Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1433956 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#973794 Aug 30, 2013
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
What would Mitt Romney do
Close another company! Put more people out of work!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#973795 Aug 30, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! F**k the "grassroots" of the Republican Party. They don't matter anymore.
The grassroots support Ted Cruz and Rand Paul, not McCain and Graham, or turncoats like Christie.

They matter a lot.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#973796 Aug 30, 2013
<quoted text>
What would Mitt Romney do
One would hope that Romney would not have shot off his mouth before he had a plan and support for his plan.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#973797 Aug 30, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
Wag the Dog O'bama is pissed: So when Prime Minister David Cameron was unable to muster the votes in Parliament for support for a strike in Syria — even one limited to stopping the future use of chemical weapons — shock could be heard in the voices of senior White House officials who never saw the British rejection coming.
“Bungled by Cameron,” said one.
“Embarrassing,” said another.“For Cameron, and for us.”
Now Mr. Obama is left to cope with miscalculations on both sides of the Atlantic. If he goes ahead with the strike — which seems all but inevitable, based on the statements of senior administration officials who say the president is determined to restore “international norms” against the use of chemical weapons — he will look more isolated than any president in recent memory entering a conflict.
O'bama could step down now and save the face of America.
I have a strong sense that not only our allies but members of our own government are beginning to feel like Edward Snowden does.
This bass turd is Rosemary's Baby.

The Western world will be forever be weaker for having had this jerk appear on stage. It is Curtain Time for the Great Tap Dancer.

Lapeer, MI

#973798 Aug 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary will keep her distance from this mess.
I think Benghazi left her with some fond memories of the Boy Messiah.

Distance now is very important to her.

Maybe she could take a vacation with Samantha Power???

Lapeer, MI

#973799 Aug 30, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
This was the old neighborhood I lived in, in Chicago city proper, of course I sold my property shortly after Barack Insane O'bama was selected. For all you chimps lovers out there-watch the video and remember this was in broad day light. West Rodgers Park is one of the biggest Jewish Neighborhoods in Chicago.
ROGERS PARK — A longstanding gang conflict in Rogers Park took a scary turn for some neighbors when an Internet video appeared featuring gang members flaunting big guns at the corner of Farwell Avenue and Ashland Boulevard.
The video, posted earlier this month to YouTube, features a rapper by the name of Bang Da Hitta, rapping about the death of apparent rivals.
He and others in the video hold what appear to be long-barreled, semiautomatic firearms, while spitting lyrics that call for the death of "L'z," a nickname for a Howard Street gang called LOCs, or Loyalty Over Cash.
"Rogers Park is going down. Don't f--- around with that f---ing ground. Don't f--- with, don't get f---ed around. Thirty up in that clip, boy. F--- around and get hit, boy," the rapper says, before the chorus repeats, "Die L'z."
The gang whose territory includes the intersection of Farwell and Ashland is known as ICG, or Insane Cutthroat Gangsters, said Rogers Park Police Cmdr. Thomas Waldera.
Waldera said he and his officers are aware of the video and others that have popped up on YouTube this summer since suspected gang member Blake Lamb, 20, was shot to death at Willye B. White Park.
Waldera, who commanded the Area North Gang Enforcement Unit from 2005 until he was promoted to district commander at the end of April, said the ubiquitous nature of social media has led to gang members using internet videos, instead of graffiti tagging, to provoke rival gangs.
After Lamb was killed, Waldera said, another video had been posted that showed rival gang members taunting what appeared to be Lamb's body under a white sheet at the scene of the murder.
"It’s unbelievable," he said. "They somehow got video of the body with the sheet over it.[They were] saying, like,'Come on, get up, Blake. Get up. I thought you don’t lay down for anyone.' "
http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20130829/roger...
The Magic Negro: "If I had a son...... "

Lapeer, MI

#973800 Aug 30, 2013
Four US Historians: What ‘The Butler’ gets wrong about Ronald Reagan and race.

Washington Post: http://tinyurl.com/ponkybw

Wouldn't you know it?!!! Oprah is part of another racist slap at America. The Boy Messiah must be having an anal orgasm over it.

Hollywood is known as Tinsel Town for good reason.

Hollywood is affectionately known by Liberals as Tinsel Town for good propaganda reasons.

Change history and you can change the future.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#973801 Aug 30, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a strong sense that not only our allies but members of our own government are beginning to feel like Edward Snowden does.
This bass turd is Rosemary's Baby.
The Western world will be forever be weaker for having had this jerk appear on stage. It is Curtain Time for the Great Tap Dancer.
the sky is falling! The sky is falling!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#973802 Aug 30, 2013
<quoted text>
I hope they all run for President. The comedians will love it
After Obama finishes ruining the country, any Republican will win.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#973803 Aug 30, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
Four US Historians: What ‘The Butler’ gets wrong about Ronald Reagan and race.
Washington Post: http://tinyurl.com/ponkybw
Wouldn't you know it?!!! Oprah is part of another racist slap at America. The Boy Messiah must be having an anal orgasm over it.
Hollywood is known as Tinsel Town for good reason.
Hollywood is affectionately known by Liberals as Tinsel Town for good propaganda reasons.
Change history and you can change the future.
Obama needs an intervention by Oprah.
GOPidiots

United States

#973805 Aug 31, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
After Obama finishes ruining the country, any Republican will win.
Mitt Romney in a landslide!!!!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#973806 Aug 31, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Here's a look at the mix of military forces facing Assad -- and each other -- in and around the Levant.
The United States already has Syria ringed with Patriot missile batteries in Jordan and Turkey and has four Arleigh Burke-class guided missile destroyers parked in the eastern Mediterranean Sea. This little fleet is likely armed with a mix of Tomahawk cruise missiles to attack ground targets in Syria and surface-to-air missiles capable of defending the ships from attempts to attack them by air.
If U.S. President Barack Obama does decide to fire a warning shot -- as he has described any U.S. military action there -- at Assad, these ships and their Tomahawks will likely play a major role.
In addition to the four destroyers, the United States may well have one of its four guided missile submarines prowling the waters near Syria. These subs used to carry massive Trident nuclear-tipped ballistic missiles. Over the last decade they saw their nuclear payloads removed and refitted to carry up to 154 Tomahawk cruise missiles in 22 of their 24 giant missile tubes. This class of ships saw its combat debut during the 2011 campaign to oust former Libyan dictator Muammar al-Qaddafi when the USS Florida fired more than 90 Tomahawks at targets in Libya.
There you have it: an entire, heavily armed corner of the world on edge, a dictator desperately fighting for his life, and an Iran that might have something to prove. What could possibly go wrong?
http://killerapps.foreignpolicy.com/posts/201...
Patriot missiles are defensive. Used to shoot down incoming missiles. Good grief!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#973807 Aug 31, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
So what do you think he should do ? Just let it go,?? Would you have said the same thing when Hilter was found to be killing millions of jews in WW2 , let that one go as well. So far the chemical attack has killed over 1400 , 426 of those were children. I'd say there is some pretty moral high ground that Obama is standing on right now.
So the hundred thousand plus killed by conventional weapons don't count?

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#973808 Aug 31, 2013
steve richards wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, which "ridiculous" war do you refer to? The one Oblama has been carrying on for 5 more unnecessary years?
Oblama barely mentions Afghanistan, for him to appoint a traitorous, anti soldier, lying POS like John Kerry is a disgrace, he should keep his filthy mouth shut about our soldiers.
We went to war in Afghanistan to et Bin Laden. Your buddy Bush declared Bush irrelevant & abandoned Afghanistan to go to his war for oil. Now you blame this war on Obama because he had to clean up Bush's mess.

Aspers, PA

#973809 Aug 31, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
He's also the jerk who said that his administration would be the most transparent in history. He also said that he'd have no lobbyists in his administration. He also said that any of his legislative proposals would first be posted on the White House website for 5 days so Americans could read it.....
Are you finally ready to admit that the President is a jive-turkey, shuck-n-jive liar from the hood?
No boots on the ground means what? This boy can say anything he wants to and he normally does. He's always shooting his mouth off.
So he fires a few cruise missiles into Syria and Iran responds with a nuclear strike against Israel and Putin's warships fire on our fleet. And then sleeper cells here in America begin taking down airliners with shoulder-launched missiles smuggled across the Mexican border that the Jerk-In-Chief doesn't want to protect.
Now. What was that about the Boy Messiah saying "no boots on the ground"???
More slurs from this racist f*ck.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#973810 Aug 31, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
They've been outlined and summarized numerous times.
It's outlined extensively here.
"House GOP Solutions Group Outlines Health Care Plan
to Increase Affordability, Accessibility, Availability
Commonsense Health Care Reform to Lower Costs and Increase
Access and Quality at a Price Our Country Can Afford
Republicans"
http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/GOPHealthPl...
The Republican plan is just a vague outline with no details and no numbers to go along with them. They've been promising those numbers since 2009. And no they haven't summarized it numerous times.
One of their promises is making quality healthcare affordable and accessible for every American,
regardless of pre-existing health conditions; but they don't say how they're going to do that without mandated coverage.
Preventing Americans from being forced into a new government-run healthcare plan; nothing in the ACA forces anyone into a government run health plan.
Ensuring that medical decisions are made by patients and their doctors, not government bureaucrats; but there's nothing in there about medical decisions being made by backroom pencil pushers working for the insurance industry determining what treatment they'll cover based on how much profit the company expects to make.
They also threw in "tort reform" that basically lets big insurance use their deep pockets to steamroller over plaintiffs.
Rep Dave Camp (R-MI) said Republicans will come up with a bill that is paid for, but until it is committed to legislative language and the Congressional Budget Office reviews it, there is no way to put a price tag on it.
They never did put this into legislative language and never intended to.
Nice try though.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Aspers, PA

#973811 Aug 31, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Sure that's why Gosnell got aways with 'late term' abortions for years. If they weren't out of the womb-good enough for him--and if they survived getting out of the womb-even a better target. No big deal though to liberals, most were black babies. The liberals have made getting pregnant 'a danger' to the woman's health. Open your eyes dumbo.
You dumbass, Godsell was arrested for performing ILLEGAL abortions.

My God you are a GD idiot.

Late term abortions are only legal when the health of the woman in in danger.

Learn the law and maybe you won't look like such moron.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#973812 Aug 31, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>We're just happy you pretend you are off the Mainland --somewhere over there in O'bama's Asia...eating dog waiting for the old ticker batteries to expire.
He's in Ashborn Va. He was posting as yeah but forgot to change his location the other morning. He does that all the time. Thinks he is fooling someone.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Aspers, PA

#973813 Aug 31, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah I know the tax fairy brings it to the corporations. You libtards would keep the poor and the middle class oppressed just to keep 'the rich', in your deranged minds, from not paying their 'fair share'. Wealth envy is so uncool. It is gaining ground, so in ten years, maybe people will finally come to their senses and realize the political parties are playing them for suckers but I'm not holding my breath.
Corporations base their pricing on what the market will bear.

If tax rate went up 1%, corporations would not raise their prices if the higher price would reduce sales more than that 1% tax would lower that bottom lie.

You are sofa king stupid, you think if we cut the corporate tax rate 1%, that prices would drop.

Its not wealth envy. You just gave the wealthy humungous tax cuts. You gace Corporations huge tax cuts.

Who makes up for this loss in revenue.

It a simple question.

One you won;t anwer.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#973814 Aug 31, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Corporations base their pricing on what the market will bear.
If tax rate went up 1%, corporations would not raise their prices if the higher price would reduce sales more than that 1% tax would lower that bottom lie.
You are sofa king stupid, you think if we cut the corporate tax rate 1%, that prices would drop.
Its not wealth envy. You just gave the wealthy humungous tax cuts. You gace Corporations huge tax cuts.
Who makes up for this loss in revenue.
It a simple question.
One you won;t anwer.
I think market forces would lower the cost. If company A says we can lower the cost of our widgets 1% and still make the same money but increase market share I believe they would do so. Of course company B would also have to lower their price to stay competitive so again I believe market forces would lower prices. Something you libtards have no clue about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min WelbyMD 225,506
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 16 min Ize Found 71,066
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 53 min Sublime1 103,655
abby9-30-16 56 min mrs gladys kravitz 3
News Trump, Clinton and that murder at Millennium Park 1 hr Massage9032 2
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr RACE 9,561
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Flirtz1484 61,523

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages