Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 44,705)

Showing posts 894,081 - 894,100 of1,078,825
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Hey dumbass I pay taxes every year. I don't get a refund like the moochers do. Learn to understand what you read libtard!!!!
I must assume you don't pay withholding What do you expect...you think taxpayers get refunds on money they didn't pay??? Well, maybe among the Whites of West Virginia country.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Homer reports everything.
From your own words, you don't.

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, for the opinion on King. That file should be very interesting.
As far as resuming a full schedule, they might tell you it's possible, but, it isn't very probable.
Talk to just about anyone who has had a stent placement and they will tell you it IS very probable. There is nothing to it. You're not even asleep during the procedure. Bush had the procedure on a Tuesday and returned home the next day, "in high spirits, eager to return home to resume his normal schedule" according to his spokesman.

Since: May 11

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> There shouldn't be an IRS. Shouldn't matter if you're married or not. Consumption tax like the fair tax is the only way. Why do you have such a problem getting as much government out of people's lives as possible? Lemming.
The majority of workers will pay tax on 100% of their income. The more you make beyond the living check to check people, the less % you pay.

Why is it fair for a family making $60K pay on 100% of their income when a CEO might only have 40% of his income taxed.

"fair" tax, not likely. A tax wealthy people would love.

I wonder, how many foreign visitors will flock to the US when you just raised the price on all goods by 30%.

Me, I'm opening astore across the bridge in Canada. You want something, I'll buy it & then "use" it & sell to to you tax free.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you seem to forget a war started by the arrogant Bush purely for financial gain. and when did they start planning it? the day after Bush stepped into the WH.
and as many of the liberals on this thread have indicated, we do not want Obama to bomb Syria. we are not the heartless azzholes who try to compare who killed the most children as a talking point.
so with you with no leg to stand on, who's the racist?
It's been reported that BushCo began discussing how to invade Iraq just after the election results were, cough, official__well before the the coronation.

It was job one so to speak.

And many of that same group are begging for large scale intervention in Syria-Lebanaon seeing that as a way to eliminate Hezbollah.

Just read where Sunni's throughout the Arab world are quietly hoping for the end of Assad and by proxy Hezbollah.

Sounds like a plan eh?

Since: May 11

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
your boy says that chemical weapons are much worse....
When pushed into a corner, Galt lets the racial slurs fly like any good right whiner.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Don't know the difference between civil and criminal law? Ask Massey...
I didn't write the law. The state owes him the money. Get over it.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I never said you didn't pay them but by not paying at least what you owe weekly or monthly(however you get paid, if you still do) but by paying it annually you are adding to the debt with the accrued interest for those 12 months.
The IRS Code requires advance payment of 90% of the amount due.

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Only a cynic could absorb the sight of children wrapped in body bags outside Damascus following the apparent chemical weapons attack and not feel a primal urge to see those who unleashed such evil punished.
Only an innocent could contemplate a world in which a brutal dictator can deploy such weapons without consequence and feel secure.
Yet only someone who has willfully dismissed the tragic lessons of the last dozen years could countenance the Obama administration unleashing its own lethal weapons against Syria absent the authority of the United Nations Security Council and without the active participation of a multi-national coalition.(And, no, France and Australia do not constitute enough.)
Only those who have forgotten how the United States and its allies wound up in a catastrophic war in Iraq could now charge toward military confrontation with Syria, absent a clear and credible annunciation of the intelligence that supposedly ties Bashar Assad's government to the chemical weapons attack, and without an agreed upon plan for how to handle the potential repercussions.
Yes, the Syria conflict of today and the Iraqi misadventure undertaken a decade ago present two different circumstances, as many experts have already emphasized. Iraq was in no way related to the incident that -- at least publicly -- provoked the American-led war, the attacks of Sept. 11 delivered by Osama bin Laden and his al Qaeda partners-in-terrorism. In Syria, Assad has for years been meting out horrific brutality on those who oppose him, with visibly lethal consequences. The crime for which he now stands accused fits a pattern.
Where the case for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq was manufactured from the beginning, the likelihood that Assad's government really was responsible for the chemical weapons attack in a Damascus suburb appears far more plausible.
And where the government of George W. Bush was palpably intent on waging a broad and transformational military campaign against longtime enemies in the wake of Sept. 11, President Barack Obama could not be more reluctant to take on the battle before him. He made his name as the man who opposed the Iraq war from inception. He has finally charted a course out of the companion disaster in Afghanistan.
But in one crucial regard, the rush to strike Syria is indeed reminiscent of the ill-fated march into Iraq: It would undermine the very thing it is premised on defending -- international norms and a supposed code of decency.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/peter-s-goodman...
Here was the Napalm video released today--doesn't really appear that the 2500 degrees affects Muzzies like other people.
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/hl-60260320/nbc...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
People cheat the sales tax system now when its 5-6%. Wait until it gets to be 30%(rate & federal).
Adjustable every year.
Are we taxing stock purchases?
Then they will go to jail just like they do now. Don't know many business owners who would risk their time and investment to make a minimal amount of money. They would still report those taxes to the state tax department. The underground economy would disappear because there would be no need for it. Remember, used items are not taxed.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has done more to sexualize and degrade women than one of your own...Charlie Sheen.
Charlie Sheen is a 9/11 truther who has consistently supported liberal causes.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you in favor of American intervention into Syria? I say, let Assad kill them all, come what may. There are reports that there are 6000 fighters from other countries in Syria. Let the UN evacuate the Christians and innocent families and let them all just keep killing until it's over. Sounds crazy doesn't it? But I don't see what our dropping bombs will do to help anyone. Do you?
Both obama and kerry are in favor of american intervention in syria.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Lerch's statistics are far too precise to be believeable, claiming that Assad's chemical weapons attack killed precisely 1429 people including 426 children.

Not 1400 or 1450 or 1500, but 1429.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The IRS Code requires advance payment of 90% of the amount due.
So what you guesstimate the amount would be if the entire U.S. tax base withheld 10%?

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not support any military action without U.N. backing or, at the very least, without joint involvement of a coalition of nations...including Britain. Period.
IMO, if Obama allows the warmongers to persuade him to abandon his principles by taking unilateral military action against Syria, he will become a laughing stock. Just because the warmongering republicans have insisted on building up a massive military machine doesn't mean Democrats have to avail themselves of it. We certainly should not be leading an attack on Assad.
if O'bama allows...ROTFLMAO--what kind of idiot is he? can't think for himself? OMG--this is the best liberal idiotic post of the day.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>
Here was the Napalm video released today--doesn't really appear that the 2500 degrees affects Muzzies like other people.
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/hl-60260320/nbc...
i've seen pictures of those sort of injuries before.

The US used chemical weapons in Iraq - and then lied about it

Now we know napalm and phosphorus bombs have been dropped on Iraqis, why have the hawks failed to speak out?

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2005/nov/...

sorry, i took a look at the pictures and there's no way i can post a link. i probably won't be able to eat anything for a few days.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then it's a "right" polygamists should marry too.
Are you going to be the one to deny them their rights?
Or any screwball who comes down the pike with their own definition of marriage? Do they have the same right?
Because once you redefine marriage for one group, who's to say no one else wouldn't challenge their right to distort any definition of marriage?
Since marriage is a right, I take katie perry as my bride.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Homer reports everything.
Galt is willing to bet that Homer has never paid the use tax.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I'm saying that people cheat the gov't or try to all the time and a flat tax or consumption tax would open the floodgates. Hey I am no fan of the IRS, I just got a bonus and another raise and am getting creamed.
Love those extra duty pays that are all deducted from one pay period each semester... With property taxes and all, I work through the second week of June just to pay my fair share, but none of these SSI know-it-alls on here knows how that works.
LIBERALs

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Alonzo Fields was born in 1900, in the all-Black community of Lyles Station, Indiana. His father was the leader of the town's Colored brass band, and this early musical influence would have a profound impact on Alonzo's life. He left in 1925 to enroll in Boston's New England Conservatory of Music, where he would pursue a degree to teach music. During his stay in Boston he had come under the sponsorship of Dr. Samuel Stratton, President of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Dr. Stratton's financial support of Alonzo's studies made his dream of pursuing a career in music a very real possibility.

Tragically, Dr. Stratton passed away in 1931, leaving Alonzo without a job and without the means to continue with his music. To his good fortune Mrs. Herbert Hoover, upon hearing of Stratton's death, remembered a young man named "Fields" who had waited on her during her visit to the Stratton household. She called him up and offered him a job as a butler in the White House. Knowing that this was not a chance to pass up, Alonzo packed up his life and moved his family to Washington, D.C., leaving his unrealized dreams to fade away behind him. Little did Alonzo know that this was the start of a prestigious career that would span two decades and four Presidencies.

After serving under President Hoover, Alonzo stayed on with FDR and was at the President's side throughout the Second World War. During this time he also met and became a confidant of British Prime Minister Winston Churchill. But Harry Truman was, without a doubt, Alonzo's favorite President. It was Truman who would greet Alonzo every time he saw him. It was Truman whom Alonzo chose to stand beside him in his portrait that hangs in Medford City Hall. It was Truman who treated him not like a servant, but like a man.

After leaving the White House during the Eisenhower administration in 1952, Alonzo moved to West Medford to be with his wife, Edna, who was in and out of the hospital over the next two decades with thirteen operations. She passed away in 1973. During those painful times, Alonzo found solace in writing his memoirs from the extensive notes he had kept during his time at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. My 21 Years in the White House was published in 1960 and made him something of a celebrity. Community and church groups began inviting him to come and speak of his experiences. In the late 1970s, he became reacquainted with Mayland McLaughlin, also of West Medford. Having each recently lost their spouses, the two had an immediate connection, and a deep bond formed between them. They married in 1980.

Why cant we have this much information about the first Black President as we do about this Black American we can have it about a Butler no questions left unanswered the Butler is All American

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 894,081 - 894,100 of1,078,825
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

101 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 13 min truth 48,849
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 37 min danetoo 67,890
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr jacques Mont Tremblant 174,493
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Hey now 45,763
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr nuguyntwn 3,827
The Liberty Brothers Interview: Colonel Kratos,... 2 hr Must be you 7
Voting Whites NO LONGER hold majority in Ohio. 3 hr WeDoneOutBabiedThemDevils 1
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 4:15PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••