Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#973146 Aug 29, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
The best ways to deal with trolls are the following :
Ignore postings that you suspect may be from trolls.
Thank sonic. I'll try snd ignore lily

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#973147 Aug 29, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
WHY DO PEOPLE ‘TROLL’?
We have been studying Troll behavior for many years, and find that the main reason they act this way is because of mental health issues or psychological problems. This has been discussed in depth with psychologists and therapists, and they have come to the same conclusions: That trolls are people with serious socialogical, psychological and deep-seated mental issues, stemming from either sexual abuse, mental illness, and problems with their sexual identity.
Do you really think any sane person would want to go onto a discussion board, with the sole purpose of starting an argument, if they were not mentally ill? These people would not act that way in the street in front of a random stranger, so what gives them the right to do it in an online environment? They are deluding themselves if they think that trolling is acceptable behavior. In my opinion, Trolls should be banned from the internet, and made to attend classes for their 'mental health issues', and be made to discuss why they feel the need to upset / harass / defame / belittle people online.
To understand why people 'troll' you first have to understand mental illness. Trolling is a sign of someone who is mentally ill, or who is emotionally unbalanced and angry at normal people for some reason or other.
We find that most people who are trolls do this for 5 reasons:
1. An abusive childhood.
2. Mental illness / Mental Health Problems
3. Homosexuals in denial.
4. Social Outcasts
5. Sexual Predators
HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH A ‘TROLL’?
http://anti-troll.org/
Do you mind if I borrow this sometime? I don't know if you've noticed but I have a mini troll.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#973149 Aug 29, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank sonic. I'll try snd ignore lily
ok, you go ahead snd do that if you want.

snd will you wingnuts please turn on your spell-check. PLEASE!?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#973150 Aug 29, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mind if I borrow this sometime? I don't know if you've noticed but I have a mini troll.
a mini troll? pray tell.
sonictrollfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#973151 Aug 29, 2013
so now i'm ignoring your right wing as-far-as-it-can-go-into-crazy land source.
sonictrollfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#973152 Aug 29, 2013
Report: Millions Of Courageous Americans Overcoming Media Pressure To Be Thin

According to a groundbreaking report released this week by researchers at the University of Texas, tens of millions of citizens across the United States are bravely resisting the relentless pressure from the media to be thin and active.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/report-milli...

another FOX fail.
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#973153 Aug 29, 2013
Coretta Scott King in 1991: "Hold Employers Accountable for Hiring Illegal Aliens"

Pro-amnesty activists trying to co-opt the civil rights messages of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...

http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#973154 Aug 29, 2013
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not in favor of war in Syria
...racist
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#973155 Aug 29, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Neocons Push Obama to Go Beyond a Punitive Strike in Syria
http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/08/neoco...
you people are very conflicted.
yes,'you people'.
Not a single person signing the letter is an elected Republican officeholder.

DemoKKKrats own the Obama War on Syria.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#973156 Aug 29, 2013
steve richards wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a fact for you to mull over when you sober up[if that ever occurs], Oblama is contemplating illegally dropping bombs on Syria, likely killing civilians, innocents, women and children.
Only racists object to anything done by Obama.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#973157 Aug 29, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Obama Promises Syria Strike Will Have No Objective
Attempting to quell criticism of his proposal for a limited military mission in Syria, President Obama floated a more modest strategy today, saying that any U.S. action in Syria would have “no objective whatsoever.”
“Let me be clear,” he said in an interview on CNN.“Our goal will not be to effect régime change, or alter the balance of power in Syria, or bring the civil war there to an end. We will simply do something random there for one or two days and then leave.”
“I want to reassure our allies and the people of Syria that what we are about to undertake, if we undertake it at all, will have no purpose or goal,” he said.“This is consistent with U.S. foreign policy of the past.”
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowit...
Sounds like the Biden plan to fire a shotgun in the air when someone threatens your life.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#973158 Aug 29, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Obama Promises Syria Strike Will Have No Objective
Attempting to quell criticism of his proposal for a limited military mission in Syria, President Obama floated a more modest strategy today, saying that any U.S. action in Syria would have “no objective whatsoever.”
“Let me be clear,” he said in an interview on CNN.“Our goal will not be to effect régime change, or alter the balance of power in Syria, or bring the civil war there to an end. We will simply do something random there for one or two days and then leave.”
“I want to reassure our allies and the people of Syria that what we are about to undertake, if we undertake it at all, will have no purpose or goal,” he said.“This is consistent with U.S. foreign policy of the past.”
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowit...
Humor hits reality on the head....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#973159 Aug 29, 2013
Patriot wrote:
The Illegal NWO 'president' Bypasses Our Constitution and Congress Taking More Illegal Executive Action Against American Gun Owners
http://www.activistpost.com/2013/08/obama-tak...
lol! What country are you from son?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#973160 Aug 29, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"yuck"
son you came thru as expected. With nothing. You are an expert on the Roman Empire, why not share all that knowledge? No son, you know little, but----- you do have a big mouth.
Peace
KMA
lol! You have a big head....

... too bad it's empty!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#973161 Aug 29, 2013
steve richards wrote:
<quoted text>
Media Ignores Increased Deaths, Casualties in Afghanistan Under ...
www.breitbart.com/.../Mainstream-Media-Ignori... ;
Sep 11, 2012 - What is more striking, though, is more U.S. soldiers have been killed and wounded during President Barack Obama's first term in office than ...
lol! breitbart.... the source for right wing rumors!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#973162 Aug 29, 2013
steve richards wrote:
<quoted text>
Media Ignores Increased Deaths, Casualties in Afghanistan Under ...
www.breitbart.com/.../Mainstream-Media-Ignori... ;
Sep 11, 2012 - What is more striking, though, is more U.S. soldiers have been killed and wounded during President Barack Obama's first term in office than ...
lol! Go get 'em Shirley!!!!

"The Sherrod defamation suit against Breitbart et al continues. A federal appeals court upheld a federal district court’s rejection of a Breitbart colleague’s request to dismiss Shirley Sherrod’s defamation case against conservative blogger Andrew Breitbart, his aide Larry O’Connor and an unnamed defendant.

Breitbart died in February of 2012, at the age of 43, but the suit continued. O’Connor requested that the case be dismissed on the grounds that it violated his freedom of speech rights.

Sherrod was asked to resign from her job as the former Georgia State Director of Rural Development for the Department of Agriculture after Breitbart’s BigGovernment.com posted a deceptively edited video of the African American Sherrod speaking to an NAACP group, which made her sound like she was “racist” against white people.(Note: While conservatives like to make this claim, a function of racism is using race to keep a minority in the status quo, therefore, while white conservatives rage about “reverse racism”, it is not actually equivalent to the systemic, cultural and economic impact of racism on minorities).

The “conclusion” that Sherrod was a racist was in fact the opposite of the point she was making in her speech. This became clear later, when the full speech was released to the public, and Sherrod received belated apologies from the administration.

O’Connor and Breitbart claimed the Sherrod post was “opinion” and stood by it. The AP pointed out that the case is one of the first high-profile cases to test bloggers’ freedom of speech rights, with large news organizations filing friend of the court briefs in the lawsuit...."
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#973163 Aug 29, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Humor hits reality on the head....
So iraq must have really been funny to you people under bushie boy.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#973165 Aug 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
WHY DO PEOPLE ‘TROLL’?
We have been studying Troll behavior for many years, and find that the main reason they act this way is because of mental health issues or psychological problems. This has been discussed in depth with psychologists and therapists, and they have come to the same conclusions: That trolls are people with serious socialogical, psychological and deep-seated mental issues, stemming from either sexual abuse, mental illness, and problems with their sexual identity.
Do you really think any sane person would want to go onto a discussion board, with the sole purpose of starting an argument, if they were not mentally ill? These people would not act that way in the street in front of a random stranger, so what gives them the right to do it in an online environment? They are deluding themselves if they think that trolling is acceptable behavior. In my opinion, Trolls should be banned from the internet, and made to attend classes for their 'mental health issues', and be made to discuss why they feel the need to upset / harass / defame / belittle people online.
To understand why people 'troll' you first have to understand mental illness. Trolling is a sign of someone who is mentally ill, or who is emotionally unbalanced and angry at normal people for some reason or other.
We find that most people who are trolls do this for 5 reasons:
1. An abusive childhood.
2. Mental illness / Mental Health Problems
3. Homosexuals in denial.
4. Social Outcasts
5. Sexual Predators
HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH A ‘TROLL’?
http://anti-troll.org/
"Gee, that conversation on topix today really changed my political views".......

Said no one, ever.:-)

If it weren't a convenient place to take out some frustration/aggression and get a laugh or two, there wouldn't BE a topix. Trolling makes the internet go round....
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#973166 Aug 30, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! breitbart.... the source for right wing rumors!
Donger, time for a midnite snack!! Bring me some lichis....
Mystery Indeed

Danville, KY

#973167 Aug 30, 2013
A GREAT article :)
MYSTERY GROWS: JOURNALIST DIED PREPPING OBAMA EXPOSÉ

Major probe tied to agent suspected of sanitizing president's passport records

http://www.wnd.com/2013/08/mystery-grows-in-j...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Dale 180,891
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min litesong 48,579
EverGreen Belgrade 34 min Bozidar Jankovic 10
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 392
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 4,871
World's Best Photo Art 2 hr WOW 1
amerikkkan gov bans bakesales 2 hr hands on AR 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr primetime justice 98,694
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:01 pm PST

NFL 2:01PM
Shaun Phillips claimed by Indianapolis Colts
NBC Sports 2:31 PM
Kyle Fuller, Riley Reiff and Reggie Bush all questionable for Turkey Day
ESPN 2:35 PM
Cardinals' Bush: No 'fair shake' with Bears
NBC Sports 3:55 PM
Will Lions bad offense or Bears bad defense step up?
NBC Sports 4:15 PM
Washington benches RGIII, Colt McCoy to start