Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1232300 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#973510 Aug 30, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>'The size of the prebate is determined by the Department of Health & Human Services' Bah Homer not happy giving the Federal government that much control.
The prebate is determined by the poverty line for each family. Not by Health and Human Services. They only put out the poverty line statistics.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#973511 Aug 30, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I've never been put on permanent ignore, you must be a real jerk.
'Stinky azz skank needs to screw someone for a dictionary'
Was that really necessary? I don't think your new wife would appreciate your speaking to another woman like that.
No, but it was fun. Hey homey, as I recall you stayed silent when the std infected skank attacked my son. At least I have the class to keep the insults inside the topix family.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#973512 Aug 30, 2013
Obama should either go ahead or call it off.

The longer he waits the more foolish he looks.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#973513 Aug 30, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Well, now, that would seem to make perfect sense only to one of the saggy phaggies Mopia on here who thinks that if a woman tells someone to go ef himself, it means she's feeling frisky... Did they instruct you on the facts that Triple E is a size of ladies' underpants and grown women wear size three shoes, as well?[I do, however, support your and Galt's right to wed.]
See homer. Look at the words your skank uses. Why do you defend stinky azx bigots?

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

Who's dawn?

#973514 Aug 30, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I 've been put on "permanent" ignore at least 4 time. Stinky azz skank needs to screw someone for a dictionary.
as I talking to you, namE? Better go bang out your frustration with Fenny orKissy--you know, your own kind.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#973515 Aug 30, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I don't see figure 3. What chart?
It didn't post.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#973516 Aug 30, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> The Fair Tax AMENDMENT is an amendment to the constitution which also removes the 16th amendment.
Whoa whoa whoa, don't fck with our Constitutional Amendments, next thing you know they'll be coming for everyone's guns!

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#973518 Aug 30, 2013
"In no event are we considering any kind of military action that would involve boots on the ground, that would be a long-term campaign, but we are looking at the possibility of a limited, narrow act that would help make sure that not only Syria but others around the world understand that the international community cares about maintaining a chemical weapons ban." ~BO

I really don't know what to think of this
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#973519 Aug 30, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> 23%. The amount needed to replace all the taxes removed with the fair tax. How does the FairTax affect wages and prices?
Americans who produce goods and earn wages must pay significant tax and compliance costs under the current federal income tax. These taxes and costs both reduce after-tax wages and profits and are then passed on to the consumers of those goods and services in the form of price increases. When the FairTax removes income, capital gains, payroll, and estate and gift taxes, the pre-FairTax prices of these goods and services will fall. The removal of these hidden taxes may also allow wages to rise. Exactly how much prices will fall and wages will rise depends on market forces. For example, in a profession with many jobs and too few to fill them, wages will likely increase more than in fields where there are too many employees and not enough jobs.
23%!?! <Gaaaah! Homer drops dead of a heart attack>
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#973520 Aug 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like the Arab League is pulling Obama's strings.
Looks like chris tolles is pulling yours.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#973521 Aug 30, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but it was fun. Hey homey, as I recall you stayed silent when the std infected skank attacked my son. At least I have the class to keep the insults inside the topix family.
You have a son?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#973522 Aug 30, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> The prebate is determined by the poverty line for each family. Not by Health and Human Services. They only put out the poverty line statistics.
I'd be willing to hear more, because a 23% consumption tax is really going to fck over the poor.

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

#973523 Aug 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
51st state refuses to join the Obama War on Syria.
Obama now recruiting Kenya to form an international coalition....of fools...
Kenya is already helping him to slaughter Somalis. I bet Kenyatta is turning over in his grave.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#973524 Aug 30, 2013
Homer trying to work with the rightwingers today. The seem more mentally stable today than yesterday.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

Who's dawn?

#973525 Aug 30, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Yo u better look again because they are cutting him a big fat check.
Yeah, Florida law is kinda bassakwards, but I wouldn't hold my breath on O'Mara's math. "Because he was acquitted, a Florida statute requires the state to pay his costs for things like expert witnesses and travel, and he plans to file a motion soon, lawyer Mark O'Mara says.

"It's a pretty standard motion for a case that the defense won," says a spokesman for Zimmerman's legal team. But Florida doesn't reimburse acquitted defendants for their attorney fees—and O'Mara says he has been paid nothing by Zimmerman. At $400 per hour, fees for the time he spent on the case would add up to more than $1 million."

P. S. Georgy Pudgy still owes everybody, including his bodyguards. No wonder he's doing personal appearances at gun factories...wonder how much Shelley will ask for? After all, she was actually convicted without going to trial.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#973526 Aug 30, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>as I talking to you, namE? Better go bang out your frustration with Fenny orKissy--you know, your own kind.
Hahahaha...English please.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#973527 Aug 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"Permanent ignore" works best when not announced so that the fools in that status keep on trying.
I'm sorry were you talking to me? I had you on partial ignore the last 10 minutes(unannounced)

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

#973528 Aug 30, 2013
State The Obvious wrote:
Remember this?
Published on May 5, 2013
Israel Bombs Syria
Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =MLK99aLCwokXX
Quote:
Israel drops what some have reported to be a small "nuclear" type of device.
In a flagrant and overt violation of International Law, the state of Israel has used Lebanese airspace to carry out a sustained bombing campaign in Syria.
Israeli officials have confirmed that the country's air force carried out a strike against Syria and say it targeted a shipment of advanced missiles.
Now, there can be no doubt about what this has been about all along. This is a real mess, whole bigger than I imagined. I hope the USA stays out of it.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#973529 Aug 30, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like chris tolles is pulling yours.
Never heard of "chris tolles"...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#973530 Aug 30, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>23%!?! <Gaaaah! Homer drops dead of a heart attack>
It the same as the taxes you pay now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 51 min Fair Game 53,473
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr JRB 189,746
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr Net Workit 5,994
Amy 5-23 13 hr mrs gladys kravitz 3
Abby 5-23 13 hr mrs gladys kravitz 2
News AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 14 hr RICO 7,567
Word (Dec '08) 16 hr Dream Crystal 5,239
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]