with Obama's agenda to destroy our country.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#973482 Aug 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt is willing to bet that Homer has never paid the use tax.
How much you wanna bet?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#973483 Aug 30, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>I must assume you don't pay withholding What do you expect...you think taxpayers get refunds on money they didn't pay??? Well, maybe among the Whites of West Virginia country.
Intelligent people adjust their withholding so that they owe money on April 15.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#973484 Aug 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Charlie Sheen is a 9/11 truther who has consistently supported liberal causes.
That's funny cause USA1680 is a 9/11 truther too. Which is more degrading?

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#973485 Aug 30, 2013
Assad is at only 10% of what Saddam killed so why the rush?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#973486 Aug 30, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It's been reported that BushCo began discussing how to invade Iraq just after the election results were, cough, official__well before the the coronation.
It was job one so to speak.
And many of that same group are begging for large scale intervention in Syria-Lebanaon seeing that as a way to eliminate Hezbollah.
Just read where Sunni's throughout the Arab world are quietly hoping for the end of Assad and by proxy Hezbollah.
Sounds like a plan eh?
Sounds like the Arab League is pulling Obama's strings.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#973487 Aug 30, 2013
Is consumption a reliable source of revenue?

Yes, in fact, consumption is a more stable source of revenue than income, as shown in Figure 3. The chart compares the yearly changes in the tax bases for the income tax (adjusted gross income -- AGI) and the FairTax (personal consumption expenditures -- PCE) for years 1974 to 2004. PCE has always grown from year to year, whereas AGI dropped from 2000 to 2001 and from 2001 to 2002 -- two years in a row. The higher growth rates of AGI in boom years result in overspending and then when the economy slows down either budget cuts are needed or, what is more often the case, taxes are raised or the budget deficit increases.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#973488 Aug 30, 2013
HEAD and DRUGS wrote:
TYPICAL SCUMBAG . And to think this pig is the Prez :
On November 6, 1999 after picking me up at the Hotel in Gurnee“ and this is significant “ Mr. Multani used his cellphone to make a call. That call was made to then-Illinois State Senator Barack Obama to set up an introduction between me and Senator Obama.
Upon arriving at the bar and exiting the Limo, Senator Obama was standing next to Mr. Multani and I was introduced to Senator Obama. Later that evening at a bar which I believe was called Alibis, and I state believe which I failed so far to get Citi Group to provide the credit card receipts which has the actual name.
I mention I could use a line or two to wake up. Senator Obama asked me if I was referring to coke¯ and I stated I was, Obama stating I was, Obama states he could purchase cocaine for me and then made a telephone call “ and this too is significant ” from his cellphone to a presently unknown individual during which Senator Obama arranged the cocaine purchase.
Senator Obama and I then departed the bar in my limousine and proceeded to an unknown location where Senator Obama exited the limousine with two hundred fifty dollars and exited the limosine which was provided to him by me. Returned a short while later with an eightball¯ of cocaine which he gave to me. I did ingest a couple of lines of cocaine, and shortly thereafter Senator Obama produced a glass cylinder pipe and packet of crack cocaine from his pocket and then Obama smoked the crack cocaine. I performed fellatio on Senator Obama in the limousine during the time Senator Obama was smoking crack cocaine, after which I had the driver take me to the my hotel, The Comfort Suites, Gurnee, Illinois.
The following day, November 7, 1999, Senator Obama appeared at my hotel room, ununounced, uninvited where we again ingested cocaine and I again performed fellatio on Senator Obama.
Significantly, both the driver’s telephone call to Senator Obama and his call to the drug dealer should appear on the driver’s and Senator Obama’s cellphone billing statements. In the Fall of 2007. In September 2007 I contacted the Presidential Campaign of Barack Obama, to request solely that Senator Obama publicly correct his stated drug use record to (excuse me) to reflect his use of crack cocaine with me in November 1999.
So according to your story Bush was banging hookers in the West wing while Laura was being triple penetrated in the Lincoln bedroom?

I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy that told him this is a fact because he was there.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#973489 Aug 30, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>So what you guesstimate the amount would be if the entire U.S. tax base withheld 10%?
...not my problem, but completely inconsequential in a zero interest rate environment where the government runs the printing presses.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#973490 Aug 30, 2013
flack wrote:
Why isn't it adjustable every year?

Article I, Section 8, Clause 1:

The Congress shall have Power to lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States.

Are you under the assumption we have no debt?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#973491 Aug 30, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>So what you guesstimate the amount would be if the entire U.S. tax base withheld 10%?
Seriously, Homer, do you actually get a refund every year?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#973492 Aug 30, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>No it doesn't. I hope he's required to pay the Martins a bundle--which, of course, he can't.
Yo u better look again because they are cutting him a big fat check.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#973493 Aug 30, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>There are ways around the consumption tax. So I'm visiting the local lumberyard for some stuff, you all know my abhorrence to the big box stores, so the amount is maybe 10 bucks worth of stuff, now I typically pay for everything with my credit card, the guys sees my card and says hey do you mind paying cash this way we don't have to pay any taxes(wink wink)? So I whip out a 10 spot and pay, I'm not about to start a war with some obviously anti-gov't deranged rightwinger, nor can I truly prove his intent.
So clearly there are ways around a consumption or flat tax.
Homer is also not in the habit of snitching for those of you suggesting I turn his ass in, also there isn't any proof, to be fair I did not look at the receipt to see if there was a line item for taxes before I pitched it.
And before you start yapping about me using a credit card, it is paid in full every month, I have never paid any interest nor annual fee on it. I use it to accumulate points and get free stuff. Homer working the system.
Obama found hired a bunch of folks who found ways around income tax.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#973494 Aug 30, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text>How does the prebate work?
All valid Social Security cardholders who are U.S. residents receive a monthly prebate equivalent to the FairTax paid on essential goods and services, also known as the poverty level expenditures. The prebate is paid in advance, in equal installments each month. The size of the prebate is determined by the Department of Health & Human Services’ poverty level guideline multiplied by the tax rate. This is a well-accepted, long-used poverty-level calculation that includes food, clothing, shelter, transportation, medical care, etc.
'The size of the prebate is determined by the Department of Health & Human Services' Bah Homer not happy giving the Federal government that much control.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 9 min JOEL 68,969
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 15 min RJS 7,747
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 17 min danetoo 68,365
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 27 min Jacques from Ottawa 177,367
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 54 min BoDidHe 49,474
check out this chicago video 1 hr KingThad 1
Amy 8-29 2 hr Kuuipo 13
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr edogxxx 97,929
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE