Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1548181 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

LCNLin

United States

#974505 Sep 1, 2013
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a lie
Typical

“Weak People Blame Others”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#974506 Sep 1, 2013
Bomb Israel wrote:
WHERE ARE THE CROOKED LYING UN ?? ISRAEL ARE KILLERS AND ABUSE HUMANS .

ISRAEL:
WHOREHOUSE OF THE MIDDLE EAST

Amnesty International, in its 2005 Report on Discrimination Against Women in Israel says:
Trafficking of women for forced prostitution has occurred over a number of years but appears to have been compounded in the past 15 years by several factors, including increased links between traffickers in Israel and former Soviet republics, in the wake of the large wave of immigration of citizens of these countries to Israel…

…Many women are lured to work in Israel under false pretense and are then forced into the sex industry. While many are reportedly aware that they will be working as sex workers, they are not aware they will be subject to violent and exploitative environments, working seven days a week and up to 18 hours a day for extremely low salaries or no salaries at all. Many are subjected to other serious human rights violations, including rape, deprivation of their liberty, and debt-bondage. Women forced to work as sex workers are reportedly also frequently subjected to threats of abuse and even murder. Half the women interviewed by the Hotline for Migrant Workers were effectively incarcerated by their “pimps” and, according to a 2003 survey, almost half of all women “sold” to pimps reported that policemen were among their clients.

According to a report by the Parliamentary Committee of Inquiry on the Trafficking in Women (Summary Report) issued in early 2005, some 3,000 to 5,000 women are brought annually into Israel and forced to work as sex workers and some 10,000 were estimated to be currently in the country…

Most of the women known to have been trafficked into Israel are from Ukraine, Moldova, Uzbekistan, and Russia, and are brought into Israel through the Egyptian-Israeli border. In the course of their journey, many are reportedly raped before traffickers sell them for $8,000-$10,000…

1 Jewish Michael Specter, in his article,“Slave Traders Lure Slavic Women,” confirms Amnesty’s report:

[In Israel] police officials estimate that there are 25,000 paid sexual transactions everyday. Brothels are ubiquitous…Once they [the women] cross the border [into Israel] their passports will be confiscated [by pimps], their freedoms curtailed, and what little money they have taken from them…The Tropicana in Tel Aviv’s bustling business district, is one of the busiest bordellos. The women who work there, like nearly all prostitutes in Israel today, are Russian. Their bosses, however, are not.‘Israelis love Russian girls,’ said Jacob Golan, who owns this and two other clubs,‘….They are blond and good-looking and different than us…And they are desperate. They are ready to do anything for money.’ 2
Name a single other democracy in the region? And prostitution is legal lots of places... Including Nevada
Frank

Spokane, WA

#974507 Sep 1, 2013
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely! The President is brilliant.
Really.
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a lie

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#974508 Sep 1, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for pointing that out but it will make no difference to the radical conservative fringe who are now mouthing off about Obama's inaction. I love the fact that Obama has called their bluff. Now grandstanding Republican members of congress will have to put their money where their mouth is. If Congress does turn Obama down, they will have to shoulder the blame for whatever comes next.
if Congress turns O'bama down, the O'bama is to blame for doing whatever it is he does. O'bama can stand alone naked with Kerry and Biden and the rest of the morons calling for war.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#974509 Sep 1, 2013
Buy American or Drop Dead wrote:
<quoted text>
Name a single other democracy in the region? And prostitution is legal lots of places... Including Nevada
the liberals can't blame O'bama for anything. They can't blame this on Bush, even though they tried, so let's blame Israel-the libs hate Israel more than they hate the Republicans. O'bama does also. Why would a president force regime change in these countries surrounding Israel? Mubarak kept his treaty with Israel. Assad has kept his treaty with Israel. O'bama wanted Israel to go back to the 1967 borders--it is obvious why O'bama wants regime change in Syria.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#974514 Sep 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>bushie boy didn't have UN support. That's why he sent Powell...
"yuck"
son, you are lying again. There was a UN resolution supporting the action.
Peace
KMA

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#974515 Sep 1, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn some history Dude.
Saddam used nerve agents on his own people in the 1980's. Guess who was President then and in fact which U.S. president sold him those WMD'd? Did that President take any action against Saddam back then?
care to guess.
By the time Little Dunbya came around, Saddam didn't have any WMD's. The years of embargo imposed by President Clinton and that missile strike (which the GOP said was a ruse to take the spot light off more important things-a stained blue dress) destroyed Saddam's WMD capability
in case you forgot, they didn't find any WMD's and the Pentagon's report confirmed there weren't any.
"koma"
"Stoopid" the reason no WMD's were found? They were sent to Syria. assad is now using them to kill women and children.
Why you bring up Bush 1 or 2 is beyond me. Bush 1 was mediocre, Bush 2 something less. nobama makes both of them look pretty damn good. Best president in the last 20 years? clinton and he had the morals of an alley cat.
Peace
KMA

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#974516 Sep 1, 2013
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a lie
"silly"
The poster did not lie.
Peace
KMA
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#974517 Sep 1, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
really, what combat units saw action in Libya?
geesh you are dumber than a rock.
Repeated and sustained air attacks are "war."
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#974518 Sep 1, 2013
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a lie
BS
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#974520 Sep 1, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"koma"
"Stoopid" the reason no WMD's were found? They were sent to Syria. assad is now using them to kill women and children.
Why you bring up Bush 1 or 2 is beyond me. Bush 1 was mediocre, Bush 2 something less. nobama makes both of them look pretty damn good. Best president in the last 20 years? clinton and he had the morals of an alley cat.
Peace
KMA
The death toll for Saddam's use of CWs was 5,000 but hey that was in immediately before the strike so he gets a pass is your claim

Since: Nov 11

Marengo, OH

#974521 Sep 1, 2013
Bomb Israel wrote:
WHERE ARE THE CROOKED LYING UN ?? ISRAEL ARE KILLERS AND ABUSE HUMANS .

ISRAEL:
WHOREHOUSE OF THE MIDDLE EAST

Amnesty International, in its 2005 Report on Discrimination Against Women in Israel says:
Trafficking of women for forced prostitution has occurred over a number of years but appears to have been compounded in the past 15 years by several factors, including increased links between traffickers in Israel and former Soviet republics, in the wake of the large wave of immigration of citizens of these countries to Israel…

…Many women are lured to work in Israel under false pretense and are then forced into the sex industry. While many are reportedly aware that they will be working as sex workers, they are not aware they will be subject to violent and exploitative environments, working seven days a week and up to 18 hours a day for extremely low salaries or no salaries at all. Many are subjected to other serious human rights violations, including rape, deprivation of their liberty, and debt-bondage. Women forced to work as sex workers are reportedly also frequently subjected to threats of abuse and even murder. Half the women interviewed by the Hotline for Migrant Workers were effectively incarcerated by their “pimps” and, according to a 2003 survey, almost half of all women “sold” to pimps reported that policemen were among their clients.

According to a report by the Parliamentary Committee of Inquiry on the Trafficking in Women (Summary Report) issued in early 2005, some 3,000 to 5,000 women are brought annually into Israel and forced to work as sex workers and some 10,000 were estimated to be currently in the country…

Most of the women known to have been trafficked into Israel are from Ukraine, Moldova, Uzbekistan, and Russia, and are brought into Israel through the Egyptian-Israeli border. In the course of their journey, many are reportedly raped before traffickers sell them for $8,000-$10,000…

1 Jewish Michael Specter, in his article,“Slave Traders Lure Slavic Women,” confirms Amnesty’s report:

[In Israel] police officials estimate that there are 25,000 paid sexual transactions everyday. Brothels are ubiquitous…Once they [the women] cross the border [into Israel] their passports will be confiscated [by pimps], their freedoms curtailed, and what little money they have taken from them…The Tropicana in Tel Aviv’s bustling business district, is one of the busiest bordellos. The women who work there, like nearly all prostitutes in Israel today, are Russian. Their bosses, however, are not.‘Israelis love Russian girls,’ said Jacob Golan, who owns this and two other clubs,‘….They are blond and good-looking and different than us…And they are desperate. They are ready to do anything for money.’ 2
Stop making a fool of yourself in this forum, please!

Your racist hatred of Israel will be punished with fire after the Muslims you defend so much cut off your neck!!!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#974522 Sep 1, 2013
Buy American or Drop Dead wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be confusing him with GW. Of course, it wasn't for no reason. Over 5k US servicemen died so George and Dick could funnel billions in no bid government contracts to Halliburton and their other politically connected friends. But asking Congress to approve launching a few Tomahawks is exactly the same. But keep licking that old money blue blooded azz
You haven't read Obama's request to Congress or you would KNOW he is requesting permission to engage in full combat war with Syria.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#974523 Sep 1, 2013
It is total idiocy to use Israel as an excuse for Obama's poor judgement in getting us in this position.

President Teleprompter decided to go off script and play cowboy with his red line nonsense.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#974524 Sep 1, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
The death toll for Saddam's use of CWs was 5,000 but hey that was in immediately before the strike so he gets a pass is your claim
Correction

The death toll for Saddam's use of CWs was 5,000 but hey that wasn't immediately before the strike so he gets a pass is your claim
Yeah

San Jose, CA

#974527 Sep 2, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Better news than the MSM, who bow at the altar of Barack Hussein Obama. Get with the program Yeahoo or they'll leave you further behind than you already are?
lol! And yet you people quote the so called man!
Yeah

San Jose, CA

#974528 Sep 2, 2013
Lily Barton wrote:
<quoted text>
That war was well supported moron. Right now, you boy is demonstrating Ameuture hour. Putin slapped your boy down, big time.
Obama sent Lurch. Totally ineffective.
Obama sucks. So do you, retard.
yep. Supported via lies.that's good old bushie!
Yeah

San Jose, CA

#974529 Sep 2, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"yuck"
son, you are lying again. There was a UN resolution supporting the action.
Peace
KMA
lol! Good thing you have your word to fall back on.otherwise you'd be embarrassing!
Yeah

San Jose, CA

#974530 Sep 2, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"koma"
"Stoopid" the reason no WMD's were found? They were sent to Syria. assad is now using them to kill women and children.
Why you bring up Bush 1 or 2 is beyond me. Bush 1 was mediocre, Bush 2 something less. nobama makes both of them look pretty damn good. Best president in the last 20 years? clinton and he had the morals of an alley cat.
Peace
KMA
lol! Again, good thing you have your opinions to protect you!
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#974531 Sep 2, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text> yep. Supported via lies.that's good old bushie!
The boy wonder Obama is gonna start World War III... You are such a dumbass!

Get the picture, you dummy?

It's the culture...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 43 min flamewarz 63,846
Keep on slopping God!!! 1 hr Yasmine 2
Am I the only one who notices how weird and con... 2 hr Yasmine 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 10,838
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr huntcoyotes 241,568
Time to Fire Trump and Mulvaney 5 hr UR Right JOEY 4
Dissolving Illinois 5 hr DISSATISFIED Citizen 5

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages