Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#973115 Aug 29, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
This chimp has just GOT to be NJraider1's mum!! Must-see video!!
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/national/kshb_o...
Looks just like the March On Washington.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#973116 Aug 29, 2013
Bill O'Reilly apologized Thursday night for his erroneous comments about the 50th anniversary celebrations of the March on Washington the previous day.

O'Reilly had complained that no Republicans had been invited to the event. In fact, many, including both living Republican presidents, John McCain, Jeb Bush and John Boehner had been asked to attend. All declined for various reasons.

O'Reilly admitted that he had been wrong.

"The mistake? Entirely on me," he said. "I simply assumed ... Republicans were excluded."

He advised viewers to "always check out the facts when you make a definitive statement, and added that he was "sorry I made that mistake."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/29/bill...
WAKE THE HELL UP USA

Smithfield, NC

#973118 Aug 29, 2013

Senators vote U.N. Control of America --TREASON!!!!

VOTE OUT THESE SENATORS THAT HATE THE USA!!!!!

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#973122 Aug 29, 2013
Liberals demand $15/hr. for frying french fries!!!

But they do not want to pay $10.00 for a Big Mac!!!

See? Liberals are brain dead not just hypocrites!!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#973126 Aug 29, 2013
steve richards wrote:
<quoted text>
Chief Chickenfeathers claims they love the warmonger Oblama in Germany, maybe they'll send the Luftwaffe to help Oblama murder civilians and innocents.
http://www.iraqbodycount.org/
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#973127 Aug 29, 2013
Neocons Push Obama to Go Beyond a Punitive Strike in Syria

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/08/neoco...

you people are very conflicted.

yes,'you people'.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#973132 Aug 29, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Neocons Push Obama to Go Beyond a Punitive Strike in Syria
http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/08/neoco...
you people are very conflicted.
yes,'you people'.
Let us wee how much more 'you people' are conflicted and confused.

Show everyone what a "punitive strike" would consist of?

That is what I thought, snack shack!!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#973133 Aug 29, 2013
steve richards wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting, is that Oblama's mother sitting on Stalin's lap?
WHY DO PEOPLE ‘TROLL’?

We have been studying Troll behavior for many years, and find that the main reason they act this way is because of mental health issues or psychological problems. This has been discussed in depth with psychologists and therapists, and they have come to the same conclusions: That trolls are people with serious socialogical, psychological and deep-seated mental issues, stemming from either sexual abuse, mental illness, and problems with their sexual identity.

Do you really think any sane person would want to go onto a discussion board, with the sole purpose of starting an argument, if they were not mentally ill? These people would not act that way in the street in front of a random stranger, so what gives them the right to do it in an online environment? They are deluding themselves if they think that trolling is acceptable behavior. In my opinion, Trolls should be banned from the internet, and made to attend classes for their 'mental health issues', and be made to discuss why they feel the need to upset / harass / defame / belittle people online.

To understand why people 'troll' you first have to understand mental illness. Trolling is a sign of someone who is mentally ill, or who is emotionally unbalanced and angry at normal people for some reason or other.

We find that most people who are trolls do this for 5 reasons:

1. An abusive childhood.

2. Mental illness / Mental Health Problems

3. Homosexuals in denial.

4. Social Outcasts

5. Sexual Predators

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH A ‘TROLL’?

The best ways to deal with trolls are the following :

Ignore postings that you suspect may be from trolls.

http://anti-troll.org/

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#973135 Aug 29, 2013

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#973137 Aug 29, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us wee how much more 'you people' are conflicted and confused.
Show everyone what a "punitive strike" would consist of?
That is what I thought, snack shack!!!
\

so like Fenris started up a thing about purple drank and some of you freaks decided to try it or something?

i have no f**king idea what is you're trying to say. get a grip mister. i have no time to play dance around the dangling participle. so quit wasting my time mushmouth.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#973139 Aug 29, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol, How could the Democrats do it when Republicans controlled what went before the House & Senate?
Republicans blockled Clinton's effort & then when they got control of congress CHOSE to ignore it.
When Democrats took control with a Demorat resident they addressed this issue.
Republican leadership rain down hHell on any Republicans who tried to help or be involved. They were certainly invited. Bit hey, their leadership met in December of 2008 & decided then to just vote no on everything Obama wanted.
How may Republican amendments are there with the ACA. I mean certainly there must be zero if they were "locked out" as you claim.
Is all you got lies, Carol? Really. Grow the f*ck up.
Well, actually, none of that is accurate.

Both Republicans and Democrats had their own ideas of how to reform health care at that time.

Democrats were split on health care reform. Some didn't want comprehensive health care reform but reforms of the insurance market and not universal coverage while another group wanted to reform Medicare with price controls while another small minority wanted a single-payer system.

Of course, there was a political element, but some on the left blame Bill Clinton more than Republicans for not identifying himself with conservative Democrats and moderate Senate Republicans to lock in support for reform from when they were offering it.

But if you're interested, this is rather informative and written by Paul Starr who was a Professor of Sociology and Public Affairs at Princeton University at the time this article was published.

http://www.princeton.edu/~starr/20starr.html
sonictrollfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#973142 Aug 29, 2013
maybe you haven't figured it out, but i'm ignoring you. yeah 'you'. as in 'you people'.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#973143 Aug 29, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol, How could the Democrats do it when Republicans controlled what went before the House & Senate?
Republicans blockled Clinton's effort & then when they got control of congress CHOSE to ignore it.
When Democrats took control with a Demorat resident they addressed this issue.
Republican leadership rain down hHell on any Republicans who tried to help or be involved. They were certainly invited. Bit hey, their leadership met in December of 2008 & decided then to just vote no on everything Obama wanted.
How may Republican amendments are there with the ACA. I mean certainly there must be zero if they were "locked out" as you claim.
Is all you got lies, Carol? Really. Grow the f*ck up.
Interestingly enough, Republicans and Democrats both expressed optimism that they could find areas of compromise between Clinton's version of health care reform.

Also, interestingly enough, the Clinton plan and the Senate Republicans had many aspects in common - including health care consumers joining together into large alliances to have clout over health care suppliers to force them to rein in their prices.

What is the most interesting though was many liberal Democrats in the House and Senate rejected a Canadian-style "single-payer" plan under which the government would pay the health care bills for all Americans.

http://articles.latimes.com/1993-09-16/news/m...

Liberals today want single-payer to be the ultimate goal.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#973144 Aug 29, 2013
Obama Promises Syria Strike Will Have No Objective

Attempting to quell criticism of his proposal for a limited military mission in Syria, President Obama floated a more modest strategy today, saying that any U.S. action in Syria would have “no objective whatsoever.”

“Let me be clear,” he said in an interview on CNN.“Our goal will not be to effect régime change, or alter the balance of power in Syria, or bring the civil war there to an end. We will simply do something random there for one or two days and then leave.”

“I want to reassure our allies and the people of Syria that what we are about to undertake, if we undertake it at all, will have no purpose or goal,” he said.“This is consistent with U.S. foreign policy of the past.”

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowit...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#973145 Aug 29, 2013
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
GFY swine
Workin the night shift again, I see.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#973146 Aug 29, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Thank sonic. I'll try snd ignore lily

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#973147 Aug 29, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
WHY DO PEOPLE ‘TROLL’?
We have been studying Troll behavior for many years, and find that the main reason they act this way is because of mental health issues or psychological problems. This has been discussed in depth with psychologists and therapists, and they have come to the same conclusions: That trolls are people with serious socialogical, psychological and deep-seated mental issues, stemming from either sexual abuse, mental illness, and problems with their sexual identity.
Do you really think any sane person would want to go onto a discussion board, with the sole purpose of starting an argument, if they were not mentally ill? These people would not act that way in the street in front of a random stranger, so what gives them the right to do it in an online environment? They are deluding themselves if they think that trolling is acceptable behavior. In my opinion, Trolls should be banned from the internet, and made to attend classes for their 'mental health issues', and be made to discuss why they feel the need to upset / harass / defame / belittle people online.
To understand why people 'troll' you first have to understand mental illness. Trolling is a sign of someone who is mentally ill, or who is emotionally unbalanced and angry at normal people for some reason or other.
We find that most people who are trolls do this for 5 reasons:
1. An abusive childhood.
2. Mental illness / Mental Health Problems
3. Homosexuals in denial.
4. Social Outcasts
5. Sexual Predators
HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH A ‘TROLL’?
http://anti-troll.org/
Do you mind if I borrow this sometime? I don't know if you've noticed but I have a mini troll.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#973149 Aug 29, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank sonic. I'll try snd ignore lily
ok, you go ahead snd do that if you want.

snd will you wingnuts please turn on your spell-check. PLEASE!?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#973150 Aug 29, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mind if I borrow this sometime? I don't know if you've noticed but I have a mini troll.
a mini troll? pray tell.
sonictrollfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#973151 Aug 29, 2013
so now i'm ignoring your right wing as-far-as-it-can-go-into-crazy land source.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 45 min Sunshine 181,798
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IBdaMann 49,183
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 2 hr Roxie Darling 361
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr Roxie Darling 718
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr cheluzal 98,851
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 5 hr barefoot2626 16
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 5 hr Cracker Jack 40
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago